Were you happy with the Blair Witch's design?

or should they not have shown her at all?

Cara's best role so far

It was too much of a generic monster design. They should have brought in whoever designed the Crones for Witcher 3

it looked a lot like the big guy from Grave Encounters 2

I really liked how it tied in with what the weird guy mentioned at the beginning. The part about how they stretched out the woman's arms and legs by tying rocks to them. It was a cool detail that I enjoyed.

Also, movie was so ridiculous at some points me and the girl I was with found ourselves actually laughing out loud at the absurdity of the situation. Why do modern day horror directors feel the need to have insane shock value moments just to make their movies "scary"?

because scaring an audience is really fucking hard. shock is easy

Most people laugh at some moments in horror films. Absurdity is a good word for it. It's not necessarily a bad thing or an accident.

It can be a good thing, but not at some of the points in this movie where it happened.

>Don't turn around, she can't get you if you don't look at her
>hey, kids, turn around
>immediately turn around and get taken
>entire audience laughs during climax of horror film

Not good.

isn't that the wall lady from deadly premonition?

for you

I thought the first shot of her was brilliant. That should have been the only time we see her.

>people actually arguing about NOT leaving the horror in the viewers imagination and showing some shitty monster

The reason the first movie is STILL unsurpassed.TODAY.

Wait, do they actually show the witch in the sequel? Fuck's sake like.

first post best post

The shot from the distance in the woods? I agree.

Yes you see her like twice. And you hear her stomping around a lot during the movie.

Stream where?

Savage

>upvoted
Yeah that would have been great also a play on expectations, you think you're going to start seeing her all over the place now but nope, that was it and it sticks with you

>Wide, open mouth monsters

Why does this trope exist

I thought the witch didn't really exist in the first movie? Like the real monster was the ghost of the serial killer who made kids sit in the corner, and the forest was haunted as a result of his influence. I never got the sense there was a single entity causing all the weird shit.

Why do any horror monster commonalities exist?

the horror genre is fucking dead

nobody has done anything interesting in over 20 years, at least in hollywood, and in the film medium. the future of horror is in ARGs

Kek

I find this really odd. You'd think something like this would be a hit at the box office given the marketing. I mean even movies like Lights Out and Don't Breathe, which don't have any association with a horror franchise made a killing.

I was also thrown by the negative reviews, not because I don't agree with them, but because early reactions seemed to indicate this movie was going to be the next big thing in horror. I think even one early review said the film would "wreck you" with terror but the movie just ended up being a standard found footage movie.

If they wanted good reviews they should have made it an all-female reboot

They blew their load too early. It they kept the original title until launch, word of mouth alone might have saved them. It might have been the IT thing this weekend and the next, no the "oh yeah I remember that happened" thing

HERE IS THE WITCH

literally looks like the witch from left 4 dead

what did she look like?

>vertical photos

The witch on the left would have been perfect

see

kek

i actually thought the witch we saw in the VVITCH was pretty fucking creepy. just and old hag with warts and and weird disproportionate body

Did they copy that scene from The Descent?

The "Ghostmonster is just hanging out in the ambience" thing has been around since forever.

This movie is still spooky as fuck after all these precisely because that's where all the modern ambience to jumpscare tricks come from.

Pure kino.

its literally the bitch in the penthouse from REC.

Was it mo-cap or practical or what? I know probably impossible to tell

a wide open mouth is alarming since it looks like an animal roaring or about to bite you

thats the spirit

Welp. No need to torrent the movie then.

Because it worked in The Mummy back in the 90s, and hollywood can't into new ideas.