Why ‘Batman v Superman’ Is the Donald Trump of Comic-Book Movies

>Despite scathing reviews, “Batman v Superman” still triumphed at the box office with a record $166 million opening weekend. No amount of bad press could stop a divisive candidate from becoming a runaway success story. Does that make this movie the Donald Trump of comic-book films?

>Before you roll your eyes, consider the parallels between Trump the politician and the Dark Knight. When a young boy asked Trump if he was Batman last year, the Republican frontrunner answered in the affirmative. “I am Batman,” Trump said in his trademark bravado style, as he awarded a cluster of school children with a free helicopter ride over Iowa. Like Bruce Wayne, Trump is a multi-millionaire mogul defined by the memory of his parents. He also owns tall skyscrapers with his last name emblazoned over the doors, just like the big “W” that hangs over Wayne Enterprises.

>That’s not to say that “Batman v Superman” made boatloads of money solely from Republican ticket buyers. But it’s interesting to note how the harder the press attacked the movie, the better it seemed to do.

Now this is a marketing spin if I've ever seen one.
The movie is still shit.

Reductionism is the lowest form of criticism.

I can't believe someone who probably calls them self a 'journalist' thought this was worthy of being written.

More vapid than that buzzfeed writer trying to shame Sam Hyde.

wtf I love BvS now!

So BvS = Trump = Hitler? kek

wtf i love Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice even more now!

By the way, I thought Suicide Squad was the Trump of movies. Or at least that was the narrative a few days ago.

hello, reddit

>Jared Leto is Jesus
Does that mean The Joker is Superman?

Wasn't B vs. S in the hole after marketing costs and such?

that movie triumped at the box office too so youre not wrong

they should do an article about hillary clinton being the ghostbusters movie

this article is the Wayne Lambright of articles

no, you're mistaken sir

t.tryhard newfag that never lurked and thinks everyone here needs to agree with him

>hmm how can i inject politics into this completly unrelated subject

no but the odds are you are a redditor if you both hate Trump and BvS

I hate BvS because it's shit and I couldn't care less about the showbiz you call American politics but I do prefer Trump to Clinton.

>trump
>bvs
He's civil war team cap desu senpai

So Hilary is Ghostbusters (2016) right?

you actually hate it? i just dont understand people like you

Trump is Batman? oh my god it all makes sense now.

>So Hilary is Ghostbusters (2016) right?
Thats actually a more fitting comparison.

Yes, I loathe Snyder, everything he represents, his filmography and his pretentious fans.

>think BvS:DC was a 9/10
>will be voting Trump

based me

why would Snyder be the director to loathe though? there are directors like bay or refn

Who is the Bernie of comic book movies?

This tribal form of criticism is so dumb, they're trying to pathologise matters of taste. The "good nerds" like the movies I like, the "bad nerds" like those other movies, I say nerds because they're the dweebs who do this sort of thing. Plenty of critics didn't like the movie, but it's nerds who are driven to try make it "wrong" by association with Trump. Get over it, I swear the people who hate this movie will harp on about it into the grave.

Bernie Mac.

bernie is Deadpool. likes getting pegged

Not him, but at least people in general are smart enough to know Bay and directors like him are bad. The thing about Snyder is his style attracts so many self-absored film snobs who never studied film in their lives

Deadpool. Super popular and actually good, but hopelessly overshadowed by much stronger (but shittier) movies from MCU and DCEU

Have you studied film?

>mfw it's a DChad thread

What nu male shit has to do with President Trump?
He is a high test/high energy man, not a cuck

>loved by retards
>try hard to please millenials
>stupid shitfest

Yeah, you are right

what did Snyder mean by this?

>good

Literally name a joke you laughed at

most people dont try to say Snyder is Kubrick tier. he just happens to do a better job at action movies for people who still want a more serious movie. with bay you know it will be shitty all around

>le Bay is a bad director meme
HELLO, REDDITO

I dislike both BvS and Trump and this is sad.

Last I checked Transformers is still considered shit but made a ton of money.

This is a stretch...fucked up my morning coffee to link a movie with 2 bad ass superheroes and Trump...I wouldn't put it pass beaverdome to make a comic of himself

The last two or so Transformers movies actually flopped in USA, but were saved by overseas box office because chinks (and sometimes euros) love eating shit.

Reddit loves Trump.

>no amount of good press could save it
nice

Another example of American political journalism.
Gotta be proud of that.

But Bay's only bad with scripts, and only in Transformers.

>explain to me why Superman is like Zod?
>ARE YOU KIDDING ME??!!

>ywn see Zach Snyder's Predator

he is a visionary

What is the Bernie Sanders of movies?

What is the Hillary Rodham Clinton of movies?