Was Jerry rich?

Was Jerry rich?

In the show I mean

Other urls found in this thread:

gizmodo.com/the-last-time-apple-sold-an-obscenely-overpriced-gadget-1691787901
kennykramer.com/reservation1.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Rich enough to buy his parents a cadillac twice and fly back and forth between NY and Florida a couple times

I just watched an episode where he paid between 400-1000 dollars for a jacket that looked like something a bum would wear

I'd say yes

He probably got his apartment at a great rate lock thanks to rent control, so he saved the rest of his money (from being the hardest working comic in the biz) for his little pleasures.

The Caddy would be a big purchase but air travel is relatively cheap from NY to FLA.

For some reason on the show they tried to explain it that he had been on the Tonight Show once. But his income seems to be from only doing stand-up which would mean he's poor.

no

but he made a decent living. plus rent control.

>doing stand-up means you're poor

No. Just means you're not uber rich.

He's portrayed as a widely known comedian and he's a Jew, he's got money. Elaine has high paying jobs, as does George with the Yankees. Kramer is the only one who doesn't make sense.

could you imagine how fucking awful it would be to have "friends" that just come over every day and use your shit

He was definitely well off. There was that one check he got that was giant, he might have been considered rich after he got that one.

isn't there an episode where he shows Kramer the check from his gig and Kramer is disgusted by how much it is. those comics make thousands a night in those places. Jerry did very well.

Spotted the european. Why do you hate friends brah?

I remember there's an episode where he alludes to having a lot of money and Elaine gets all hot for him

Kramer is obviously the jewiest of the group and mooches off of everyone.

Kramer is the only one of the group that isn't a Jew

elaine wasn't a jew i think

Kramer is the only one that really isn't implied to be Jewish. He should not be able to afford what he has. You expect his money to be from lawsuits or something. He's the Phoebe of Seinfeld.

mooches and probably does silly schemes off camera

that's the"joke", that the mooch is a goy.
the show was written by jews after all.

Neither was George

Kramer always has some sort of scheme going on for money and mooches off Jerry for everything else and doesn't have a lot of expenses otherwise, he always wears the same old clothes for instance

well he did own a special imac that cost $10,000

gizmodo.com/the-last-time-apple-sold-an-obscenely-overpriced-gadget-1691787901

What happened to Phoebe at the end of Friends? All I remember is she was a common liberal slut stuck in a California hippie mindset.

He was affluent

The show came out at the height of a stand up comedy boom, and it was implied he went on the road on weekends. Jerry would have been clearing a couple hundred thousand a year in the late 80s

Is there anywhere hi-res pics of Elaine with glasses?

Hollywood will never portray a poor jew on tv.

Do you even bother using google before making threads like these? Or even watching the show?
It's implied again and again, through dialogue and action, that Jerry is a recently successful comedian in the first season, who becomes more successful over the course of the show.

She married Paul Rudd, whose family had a lot of money.

rather, pheobe is attempting to be the Kramer of friends.. sad show really, aside from Jennifers face

>Charlie Chaplin

I think they see a check from one of his gigs

what a fraud rent control is

Right but didn't he exhaust his expenses while down in del poca vista requiring him to sleep in the cadillac?

Great two episode hahaha

>Kramer is the only one who doesn't make sense.

Kramer is based on the real life Kenny Kramer though. He's as sketchy irl as Kramer was on the show too. Looks like he makes his money suing people, including Seinfeld for defamation, and being shady af in general.

Poor guy.

DRUG DEALER

In show show he was a pretty famous comedian. He went on talk shows and was on TV. He was also able to buy car(s)? for his parents. And he lived alone in NYC in a pretty big apartment.

Most sitcom characters are.

no
if he was ellaine would be fucking him regularly.

Elaine isn't jewish is she?

It's implied her father is russian joo

George was
jewish so was kramer
Its all in the episode where George trys to convert for that girl

yeah, that's the one

No it isn't. Her father is in the second season. He's some old white guy who thinks Jerry is a fag.

I can't remember if he actually finished converting to latvian orthodox

>this guy
>russian jew

pardon?

i think kramer interrupted his conversion

I remember, the ruined leather jacket.

But you are absolutely right. Not sure where exactly I got this from.

>tfw he's actually running the Kramer "Reality" tour
kennykramer.com/reservation1.html

what phoebe from charmed? what the fuck are you talking about bro?

In one of the episodes they explained he lucked out with a large inheritance from a dead relative that's why he never has to work or anything.

Well it's new York, there is always that guy who lives in a nice place and has an ok life even tho he doesn't work and nobody knows where the money comes from in new York

Phoebe from Friends you retard. Phoebe from Charmed had a job.

He's a touring comic (as opposed to a road comic)
Anyway doing a big show can net a lot of money

That being said...Jerry was never shown doing stand up to a huge audience

My guess was he was average successful early on (he was too poor to afford cable in the first season) and then later on became pretty famous (has an agent and travels around the country doing stand up/ appeared on late night and had a tv deal)

>that episode where jerry paid two bums 1000 bucks go fuck each other while he watched

Show got weird after larry david left

>Elaine
She had shiksa -appeal which means she wasn't Jewish

>George
His parents are Italian and mentions switching to Greek Orthodox though he is Catholic (dad didn't like Christmas though)

>Kramer
Not sure ...mentions not being Jewish when he was working the "Jewish singles" meet up at Knights of Columbus (where Frank was a member which is a catholic organization). Though he might have meant he didn't practice Judaism and not that he wasn't Jewish by heritage

Jerry was Jewish and so was kramers never seen friend (orthodox , real deal)

Not sure about Newman. Don't think it ever came up. He was a mailman so he was probably not a jew

Newman was WASP. He'd be alt right as fuck today, hated Jews which is why he and Jerry hated each other

>that episode where he spray painted "go home kike" on Jerry's door

>>that episode where he spray painted "go home kike" on Jerry's door

Oh fuck I almost forgot about that. Is that the same episode where Jerry found the word 'juden' carved into his leather seats of his Saab?

The caddy was from one big paycheck

>alt right
There is that meme again, plz fuck off

How come sitcoms revolve around affluent people and not poor plebs?

I think there is more comedic value of poor people.

Roseanne was about a working class family

Nah fuck that. They would throw shit out of the house and break shit all the time, but then the next day, they'd have new shit like nothing ever happened.

Thanks for the keks senpai

Yeah haha get the fuck out.
haha

Bad continuity doesn't mean they weren't lower class.

No, he wasnt

They distinctly say he's catholic, you dingus

>hahaha

Fuck you

its a joke because he and his parents are the most jewish people on earth

George is not Jewish in the show even though Larry David is a Jew and he's written as a Jew from a Jewish family. The costanzas were Italians and probably catholic. Elaine was some kind of WASP from Baktimore. Kramer was Kramer.

Because poverty actually puts restrictions on what you can do, which puts restrictions on the writers.

Writers, especially for a sitcom, where you ideally want to crank out hundreds of episdoes, you don't want to be caught in the logistics of "OK, how do we get Jerry to Long Island? He doesn't have a car, and the LIRR closes at 8 out there?"