youtube.com/watch?v=s5Pr1V6_N3c
youtube.com/watch?v=bJvAHMtN04c
youtube.com/watch?v=F8hNaCnOdcw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Deadwood.

Rome.

Rome

hmm

are those the two little men in Night at the Museum?

Deadwood just for the bicycle scene

Rome had nobody as annoying or unwatchable as pic related, so Rome.

Rome > Deadwood but Bullock > the autist

yeah Bullock always being angry for no reason was pretty aggrevating

Underrated

Is there any decent quality torrent for Rome which does not contain the ramblings of a christfag?

I was about to watch this serie until I saw this bitch

Deadwood. Rome is massively overrated, even though I love the bromance and wincest kino.

He wasn't an autist, he was a caveman. Rome was about cavemen who live in houses.

Rome. Fuckin' Milius man

Have you watched Deadwood or are you butthurt that Rome is mentioned here just as much as GoT?

And she is a bitch in there too.

deadwood is kino

rome is DUDE HISTORY LMAO with ebin strong women

I don't want to chose.

Haven't watched Rome before. Does it have a single character that even approaches the level of the Swear Engine?

It has more but without being such a reddit bait character. Titus, Atia, young Augustus and Based Marc Antony are all better than le cursing man.

Deadwood

>reddit bait character
>a show that died in 2006
Your opinion doesn't carry any weight, memester. If that's the only reasoning about the characters you can muster, then the show can't be worth looking into.

I liked the show so much I had to go there.

Not him, Rome is definitely the better of the two shows, anyone who thinks otherwise is a pleb cunt that should have been aborted by his whore mother.

Deadwood

Rome

last pic. this fucker is buried at the top of hill. straight up it.

Rome doesnt havr annoying characters like that drunken retard bitch from deadwood

Rome's performances and set pieces are on level with Starz' Spartacus. Atrocious and embarrassing. And unfortunately it never has an equivalent story arch of Spartacus season 1 to redeem it from that. Its consistently mediocre from start to finish. Deadwood maintains all around quality for the three seasons it had. Its only fault was a disappointing ending as result of being told they weren't renewed after the series had finished.

this

also in rome stuff happens

>Rome's performances and set pieces are on level with Starz' Spartacus.
I lol'ed at this

Wow, you lol'ed at that? Good argument

oh, ok. here's an argument on par with yours. Spartacus is bad. Rome is good.

Not that guy, but he said
>Rome's performances and set pieces are on level with Starz' Spartacus. Atrocious and embarrassing. And unfortunately it never has an equivalent story arch of Spartacus season 1 to redeem it from that. Its consistently mediocre from start to finish. Deadwood maintains all around quality for the three seasons it had. Its only fault was a disappointing ending as result of being told they weren't renewed after the series had finished.
And you just lol'ed at him

>Not that guy
is that guy
lol

that's a lot of words but boils down to, "I think Rome is bad, and Deadwood disappointed me because, reasons."

Rome is so unbelievable shit that it's hard to imagine that Deadwood is worse.

>Rome's performances and set pieces are on level with Starz' Spartacus. Atrocious and embarrassing. And unfortunately it never has an equivalent story arch of Spartacus season 1 to redeem it from that. Its consistently mediocre from start to finish. Deadwood maintains all around quality for the three seasons it had. Its only fault was a disappointing ending as result of being told they weren't renewed after the series had finished.

Read the words motherfucker.

Justified.

i havent seen rome but its automatically better than deadwood

i watched all of deadwood and was just blown away by how bad it was. I honestly had no idea what was going on, I cant remember a single point or good scene other than a few random dramatic guys hanging out at a bar (way over dramatic, so much over acting). The sets looked crap and the camera never zoomed out enough and never showed the outside of the town or the environment or atmosphere of the area they were in. It was just constantly indoor awful sets and over the top acting about invented plot points and conflicts.

>lol dude crime
>back in the day XD
>we wus racist and barbaric and shieett

did people not find vorenus` family to be annoying af?
Why does everyone say rome had no annoying characters?

>Rome's performances and set pieces are on level with Starz' Spartacus. Atrocious and embarrassing
your opinion. they aren't.
>And unfortunately it never has an equivalent story arch of Spartacus season 1 to redeem it from that. Its consistently mediocre from start to finish
your opinion. it's not.
>Deadwood maintains all around quality for the three seasons it had. Its only fault was a disappointing ending as result of being told they weren't renewed after the series had finished
your opinion. it's not disappointing.

It's not my opinion. I did not post

Just saying that lol'ing at this is not an argument and also that poster's argument did not boil down to Spartacus bad Rome good.

I feel good

>deadwood

reddit bait
>everything from HBO is soooooo le good xD

well it also feels good to laugh. saying Rome's performances and sets are atrocious and embarrassing made me lol. then your faggot ass comes along. why thee fuck would you feel good?

Al+JB> Pollo+Young Augustus

Rome, deadwood is good but nothing beats this scene youtube.com/watch?v=xBCqAU4HB5o

If you prefer justified to deadwood you should kill yourself because your taste is objectively shit

Justified is more comfy than both.

rome

memory serves deadwood literally went nowhere on the last season?

how fucking cool would it be to go watch fights like this? I would pay US currency to watch men fight to the death. I would even buy a tee shirt of my favorite fighter like some faggot asshole.

Rome.

Haven't seen Deadwood. Maybe when they make those two tv-movies / mini series finals and finish the story.

>rome is just like spartacus

They couldn't be more different. Did you just watch rome because you're 14 or something and expect game of thrones tier special effects? it was filmed years ago when effects on tv were genuinely horrible and is still better than 95% of shows today. It's story is some of the best written stuff ever put on television.

>story arch
Oh that explains it, he's retarded. He actually thinks spartacus had redeeming features and thinks stories have an "arch"

kek'd

It is one thing to impugn for the praise of lord kek, but it is quite another to so disingenuous slander a show like Rome in the hopes of falsehoods, my friend.

Rome has the most expensive television sets to date.

The story arch is the foundation for the aqueduct that is Rome

Spartacus IS bad. No doubt. But the story line of season 1 with twist and turns, intrigue and deciet, development of every single character and an emotional attachment to them made it great. But their inability to pull off an original and interesting storyline after season 1 and just stretch out a bunch of boring plotlines before they finally kill Spartacus kept you praying every season that they'd just end the show already. Rome was the equivalent of Spartacus 2 and 3. A stretched out version of an old tale and in Romes case focusing on two soldiers who are quite frankly mary sues.

You didn't think Deadwoods finale was subpar and left a lot of stuff unresolved? There's a reason why a Deadwood movie gets brought up in the press every year.

The production is regarded as one of the most expensive in the history of television. Funding was generously employed to recreate an impressively detailed set featuring a number of Roman Villas, the Forum, and a vast slum area of the ancient city of Rome. A significant part of this set was later destroyed by a fire that burned down a portion of the Cinecittà Studios in 2007.[9] According to HBO, the fire started after they had finished filming the second season

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rome_(TV_series)

Hard choice but I'm gonna go with Rome.

Spartacus is green screen garbage and stop digressing, this is about deadwood and Rome.

Stop trying to obfuscate the issue with nonsense.

deadwood's finale wasn't subpar, but it left too many vibrant characters left with more to tell.

as too your first point, Spartacus was so bad I turned it off. It's not even int he same league as Rome and Deadwood.

>he actually thinks spartacus is good and rome is bad

Rome had dynamic, interesting characters at many classes and positions interacting combined with historical events. It was brilliantly written, if you thought the plotlines in rome were 'boring and stretched out' that is probably because you are an uneducated fool. They were actually throughly condensed and perfectly executed until season 2 when the funding was cut.

Your opinion is worthless, you think spartacus is good. Spartacus is just the filters and effects used in 300 overdone x 100 with virtually no story other than a few generic caricature interactions.

ikr. i turned the garbage off. I don't see how anyone can watch it. 300 was cool when it came out, for the 90 mins it was on.

It may have been expensive, but it was lackluster all the same. The scale of their sets are similar to the scale we saw in Spartacus, about 10 actors trying to imitate a population of ancient Rome. We see it in the first shot of Rome on the battlefield. Meant to be a major skirmish between the 13th legion or something and the last of then Gauls. But we get a zoomed in focus on 4 people blowing whistles. This isn't always the case, many times the story remains indoors and focuses on the individual characters( this itself is often bad especially in terms of the two Mary sue protagonists. Thirteen wool!!! So epic bro gladiator scene! Thirteen!!) But when it doesn't you see its flaws

>Spartacus was so bad I turned it off.
Then you missed out on a very good story on the basis of the first episodes. I suggest you give it another try.

There are atleast 50 people and only one is blowing a whistle. It is not comparable to spartacus where a 'battle' is literally 9 people.

>the story remains indoors and focuses on individual characters

Oh you mean unlike spartacus it has a plot?

Your taste is shit, you probably think expendables and fast and furious are great movies.

>his complaint is that there scenes taking place inside

How in the hell are lucius vorenus and titus pullo mary sue characters? are you fucking retarded?

Wait, you like spartacus. Of course you're retarded.

You're being silly.

That's not what I said, you're also being silly. If you can't argue the point beyond citing production costs I don't think you have much to go on.

Pullo cucked Caesar and impregnated Cleopatra.

Rome >>>>>>>>>>>> Spartacus >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Deadboringwood

Both shows had a lot going in their favor.

In terms of costuming and set pieces, I think they're about equal. Everything looked high quality and authentic.

As far as writing goes, Deadwood is far and away the winner of that. Frankly, if you took David Milch's fantastic dialogue from Deadwood, the entire show would've been wildly mediocre.

The acting of the main cast was pretty great on both sides. Vorenus and Pullo against Bullock and Star, and the main secondary characters on both shows were equally excellent. Caesar, Marc Anthony, Octavian, Swearengen, Tolliver, Doc Cochran, etc. Truly some of the best performances that HBO has ever produced.

As far as tertiary characters, I think Deadwood pulls ahead again. Every tertiary character on Deadwood ended up being an excellent character. Steve, Francis Wolcott, Wild Bill, the thieving sibling duo, Hearst, etc. The tertiary characters on Rome... less so. Cleopatra, Memmio, Timon, etc. Rome is a show where you have a handful of excellent characters that really carry it.

Finally, Deadwood had three excellent seasons but ended abruptly and without resolution. Rome's second season was uneven, rushed, and the exchange of actors for Octavian was painfully felt. So, it's a toss up of which is worse, no ending or a bad ending? My inclination is toward no ending.

Overall, I'd probably give it to Deadwood.

>responses are literally you're being silly and one of the characters cucked another one

You're an idiot. I don't think you even know what a mary Sue character is. But we've already established you like spartacus and think scenes being inside is inherently a negative so I don't know why I'm still talking to you.

THIRTEEN
H
I
R
T
E
E
N

Again, not what I said.

Rome without a doubt...

>HE REFUSES TO MEET ME!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=QZeRkvvAKhI

>Swear Engine
fucking kek

Don't forget:HE WAS A CONSULE OF ROME
Such shouting. Much dialogue. Rome had the best memes. Deadwood could never match it.

ROME
youtube.com/watch?v=s5Pr1V6_N3c
youtube.com/watch?v=bJvAHMtN04c
youtube.com/watch?v=F8hNaCnOdcw

Deadwood is good too, though.

Did you see Seth's ghost? Allegedly he's haunting the hotel he built upon his hardware store. You can find him in the hotel bar from time to time.

My answer is Deadwood btw. Rome was a meme show from the most reddit period possible of the Empire. (The time during and just after Julius Caesar).

Deadwood.

Because thats all Elephant knows how to play

>tfw someone in this thread is unironically arguing spartacus is better than rome

Are there really people this dumb in the world?

B-but complicated family dynamics n shiet. This severely lowers the quality of a show.

Deadwood.

Rome, you pleb.

All the women in Rome were portrayed as shallow, manipulative cunts. Literally the only two good women in the entire show were the two that were submissive (Vorenus's and Pullo's wives).

Cleopatra used Pullo, not the other way around. She cucked Caesar, not Pullo. And that is very fitting with the historical figure.

That was literally the most accurate portrayal of ancient warfare I have seen in television. You're bitching because real life wasn't like your shit video games and movies.

Ciaran Hinds is a fucking phenomenal actor. A phenomenal actor who is a goddamn meme factory. That's such a rare and cool combination.

Why are people in this thread saying "Deadwood's finale?" It got cancelled and never had a finale. Still pisses me off.

Rome

Rome

Carnivale is better than both tho

Rome obviously

THIRTEEN

Finally another Carnivale fan, great series

Deadwood is a better show.

Rome's second season was a shit fest. It wasn't bad, but the story structure and pacing wasn't good either, I'm sure most of us know the reasons.

Deadwood made me suffer from coitus interruptus. Rome rushed to climax any way it could.

That being said Rome was more entertaining due to subject matter, setting, the skill of those involved in the first two, and the fucking presence of ever cast member. Jesus Christ, whoever cast that show should always have a job.

ROME and nothing comes close

Pretty sure he's thinking of Spartacus, not Rome.

First season of Rome>Deadwood>Second Season of Rome

deadwood you goddamncocksucka

Deadwood

Deadwood is garbage after S1, just watch Rome.

faggot