What's wrong with that answer?

My favorite films are the first two american pie movies

I dont care if Im a pleb I'll straight up tell people

Treasure Planet

>what's your favorite painting?
>uhh... the mona lisa

i like william m. turner

What's wrong with that answer?
Got any argument or just contrarianism and desperation to feel different?

Part II is vastly superior.

If someone asks me my favorite shows I name sopranos and the wire, honorary mention to band of brothers. I know those are all in the top 5 of imdb but that doesn't bother me because I'm not autistic. I'm not naming something like fucking deadwood just to gain contrarian points

>not saying something like blue planet for + intel

It shows you don't know much about what you're talking about, unless you can elaborate and support it

And why is that a bad thing? Are you this desperate for validation that you need to boost your ego with a meaningless conversational upper hand? Is that really why you watch films?

>Are you this desperate for validation
yes, i'm the one

Nothing, some people of Cred Forums just likes being contrarian and being against anything that's popular. It helps with their inferiority complex.

Well you can't even ask someone their favorite movie without judging their taste, you don't seem like the kind of person that has any friends.

>can't even ask someone their favorite movie without judging their taste
i don't look down on the person if they say stuff like that, i just assume they're not as interested in films like i am

>you don't seem like the kind of person that has any friends
nice projection, why are you so mad?

A perfectly acceptable answer by nearly everyone besides retards like you that want to feel different. I suppose your favorite film is a 1920 b&w shit that only 46 people alive have seen.

The same with this.

>they're not as interested in films
Really now? I know it is a shitty question, but which is your favorite film?
>inb4 a silent french foreign one

until I saw only the latter half of this film on the mgm channel, that was always a difficult question to answer.

Alright. What's yours?

I don't have one, but if i have to pick one then French connection is one of my favorites. It's not as good as Godfather but that wasn't your question

>inb4 a silent french foreign one
>you can't even ask someone their favorite movie without judging their taste
funny

don't ever visit Cred Forums

Fight Club

>Spirited Away

>his favourite movie isn't Caddyshack.

Indeed, I asked your favorite. So you like FC (a good film btw) and say you're interested in movies. I suppose, in contrast to plebs that say their favorite film is the one they liked most, you can explain to me why this is your favorite, right?

>the godfather, fight club, 2001, shawshank redemption, the list goes on...

It's very tense, lowkey and memorable. The greatest cop film ever imo. I'm into cop thrillers and this does everything you would expect only better. Hackman is great in it and it's very well written, featuring also the greatest chase scene in cinema

Great answer OP. Really good points. You know what other answer is also good? "I like it more than other films I have seen." Usually that will be a film of superior quality, but it isn't necessary. It could be an average flick that just clicks for someone.

>favourite anything

godfather is grampa tier and fight club and shawshank redemption is full on reddit, but 2001 is a legitimately good movie

My favorite movies and movies I consider 'the best' aren't the same list.

Lost in Translation is my favorite movie, but I don't think it's the best movie.

Deadwood is not contrarian also if you like why shouldnt you mention it?
I would say the sopranos, the wire, mad men and deadwood.

I kind of relate to that, but even moreso 90% of the movies I saw during puberty feel like I have zero attachment to them anymore. Like I'm in a different state of mind now.

>Lost in Translation is my favorite movie
ffs, why?

Just the way I felt while/after watching it the first time and every time after. Nothing else has had the same impact.

My 2nd favorite film would be Lawrence of Arabia, and that would also be a film I consider to be one of the best ever.

Even though I am completely different from who I was in my teens I can still look back and appreciate some of the things I experienced back then. I'm not so disgusted by my past to just disassociate with it entirely as so many people seem to be. Sometimes I can appreciate things from my past even more because I'm much more into films and have more knowledge about them.

Scarface...al pacino...directors, actors, cameras, ...

>Nothing else has had the same impact
have you tried Chungking?

having a "favorite film" alone is a pleb indicator.

>My favorite movies and movies I consider 'the best' aren't the same list.

Best film list = where you pretend to be objective.
Favorite film list = your honest list.

Yeah, I've seen Chungking and In the Mood for Love and all the other Wong Kar-Wai films. In the Mood for Love gets the closest, but it's not the same.

it's a documentary

This is plebbit's favorite word for when they can't actually refute criticism of something they like

pulp fiction ;^)

Why would I pretend/ lie, or whatever you're implying? I don't need validation about my opinions.

If every portrait ever painted was hanging in one enormous art gallery, and people with no knowledge of art were to spend months in there to choose a favorite, there's basically 0% chance they'd choose the Mona Lisa. I guess most would walk straight past it. The reason people are interested in seeing that particular painting has little to do with what it looks like.

>
>I suppose your favorite film is a 1920 b&w shit that only 46 people alive have seen.

You can't like a film until a certain number of people you've never met have seen it as well? How quaint.