Are animated features considered Film?

What animated feature could be considered Cred Forums worthy of being considered """Film"""" ?
Why do none of the "recommended film" lists include animated features? Are animated features not film?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JNG_Kn-m73M
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AnimationAgeGhetto
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because this isn't Cred Forums you Cred Forums ape.

Why would this fall in the film category? Isn't it an animated film, which is a separate category from actual film? I'm asking because someone I know is going to film school but the recommended movie list doesn't include any animated films. Is this normal?

I feel like I've seen 'Belladonna of Sadness' on a 'recommended film' list at some point or other.

>actual film
Now that most movies are shot digitally how do you define 'actual film?'

Cartoon =! animated feature. Take pic related for example. It was an animated feature but it is not a cartoon.

>Why would this fall in the film category?

...because it's a film?

youtu.be/JNG_Kn-m73M

If all animated films are films but not all films are animated. Then why is it that you hardly ever see an animated film on recommended watch lists in schools?

That is a great question. What separates a movie from a film? Everything shot digital is a movie and everything shot analogue is a film?

>Then why is it that you hardly ever see an animated film on recommended watch lists in schools?

because of the perception that animated = for kids?

film schools are a meme anyway.

no fuck off to Cred Forums you degenerate weeb, not a singtle anime in the history of ever can touch our kino catalogue

Now fuck off.

>someone I know is going to film school
Tell him to go to films instead

So it is true then? I just though he was going to a shitty school. But schools really think that animations are for kids? No wonder all we get is shit movies these days

Cred Forums knows about dynamic range, composition methods and production values and don't need buzzwords to pretend to discuss music
Cred Forums knows about graphical engines, level design, animation techniques and don't need buzzwords to pretend to discuss video games
/lit/ knows about narrative resources, stylistic resources and editorial constraints and don't need buzzwords to pretend to discuss literature
Cred Forums knows nothing about the art of cinema, it is the only board shit enough and so filled with idiots that they need buzzwords like kino to pretend to discuss film.

>But schools really think that animations are for kids?

This happens everywhere.

Like how rental shops would put Legend of the Overfiend and La Blue Girl in the kids section, because >animated.

I generally despite the snobbishness of Tvtropes, but the point is somewhat valid.

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AnimationAgeGhetto

Maybe because cinema is a very approachable art form. Still think that animations should be on the educational pallet though...

All animated features are films you stupid fucking retard.
Animation is a tool, not a genre.

#staydeluded

>Heavy Traffic
Why is this considered Bakshi's best work by so many people? I like it, but I think Coonskin did the urban cartoon thing just as well.

So not even film schools are aware that the art of animation is present in most movies? Things like visual effects and stop motion? Or are those movies not deep enough 4u to get a place in the education system?

Yes.

Well yeah dude
Every fucking retard from Cred Forums(people like you) with a toy that has a Netflix app thinks they're welcome to post here.

Exactly my point. Shouldn't film schools present you with all of the tools available? Snubbing fully animated films on a recommended list gets no one anywhere and just shows how pretentious the industry can be.

>mfw i found Ninja Scroll vhs on the cartoon kids section back in the day