MOSAIC THREAD

rate n hate

Be completely honest edition

Other urls found in this thread:

bighugelabs.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So how do you guys do these threads now?

Check out Lang's Dr. Mabuse films if you haven't.

come on redditors at least share the titles of the arthouse trash

You're good OP

Will do, have had Dr Mabuse, der Spieler on my hard drive for awhile but haven't really found the time for it.

This is very plebeian of me but the only Lang film i have seen is M (which i really liked)

the pleb n' proud crowd is steadily increasing in number, I see

so you dont want others to watch your subtitled garbage?

You have a lot of good stuff ahead of you, then. I'd suggest watching Metropolis before diving into Mabuse, considering the latter can be an exhaustive watch. It's well worth the invested time, though. Die Nibelungen and Frau Im Mond are great as well.

I was just joking, sorry.

>Un homme qui dort
>Underground
>Love In The Afternoon
>Diary of a Lost Girl
>Celine and Julie Go Boating
>Sir Arne's Treasure
>Marketa Lazarová
>Possession
>Le Plaisir
>Exotica
>Cœur fidèle
>Ossos
>Deep End
>Amélie
>Pauline at the Beach
>That Obscure Object of Desire
>Adieu Philippine
>Three Colours: Blue
>The Cranes Are Flying
>Tokyo Twilight
>Heroic Purgatory
>The Power of Kangwon Province
>Dead Man's Letters
>The Spirit of the Beehive
>Du côté d'Orouët

Name of films?

>The American Friend
>Fanny and Alexander
>Short Cuts
>Rebels of the Neon God
>A Brighter Summer Day
>Down By Law
>Repo Man
>Insomnia
>Pigs and Battleships

>Down by Law
My fucking nigger

Come at me.

I believe oldboy to be the most overrated film ever. Why do people like it so much? Is it because it's the only korean film they have seen? I mean it's merely ok. It's fine, but nothing special

It's my first korean movie. I liked the direction, how it potrayed revenge, greek tragedy elements and the twist was great, but I really felt for the guy. Also, I've heard that this is the weakest movie in the trilogy, so I'm pretty excited to finish the rest.

Note that I only started watching films seriously like 2 years ago. I'm 18, so I think my taste's pretty ok for my age.

Rebbit: the Taste

Not that guy, but I've started watching films seriously around a year ago and I think my taste is far better than yours. Not that this is a competition, just saying.

Threads like this are dick measuring contests, so this is a competition.

How old are you? I'm 18, so that's probably the biggest reason my taste isn't "patrician" or whatever, but I really don't give a fuck about other people's opinion on some japanese board forum made to discuss cartoons.

I'm 20, and my view on these things is that it's only important to want to discover new stuff. That curiosity for the medium is important. I don't care what your 9 favorite picks are if you love the medium and are digging and checking new stuff out.
Also, I like honesty. I am sure some people who participate in these threads put some obscure movies there on purpose. Not saying everyone does that, it's entirely possible to love an obscure movie that much, but if I see a 3x3 with every movie being extremely obscure (that there's not even a description for that movie on IMDB for example), I always get suspicious.

Well yeah, a good amount of people here post it to use "LE PLEBBIT XDD" and other insults, that are childish to say the least.

I'm currently planning to watch Memories Of Murder and Kurosawa's stuff. I like to explore

Coké kino

>I'm currently planning to watch Memories Of Murder and Kurosawa's stuff.
>I like to explore

I can't tell if this is masterful bait or your serious. Either way, godspeed user

I've seen Memories of Murder last month, it was fantastic. Kurosawa is one of my favorite directors even though I've only seen 7 movies of his. I'd suggest you start with Yojimbo, Rashomon and Seven Samurai.
>I like to explore
Excellent, that's the most important thing.

Good on ya. Memories of Murder is great. And of course Kurosawa is a must, only have two more movies of his to watch before I've seen them all.

That whole "I like to explore" part was meant in general, not that I like to explore and that I've found Kurosawa and MoM because they're fairly well known.

Yeah, I've heard great stuff about it as well.

Can you recommend more good asian stuff? Thanks in advance!

rate and rec anons

Check out Vargtimmen by Bergman

Watch Cure, my favorite Japanese film

Will do, thanks!

It's an okay movie. I think a lot of teenagers have that phase where they start watching edgy/angsty films like Fight Club, Se7en, Clockwork Orange, and naturally this progresses to Battle Royale and Oldboy.

I do really like the score and production design though. All those eye candy wallpapers, yum yum.

this.

How did you find out about Saragossa?

it's a famous film based on a famous book

whats the bottom left again?

Tokyo Drifter

What's top left, top middle, top right, middle left, middle, middle right, bottom left, bottom middle, and bottom right?

>Pale Flower
>Chungking Express
>In the Mood for Love
>Fallen Angels
>Sword of Doom
>Vengeance is Mine
>A Colt is my Passport
>Intimidation
>Branded to Kill
>Tokyo Drifter
>Still Walking
>Nobody Knows
>Love Exposure
>As Tears Go By
>Infernal Affairs

Just keep digging

hit me up with your favorite sad films lads

middle left: Pusher
go watch it NOW

Blue Valentine
The End of the Tour

Whats the top middle one?

Whats top right

my honest one

le feu follet
the comedy
oslo august 31st
the day he arrives

it's been a while since you've posted, nice taste, Lazarova is beautiful
have you seen Epstein's Finis Terrae?

Lets see, recognize Zodiac, Network, 2001.

It bottom middle Shame?

And the last one Lawrence of Arabia or The Passenger?

Anyone have an online template for this? I wanna contribute but I'm mobileposting from a bus right now.

eyes wide shut, Mote Baumwolle, There will be blood
Gueros, zodiac, network
2001, shame, Lawrence of arabia

>There will be blood
You really went out of your way to pick an obscure shot huh?

post the films ill make one 4u

its cropped and im lazy, you can see daniels ass on the corner

Clockwork Orange is the most overrated than OldBoy

Mosaic app?

Shadow of the Vampire
Dr. Strangelove
Duck Soup
Ghost Dog: Way of the Samurai
Them (1954)
Pitch Black
Thank You For Smoking
The Great Escape
The Third Man

Nothing super obscure or out there, but they're my favorites so everyone can blow me.

Neat

it's cool seeing films like them! in these threads
have you seen Bullitt?

Is ghost dog good? I have seen it on many people's favorite films list, i also read that it was inspired by branded to kill, a film i really like

Yes it's good. Draws from Branded to Kill, but more so from Le Samuraï.

Thanks my man! Saved for future use.
Ghost Dog is excellent.
My grandpa showed me Them when I was like 3 or 4 and I used to watch it religiously every weekend. Bullitt is amazing, too.

With McQueen? Yeah good film

well i found it to be very entertaining, if find the idea of a stealth assassination with some hip hop beats on the background, you should check it out
although it's not only about mixing those two things
you can also view it as the spiritual guidelines and deep devotion people have to them

it's a very fun film after all

`tree of life makes me cry

bighugelabs.com/

you guys what anything good recently?

i watched Utopia: Scattered Body and the World Upside Down by Raul Ruiz like an hour ago
good stuff

so how was Dont breathe?

nice

it was actually really fun, thought it would be more of a horror but was more of a thriller, really enjoyed but the acting of the protags was pretty poor

will check out then

have you seen mountains may depart? it's my least favorite jia

also that's best haneke

>Duck Soup
My negro, that's my favorite comedy, it's just so perfect. Definitely 3x3 material.

>kore-eda
noice

There's absolutely nothing about it that doesn't hold up.
>tfw they think taxes are too high

I've also seen Animal Crackers and Horse Feathers. The former had a few god-tier scenes (especially with Chico and Harpo), but a lot of misses (the romance was especially boring, the one in Duck Soup is at least played for laughs), the latter was almost as good as Duck Soup, would have been perfect if it wasn't for that boring segment where Harpo is playing the harp and the segment where Zeppo is singing that song to his girl. Still love Duck Soup the most.

I loved Horse Feathers, but yeah a lot of the romantic parts in Marx Brothers movies just seem tacked on as afterthoughts to meet some studio requirement. You should watch A Day At The Races, it's probably my favorite MGM Marx Brothers film. Their MGM ones were a bit more traditionally structured and less chaotic, though.

The romance just ruins some parts for me, but maybe I'm biased because I hate romance in general.
Thanks for the recommendation, I'll check it out. I plan on checking out all the movies of theirs anyways.

It feels especially forced in Marx brothers movies since it contrasts with the flow and tone of the rest of the movies so much. It's hard to jump from slapstick, vaudevillian song and dance comedy to a romantic subplot without it being jarring.

Definitely. Haven't seen their other stuff, but Duck Soup was just perfect. The "comedy" wasn't even there, it was a joke which was exploited throughout all of the movie. That woman liked Groucho, but he just kept joking like it was nothing.

titles?

Hi

What do you think of the rest of Kusturica's filmography ?

Have you seen Rozier's doc on Vigo ? If so, is it good ?

Is middle right Noroit ?

out 1, but love noroit too
have you seen anything by rivette?

I've recently watched Duelle, Noroit & Merry go round. I also watched La belle noiseuse a while back. Out 1 seems nice but I don't like to pause movies and finding the time to watch a 13h films is a tad bit difficult.

i'd say before you watch it watch l'amour fou
which one of the ones you've watched did you like better?
La belle noiseuse is beautiful and my third or fourth favorite rivette
but watching duelle was a magical experience truly
i think the only film i don't really like is Va Savoir
even liked Gang of four

What's the movie with bald Mads Mikkelson?

Pusher 2

what's bottom middle and left middle?

what else have you seen from ruiz?
bottom middle is the triplets of belville
and the other is hypothesis of a stolen painting

Mysteries of Lisbon, 10/10 too

Duelle was my fav by far, one of the best things I've watched recently, and probably one of the best things I've watched overall.

how were you able to watch hypothesis of a painting?

that's nice, have any plans for watching celine and julie?
dvd

I prefer to get my films legally so it's probably going to be hard to find on stores, maybe I'll get it online.

that movie with the guy wearing a leather jacket holding a shotgun,

autism spotted.

Literally none of the images in that mosaic depicted that though.

The most autistic you find on a chart with a movie about a killer tire with psychic powers is a guy wearing a leather jacket and holding a shotgun ?

Ok.

yeah i bought it on amazon

4/4 I think, Im really crap at recognising movies but Ghost dog, Blade runner, Mullholland drive and Cloud Atlas (weakest of the group) is all quality.

All kino

A SHORT FILM ABOUT LOVE
STALKER

What's bottom right and middle right?

high lighttts

Its an amazing film. Almost every scene is beautiful, it has one of the best fight scenes ever and a twist ending thats genuinely shocking and not just a random ass pull. The flashback scenes may drag a bit, but aside from that I find it pretty much perfect. And I've seen (and enjoyed) a lot of other movies from south east asia including most of Park's other movies.

Is bottom right Crippled Avengers ( or any venom mob ) ? If yes that's some great kung fu taste fâm

I like what I see overall, nice chart

I see you post in every chart but never contribute or say anything.
What are the titles user?

It's Five deadly venom. Most venom mob films are enjoyable but Deadly veoms probably has the best balance between fights/story.

ueh i call out shit tasteslike you

THE SARAGOSSA MANUSCRIPT
FANNY AND ALEXANDER

Just watched the VVitch, wtf was that about???

Also who was the witch and who killed the family someone explain pls

Witch was phone

Wut

>all sci-fi or crime dramas
Branch out, my dude.

A2, B2, and C1 and 3please

+ for Un homme qui dort, good shit

B1 and 3?

basic taste

First time doing this so i'm sorry if it looks like shit
Nice, what's middle right?
Middle left?
>Gueros
Mexibro?
Top middle?

looks like shit because your taste is shit

Ste men, el sinefilo

>MIDDLE LEFT
THE CONFORMIST

1/4

Warning: expect repetition.

2/4

Can someone give the titles to the OP? Those look pretty interesting and I only recognize 2 of them.

3/4

4/4

T PUTEO
Thanks