ITT: pretentious garbage

I'll start

Started very well. What a shitty movie. It's like The Hurt Locker winning the Oscar against Avatar.

Jfc this board is terrible

Malick tree-panning with horseshit dialogue is pretentious

Birdman never struck me as such tbqh

How is it pretentious? It is what it is.

ending is literally 2deep4u

Turned it off after five minutes because it was so pretentious.

No it's not, it's just ambiguous, not everything ambiguous is 2deep4u nor pretentious, it is what it is and holds no false pretenses. You should learn what the words you're using mean

>guy is delusional
>has one of his many delusions at the very end
>somehow it is now 2deep4u

t. pretentious faggot

What a mouthbreathing retard, do you also use website names as adjectives in your race to know nothing and not be pretentious?

>its an everyone uses a word incorrectly episode

Protip for guy who made this shit: if you want your epic drama to be taken seriously dont make fucking psychic superhere main character

>"oy vey i made this utra deep story about some old fag but nobody wants to watch it! how will i earn shekels!?"
"just throw in some capeshit my good goy! children will love it!"

I don't get the seemingly unanimous hate for this. It's very solid and well-done.

Are y'all just pleebs?

all marvel movies except antman spiderman and gotg and xmen

DUDE GODARD LMAO

The epitome of pretentious arthouse wankery.

if you haven't seen birdman at least 3 times then you haven't really seen it

>Malick tree-panning with horseshit dialogue is pretentious

I fucking hate malick so much. Plebs like him because they are braindead and delude themselves into thinking they are patrician

Your opinions are garbage. Delete your account.

nigga are you 7?

Anything made before 1990.

>nobody in this thread actually knows what the movie is about

I wish I could be 14 again

Okay mr. philosopher
englithen me with ur light of knowledge

holy shit this

Soundtrack is top tier though

One of the very few that can be listened separately from the film

I don't understand how that wasn't first post, desu. The movie is fucking garbage so bad that even Kubrick didn't know how to give it a decent ending jfc

Only the ending was pretentious though. The rest of it was very fun.

The film is deliberately alienating for reasons that are pretty obvious
I don't think there's an iota of pretension in the whole thing, but I'm biased - I fucking adored this film.

ITT: people who don't know what the word pretentious means.

The movie was easy to understand, but executed in the most boring way possible.

Well then why are you saying it's pretentious when your criticism of the film was that you thought it was boring?

You must enjoy the films of Wes Anderson.

I'm a different user that also thought it was pretentious, but I don't remember why at this point. I really don't want to rewatch it though.

"attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed."

Donnie Darko
American Beauty

>durr so pretentious

He literally tells you what the movie is about in the movie and in interviews

>durr he has super powers

Dumb faggots don't understand the Icarus metaphor

>durr metaphor
movies are meant to be fun

>Icarus metaphor
jesus christ
soon we will need fucking phd to understand movies

Is there a problem with that?

such a pretentious post.

what was pretentious in birdman?

Do you have anything to say? How is my post pretentious? It's a fucking question you illiterste retard.

the technique, the script, the ending.

>all entertainment needs to cater to me

The shitpost department at your faggot college really needs to step their game up

Don't get me wrong, I liked it myself. But it felt like it was trying a bit too hard at times.

I was trolling dude. One of my favorite genres is mumblecore, and it's so fucking boring so go figure.

How could anyone hate Birdman?

Whenever I ask, they always go
>2deep4u
>they made it look like one take, so that's pretentious!

If you want to actually talk about a pretentious movie, talk about 2001

>made it look like one take
This is what's wrong with it. Don't make it look like it, fucking make it in one take.

The movie "Victoria" did (kino, btw), and it's not pretentious in any way.

why is your opinion so stupid?

>kino
Cred Forums knows about dynamic range, composition methods and production values and don't need buzzwords to pretend to discuss music
Cred Forums knows about graphical engines, level design, animation techniques and don't need buzzwords to pretend to discuss video games
/lit/ knows about narrative resources, stylistic resources and editorial constraints and don't need buzzwords to pretend to discuss literature
Cred Forums knows nothing about the art of cinema, it is the only board shit enough and so filled with idiots that they need buzzwords like kino to pretend to discuss film.

how can a technique be pretentious you illiterate retard

what specifically about the script made it pretentious, aside from the ending which i think you do have a point about

Cred Forums sucks desu

I was going through a list of their "top" albums and they all are monotone guys singing generic songs which all sound the same for the entire album.

The dialogue sounds like it was written by a high school student. He's such a one trick retard. I'm also concerned of the fact that he can't convey his ~vision~ without beautiful A-list celebrities. I'm not saying he should cast Ron Perlman in every movie (but really I am). I just get the sense that he just lets these celebrities walk around, narrates whatever his limited brain came up with in the morning, and the audience will feel that there must be something more to it.

His movies are pretty I guess. Nature documentaries are much better if you're into that kind of thing though and much less, you guessed it, pretentious.

Prove me wrong.

Everyone always goes on tangential bullshit about other boards
Every fucking time

>limited brain
as opposed to what, exactly

mmm... bad news for you, go read some Dvid Lynch interviews

why should i prove you wrong?

>being this retarded

The only pretentious movies in this thread so far

>I tried to post about my fav band BotDF with my friends from Cred Forums and they made fun of me cuz their musical tastes suck lol

I always found nightcrawler to be really pretentious

100%

This thread

This is probably the most pretentious thing I've ever seen.

ITT: shit taste and wrong word usage
I'll start

I only go to Cred Forums, and Cred Forums, and Cred Forums is no better.

Pretentious but still entertaining in my opinion

yeah kinda i guess
I never managed to watch it until the end, the main character is depicted to obviously as morally deviant
I feel like the charter beyond his lack of empathy and all the sociopath trendy shit he seems to reflect is way too shallow to prove the main point of the whole movie
(i.e. we as a society encourage this kind of behavior by consuming news)

I think you might be giving Cred Forums too much credit there, friend.

For whatever reason coked out emma stone was the hottest I think she's been. So at least there's that.

These are all great movies you fucking retards.

No i don't.

Pretentious, but not entirely to its detriment

Interstellar

why?

>people who treat an ambiguous movie as a problem with one solution and it's a race to find it

Just enjoy the movie.

holy fuck this
>MURRPHH LOVEE CONQUERS ALL MURRPHHH DONT LET ME LEEVEE MURRPHHHH

Cloud atlas

It had one good segment, I want a whole movie based around the letters portion. Those are some interesting characters. But the rest is just a mess ugh

This, so much this. Fuck Aronofsky.

I give Birdman a 9/10.

Great movie.

why do you think you know what pretentious means?

It's literally the most basic and straightforward film. Maybe you should stick to Cred Forums kiddo

It sounds like it was written by a 16 year old girl who smokes way too many cigarettes and has way too many Instagram followers. The movie got really exhausting about 2/3 of the way through.

Op didn't say post kino