Remember when Australia couldn't handle the bantz?

Remember when Australia couldn't handle the bantz?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bart_vs._Australia#Reaction_in_Australia
twitter.com/AnonBabble

remember when Americans couldn't discipline children at their country rotted away at the core over the course of the next 15 years?

Australian here. Everyone I know loves this episode. Every time there's knife fight someone inevitable makes a spoon joke. It's a top crackup mate.

>the aussie still can't handle the bantz

This. It was only the media who insisted that Australia was offended. Some things never change.

DELTE THIS

Didn't the Australian Parliament or their council of witch doctors or whatever condemn/curse the US for this episode though?

Thats awesome. To this day I still say to people
"I see you've played knifey-spoony before"

its obviously worked, look at the state of our goddamn country

who cares, only one country matters (unless your a hillshill)

There's hope

it wasn't even the australian media, it was the american media. so, americans try to taunt aussies, who laugh at them, and then the americans get butthurt because we didn't cry.

Jesus christ that picture is reddit as fuck
kys famalama

>we didn't cry

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bart_vs._Australia#Reaction_in_Australia

>After the attack on the French, this is a vicious, unkind, offensive and wonderfully amusing slaughter of Australian culture by the makers of The Simpsons."
>"Who are the Americans trying to kid here? I agree Australia has its faults, as does any other country. But laughing in our face about it, then mocking our heritage was definitely not called for. It embarrassed and degraded our country as well as making us look like total idiots"
>The episode received a mixed reception in Australia, with some Australian fans saying the episode was a mockery of their country. Shortly after it had aired, the Simpsons staff received over 100 letters from Australians who were insulted by the episode.[6] They also received letters from people complaining about the Australian accents used in the episode that "sounded more like South African accents".[5] The Simpsons writer and producer Mike Reiss claimed that this episode is Australia's least favorite, and that "whenever we have the Simpsons visit another country, that country gets furious, including Australia". He claimed that they were "condemned in the Australian Parliament after the episode had aired".

I remember seeing this episode a lot as a kid but I don't remember any outrage.

>It's a top crackup mate.
Why do you pretend we talk like this? Everybody can already tell you're Australian because you said "Australian here". You don't need to throw in some nonsense that you've never ever said irl to try to prove it.

>Shortly after it had aired, the Simpsons staff received over 100 letters from Australians who were insulted by the episode

wow over 100 letters

can you believe that

boy those aussies sure were salty! they only got a population of about 150 anyway

> Despite being criticized for mocking the country, the episode received positive reviews from Australians, too. Jim Schembri of the Australian newspaper The Age named it the funniest episode ever.

I never get to act like an Australian in real life. Everyone is so boring. However, it is refreshing using words that aren't cunt and fuck every second sentence. It's exact reason I can't stand our comics. Everyone think oh those Australians say cunt and fuck so zany and different HAHA. It's such a cheap ploy to make a response seem outrageous. Seriously pisses me off. Go on Youtube and all the top Aussie channels are just dumbass chuckleheads playing the bogan card.

>b-b-but

yeah look at those excuses, those pathetic aussies!

i can't believe out of a population of 23 million people 100 people got offended! look at them margins

aussies definitely hated this episode

golly

>Received one hundred letters from a country that had a population of 18 million people at the time
>A petition to have the australian currency officially changed to "Dollarydoo" has 70,000 signatures

>100 letters

There are about 20 million Australians, and almost 10 million of them know how to read and write.

give it a rest bois, being able to take some top bantz is something americans can never do, so they think its impossible

>almost 10 million of them know how to read and write

Friendly reminder that US CONGRESS actually had to take a day out to talk about how The Simpsons was too scary
>David Mirkin attempted to put "as much blood and guts" into the episode as he could. This was because Mirkin was disappointed by complaints from Congress regarding the amount of violence in the show and their attempts for it to be censored. He later called it "the most [...] disturbing Halloween show ever". The opening sequence, in which Marge states the episode could not be shown and plays some live action stock footage, was also in reaction to this. Mirkin said he thinks Halloween shows can be "scary as well as fun"
Amerifat confirmed for scared little pissbabies

>Go on Youtube and all the top Aussie channels are just dumbass chuckleheads playing the bogan card.
Isn't that exactly what you were just doing though?

>Amerifat confirmed for scared little pissbabies

No, this is just a case of right-wing congressmen from rural areas pandering to a tiny minority of "family values" voters in their districts on the off chance that they end up being important in an election.

As opposed to sensationalist media pandering to a tiny minority of "australian values" viewers in their audience on the off chance that they end up being easy to outrage?

Wait, did Australians actually get outraged in real life?

A few dozen people got mad. Just like a few dozen americans get mad and complained to congress and fox about The Simpsons.
The Simpsons lampshaded this at least twice.
With Abe mailing to the letter "P.S. I am not a crackpot" and Marge addressing the audience at the start of Treehouse of Horror V.

The only country that actually got legitimately butthurt was Brazil. But that's because Brazil have the weirdest fucking sense of nationalism ever. They're not just proud of their country (why? It's a shithole), but they treat their country the same way an Italian treats their mother. Anybody who insults her is your mortal enemy.

I would classify "crackup" as a an Australian word more-so than a strictly bogan word. Do you seriously not know people that say "oh man that's a crackup mate"? Bogans and true aussie battlers are different. It's sort of like the difference between Rednecks and Good ol' boys.

remember when mel nearly cried because ricky was giving him the bants to hard

I love how The Simpsons is arguably more culturally relevant in Australia because we use to only have 5 free channels and one of them would show The Simpsons every night. Everyone I know loves to quote The Simpsons. The Australian episode's "knifey spoony" is referenced more than Crocodile Dundee ffs

Oh, Australians don't really quote Crocodile Dundee?

In Australia this episode's actually a pretty good litmus test for whether or not someone's got a sense of humour in general. If they don't like it you can pretty safely tell them to fuck off.

In reality, in Australia it's just an episode of the fucking Simpsons. Nobody sits around discussing it or use it to determine who they want to be friends with.

It's like Australia has a weird obsession with 90's sitcoms. But especially the Simpsons

It's like Jerry Lewis and the French

I wasn't making out like it's something you ask everyone about the first time you meet them. Just that if it ever comes up with someone and they get pissy then they're pretty obviously a humourless cunt.

>it's an "anglosphere shits over each other without realizing they are all the same" episode

>american (or pretty much all but 2 countries) reaction to simpsons making fun of their country
ha ha, nice joke!
>australian/brazilian reaction of simpsons making fun of their country
grrrr how dare they, I will declare a fatwa on this cartoon!

shut the fuckup cunt old mate can talk how he fuckin pleases.

I don't believe you. Nobody has given a fuck about The Simpsons in 15 years

>Why do you pretend we talk like this?
>It's a Greens voting city dweller thinks the entire country is filled with exactly the same type of people as his local latte dispensary episode

it's sad when you realise australians are only constantly shitposting because they still can't get over the fact they were resoundingly destroyed by a poorly-animated cartoon from last century

Mel's probably the worst Australian ever, the guy tries harder than anyone I've seen to be American (except maybe Christian Bale).

Can the man even speak in his original accent?

That's all the third world bastard children Spain has that you're thinking of.

>implying the Greens aren't the only party worth voting for

Not even worth the paper you write your vote on

They literally want to give women more retirement money to fix the 'wage gap'. All of their policies are insane and unfeasible, which isn't surprising considering one of them have any of the skills needed to run a country.

Not that it matters, they know they'll never actually get in and have to put any of their ideas in action.

Not in Australia kek, everyone fucking loves the Simpsons here, look at the Simpsons Shitposting group for example.

>not knowing aus has the best bantz

It's like you've never been to a board with flags before. Australians are top tier.

did they get made at this episode or something?

>It's a Geddy sells the group to a maltese spammer but instead of playing it as the ultimate shitpost, he actually gets mad and defensive episode.

Australians are faggots.

Greens might have been okay if they were actually about the environment instead of being the globalist and refugee dick sucking party

>That nose.

>americans projecting that other countries can't handle bantz

hang in there jonah

well when your idea of bantz is you can't really blame them. Their level of sophistication just isn't as high as other countries. It's like telling a retard a knock knock joke. They just don't get it.

I know they're the only country that still shows reruns of Duckman

okay you say knock knock

To be fair we only started showing reruns of Duckman recently.
I hadn't seen it on the telly since the late 90s or maybe the early 2000s.

It never comes up.

I've never lived in a city in my life. My town doesn't even have any traffic lights.

I'm a New Zealander and I thought it was cringeworthy

Nobody cares, faggot.

Kill yourself.

>australian banter

fuck australia

rest are abbos m8

>i'll just have a cup of coffee
>beer it is

dont you get tired of hearing that joke 5 times a day?

>that pic
>'murrica

why do americans do this?

That's a lot of laughing sloots.

Literally every Australian worships this episode.

self deprecation is in fashion for emasculated "ironic" men.

Ausfag here.

Any other country mentioning Australia ever in their media, makes headline news here. Culturally, much of Australia suffers from "SOMEBODY NOTICE US!" and it's really fucking pathetic and annoying. It's why Australia spends so much money on sport and the Olympics. Fun fact, the Australian olympic swimming team has more government funding than the renewable energy sector here.

When Australia though is mocked in overseas media, our media goes into meltdown and you even get politicians and the head of state commenting on it.

The best one was when Robin Williams said on Letterman Australia was filled with british sounding rednecks. Our Prime Minister threatened to ban him from ever setting foot into Australia again unless he apologized to the Australian people and our media went on a massive anti-Robin Williams campaign.

So yes, Australia at least on a media and political sphere, does care about what the world thinks of us. Most of the population though probably couldn't give a shit.

That being said, and I'm not joking here. Australians see Australia as a "major power" on the level of the US, UK, China, Russia.

Srsly, not even being hyperbolic. It's bizarre as fuck.

>why do Americans do this?
When your the best you need to keep reminding people so they don't forget.

>the Australian olympic swimming team has more government funding than the renewable energy sector here.
Found the Melburnian numale cuck greens voter.

>Spending more money on dick waving sport contest than the fastest growing industrial sector in the world.

Australian economic literacy

Canadians see Ausfags as a Bizarro Canada that is about Canada-tier in terms of actual power and influence (1st world, yet 2nd rate) but is some weird reversal in almost every cultural sense.

Also we have more fresh water, more mineral resources, and our abbos are less shitty than your abbos.

It's also why whenever an Australian has an international audience (even something mild like posting on the internet) they overdo the Australian-ness and throw in lots of 'mate's and 'cunt's and talk about Vegemite or try to claim that we invented some phrase. Our TV shows do it too. It's like the country is pathetically desperate to have a distinct cultural identity.

Wait until we pull the trigger for uranium mining fammo.

>dude... le sportsball am i right fellas XDDD
Victorians...not even once.

I wish real Australia was like it was depicted in this episode. Alot of society's problems would be solved with a good booting.

I've caught myself doing this and I hate it. It's not a conscious thing, more playing into the expectation I guess?

Mel's an American who moved to straya as a kid and then moved back when he got big.

pls come back mel

don't you self-hating victorian cucks have a refugee rally to attend?

I like being Australian and I'm not from Victoria. Surely the people who change the way they speak and act, rather than just acting normal, are the ones that hate themselves.

You can't have him. He's ours now.

Jesus, he's Australian, Irish and American. Really the worst of the worst.

>fall for my false-flagging!!!

>regards: descendent from convicts

Mel is a national treasure

Aussie here, this is easily my favorite episode of the Simpsons and we actually started a huge petition over here to actually get our money changed to Dollarydoos.

That part with the Australian PM.
"Oi mister prime minister! ......Andy!"
All us Aussies on a first name basis with the leader of our country.

But God damn the brilliance of the entire "Be-eer?" Scene.

American banter is the weakest of the anglo banter. The German contribution to American genes shines through in their fucking autistic humourlessness.

I'm Strayan' and this is my favourite episode.
Like this user said, everyone loves this episode. We didn't become the bantkingz by not being able to take a joke.

I'm pretty sick of my country being stereotyped as some dangerous hellhole full of monstrous wildlife. Just because I can go outside and take a photo like this in my backyard doesn't mean I'm living in Jumanji.

Delete what?

The smashed glass hole almost looks like a map of australia

Yeah nah fuck off

Looks like my yard in backwoods Kentucky desu. I need to mow my fucking yard.

the weak should fear the strong

We fuckin loved that episode. The only thing that pissed us off was that you used Yanks with fake Brit voices instead of Aussies for the fucking voice acting, you cheap cunts.

It's a shame our fucking judicial system doesn't just use a giant fuck off boot to kick people's asses. Wish we did. Magistrates are weak as fuck here.

>That being said, and I'm not joking here. Australians see Australia as a "major power" on the level of the US, UK, China, Russia.
Many people see their own country that way.

Brazilian here. We didn't really care, it was the government that threw a shitfit because they thought Americans would take it as gospel and damage tourism.

how is he steering??

this killed me

Australia is like the one place on Earth where they should be hurting the environment more, that place wants to kill you

Why so Austrialians love Foster so much do they have a monopoly on all the beer there?

That's exactly what you dont need to do when you're the best

>Canadians actually think Australians didnt like this episode

Its probably the most popular one here

With his dick

It's basically impossible to find Fosters in Australia. No one drinks it.

Oi m8s, what's the good word?

I don't unserstand why they haven't nuked Sydney yet. Have you ever seen a funnel-web spider? That shit comes straight from hell.

gday redditor

I work at a botte-o and whenever I tell them exactly how much something cost I say dollerydoos. (means i'm strayan to them dum mericunt)

when the new white boi in prison meets Big Ben.