Was it better than the first one?

Was it better than the first one?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fs_Qhmiz40E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes, anyone that says no is reddit

Not at all.
They added a story that was completely pointless.
Now that we know that Rama is the main character, there is absolutely zero tension.
And the best part of the entire movie is a deleted scene.
youtube.com/watch?v=fs_Qhmiz40E

why did the cop have his revolver on his right when hes left handed? is that why this didnt make the movie?

He's ambidextrous.

Yes.

>Now that we know that Rama is the main character, there is absolutely zero tension.
This, that was the one thing that made raid great (aside from obvious choreography, but thats a dime a dozen) is the fact you didn't know what the fuck was going on the entire movie, you couldn't decipher any movie tropes out of it.

Nope. There's exploding bags of cocaine though.

No.

The Raid 2 only highlighted the director's shortcomings. Simple but effective action movies are his thing. Sprawling narratives are not.

I really enjoyed the choreography, but alot of that enjoyment probably comes from the camera work.
Makes the fights seem more realistic and brutal.

This is fucking retarded, i see why it was deleted

It had better action but all of the stuff that isnt action is kind of bloated and brings the film down. Redemption is sleek, lean, and mean and its lack of a complex narrative is a plus. Redemption is better.

>Now that we know that Rama is the main character

Are you brain damaged? Did people not know this while watching the first one? The early scenes with the wife and his training cements him as the main character.

We knew he was the main character, but since it takes place in asia, all characters look the same.
Couple that with the action scenes where you usually cant tell who's fighting and you got a confusing fight that is basically just cops vs bad guys.

Am I being baited?

this statement is just stupid.

the prison scenes were fucking ace.
only thing i didnt like were the two animu brothers...way too otaku for the film.

I'm sure you all look like unique special snowflakes Kim Lee.

What was he trying to convey? Is this anger? Is this disgust? Did he stuff his mouth with a really sour lemon?

No.
The Raid was an unique movie for being so limited, the sequel didn't understand that.
Even if we compare them as completely different movies, the sequel still has those anime-tier characters like hammer girl or baseball guy which are pants-on-head retarded.

You mean the guy with the bat and hammer girl?

I liked Baseball boy.

The fight scenes are more ambitious, and they're amazing. It's a great action film.

But I agree with other posters that the plot/character elements of the script are cliched and tedious. It kind of makes a half-assed attempt at framing it all as commentary on violent Indonesian politics, which felt like kind of a boneheaded move given that we're all here to ENJOY beautifully choreographed violence. Compared to the first movie, it's a bit of a mess.

But the fight scenes are still the main focus of the movie, and on the strength of those scenes I'd still recommend it to anyone

>implyng those arer bad point

you people have shit taste

part 2 was awesome

>hurr give me the ball durr
Embarrassing.