Now that the dust has (actually) settled

Now that the dust has (actually) settled...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LtbaDPreO8I
youtube.com/watch?v=dHtxHifveoQ
youtu.be/2aZp2eQWDkE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The dust isn't going to be settled until after IX comes out.

Fuck off cunt everyone knows it's garbage.

>garbage
Oh look it's another user using hyperbole in lieu of an actual opinion

Why? I'm watching it now, what should I think?

It's been discussed to death.

The dust is never going to settle.

If it even comes close to settling, they're going to reboot/retcon the prequels.

Kek this poster looks like it was designed with the original plot of Episode 7 in mind

>Rey meets Luke and together they go exploring for ancient artifacts
Yep this was going to almost be the plot

It's one of the only movies I have never finished.

I can't bring myself to watch the whole thing it's so awful.

>mfw they reboot the prequels
>Anakin is no longer a child murderer but an innocent Jedi who was tricked by Sheev to go to the darkside and Sheev has brainwashed him
>It is Sheev who murders Padme
You know kiddy Disney will do this

No it hasn't, it's just unsubstantial statements, every thread since then has been

That would have been worth watching, not the shit we got. They wrote Luke out because if he was in the movie no one would give a fuck about the new characters.

You're either baiting or new because I've seen at least 5 threads in the last week going though all the retarded shit in this movie that didn't work or make sense.

So you have nothing to support your statement but lies
Good to know

look in the archive and you'll see the truth.

kill yourself reddit

I don't think I like Star Wars anymore :( Saw TFA (after a non-stop theater episode marathon, mind you) and don't think it's for me anymore. It's just..eh..meant for kids and shit now. RoTS is my favorite SW movie so I'm not exactly a vet of the old films but these new movies are ..blah. plastic.

BEST VILLIAN

I'm similar to you user. I've been really in to star wars most of my life but tfa killed that. I've got no interest in rogue one and am disgusted they're making a han solo movie.

Fuck off tryhard newfag, either learn to hold your retarded opinions or fucking lurk but stop shitting up the board calling everyone that disagrees with you reddit.

Maybe he's not from reddit but he must be new if he's claiming the many flaws of this movie haven't been discussed ad nauseum

Imagine if Maz was Lucas' creation? I guarantee that all would crucify Lucas for it whereas JJ does it and all the normies love it.

But then: Lucas would never write such a poor character such as Maz who goes nowhere.

Hate Lucas all you want but every single character that he created has a lot of backstory (even Jar Jar we saw the Gungan palace, learnt about him being banished, saw some those underwater beasts that swim around the Gungan palace).

Maz however was so pathetic as a character who served no purpose but to have Luke's lightsaber and when Rey asks why she has it, the answer is: "An answer for another time".

FOR FUCK SAKE JJ...

Let's leave the diehard fans waiting an extra 2 YEARS to find out the reason instead of just giving us the information in this one or at least a sneak peak of more content rather than such a watered down action packed movie with no backstory that TFA was.

Having sort of skimmed through the early parts of the movie and having been bored to death, I have come to one logical conclusion: Daisy Ridley's character was meant to be a little girl.

Her stupid, simplistic dialog, her straightforward character, her being amazing with the force, all of these things point to her originally having been intended to be a kid.

Her character makes no sense as an adult.

Her character makes no sense as an adult nor a child either way. She is just a Disney Mary Sue

The design of her character was pathetic.

That "answer for another time" bit stuck out like dogs balls, so obvious they just hadn't thought of anything yet.

It would have made more sense for her to be a child at the least.

Daisy Ridley was fucking awful. The stupid bitch coudn't even pull the correct expressions to convey her character

My opinion hasn't changed since I saw it: safe, bland, and doesn't make any major missteps. It's the equivalent of a candy bar, tasty enough but low in substance.

The only thing that annoyed me was Death Star 3 which was meant to be bigger and scarier than the previous two but is defeated with minimal effort. Plus it's a lazy device to include.

I don't see how it would make her character make any more sense, the skills and abilities she had were already ridiculous

She smiles and half laughs during the scene when she meets Finn for the first time.

I am not fucking joking... rewatch the scene when she helps Finn up after she tries to hurt him with her stick and she starts smiling.

I seriously thought this was a "blooper take"

Didn't even feel like a Star Wars movie

I always wonder now how many janitors Vader took with him when going after the death star plans.

It would have mirrored anakin. The force being with her explains the piloting skills, her surviving on a junkyard planet since birth explains her technical abilities.

Her being a child would explain her naivete and insistence on waiting for her parents to return to jakku and her childlike obsession with han solo.

>The only thing that annoyed me was Death Star 3 which was meant to be bigger and scarier than the previous two but is defeated with minimal effort. Plus it's a lazy device to include.
I really liked Starkiller Base. It was a good concept.

But fucking JJ had to have it destroyed so easily.

It would have been so much better if it turned out that the rebels were not able to destroy it and in the next movie, Finn, Rey have to return to the Base and try and explore the environment for clues of its weakness.

After all: it is meant to be a BIG FREAKIN PLANET and seeing them explore a Base built on a planet would have been cool but nope... JJ has us see tiny glimpses of the planet's surface before he gets the rebels to destroy it in Episode 4 style.

FOR FUCK SAKE and all critics eat this up as a masterpiece

I've seen it user. She deserved a razzie for that performance.

The first order shouldn't have even had the resources for something like star killer base.

How come JJ didn't say "Okay let's do that again but this time I want you to feel a little more cold of Finn. He is not any friend of yours so you should not be showing any smiling expressions".

What the fuck was JJ doing while this scene was being filmed?

Aren't you going to defend your movie faggot?

That would have been a fun subversion, yeah.

As it was, I hated it because I KNEW they were going to do a trench run and blow it up, there is literally zero drama when you've seen the heroes win the same way twice already. You could honestly remove the space laser from the film and the story would be totally unaffected, aside from being a setting Starkiller is totally divorced from the plot of the film, they don't even need to find any plans like Episode IV, they just fly in.

Exactly. They were entirely obliterated in Episode 6 and then suddenly 30 years later they have built a Base within a planet and millions of Empire suddenly exist with facilities where they take young children and train them to work for the Sith (like what happened to Finn) ALL of this only happening in 30 years or possibly 20 years (considering when they began doing this)

>have FTL and directed energy weapons
>construction still needs to be stuck in the 18th century though

are you fucking stupid

Add to that: nothing new happens or is shown. Alliance still uses X-wings, Empire still uses TIE Fighters (even though they had Interceptors in RotJ), E-11 is still an E-11, Hux uses a Star Destroyer as a base, Stormtroopers are still white and expendable. The newest boldest design is a fucking guided missile. The only difference is the sound and a slightly different color

Not even the scenes are new, half the time you can see which point in New Hope has Abrams stolen from.

>they don't even need to find any plans like Episode IV
That's because they already had plans for Luke's location which was inside a droid eh?

bad joke

the "shitposting about movies we haven't watched" general is in another thread, yo.

Hello Disney shill

I don't know what he was doing, he put no thought in to any of the new characters. I hated how out of place Finns "droid please" scene was as well as his constant hooting and hollering whenever he killed someone and that god awful kevin hart style bopping around in that phasma scene. I don't know how any of that shit made it in to the movie.

Are you a fucking moron? I am stating how it is not possible for the Empire to have all the resources to build Starkiller base, how they were able to have a massive army in only 30 years when all the Empire were destroyed and killed in Episode 6 and you are calling me a shitposter?

Fuck off man

Because the movie is literally about remnants of the empire being hunted down by a small, barely funded, unofficial dark military force that is supplied only with previous generation hardware.

With that remnant of the empire not being taken seriously at all because it only had one star destroyer.

Exactly! They'd already re-used that plot device. So instead of coming up with something new, the characters just know how to blow it up for some reason.

What I wanted to see was that they crippled its main laser and then after the battle a First Order officer goes.

>We've suffered major damage to the primary weapon. At max efficiently we could hope to have it stabilized and functioning in 6-10 years

At which point maybe the higher commanders decide to just scrap the idea and just have Star Killer base as just a base without a super weapon.

>a weapon that can destroy a planet fits in an object less than a tenth of the size of our moon

>carving up a planet should be impossible though

... so, are you fucking stupid?

>suppose to be a remnant
>can build a super weapon 10x bigger than the death star

What the fuck does that have to do with anything? The death star took 20 years to build with the full resources of the republic/empire.

and 99% of the work on starkiller was boring out the core of a small planetoid.

they have directed energy weapons.

Reminder that finding the missing starmap to Luke's location was taken from the Knights of the Old Republic game where you had to hunt for missing starmaps to find the location of a Sith Lord.

I hope they'll make a death star 10x bigger than starkiller base in ep ix and destroy it the same way. If they're aiming for bad, they should go for the worst

>The death star took 20 years to build

Thankfully the prequels aren't canon anymore.

:^)

Did you even read how I stated that the Empire were destroyed in Episode 6 and suddenly there are millions of Empire in 30 years?

And yes. We needed more backstory to explain what happened in those 30 years.

Don't be a fucking idiot by calling me a "prequel baby" when I want stuff explained to better understand the story and world of TFA

as much as you may not wish them to be they are reddit

If the force tree rumor is true: then Rey is the savior of the entire galaxy who will bring balance to the force and defeat all evil.

I can't wait to watch this crap

It's another part of the story that make no sense. Why would the republic allow them to build another super weapon?

shh the republic had no idea it was being built

So she's literally Anakin combined with Luke but is also too awesome to need training? Damn.

I read it and ignored it because outside of your mind, there is nothing that indicates that.

If the republic officially stepped in, they'd have to treat the first order like an actual political entity.

Thus the "resistance."

>Rey is the savior of the entire galaxy who will bring balance to the force and defeat all evil.
We don't need a force tree to understand that. You watch tfa and it's clear she's the bestest badassest saviourest of the galaxy. I fucking hate her

It was retarded how the republic didn't give a fuck about what leia said. It's just total garbage so jj could make the resistance under dogs.

>"I MODDED A SPACESHIP THAT I HAVE NEVER BEEN ON IN MY LIFE"

"hey the bad guys are massing! Lets get them before they fuck up half the galaxy again!"

"no,no,no if we do that we have to deal with them"

"fuck it then, let leia and her little band deal with it"

that would be better than what we got
vader being a villain and doing bad things is something we understand, but just straight up hunting down and murdering a bunch of children, of his own order, who knew and looked up to him is just fucking nuts. Why on earth did Lucas think that was an okay addition to the star wars universe?

That's a metaphor though, an hyperbole is when you exaggerate.

probably because he's not a nu male fag like you.

>liking prequels

You have autism.

>but just straight up hunting down and murdering a bunch of children, of his own order, who knew and looked up to him is just fucking nuts. Why on earth did Lucas think that was an okay addition to the star wars universe?
Because it represents Anakin becoming fully dark and a literal "monster" which is what Vader is who orders the extermination of planets and civilizations.

I don't think Star Wars is for you.

Missed potential and needless nostalgia pandering: the movie.
JJ Abrams is a terrible director and an even worse writer, Lawrence Kasdan is overrated.

>backstory

>Hate Lucas all you want but every single character that he created has a lot of backstory (even Jar Jar we saw the Gungan palace, learnt about him being banished, saw some those underwater beasts that swim around the Gungan palace).

>backstory

kys

>Because it represents
Nigga all it represented was anakin becoming impossibly stupid for no good reason.

I like all the 6 real star wars and they all have stuff I wouldn't have done but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy them. I think you've got the autism bud.

>Disliking prequels

How to spot pleb redditerz. At first I liked them since I was a little kid, then I hated them but now that I'm mature Cred Forums showed me that they are kino.
Prequels > OT >>>> dog's shit >>>>> TFA

>killing off future threats
>impossibly stupid

This guy gets it. Anakin knew the young Jedi children will grow up to be powerful Jedi so he had to exterminate them

>mfw you got surprise Nazi 88 dubs

Still not a squeak out of you fag boy. Isn't this what you wanted?

The fan posters looked more promising

If Lucas directed this, he would not have made Han return as a smuggler but actually thought of something way more interesting for him and Leia would be a powerful Jedi and would have mastered her training

why are you deleting your posts?

Sorry that tfa's characters didn't have cool names like darth badguy and general displeasure.

You must have been confused about who to root for.

There are 4 real SW movies.

Enjoy your autism.

what did the user say in the posts?

Bait harder.

>he was turned effortlessly
>can't turn more kids who literally view him as a god for more support

But I guess you'll try to force rule of 2, and then I'll smugly muse about how good it is the prequels aren't canon anymore.

>the prequels aren't canon anymore
(You)
Enjoy your yearly Star Wars capeshit movies, cuck.

It's one of the only movies I have never finished.

I can't bring myself to watch the whole thing it's so awful.

Having sort of skimmed through the early parts of the movie and having been bored to death, I have come to one logical conclusion: Daisy Ridley's character was meant to be a little girl.

Her stupid, simplistic dialog, her straightforward character, her being amazing with the force, all of these things point to her originally having been intended to be a kid.

Her character makes no sense as an adult.

It would have made more sense for her to be a child at the least.

It would have mirrored anakin. The force being with her explains the piloting skills, her surviving on a junkyard planet since birth explains her technical abilities.

Her being a child would explain her naivete and insistence on waiting for her parents to return to jakku and her childlike obsession with han solo.

>There are 4 real SW movies
>The Force Awakens is a "real" SW movie

I will a fuck of a lot more than I did the prequels. As in less than a year it seems they're putting more work in polish into the movies than lucas has ever put into anything in his entire life.

Considering star wars was only good when george lucas had as little creative control as possible, yes, I would say TFA is closer to a real star wars movie than the prequels.

>implying that it isn't the tiny handful of prequel autismos that's getting cuck'd.

You're making baseless accusations user. Poe, Maz, Snoke, hux are just as stupid as any names in any star wars but they have no baring on my enjoyment.

Where are you faggot? Are you not entertained?

>Poe, Maz, Snoke, hux are just as stupid
>darth badguy, general displeasure, mace window, jettster Dexter, jango untrained

Time to kys for being an autistic millennial subhuman

It's too derivative.

Rey is too OP.

Those are the main two complaints.

Finn was a black caricature in space.

The movie should've been about Finn in all honestly.

He was the better character.

are there white child soldiers somewhere for finn to be a caricature of?

I don't understand why you're harping on the names which have no baring on anything. Is it because you were btfo with your real point?

I think boyega was more than capable of giving a good performance but it looks like they just asked for a kevin hart impression.

The character was shit. Instantly joins up with poe who killed his friend and then takes perverse joy in killing the guys he was raised with.

> but it looks like they just asked for a kevin hart impression.

Why would they ask for a LITERALLY WHO impression?

As that man's imdb looks like the out and out definition of a literally fucking who.

asked him to play a generic 80's style comedic black side kick?

Yep, child soldiers tend to be fucked up individuals who, given the slightest opportunity, bail as quickly and as violently as they can, for they were only going along in the first place because it beat corporal punishment and/or death.

Hence the reason phasma gave in so easily.

But Force Awakens was never going to be that kind of movie.

It wasn't going to be Jedi Outcast or Knights of the Old Republic, which is honestly what Episode I should have been.

perhaps I've simply blocked all such characters from my mind because they were so unmemorable.

Perhaps the same might have happened with this one as well had finn/boyega not been spammed so much.

So when you going to realize the reason finn thinks they can use the force to destroy starkiller base is because the first order used the force to build it?

I saw it as another flaw in the movie since they went out of their way to say Finn had never shown any problems before.
I don't know about phaasma being raised by the first order but her shutting down star killer base reminded me of the Simpsons hell fish episode. "whatever you do don't give him the key grandpa" "here's the key"

not another teen movie should set you straight

They easily could have written something with a young non force user guy but they thought they were being clever making him storm trooper. If they had to do that they should have made him something more like grey worm and he'd rediscover his humanity throughout the new trilogy but instead we got "got a cute boyfriend huh huh!"

>watching a movie
>h-hey guys, i'm insecure about my opinions. t-t-t-tell me what i should think like the sheep i am
You fucking mongoloid. Learn how to think for yourself, you pathetic drone.

The story was fanfiction level garbage. I'm still taking my morning shit but I'll post the pic related in like 15 minutes.

Also yes Rey was a Mary Sue, the villain sucked, the final fight made no sense (let me just walk away to punch my side a few times instead of finishing you off, oh don't forget the GROUND SEPERATING THEM AT THE END) oh and of course Chewie magically knew where they were

Oh, you watched that garbage during your formative years.

I'm so sorry.

At this point the only way you'd have an argument is if you were trying to say forced conscription of children is a perfectly stable form of military development.

Some shit just doesn't need to be said. The problems with child armies is well documented.

I thought it would be the easiest way for you to understand what i'm talking about since they make a point of mocking that type of character.

despite driver's character being a far more convincing version of the old archetype, the nu empire was completely monotone and thematically uninteresting. massive wasted opportunity which to my mind should have drawn parallels with 1920s brown shirts rather than a premade all powerful nazi war machine, which seem to exist only to reset the status quo to episode iv.

JJ's camerawork goes a long way to cheapen the action. nothing breathes. nothing just exists without the audience being reminded we're looking at it through a lens. the final shot of the film being the crowning example of this.

i never thought i'd find myself saying this because the prequels are such awful films, but the cheap and dirty attempt at world building and complete lack of substance to the new grand elements at play (the three second cameo of the new republic's home planet, the nu empire coming out of nowhere, the force being something that you can turn on just by realising you have it) made me appreciate some of the things lucas was at least trying to do with the prequels.

and it's also a bit of a piss take that han getting temporarily frozen in carbonite is a far more emotionally significant scene for both the characters and audience than his actual death. it'll still be an iconic scene long after episode vii has been mostly forgotten.

after all those shots of wrecked star destroyers and AT ATs, i wanted to explore the star wars universe plunged into a identity crisis after the fall of the empire. i'd hoped they take inspiration from the fall of rome, with the brutally oppressive empire also representing a high point in technology and infrastructure, the crumbling scenery presented to us in the trailers representing the erosion caused by disorder.

all in all TFA was a bit shit. a tacky corporate exercise in IP resurrection.

He's not wrong.

At this point it seems the closest I've ever come to seeing the character type you're talking about is rush hour. And only because in one of the sequels everyone got replaced and one of them was played by your LITERALLY FUCKING WHO, I think.

Are spoiler out? (after that copy-paste shitfest Force awakens i don't expect a good story)

That works just as well.

that poster says 7

you are right, my bad.

are spoilers for 8 out?

I just couldn't get over the First Order

>remnents of the Empire
>have the resources to build a Dyson Sphere and use the star to power a superweapon capable of destroying AN ENTIRE SYSTEM AT ONCE

in what universe does that even make sense? They basically had a better version of the Star Forge at their disposal

youtube.com/watch?v=LtbaDPreO8I

this review sums it up perfectly

what are you talking about there's dust all over that picture

Yes it is garbage. The only way you can enjoy it is to turn your brain off and enjoy the Star Wars themes.

Any sort of retrospection will inevitably lead to disliking it more.

Not really, considering tucker's characters are always subversions of established tropes via extreme exaggeration of said tropes.

And, like I said, I didn't even see the non-tucker version.

So it seems you've watched shitty movies, were reminded of those shitty movies (because black people were in them) and transferred how you felt about those movies to TFA.

It happens. I hated the absolute fuck out of perfume the first time I saw it because, just before I saw it, I had to be party to people watching The Christmas List.

It was one of the worst written movies in a long time. It makes Trek '09 look like it makes sense.

Does anyone think there's a reason for the 30 year gap, other than so Di$ney can make their own prequels?

Only ones that would break your heart.

>"I know there's still good in you, father."
>"You do know I murdered children in cold blood in order to 'save' your mother who I also choked to death, right?"

Prequel apologists are worse than Snyderfags. At least if Lucas hired a hooker he'd have to pay her to tongue-wash his balls. Fanboys lick his taint and ask for seconds.

>Does anyone think there's a reason for the 30 year gap, other than so Di$ney can make their own prequels?

I'm sure it had nothing to do with the returning cast being geriatrics.

ESB>KOTOR2>ANH>KOTOR1>ROTJ>ROTS>TPM>AOTC

There is no non tucker version.

I don't have a problem with black people. I do have a problem with a storm trooper acting like a comedian. not everything is about being racist. grow up.

I have no fucking clue what you were trying to say in that last sentence.

If Lucas directed this, it would have made no fucking sense and been boring as fuck, just like the prequels.
TFA was bad, but not worse than TPM, AotC or RotS. That's pure contrarian shit-stirring.

read the thread

why? can you post it?

Can somebody post the scene? I only saw the movie once.

>Does anyone think there's a reason for the 30 year gap
So that it makes sense for Luke to look 30 years older. (Leia and Han didn't really need to be in the movie.)

I don't have it on hand. Basically Rey is the real chosen one not Anakin, sh's the reincarnation of some girl who touched a force tree and became a force goddess and there was a boy who represents the dark side.

There was too much blatant Nazi imagery.

I did appreciate that they tried to justify Rey's knowledge of ship technology and climbing by basically having her climb over wrecked ships and salvage parts for most of her life as her backstory, so it somewhat sets up her being able to repair the Falcon and freeclimbing in Star Killer Base.

that sounds too bad to be true.

youtube.com/watch?v=dHtxHifveoQ

We can only hope.

This is Star Wars dear user, NOTHING is too bad to be true

Its transference.

Yea, I know, I'm in a star wars thread on Cred Forums talking about how the mind works to a teenager.

ty

if this spoiler is true then the new Star Wars series will be as bad as the prequel

No you're fucking retarded. I clearly explained to you that I didn't think a storm trooper would act like that. If you read the thread you'd see i'd already explained in in more detail.
I was a teenager when the matrix came out and I still like Morpheus and Blade is my favourite comic character but keep explaining to me how racist I am.

I've been wanting to see Luke as a jedi master for 20 years but I don't even know if ii'm going to see this in the cinema any more.

Its pretty clear you've got about zero reading comprehension at this point.

fuck Disney. The EU is the true continuation of Star Wars

Also finn was a storm trooper only in name. They establish, cleanly, child conscription is something only the first order did.

I liked rush hour I liked chris tucker but that has nothing to do with finn, a storm trooper would never act like that. Explain again where the transference comes in to it?
What did he mean by this? You understand that he was taken as a baby/toddler, never knew his parents and was fed indoctrination his whole life. His sole loyalty would be to the first order.

Yeah I know. It will always feel like real star wars and not nu star wars made by committee. fuck Disney.

Medocre at best.

basically just rips off a better star wars movie with little to no innovation or new ideas

but boy is it ever progressive

>TURN OFF YOUR BRAINS GUYS ITS SPACE ACTION LOLOLOL

Its like someone made a bot to post genericl virgin Cred Forums posts

>really likes death star 3, thinks it was a good concept
>wants death star in more movies
>a planet getting blown up in a sci-fi action flick doesn't make sense

Was there something wrong with what he said?

it's like someone refuses to accept that star was 7 wasn't a good movie

Yes, that is how child conscription works in theory.

In practice it doesn't work at all.

But you're clearly autistic so I guess this can't go anywhere.

You're right. I have fucked a woman and it gives me a whole new level of appreciation of TFA.

You've got no arguments.

Yes, ragging on a movie that didn't do anything "new" while glorifying doing the exact same shit for 6 movies is pretty hilarious.

It was a classic star wars movie, brought to the 21st century - its like you idiots think the first 6 movies were fucking oscar worthy

what were the 21st century aspects of it?

Child soldiers work
But child janitor soldiers probably don't

It is louder and faster and everyone is more competent.

no but i expect AT LEAST a story that isn't completely copy pasted

>that didn't do anything "new" while glorifying doing the exact same shit for 6 movies

nigga wut

when the original trilogy came out it was new and innovative. even the prequels tried some new things

7 just, as you put it, took all the old stuff and put it in the 21st century. Essentially doing nothing more than making a bland movie look cool

>when the original trilogy came out it was new and innovative
Mainly because of SFX

You cannot be serious.
I wonder how man janitors Vader had with him when he went after the death star plans? Finn is one of the most incompetent characters the films have ever had. He's there most of the time to make Rey look better.

so lets get it straight then

You think this movie is good because it's loud, fast and has good FX?

So this in film form?

Also, the way that Han and Leia spoke about Kylo Ren was as if he just ran away from home to join a rock band.

>RoTS is my favorite SW
>meant for kids

oh boy, the paradox man

rots had more adult content than tfa

Grievous aged pretty well tbqh.

considering nobody fucking talks about it anymore I think that's a good reason to know it was average and forgettable

imagine maz in 10 years.

Am I the only one who didn't really understand what the First Order's political standing in Episode VII was? They appear to be pillaging and occupying vast swathes of territory (to the extant that there is a 'rebellion' - implying the First Order is the establishment), but the actual interplanetary government doesn't seem to acknowledge their existence until they get BTFO by the giant laser.

Was the First Order powerful but secretive, or was there an all-out war going on?

Orange cgi blob.

(you), enjoy it

Well they came from the ashes of the empire and blew up the establishment that the rebellion set up. So I guess they were doing shadow army shit

You've already put more thought into the script than those who wrote it, so I wouldn't worry about it

but it is, its actually a very well crafted pleb filter

mixing "adult content" with "edgy content for kids"
man...

Leia was warning them but no one gave a fuck?

explain

No. The SFX was innovative but the universe was too. The fact alone that Earth was non-existant was revolutianary. This alone ment the universe was alien and new. The sheer number of alien races, the WW2 transplanted technology, the lightsabers, it was all new, no movie before has done that.

this. i really don't understand how people are fooled by dumb little "darK" stuff when the tone is clearly cartoonish. episode III has some of the kiddiest moments of the whole franchise

Oth Rey is a god and Poe has beyond godlike piloting skills.

>On release
>Majority of posts sucking films dick
>Call it rightfully shit
>Get jumped on
>Now everyone thinks its shit
Was it shills, rdditors, summer, or just new film shine?

All of these. There is no objective opinion on Cred Forums until the RIP is out and the majority has seen it. Up until then, it's all shills and normies who go to premiers and have the cinematic taste of a regular McDonalds customer. Naturally, these move on to the next capeshit/big franchise so once the RIP hits, you've got the genuine opinion and since we live in time of retarded dialogue/ ADD action scenes/ breakneckspeed plot, it's almost guaranteed to be negative.

I think the best way to summarise how the they get off the desert planet.

Luke gets off nearly 1 hour in and the only action scene he has is a run-in with some sand people before Obi-Wan saves him.

Rey gets off about 35 minutes in and has a fight scene with some thugs (which she off course beats up without even a lick of tension or struggle), then the foot-chase action scene, then the ship-chase action scene.

>I wonder how man janitors Vader had with him when he went after the death star plans?
Are you forgetting Leia's ship was custodian of the galaxy?

good post

Action scenes in VII:
>First order attack village and Poe fights back
>Poe and Finn escape in tie-fighter
>Rey beats up thugs
>Rey and Finn run from tie-fighters
>Rey and Finn fly from tie-fighters
>Rey, Finn, Han and Chewie fight gangs and spaghetti monster
>First Order attack orange Yoda's cantenna (she'll rebuild it...another time), leads to...
>Rey shooting stormtroopers and running from Kylo-Ren
>Han, Chewie and Finn fighting stormtroopers
>Resistence dogfighting tie-fighters
>Resistence fighting tie-fighters to blow up Deathstarkiller
>Chewie, Rey and Finn run from stormtroopers
>Finn fights Kylo Ren
>Rey fights Kylo Ren

>Let's leave the diehard fans waiting an extra 2 YEARS to find out the reason instead of just giving us the information in this one or at least a sneak peak of more content rather than such a watered down action packed movie with no backstory that TFA was.

I liked TFA well enough, but it definitely needs to give a lot more background to its characters and the political forces in the new trilogy to really be a good addition to the Star Wars verse. I'm waiting for Episode 8 before I make my judgement about the Sequel Trilogy's story.

Also, Finn's got more potential as a character than Rey does. I've seen an iteration of Rey's story twice already, it'll only be a twist of Luke's and Anakin's. Finn's story is unique.

I hated her.

Worst movie in the Star Wars universe. Only thing remotely interesting is Rogue Squadron.

haha you've got me there user

Which is stupid and does not gel with the other episodes.

That's the backstory yes, but none of that is present in the film so I was pretty confused as to why the New Republic didn't wipe out the First Order.

Actually watched it again on demand, first time seeing it at home.

Basically I figured out what my problem with it is - although it's superficially entertaining and not as clumsy as the prequels were in terms of performances and humor, it was just as vapid and empty. But JJ Abrams shot the movie like a Spielberg film, not a Lucas film, so the movie seemed a lot more engaging.

I don't understand why the republic wouldn't engage the first order, it doesn't feel right.

Worst one except for EP 2.

Rey is a shit, boring character that everything goes perfect for character . Also, she doesn't need to show both sets of teeth 95% of the time, her constant grimace bugged me.

Finn was great, Emo bad guy was enjoyable but jobbing so early kills him as a character.

Plot was a needless retread of ANH (why another death star, they could quite as easily had made it where the fleet was being constructed).

Carrie Fischer was laughably bad.

All in all 6.5/10 was still a fun film despite the flaws.

it was shit when it came out and still is. everyone on this board would have almost entirely forgotten about it albeit these paid disney shill threads.

i will now hide this thread.

see /film/, its that easy to hide these capeshit threads.

>Rogue One is not a Wedge Antilles movie
>We will never get a Wedge Antilles movie
it hurts

>Rey

It feels like Rey was added into the script at the last minute

I think Rey was actually once several characters.

Millennium Falcon chase scene was originally piloted by Poe, etc.

Worst line in the film represent:

youtu.be/2aZp2eQWDkE

Cringed at this.

But he wasn't the best pilot.

It was pretty fun. Kylo could've been handled better and there were a little too many whacky CGI cartoon characters for my taste, but it was way better than the prequels and I don't even hate any of those.

>Hello star wars fans, let's just try to throw a bunch of references and nostalgia to make you happy.
>We know you hate that prequel cgi so well just throw a bunch of mediocre puppets at you so you you won't notice our glaringly obvious cgi everything. Especially in all the hangar and ship scenes.
> But don't worry your favorite characters will return, only that all of their relationships and achievements will be destroyed. We made sure that our new threat is bigger and better than ever!
>And for you ladies we !ade sure our new character is the biggest and the baddest! Every scene characters will remind her how important she is despite doing very little and having little context to her abilities. Heck well even give her the millennium falcon so she can go find Luke by herself!

Prequels were shit, VII was worse. If you honestly believe it's some return to form you're a fucking moron.

no FA is a corporate product that panders to stupid fanboys

So they're pillaging The Clone Wars cartoon for content? Kinda like how they're cherry picking elements/characters form the dead EU for the current canon EU

agree.

Prequels: George tried to tell an epic story about intrigue, corrpution etc but failed because of poor writing

FA: just copy-paste everything from the first 3 Star Wars movies

both are bad but in a different way

How can the dust have settled when every argument in favor of this abortion of a plagiarism is "wait until episode 8 comes out to put things in context!" ? And with the tweets saying Episode 8 is shaping up to be an Empire clone, there really will be no redeeming Force Awakens.

>surrounded by dead civilians and the headless corpse of my friend
>make an awkward quip

great start to this shitty movie

This Tbh. Ive always been a diehard Star Wars fand, and frankly that probably wont change, but ever since Disney's acquisition of the series, it bgan to crumble.
I was angry that they canceled any content that was in development, especially The Clone Wars. Then they retconned the EU.
But they still got me hyped as fuck for TFA. And honestly its not technically the worst movie but i like it the least. Id pick episode II any day over that unimaginative piece of shit that JJ hobbled together.
I never hated George Lucas for anything he did with Star Wars except for selling it. Now this ship is sinking and I cant get excited for anything. I suppose I can reject anything that disney has done but whats the point. They're tainting the whole brand.

tell that to Kanjiklub

I sat there in the theater wondering if it was the actors just throwing around banter jokingly after a couple takes, assuming it would be on a blooper reel or the cutting room floor, and JJ was like, "THAT'S PERFECT"

This isn't the final fantasy VII is it?

>spend half a year pissed about Finn being casted
>Finn turns out to be the only good part of the movie

it was shit. Literally New Hope without the interesting world building. I can't imagine anyone who watching this alongside the originals/prequels decades from now thinking it's good.

This is literally Joss Whedon tier shitty writing

BRAVO JJ

R
E
Kino-d
K
I
N
O

We are all ignoring the real question: Was it kino?