Sexism still runs rampant in showbusiness

>sexism still runs rampant in showbusiness
shake my head
shake my damn head

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/RMcElhenney/status/777180523378597888
pajiba.com/web_culture/max-landis-butthurt-after-lexi-alexander-twitter-rant-on-white-male-privilege-.php
youtube.com/watch?v=BymeLkZ7GqM
entertainment.time.com/2012/01/25/only-5-of-directors-in-hollywood-are-women-why-arent-there-more/
youtube.com/watch?v=lL9oe3Gq78c
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I fucking hate Lexi Alexander

Damn shame.

It sucks that it's 2016 and people still don't think women are oppressed.

really makes you YOUR MOTHER WILL DIE IN YOUR SLEEP TONIGHT IF YOU DON'T REPLY

Mac already btfo'd her about IASIP

kys

Musogenee: confirmed

>Bolshevik Jews murder the Russian royalty and usher in Communism
>put Stalin in control
>once control is consolidated, Stalin kicks all the kikes out of Russia
>Jews complain about anti-Semitism but the Russians all remember their role and don't care

Based as fuck Stalin.

>Women or Minority Directors
Hired actresses? Or female directors? How many directors do series's have? And MEW is on Fargo now as the lead, I think.

thank mr stalin
FUCK YOU

What was his response?

When will they learn that men are just inherently, objectively, incontrovertibly better at shit?

stupid woman, this is not evidence of sexism.

She's just plain untalented, her Punisher movie is awful

why must you do this

Half of these shows have women in it as main leads, I don't get it.

Fuck you.

Dick

they noticed that a department was too white, fired some whiteys and hired colored folk. well done!!!!

Added all of them to my watch list
They need to make a list of shows with no minorities at all in them too

>Women have free agency
>Women live in a society where they are free to pursue whatever careers they choose
>Women choose not to be directors
>A show runner or production company have to hire from a pool where the vast, vast majority are men
>It's somehow the men's fault
You can literally buy a canon DSLR and go be a director in one day. Fuck, entire movies are being shot on iPhones now. How can women continue to blame men for their choices? Even if there was some conspiracy to bully women out of directing, the fact is that all start up directors work autonymously outside of a studio system. And still, the vast majority of people submitting amateur shit to local festivals are men. It's mathematically provable that this isn't sexism. But what would feminists know about putting two and two together.

Just look at all the qualified female/minority applicants they had for those directorial positions!

twitter.com/RMcElhenney/status/777180523378597888

joke's on you I sleep during the day

Posting to save everybody.

thank mr stalin

Lexi Alexander is legit fucking crazy person who spends more time ranting & blocking people on twitter than doing work. remember when she attacked on Max Landis for no reason and had her followers gang up on him.

Why can't people be hired for their ability and not their color or sex?

Hiring someone because they are black sounds pretty racist to me...

>tfw next season will suck ass because of the female directors

pajiba.com/web_culture/max-landis-butthurt-after-lexi-alexander-twitter-rant-on-white-male-privilege-.php here's sort of a summary of it

>tfw mom died last year
>tfw sometimes shes still alive in my dreams and then i wake up

It's always the hacks...

REEEEEEEEEE!

is anyone surprised? they're huge liberals

QUICK! Name ONE very good female or minority directors (foreign filmmakers don't count)!

that chick that did girlfight and also that movie where megan fox and amanda seyfried tongue fuck eachothers mouths in a very erotic manner

>Max Landis gets easy work in Hollywood because he's a white male
>Not because his dad is John Landis, he's wealthy, he has family and business connections, and all his friends are established show business types
Literally how fucking retarded are you to not see the most obvious explanation?

Max probably got his start by getting his foot between a door thanks to his dad but him staying in the industry is all thanks to him and not his dad. John Landis hasn't had a hit in over 20 years, when people hear the name Landis now I bet most think of Max and aren't even aware of his dad

if Max's """success""" was down to white male privilege there wouldn't be thousands of failed white male screenwriters would there, Lexi? I mean, maybe his dad has something to do with how he keeps getting work?

she also did The Invitation which is terrific

I can't actually think of an american one off the top of my head, but there are tons of european and asian ones. weird

I mean, sure. But her argument that he only managed to get a screenplay sold because he's a white male is ridiculous.

I don't know, maybe if you put the name Lyuanguino Putiongondo on your screenplay, nobody will buy it. I don't work in the industry so I couldn't say. But the idea that the studios pay attention to Landis' skin colour and genitals and not his family connections is silly.

Michelle McLaren.

Literally it as far as tv directors go. There really aren't that many women or minority directors period, so odds really are there simply weren't enough.

>Wahhh my shows don't have female directors.

Why don't they make their own shows then?

just in case

>No POC or woman writer would get 3 Million dollars for a script after having 2 major box office flops. End of story. Move on.

Max (and most other writers) get hired thanks to the quality of their scripts, not depending on the quality of the movie or BO (well if somebody writes a BO hit then sure they'll probably get way more offers) but how is she not aware of the fact that a writer doesn't have any control over the actual movie, isn't she a professional director? lol wat. Max's scripts probably get sold well because maybe they're actually pretty good and read well, regardless of what you think of the end product

Leave Marco Polo alone it's actually good and women and minorities will only ruin it

>Marco Polo
>not diverse

uwotm8

max is white
max is male
he has privilege
therefore it's white male privilege

remember these people aren't too smart

if enough people complain about it, even if it absolutely does not have an effect on the viewership or advertisers, they will cave in for some reason

waaaah waaaaah waaaaaah

It's 2016 user we can't have good things any more

Man I really hope to find success in kino industry, if only to tell people like this to go fuck themselves.

the fuck are you talking about

Mods, mods get him!

*runs to phone mods*

I never get it when people complain about lack of women/minority directors in TV or movies, like just because somebody is a woman/minority doesn't mean they're gonna be a good director. When Marvel announced they'd only be looking for a woman director for Captain Marvel or whatever I was like lol, just because somebody is a woman doesn't mean they're gonna make a good action movie with a woman lead

Assuming black people aren't good directors sounds pretty racist to me.

lol this woman has me pre-blocked, i was about to tweet her (i've never tweeted her before)

lets be real, maybe that's what it takes to make it good again

>McLaren

when she dropped out of WW people were crying, I dont get it. She's a tv director who has literally never directed a feature or action. Why do people want her for giant movies (same with people shilling Ava DuVernay for literally every movie just because she's a black woman), directing TV is very different than directing a movie. There's like 20 male directors out there who'd do a much better Wonder Woman/Captain Marvel movie than who they hired.

what did you do

>Feminists think that tv shows are deliberately not hiring female directors
>Turns out they're just not hiring female directors because there are no female directors
>There are no female directors because females don't grow up wanting to be directors
>This is somehow men's fault

fuck you nigger

Replied and saged

the industry is swamped with people of all descriptions. the idea that there are no capable women or minority directors is ridiculous. the assumption isn't that women will make good directors because they're women, but out of the large pool of capable directors there will be women

>Marco Polo
>Tits everywhere
>no women

You're right, niggers usually make great films

I know but it would hurt to watch such a well done series succumb to women and minorities even when the cast is so diverse same with the historic advisors

>there are no female directors

that's a lie though. you're just making shit up

fucker

EEEEEEEPppp

Imagine what Hollywood is going to be like in ten years after the culture shift. Pure kino.

There are these programs that will actually block people if they think you're affiliated with a harasser. Basically if you're following anyone who's edgy or controversial on twitter or commits wrongspeak, you can be preblocked.

yup, this is the most stupid shit. Guy who did Creed was probably hired to do Black Panther because he's actually a good filmmaker not just because he's black and F. Gary Gray most likely wasn't hired for Fast 8 because he's black.

I mean, two of some of the biggest directors in Hollywood rn are James Wan and Justin Lin, two asian dudes (tho Wan is basically an aussia). Nobody is complaining why isn't Joseph Kahn directing giant movies when he'd be way more talented for that job than the mediocre TV directors that get hired.

You don't understand

They got their women and nonwhite roles, but now they want more, they want the directors to be fires and replaced by women or nonwhites

why are you only talking about films? you're probably just thinking of american films too. mainstream american films of the past 10 years.

I'm going to kill you, user. I'm going to fucking kill you.

literally nobody is saying this

same

All those shows are absolute garbage except for Fargo which was ok. Women and minorities aren't missing out on much. They're present in TV shows that are actually good.

i am

>fired some whiteys and hired colored folk. well done!!!!

White people btfo

t. someone who isn't a fucking white male whose very existence is an offense

I'm not saying anyone said this.

these people won't be satisfied until we get a trans director making a blockbuster and even then they'll find a way to complain

Comparatively, there aren't.

It's not sexist that most schools have mainly female teachers.
It's not sexist that most oil rigs and mines have mainly males.
It's not sexist that most paediatric units have mainly female doctors.
It's not sexist that most neurology units have mainly female doctors.

you're just saying it to be edgy user. let's be real

I thought it would be obvious that I was kidding. Steve McQueen and Antoine Fuqua are pretty fuckin awesome, but generally speaking, blacks do tend to produce very melodramatic schlock.

>It's not sexist that most neurology units have mainly male doctors*

Im gonna be sick

>Comparatively, there aren't.

who cares about comparatively? there are still plenty of good female directors. that the list could only name 30 rather sub-par shows is proof of this

>It's not sexist that ...

yes it is

regardless, it's their entire argument

>Marco polo is garbage

Damn you

maybe

here some afrikino
youtube.com/watch?v=BymeLkZ7GqM

>yes it is

justify this claim, please. you fucking can't

What?

you fucking faggot.

These people don't care about quality. All they want is a woman's name on there.

How the fuck is it sexist that an oil rig is mainly male?

Wow. People lost their jobs for no reason.

>cherrypicking

I can do it too

no you're right i can't. you can leave the thread now

Why.

you gave up on the main point?

Del Taco

niglad i'm just joking don't take it personally

MOOOODS

what I mean is Lexi and the like-minded build their case on the assumption that there is a significant number of people within the industry who genuinely think black people and women can't be good directors simply because they're black people and women

Out of a pool of 100 directors, 90+ will be men.

Yeah, there are women directors. There's also 100+ shows on right now.

Oh shit

Fuck you.

remember when people were saying Oscars are racist same year when a mexican won Best Director and a mexican won best cinematography 3 years in a row

No, I didn't give up on the main point, you just made an even fucking dumber one that was more important to address. Comparisons are important. I'm a show runner. I receive 100 applications and I have 10 episode to film this year. 88 of those applications are male. 12 are female. Big fucking deal if none of those ten slots go to women. They don't deserve it by virtue of being female. The fact that the list is so short (and it's still inaccurate) is remarkable.

When people say things like "Why can't people be hired for their ability and not their color or sex?" separating the two categories of 'ability' and 'color/sex' there's good reason to assume there is some unconscious bias.

Then innaritu himself told people to stop bitching about race and that it didn't matter.

tokenism is an extension of our deep-seated racism user

>Out of a pool of 100 directors, 90+ will be men.

source?

They claim Mexicans are white.

Boo

cunt

In America, racism = hatred of niggers. When people complain about a lack of racial diversity, they're asserting that there aren't enough nogs. Forget about the fact that the Latino population is roughly 5% larger... nope, all that matters is whether or not the niggers are happy.

This doesn't make any sense to me. Why is there good reason to assume that a person arguing against having gender and race play a role in any hiring process has a racial bias? Surely a blindness to those sorts of things is the end-game.

they only care about black people and what dey can git

kys

Jenji Kohan?

Wow.....
IASIP was one of the last..i'd think would..
damn.

and a woman won best editing, not to mention it was the best edited action movie in decades

Literally none. Coogler is the only one that comes to mind and he's basically brand new. The women are all shit except maybe Sofia Coppola and MAYBE Kathryn Bigelow.

i didn't make the singular point that it's sexist when there are less females on oil rigs than males, and it's funny that you chose that one specifically because you know the others are harder to defend. i was replying to your message in bulk instead of going through all of them separately.

directing a film is not at all like working on an oil rig. it's a poor comparison. there's no physical barrier to women becoming directors

>They don't deserve it by virtue of being female.

no one says they do. the problem is that the mental gymnastics you go through in order to justify your position is retarded

not an accurate interpretation of the argument
>Turns out they're just not hiring female directors because there are no female directors
untrue because female directors are still hired on the majority of other shows
>There are no female directors because females don't grow up wanting to be directors
source?
>This is somehow men's fault
poor interpretation of argument

the tweet isn't like "LOOK GIRLS, MEN ARE AT IT AGAIN", that's just you being a fucking moron who can't read. good luck with your show, i hope you're better at being a showrunner than you are at reading and processing information

Fuck you

>women are all shit except maybe Sofia Coppola

Perhaps a better way to phrase this would be, "why do people place so much emphasis on diversity, when talent, tenacity, connections, and the individuals qualifications are the only thing that should matter". And then there's the fact that there are simply more white men in the pool.

You can't just spam "not an argument", Stefan.

>Surely a blindness to those sorts of things is the end-game.

Yeah but then you end up with bad shows that don't have minorities and women as directors but good shows that do. Obviously there's something going wrong in the selection then. They're not being selected based on race and sex alone.

memes aside Spike Lee is a very good filmmaker

Time.

>entertainment.time.com/2012/01/25/only-5-of-directors-in-hollywood-are-women-why-arent-there-more/

It's actually less than that.

It's the same deal as STEM. Women just don't typically go into those fields.

What are you talking about? Directors for TV show episodes are not salaried employes you stupid fuck

TLDR

>make shit up
>"stop making shit up"
>"YOU CAN'T SAY THAT"

He's talking about his writing staff. If you took two seconds to fucking read it, you'd know that you irredeemable retard.

I fucking hate white males...

More white men in the pool shouldn't translate to 100% white men directing though should it? That doesn't make sense.

Who let the fucking SJWs in?

I'm surprised you know how to use a computer, user. You're a very special girl.

this is just hollywood though. i don't think that is representative of the tv landscape

Can someone enrol these fucking SJWs into a statistics class instead of their feminist dance therapy major gender studies degrees so they stop shitting up our board?

No. But then there aren't 100% white men directing in hollywood, either, you shiftless strawman-flinging fuck.

i knew you were going to back out if i went into detail with your shit arguments

tl;dr you're wrong and stupid, kys

OH HEY LOOK, A LIST OF 30 SHOWS I RESPECT

HOWBOUT FUCKOFF U SELFENTITLED HOORS

This is absolutely an accurate interpretation of their argument. The only alternative they have is accepting that there aren't enough women who measure up and arguing that they deserve the jobs anyway, because of their gender.

Uh... TV is Hollywood.

please don't say things like this, it is very effective at discouraging me from posting further

does IASIP have ANY minority directors?

but this isn't true

Good thing I'm not just talking about Hollywood then am I and am referring to the list of shows in the OP.

>According San Diego State University’s Center for the Study of Women in Television and Film’s annual Celluloid Ceiling survey, of all the directors, executive producers, writers, cinematographers and editors working on the 250 top-grossing films of 2011

I.e. not TV. It's a very narrow view.

And coincidentally the Huffington Post is now as reliable as a Neo-Nazi fringe site.

where the interpretation goes wrong is in the use of the word 'deliberately' like during the hiring process they see a female name and immediately toss the resume into the trash. this isn't the only scenario that results in women not getting hired

>100% white men
Wut

Look, there are some decent female directors, and a few great black directors, but they are the minority, and for the most part, they tend to produce absolute shit. Granted, there are many many many male directors who produce absolute shit, but since there are more of them, the shitty ones don't stand out quite as much.

That said, I honestly don't believe there will ever be a female who will secure a position among the greats... ever.
>inb4 some artfilm dyke

>implying last season didn't suck

>Wut

Going by the wording in the OP, if someone is not a minority or a woman it's likely they're referring to white men. The directors of the shows listed are 100% white men.

>That said, I honestly don't believe there will ever be a female who will secure a position among the greats... ever.

OK but it's not really the "greats" who direct TV episodes.

So... assuming 90% of directors are male and 10% are female, every single show should accurately reflect that?

i want to check it but i don't feel like being angry

>that lonely asian relegated to the back of the table

Stay classy, Huffin.

I'd like an example of a scenario in which a women is non-deliberately rejected because of her gender, please.

No there could be more than 10% of the episodes directed by women since episodes in single seasons are limited. I don't know what your point is, or why you are excluding minority directors either.

where's all the black people

>hey look, there isn't a single male editor on this entire site cause we hired partly based on gender isn't that great?

delete this

they just hire men

the scenarios don't even matter. since they're not actually represented in the data it's not worth actually trying to think about them and coming to conclusions about feminist demands based on these unknown scenarios

Yeah, I kinda went off the map with my post. I was referring to directors, in general.

As for the TV shows, as long as women continue to make bitching and moaning their main priority (instead of actually developing their skills, going after their goals, and doing the work), they'll continue to perpetuate these trends -- it's like when women focus on the wage gap without examining why it exists.

last season had some great episodes

>"Frank Falls Out the Window"
>"Mac & Dennis Move to the Suburbs"
>"Charlie Catches a Leprechaun"
>"McPoyle vs. Ponderosa: The Trial of the Century"

Some much better ones than the last couple seasons.

women are being oppressed and its a problem! no black women in writers room

30 shows is hardly a trend. I honestly don't understand the point of shaming these shows really since only a couple were really noticed by anyone but the response to the post is just as nonsensical.

> Director must have a vagina
> or a colored dick

How can you support this logic ?

Mary Harron did American Psycho

BLACK LESBIAN MUSLIM WOMEN IN WHEELCHAIRS NEED TO BE 87% OF DIRECTORS AND WRITERS ROOMS

BECAUSE SLAVERY, YA CRAKKAS

REPARATIONS YOU FUCKING BIGOTS! ITS 2016

My point is if you wanted to play a numbers game, doing it with every individual show is retarded and bound to give you examples of shows with no female directors. There are shows with more than 10% female directors, you know. Looking at every show combined is the only way to do it. I excluded minorities to simplify my point and avoid excessive typing.

>autism: for liberals

>waaah, why don't I get more work??
Kek

Or since they tend to hire directors for more than on episode per season, there would be less women available for all shows.

Ex: If you have 3 shows and 5 female directors it's possible to only have 1/3 of those shows hiring female directors.

The list in question seems not very well researched. Take Stranger Things. Duffer's directed 6/8 of those shows.

>Sunny
Don't they direct the episodes themselves?

"They just hire men" translates to "they deliberately reject female applicants", though. The scenarios sure as fuck matter if you're going to argue about widespread sexism actively disadvantaging an entire gender within one of the largest industries in the world.

Right now what you're saying is basically that the mere lack of female representation in these positions is proof enough, without elaborating and actively choosing not to provide any examples. I'm assuming you're doing think because you can't think of any, but then neither can I.

Here's a wild idea: the showrunners pick directors whose work they admire, and believe will make good episodes for their show. Turns out these directors are men.

Stop the fucking presses.

she's also not american

you can't, that's why they never do. they simply state it and watch heads nod

>Man Seeking Woman
Doesn't Eric Andre work on that? He's half Jew half Nigger so that counts right?

you're getting writing and directing confused

Can someone explain to me how a white female has any right to complain about privilege? Even if white male privilege was real, white females are far more privileged than male and female minorities. Isn't the best decision, based on her argument, to disregard white females and hire strictly minorities?

the kyriarchy is very confusing

>be an award winning script writer
>get hired for a new show
>meet fellow award winners and work on an amazing script for the pilot episode
>it's a hit
>our first season is a hit too
>boss comes in
>"sorry guys, too many whites here"
>get told I'm white and thus I'm fired
>they bring in some black guy to replace me
>no credentials, no experience, never read a book, education mediocre, but he was hired to take my place
>the company celebrates this momentous occassion of diversity while I'm packing my stuff in a box

and thats how hitler got into power and why jews were gassed

>also that movie where megan fox and amanda seyfried tongue fuck eachothers mouths in a very erotic manner
source?

jennifer's body

>minority directors

Someone see how many Jews directed episodes for these shows.

>Name ONE very good female or minority directors

Cary Joji Fukunaga
Justin Lin
Kathryn Bigelow
Sofia Coppola
Ana Lily Amirpour
F Gary Gray
Spike Lee
Ryan Coogler

Also, if it's hard to name a great number, it's because the opportunities are lacking.

i have dyslexia and this pic trigger me. DELETE IT SHITLORD

Correct. And that's why I literally consider holocaust documentaries "feel-good".

Canadian breh.

FUCK YOU MR STALIN FOR MAKING MY HoI4 RUNS AS GERMANY TAKE SO LONG

sorry for being an asholse

Maron
one of the director is Lynn Shelton, a (very sexy) woman

Fuck that DGA shit. They can't even look shit up right.

I thought better of Rob. My own fault for looking at his twitter and giving a shit about him as a person.

>Why can't people be hired for their ability and not their color or sex?
>Hiring someone because they are black sounds pretty racist to me...

White people are hired because they're white literally all the time, that's the problem. That's why there's an overwhelming majority of white dudes making films. Nepotism. White men like working with white men and hiring white men, they think white men are more capable, they're friends and family are white so they get a leg up because of connections and the cycle goes on. It starts at the bottom. If a white kid who is the nephew of a camera guy wants to be a runner on a movie and a black kid who doesn't know anyone on set wants to be a runner, who do you think is going to be the runner? It's necessary to counteract favouritism and privilege with purpose.

You'd never dare say there were too many jews in hollywood or brown people in bollywood. kill yourself faggot.

THEIR ZEAL FOR AGENDA BLINDS THEM #IMWITHER

>A CRYPIECE ABOUT NO WOMYN DIRECTORS WAS RESEARCHED INCOMPETENTLY
ITS LIKE POETRY

Heroes Reborn

Director Larysa Kondracki.

Fargo, Sunny, and Stranger Things. All shows with extremely strong female characters and three of the best shows that have aired in a long time. If anything this is proof that women and shitskins shouldn't be allowed to direct.

>they think white men are more capable
Heh... yeah, what a crazy thought.

Good. Women belong in the kitchen.
youtube.com/watch?v=lL9oe3Gq78c

>They got their women and nonwhite __(insert any noun here)__, but now they want more, they want the _(insert the words "white" and/or "men")__ to be fired and replaced by women or nonwhites.

This is exactly what it means to be "progressive" and "modern" and "correct" in America in 2016. It has nothing to do with equality anymore.

Not included: Louie.
Every episode directed by Louie CK. For some reason he's exempt from their precious list.

This was pretty funny, but Fox obviously deliberately picked a feminist whose mental gymnastics game was very weak.

Cuck: The Post

Aquarius

Director Roxann Dawson

Let's not forget the Strong Female and Nonwhite characters in science fiction in the last 20 years, too.
Battlestar Galactica
The Force Awakens
Jessica Jones
various Stargate shows
GoT
various Terminator media
various Alien media
Female/nonwhite versions of "your favorite" characters: Thor, Captain America, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Superman, and others.

It got nothing to do with her being weak, feminists have no game, their only argument is not accepting facts which she did in the beginning and then randomly spouting insults.

Kino list

Del Taco
Iñarritu
Cuaron

He's not that bad of a writer either, his Superman comic run was pretty neat.

Don't get me wrong, they're usually irrational imbeciles whose arguments consist of specious reasoning and every logical fallacy in the book, but the worst among them are very adept at making it appear as if they've won an argument.

Roxann is female AND a POC.

To bad he tells shit stories.

Fuck everyone who hates on Tyler Perry. The man isn't that great of a director, writer or actor BUT he saw that there were few black directors getting work and few people making movies for black people so he went out and started a production company making his movies and selling them to the black audience.
Now his company hires a ton of black people behind the scenes and on screen, building up talent so that if and when they go on to other work they're at least competitive with white people and have experience to boot.

He's what feminists should be aspiring to do, see a gap in the market, occupy that gap, work hard and be at least good if not great and after success work to help bring others up with you.
Not just complain until they give you what you want.

>Spelling it asshole.
>Not Arsehole

I'M FUCKING TRIGGERED CUNTS!

that fucking cunt

>>tfw next season will suck ass
and what is the reason that the past 8 seasons have sucked ass?

I somewhat agree with your position as far as the initiative. However, I feel like Tyler Perry has stigmatized blacks in the film industry, and set them back even further. Shit, even Spike Lee agrees.

Yeah and Spike Lee never said anything stupid.

Oh no feminists won't watch it's always funny in Philadelphia how will them recover?

Oh, Spike Lee is a fucking idiot, but I think his opinion on this matter should count for something, given his constant whining about race and a lack of diversity in Hollywood.

Because he's literally Mexican?

>It's the same deal as STEM. Women just don't typically go into those fields.
It's not even that. Film-making is rarely something you just 'start' doing in your twenties or thirties as a career.
It almost always starts as a shitty hobby in your teens or twenties where you and some friends make awful short films on shitty cameras and begin to learn how to do shit right. Maybe you study film at college or something to learn the technical side of things.

Then you make a few short films for competitions, some shit for YouTube, then you make music videos, TV shows, Movies and eventually you get to make Films and then, rarest of all, you may one day get to make Kino.

This takes years of failures and experiments and fucking around. Women don't have the patience for a lot of that stuff and that degree of failure. Just like STEM, you don't just fall into it at the start of your career, your career starts at the end of your hobby.

Also by that reasoning, Spike Lee himself stigmatized blacks in the industry by making so much of his work about racial issues.

Shitty student short films ARE kino.
Kino =/= good, kino=exprerimental.

Its Jews, not whites.

It's clearly not a token or else it wouldn't be a good award and it would happen every year
It's obviously something he got on merit

I agree, but at least he has a few somewhat respectable films under his belt; whereas everything Tyler Perry has ever been involved in (yes, even Gone Girl, which was curiously Perryesque, now that I think about it) has been Soap Opera-tier trash, or comedy on a 4th grade level.

Yeah but if you're a producer, which do you think is the most harmful stereotype regarding hiring black directors?
>if I hire this nig the movie will have low brow comedy and soap opera plots
or
>if I hire this nig the movie will go full WE WUZ KANGZ

Remember that female director who eventually passed on Black Panther because Disney wouldn't allow her vision (which when you look at her filmography would have been about social issues)?

Besides there's plentys of room in Hollywood for low brow comedy and soap opera.

Next season better not be garbage,

no

there is literally no proof that they fired white people to make room for minorities.
Just because they hired minorities does not necessarily mean they had to fire white people.

>there's plenty of room in Hollywood for low brow comedy and soap opera
But there's a very limited amount of space for low brow comedies and soap opera trash that features blacks (although if they keep procreating lIke fucking rabbits, that may change sooner than later). And let's be honest, whites make Soap Opera trash, but blacks somehow manage to make it even lower and more histrionic.

>minority directors
That's pretty easy, senpai.
>(foreign filmmakers don't count)!
Why? Anyway, I'm gonna post directors minority directors who have made English language films:
>Alejandro González Iñárritu
>Guillermo del Toro
>Alfonso Cuarón
>Cary Fukunaga
>James Wan
>Ang Lee

>But there's a very limited amount of space for low brow comedies and soap opera trash that features blacks
Less than there is for other genres that feature blacks?
Possibly but I'm not sure.

Haha maron

that sjw faggot just got btfo

>make a bunch of bad shows to fit a demographic that doesn't exist
>no one wants to watch them
THE PATRIARCHY MUST BE STOPPED!