Cafe Society

You saw it? You liked it?

I liked it. Good vibes, some funny scenes, a little bit of feels.3/4

didn't have an ending.

Yes, i saw it. I liked it

Did you?

Mediocre. Cinematography was nice though.

if eisenberg doesn't stop with the endless stream of consciously telegraphed micro-expressions (head shakes, eyeball shifts, voice cracks) i'll beat his head with a wrench until those behaviors seem more natural.

Was bland and unfunny, felt like Woody just put together the movie for the sake of making it without much effort into making it a quality film.

Really disliked it.

It meanders a lot, and there's no take away message. It's basically a huge waste of time. Definitely one of Allen's weakest films.

He looks goofy in that suit, but that's probably because he has a pretty goofy build in general.

Thick neck and large skull with narrow shoulders.

LMAO @ that digit ratio as well, never noticed that before.

>le pretty pictures

Basically. But he has been known to do that in the past, since he practically makes one film every year.

this this this

>celebrity gossipers

Do the world a favor and stop communicating over any medium. You have nothing valuable to offer.

I'm not a celebrity gossiper? Maybe I need to get into it though if they're into physiognomy and genetic biodeterminism though, damn.

Yes. No.

Jesse's character was unbearable at the start but mellows out near the end. Woody's narration was unnecessary. Carell was just boring, maybe because his character appeared a dozen or so times from woody's past movies. Corey Stoll steals the show every time he's onscreen. Jewish mother was annoying.

Great ending shot

I loved the ending

favorite Woody Allen movie since Midnight in Paris, great jokes, great cinematography, enjoyed the melancholic undertones. also i never knew Woody could make mob violence so hilarious.

I give it 5 bags of popcorn.

>i need an ending otherwise i dont have closure :(
not all films need to be summed up and wrapped up
some of the greatest cinema has open endings

perfect ending shot

is this another movie where kstew is a slut?

yes, a gold digging home wrecking slut

It's a 'Woody Allen dreams that he is young and has beautiful gentile women falling for him while finding him being jewish mysterious and attractive' movie...

Seriously, it was shite apart from the two attractive females and being nicely shot.

Nothing offensively terrible, but it honestly evaporated from my mind the moment I left my theater. I'll definitely give it another go once it's on blu-ray, but for now, what I will say is that Eisenberg and Stewart really don't gel in it as well as, say, American Ultra, and both feel out of place in this sort of period and setting, since they basically play themselves but in glitzy 1930's Hollywood. They're really unengaging to watch and listen to, and that drags down a good portion portion of the film which I may have otherwise had a least some investment in. But the whole film in general just kind of comes and goes without much lasting impression, for me at least.

5/10

POTTERY

>k-stew's feet nowhere in sight
>perfect

VAMPIRES!
MMMM!

I love kstew now. thanks alot woody

But do you get to see her feet?