Consider the following

>It's 2001
>Sony decides to make a Spider-Man movie
>Hire Raimi
>But instead of hiring Tobey, they get 18 year old Andrew Garfield, 15 year old Dane DeHaan as Harry, 16 year old Chris Zylka as Flash, and keep 19 year old Dunst as Mary Jane
>Rest of the cast stays the same
>First two movies take place in high school
>Peter and Mary Jane are on again/off again
>Gwen is introduced in Spider-Man 3 (played by 19 year old Emma Stone) and becomes his first true love while MJ and Harry get together
>Alternate villains in 3 are toned down considerably
>Iron Man and Hulk come out
>Sony and Marvel make their deal when Disney buys it
>Garfield Spider-Man is in the MCU and movies continue to be made with Raimi a director

tobey was the reason we went to go see the movie, idiot.

they're not enough 'no's' to take your what if shit and go shove it.

Drider?

Give me a break. Tobey was the worst part of the movies.

Which is why people still talk about the older spiderman movies and not the new ones.

Get fucked.

The older ones were better, but not because of Tobey. Credit goes to Raimi, Simmons, and the villains.

Tobey > Andrew

No. Tobey was a pathetic Peter and a lousy Spider-Man.

Garfield simply isn't meme material, just a soulless hollywood prettyboy. Tobey is kino

Credit also goes to this Jew who made classic 90s spiderman work

I would prefer a recast of Mary Jane, but otherwise this would be pretty great. The ability to watch Parker grow and develop across a multitude of films is the dream.
Thankfully, Disney is making that dream come true. Praise the Mouse.

No he was great, you probably were like 4 when they came out stfu

The point of spidey is that he never grows.

He and Ziskin made Spider-Man great.

Toby's moody, teary eyed Spider-man was a crucial part to the movies success. Up til then there'd been a string of handsome , stoic model types cast as superheroes. Toby broke that mold.

Why limit ourselves to Toby or Andrew when they are both diarrhea milkshakes?

>Thankfully, Disney is making that dream come true. Praise the Mouse.
Yeah, no.

Well, Andrew's Parker was so good, everybody copied him.

i cant stand andrew garfield tbqh

Peter is taller than Flash?
How the fuck is he going to be bullied?

Younger Garfield would have been interesting.

Holland is 5'8. Ravioli is 5'5. And yeah. That's going to be tough.

Kys

Grant is a total miscast for Barry Allen, but a pretty good Wally West (who is basically Spiderman).

He would be an amazing Peter Parker though. He has that perpetually 17 look that's appropriate.

>tfw we'll never get the Barry Allen we deserve that Zack Snyder could have easily gotten

They'll just have to pull a RDJ throughout all his scenes.

This is the only definative version of spider-man ever filmed

>mfw i thought toby maguire was Topher Grace in all of the spidermans but turns out Topher Grace was Toxin in Sp3

mandela effect hard as fuck

i even went on a tirade to my friend that topher grace must have been the spiderman

Fizz! Fizz!

>mandela effect
just say you misremembered it

casting Martin Sheen as Uncle Ben and Sally Field Aunt May was the worst. they are both terrific actors. but identify with their roles was umbearable to me

when the shit was this?

>just say you misremembered it

same, he's ugly, has annoying whinny voice and seems pretentious

Now I'm just angry because this will never happen. Thanks, fucker.

just got pic related tatted on my chest to celebrate Tobys amazing emotional range in his film adaptation of spider man

Wow rude

No, he was great, proven by your picture. Not giving a shit about "looking cool" and edgy. Just being human.

>tobey

The chick who was Gwen in 3 was hotter (and a better actor) than Man-voice Stone. Otherwise I like your ideas.

Oh, so a movie being popular and well-regarded means it's good right?

Tobey had no charisma, was too whiney, and looked too old to be Peter Parker. I understand why the Raimi movies are well-regarded, but this meme that Maguire was a great Peter Parker needs to end. Peter Parker was a tenacious kid who stood up for what was right even when life continuously shit on him, he didn't spend all his time staring at his shoes and crying. When he put on the suit, he was full of personality and confidence, he didn't zip around the city going, "Wowiee! Woohoo!" like some autistic child running around his basement. He was a dork because he had a penchant for inventing things and loved photography, not because he had the social skills of a WoW-addicted sponge. Tobey's character feels more like a nerdy caricature out of a seventies boner comedy than Peter Parker. He captured the earnest nature of Peter well, and I credit him for that, but I also think Garfield captured some of the elements of the character as well, and he's never given any credit.

All that being said, the ten or so minutes Spider-Man appeared in Civil War, is the first time I felt like the actual character was portrayed accurately on screen. Tom Holland doesn't look like a male fashion model, but he also doesn't look like squirmy little shit. He looks like a kid, not an adult pretending to be one. He sounds like a kid. He fights like a kid. And when he's in the suit, he's constantly commenting on this-and-that, distracting his enemies with banter and annoying his teammates with his rambling.

I don't care about the racial miscasting or people's negative feelings towards the MCU, this new Spider-Man movie is in my eyes, the first actual Spider-Man movie to be produced. I don't know who that character is that Raimi and Webb made, but it ain't fucking Spider-Man.

upvote

>things people born in 2000 say

I much prefer the timeline we're in where we have Tom Holland as Spider-Man

Wait, I thought it was Tom Holand and not Tom Holland

Nope, Tom Holland, you know, like the city.

so cute

Didnt this guy get a really shitty beard after Emma Stone gave him herpes?

>people shitting on based Tobey unironically

This is true but a lot of grown men get very uncomfortable when they see another grown man cry, but they're too insecure to admit that, so they just he's gay or a pussy. This is why a lot of people hate Tobey in these movies.

Tobey was fucking great. Everything about him is Peter Parker and Spider-Man.

Can't act for shit but comes with a giraffe neck to be cast instead of Tobey, fuck that!

>don't get too close to us white boi

The future in white countries summed up in 1 picture

Is he okay?

If you don't love Tugboat you're a fucking boylover.

>Dunst
Automatically dislike this idea. Gwen Stacy should have come first.

And as much as I like Raimi's other works, he made some shit Spider-Man movies.

>Grant is a total miscast for Barry Allen,

Not really. Barry in early comics is often portrayed as skinny and nerdy, plus he's always been kinda' quippy. Gustin is only really not blonde.

You got me

Implying Peter won't be bullying Flash. We can't have minorities playing anything but the victim, user.

I don't really care as long as Raimi's brilliant white supremacist, anti-semitic and chauvinist vision remains intact.

Flash is supposed to be the jock, right?

And bond to Venom, right?

That's just not gonna work no matter what they do. Flash is 6'2 and even bigger as Venom.

Why would Raimi even consider putting this scene in the movie?

Tobey looks a lot like Ted Raimi in that scene.

Dude, what the fuck is wrong with you?

Did you really think that picture was awesome enough to save, let alone repost it?

Seriously dude.. wtf...

>Peter and Mary Jane are on again/off again
>Gwen is introduced in Spider-Man 3

Hell no, that's so wrong. Gwen is his first love who dies then Mary Jane comes later for fucksakes.

He has the face of someone who deserves to be bullied anyway.

They should've gotten Faye Reagan to play Mary Jane.