>GOAT score
>great acting
>beautiful visuals ar real locations
>effects and practices that set an industry standard for the next decade
>cutting-edge CGI that still looks good
>meticulous attention to lore detail and story
>collective effort of literally hundreds of Tolkien fans
>some of the best minature and set work in years

Anons, tell me what is possibly more comfy than this.

Protip: you can't

Only fellowship is good you nostalgia fucking faggot. Jackson is a stale director. The cgi looked like shit 9 years ago

Does it feel numb to be this pleb?

They are 10/10 for me, but

>cutting-edge CGI that still looks good

Return of the King has a few shots that looked bad even for the time.

I remember when I was thirteen too i loved them. Jackson is shit

what a sad empty ǀife so many human beings must lead if this is the kind of thing they try to find meaning in

No, Jackson is shit now. He was not shit then. Your opinion is trash.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha how does it feel not being able to actually watch a film properly?

Thanks for sharing

This lotrfags are the worst

>tv and film board, meant to talk about film and tv
>surprised that people talk about the movies and shows they love
>films arent supposed to be feats of any artistic merit

Nice pasta response. The lotr films are cliche ridden from top to botton with vanilla camerawork and tone progression

LOTR generals are usually nice, first tier of posts is people shitposting...

Come on.

he hasn't done anything worthwhile since braindead

That wasnt pasta you dumb faggot

>i was born after LotR was released so I dont like it

I actually feel sad for people that didnt get to see these films in theaters.

Ive seen you use that last line before faggot there's no artistic merit

This

I saw them in theaters and can accept that only fellowship is a good film.

You've "seen" me use that? Fucking how do you figure that, exactly?

i was born in 1982 and i saw all of them in the theater.

its been 13 fucking years.

let it go.

>contrarian 14 year olds dont like something that won 11 Oscars

im stunned tbqh

fuck off reddit

Seeing Return of the King in theaters was kino as shit. People were cheering and crying

>y-you you're 14
>B-BUT OSCARS
go back to www.reddit.com you hugbox fag they are overrated across the board

>liking anything
>is reddit

checked

>reddit and hugbox buzzwords
>LOTR is "overrated"

Why are children on this board?

Whew. Look at you, you sophisticated, matured gentleman with great taste in movies and films. I bet you have many friends due to your rarerified class and counter-plebian attitude. Good job. Keep it up. Now go away.

>oscars matter
Fuck off you pleb

Some of you are the reason we don't deserve a /film/ board, Jesus fuck

Can you go three seconds actually holding a conversation or are you neets this autistic? About a basic bitch LOTR thread?

>academy doesnt award any acting oscars in the series (hint because they the voters are worthless)
>best film doesn't win best picture worst ine does
Yea the oscars are a bag of shit that mean nothing.

I'm a different user you dumb contrarian faggot

Lotrfags who think the filmmaking is great are the reason we don't need /film/ most of you have shit taste

>contrarian
Only fellowship is good and you have zero taste

>tfw 4K remasters are still far away

leo won an oscar too, explain that shit

First off, There are two anons you replied to, I'm not the one who was talking about the oscars

Secondly, they waited to nominate Return for the buttload of oscars they wanted to symbolically give the while trilogy. Return AND Fellowship were both nominated for best picture tho

I dont see what your fucking point is, 11 oscars is still damn fucking good. Does it only count for "dur acting" oscars?

please grace us with your superior taste and list some modern films you like.

If you dont understand why the filmmaking in LOTR is praised by other filmmakers both professional and amateur alike, then you really have no fucking concept of film.

Im not saying its good because it won Oscars. Im saying you dont like it because it was so widly praised.

Because you are contrarian child whose only opinions are negative of popular things. Go ahead and prove me wrong.

Nigger most best picture winners are shit. Like birdman crash argo etc. Jlaw has two oscars. Sandra bullock has an oscar.

Oscara mean shit. Mad max fury road won a good amount of oscars kek they mean didly

Because he actually gave a really compelling performance with a very visual-heavy script?

You're too old. You had to see it in the theater as a 12-16yo to really appreciate it

>implying Fury Road didnt deserve an Oscar

Mate, we get it. You just finished your first film class and its really something at your age. We get it. Everything sucks and your parents dont understand you

Why cant the world see V for Vendetta for the kino it truly is?

Nostalgia fag. I saw them at 11-13

i appreciated it just fine, user. i just didn't turn it into a religion.

>everything praised by actual filmakers/actors is shit

Lol that projection I have two degrees and I'm probably older than you. No fury road didn't deserve it over the other films in its categories its hot trash. Go back.

V for vendetta is trash portman cant act

>Go ahead and prove me wrong.
I liked tfa.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha you're defending oscar winners like jlaw and argo

Lotr is overrated deal

>I have too degrees
>I-I'm a grownup too!
>le reddit meme

Jesus fuck you are a lying sack of aborted waste that this entire thread probably hates you contrarian 13 year old spergy faggot

the editing on the return of the king is terrible.
also shame he had to cut a lot, the extended edition does a better job

*two

I do have two degrees you mad?

generals are reddit

Well despite the fact I dont believe you, I dont see how your degrees are relevant to fuckall about a fantasy movie that people enjoy and want to talk about enjoying

>Cred Forums has generals
>tv has generals

Are you retarded?

As relevant as anyone since we are discussing film as a medium

fuck off back to red dit with your gay general

No, we are discussing LOTR specifically. Nigga, what thread do you think this is?

Oh for fucks sake, can you tourists stop using the boring le reddit meme for three fucking seconds? We get it, you want to fit in. Nobody else gives a shit about your favorite site

Literally both lotr films and their film merit

>usually comfy LOTR threads are comfy
>no actual discussion of the film
>basic newfag shitposting derailing the thread

We dont deserve a film board of any kind...

Then fucking talk about it or leave. You dont have to be here you aggressive fucking contrarian.

If all the characters divided up into gay couples, who would hook up with who? frodo and sam, merry and pippin, legolas and gimli ofc. Maybe aragorn and boromir could have a 3 way with gandalf?

How new are you that you dont understand that this site has generals?

When I started coming to Cred Forums there were no generals. fuck off.

Thats bullshit and you know it. Just stop trying so hard faggot nobody is entertained

>muh comfy
Fuck off they are dull

Thank you for the constructive criticism.
>they are dull
How are Michael Bay films lately?

This is actually taking very little effort. you can still fuck off.

This isn't taking much effort at all. you can still fuck off.

Devoid of any artistic spice besides slow motion. The directing is bad. It has nothing to do with being ahdh Bay sucks too

What are you literally talking about? Effort to do...what? Nobody cares.

fuck off

No? Its my thread faggot

The last movie series with an heroic cast of exclusively white men.

;_;

fuck off reddit

>everything sucks meme

We need age restrictions on this site

>LE REDDIT MEME

How many times is this one samefag gonna promote his gay faggot fav site?

How about you stop giving (You)s to shitposters you fucking retards?

How about ppl actually contribute something meaningful?

fuck off

Only fags like the tlotr movies :)

tfw cant even have awesome lotr threads anymore on Cred Forums cause contrarian millennial trash devoid of imagination can't stand people enjoying something they dont

don't make gay generals faggot

What the fuck happened?
Lotr threads are usually the nicest threads.

There have been LOTR generals for fucking years you tourist

idk honestly, I made this thread looking for some comfy lotr discussion... Theycare my favorite types of threads usually.

fuck off cunt

No

/gotg/ killed the board.

Shitposters happened. or Cred Forumsermin infiltrating here, I don't know, Cred Forums used to be a more positive board.

>Devoid of any artistic spice besides slow motion
>blending cutting edge cgi with practical effects and hundreds of extras ON location is not artistic spice
do you also think Iñárritu's flicks are the epitome of art?

Stop making LOTR generals you retards. LOTR threads are good because they don't happen all the time.

Some green-screen scenes look a bit old, but other than that, it has held up well. Jackson hit the perfect blend of locations, sets, miniatures and cgi to make it timeless. It's a pity more directors don't follow this example and cheap out on crappy cgi.

Definitely comfiest film, watch it every year at Christmas, both the films and the appendices.

There hasnt been a LOTR thread in maybe over 2 weeks...not a decent general anyway

fuck generals

Watching the extended editions now all snug up. It is indeed comfy

Oh, please tell me the logic with that.

No you fucking faggot innaritu is terrible

Fine, just stop trying to make generals happen.
LOTR threads used to be a guy posting a scene or a quote from the movie, and then discussion would naturally follow. Trying to force generals dilutes interest and damages the discussion.

Hmmm I wonder why.

stop fucking spamming them

>only one user makes threads on Cred Forums

How actually stupid are you?

>"force" generals
>by making LOTR generals

You are seriously a dumb faggot, you know that?

What's the best version of the trilogy to buy? I'm looking at the Blu-Ray Extended Edition and considering it, but apparently the colour correction isn't great. Should I just go for the DVDs?

By making LOTR generals all the time, you're trying to force them on the board. Just fuck off you newfag.

The blurays are the only way to go. Idk what autist lied to you about bad color correction. The 85 dollar bluray 20 disk extended boxset is kino and looks great

There is so much retarded about your post...idk where I'd begin. You really have to go back, nobody is buying that you are anything but a tourist, kiddo

>only one user makes LOTR generals
>unironically believing this

Jesus fucking christ