Suicide Squad Passes Captain America: The Winter Soldier At Worldwide Box Office

>In Release: 45 days
>Worldwide: $718,882,332

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2016/05/06/ben-affleck-executive-producing-justice-league-will-assist-with-rewrites/#5405d05a34ce
youtube.com/watch?v=uY7zSB8Ud5o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>marvelcucks on suicide watch

B-but Cred Forums says it needs a 1b if not it's a flop!!

It still needs $800 trillion domestically just to cover the marketing costs, DCuck.

Who cares about capeshit, you pathetic manchildren need to watch real movies

All this faggot board does is move goal posts so it doesn't matter.

honka honka?

just wait DCucks until KANGZ comes out

Go watch south park, person under the age of 25.

Inb4 goalposts

HONKA HONKA

What if SS makes more than GotG? What happens then, Cred Forums?

Yeah like green room or neon demon or whatever else movie this board tells you to watch that has a torrent out.
You know jack fucking shit about movies.

They spent 7 gorillion marketting it, though.

silly anons, they needed 2 quintillion dollars & 3 cents to break even for just the marketing

What's everyone's predictions for Wonder Woman?

I reckon 650 worldwide, maybe 750 If it gets China and Japan

Which reminds me, SS still has to release in Japan on Tuesday

It's already passed GotG if you take China out of the equation, where SS hasnt secured release and is very likely not to at this point

I'm more of a DC person but I honestly can't wait for his movie. His suit was pretty cool.

Seriously. I barely saw any ads for WS

I think it'll get around 600 million.
The good thing is that it only cost 100 million to make.

350 million

It needs 2 billion dollars just to cover the catering budget, it's a flop.

It's the biggest cinematic flop in recent history.

Marvel never had a fucking chance

DC's first GOOD movie will be wipe them the fuck out

That's pleb shit, I have the most patrician taste on this board, none of you faggots can compare.

WW will be DCs First Avenger, lowest grossing, but will set up a lot of lore

Later this year Dr. Strange grosses more than SS and the cycle begins anew

Now with more Dan Harmon quips!

Reminder

>First 3 Marvel films
1.4 billion on 450 mil budget
>First 3 DC films
2.3 billion on 625 mil budget

That crap wont even clear 500$ dumbass

> pissed off the SJWs
No chance

Aren't people excited for Eggs Benedict?

So do we want a gritty Ayer's macho action sequel
Or
A campy quipfest sequel?

Something a bit more grounded would be good

>Fine, fanboys, you win—for now. Suicide Squad opened to a record-breaking $131.5 million at the domestic box office, besting the previous record-holder for biggest August opening weekend of all time, Guardians Of The Galaxy, by more than $40 million. What’s more, the film received an average B+ CinemaScore from viewers overall and an A- from female viewers, confusing the hell out of publications (like The A.V. Club) that spent the last week furiously pounding out essays about how gross it is that Margot Robbie’s Harley Quinn spends most of the movie in spangled short-shorts and a jacket that says “Property of the Joker” on the back.

>The film did plummet 40 percent from Friday night—when all the biggest superhero fans presumably saw it, took selfies in front of the cardboard cutout in the lobby, and raved to the guy in the polo shirt holding the iPad how great it was afterwards—to Saturday, and then saw another 20 percent drop from Saturday to Sunday. So maybe critics’ vitriol will be proven right in the end.

>only 800

Nice try dcuck

>SJWs mattering

Are you not seeing the Suicide Squad performance?

It needed 4.1 billion dollars just to cover the cost of Leto's performance.

I want to see the script that was pitched to Tom Hardy and Jared.

Marvels fans are SJWs user, keep up

His face on a poster is worth $233 million dollars.

Star Trek Into Darkness got a $100 million bump with him as villain

He's fine

>Black Widow movie never
>doesn't matter because Cap/Bucky are in homo love

>imblying brand loyalty fans represent a big share of the audience

they molded the movie for chinese box office success by removing Tibetan roots.

That's literally the argument against why BvS not making 1bil was a big deal lad

what?

Brand loyalty dictates that anything with Batman in it should hit 1bil box office bud

That has nothing to do with DC or Marvel, but with Batman's recognition

Most people don't even know if Batman is DC or Marvel

>they molded the movie for chinese box office
They could've never done it with SS, literally remove two characters.

>Batman Begins

60 bucks the main villain will be a white capitalist.

>Most people don't even know if Batman is DC or Marvel
Are you bullshitting?

The Batma brand bud. Keep up

>why aren't Batman and Superman in the Avengers?

Not that guy, but no.
Most people don't know or care what company a hero is from.

I'm talking about "Marvel fans" and "DC fans"

Whether they like the movies or not is almost irrelevant, the biggest part of the audience isn't made of those

So it doesn't matter if "Marvel fans are SJWs" in relation to Dr. Strange.

Only two bat movies crossed 1b though

Also, a huge part of the Harley Quinn fans are SJWs, and they were anticipating SS, and they hated the movie of course, but it didn't matter

Hard competition and despite all the memeing and marlelcucking, barely any brand value. 400M WW tops screencap this shit

>DCucks are this fucking delusional
Honestly DC fan boys must be the saddest people on earth. Defend this failed universe has to be tough, because there is not a single stat that supports you.

I'll just leave this here. As the title says, it's the inflation adjusted figures, sourced from Box Office Mojo.

Inflation adjusted, SS needs to score another $10 million to beat WS.

Doctor Strange is predicted to have Ant-Man level numbers.

And only one of those two really deserved it.

>image.jpg

>Inflation adjusted, SS needs to score another $10 million to beat WS.
So next week.

Since I was wrong about SS, I would say 500 million tops if it's a hit

But considering the competition, the much lower trailer views than BvS and SS, the last minute rewriters and very likely reshoots because of the 180 they did after BvS (they kept saying the movie would be dark and now they are trying to make it bright and hopeful, in fucking WWI), and the fact that China probably doesn't give a fuck about a WWI movie... I doubt it

>inflation adjusted

Reminder that SS needs to make 930 million to show the same legs as GotG

And also more than 333 million domestic

>DC friends get annihilated by facts so they instantly resort to spouting memes and nonsense

You guys should have said "kino" a few times for good measure.

>image.jpg

iphone child pls

Well it cost 175 million to make. Ad budget is usually cost and a half, Add a few million for intangibles

It would need at least $450 million to break even.

Which is a lot more than Ghostbuster made

Well, the facts are here. SS is actually doing great.

>It's already passed GotG if you take China out of the equation

The fact is SS has already made more than GotG not counting China and against the critics

Inflation is highly relevant...

All the same, here's a list of MCU movies SS has bested to date:

>Iron Man
>The Incredible Hulk
>Iron Man 2
>Thor
>CA: The First Avenger
>Thor: The Dark World
>Ant-Man

It's also beaten Superman Returns (not surprisingly) and Man Of Steel...

Go to BoxOfficeMojo and do the math yourself.

That's impressive but sad. I keep hoping for these superhero movies to fail so they will stop making them but even the shittiest make money somehow.

Burden of proof is on you shit dick

GOTG
>Worldwide: $773,312,399 (China: $96,470,000)
>In Release: 175 days

SS
>Worldwide: $718,882,332 (no China)
>In Release: 45 days

still shit though

GREAT! Now WB knows they can fuck every movie all they want to please the retarded audiences and make more money!

Just like GotG then

If you're too lazy to do basic arithmetic, no amount of characters on a screen are going to convince you, so you can suck a dick.

>dcucks have to pick on a unknown D-tier franchise to feel relevant
>Batman,The Joker and Will Fucking smith can't bail out DC movies

Again just sad.

>dcucks have to pick on a unknown D-tier franchise to feel relevant

see:
SS has also made more than Batman Begins.

This. Everybody loves JL, nobody gives two fucks about The Avengers.

>mfw just saw a group of people wearing Marvel shirts jumping off the bridge into the river

Marvelcucks literally killing themselves since Suicide Squad despite horrendous reviews are obliterating the Box Office for over a month and still making money.

Marvel BTFO

Transformers 4
>Worldwide:$1,104,054,072
Shit movies like SS can make money. Still doesn't that it isn't shit.

Who said otherwise? CW made money too, after all.

>GUYS EVERY THING IS GOING FUCKING GREAT

>SO GREAT IN FACT THAT WE ARE GOING TO FIRE ZACH SNYDER SOON

Is Tranaformers 4 suppose to be considered significantly worse than Disney CapeShit?

????
why would i be sad if a franchise i like less does well?

I've seen it 3 times. Ironically.

They won't do that as long as his wife is still a higher up there.

Does Time Travel getting introduce late in a franchise spell doom?

Other TMNT 3: Turtles In Time and the inevitable failure of "Transformers 4: King Arthur's Lamborghini", I can't even think of other times producers were dumb enough to try this...

>they havent fired him yet
>hes directing a 250M movie right now

B-but all those """"'flops"""""!!!!

Zach's movies suck, except for Watchman. He's the M Night Shyamalan of CGI Blockbusters. One mega hit has let him make 8 more terrible movies. It's sad.

You are now aware, that if, as predicted by the industry, Doctor Strange does Ant-Man level numbers, both the DCEU and MCU will have practically identical box office for 2016...

>CA:CW + Doctor Strange = $1.681 billion
>BvS + SS = $1.591 billion

Again, China would've pushed the DCEU to equal status.

Large boats fake a long time to turn around.

Just because someone hasn't died of terminal cancer doesn't mean it won't kill them.

And no none of the DC movies have flopped. But you are having mediocre showing with the two most popular characters in the world.

>was supposed to direct JL2
>not anymore
>Johns and Affleck rewritting JL1

Who cares, I'm getting my Harley Quinn movie. Thanks Skwad.

>admitting to being a gigantic faggot

why?

Superman is not that popular, returns was the first sup movie since forevee and it flopped.

Alsi Batman has been rebooted like 4 times in our lifetimes, it took less tjan that to kill Spiderman

you lose 60 bucks because its a black guy named Erik Killmonger who is from Wakanda.

[b]HONKA HONKA![/b]

You can't put "monger" on the end of a black guy's name. That's racist.

>two most popular characters in the world.

I think you're confusing cultural exposure with popularity. "Superman" as a character as well as several related terms are literally a part of our language. That, however, does not directly correlate with popularity.

In fact, one could argue that, by virtue of his degree of cultural ubiquity, one has to struggle uphill against a mountain of preconceptions just to bring him to the big screen. I for one, happen to think that Zack and his team of writers are keenly aware of the niches Batman, Superman. and other associated characters occupy within the cultural landscape and use that to craft tales that illustrate some rather unlovely truths about ourselves.

Is Bin confirmed to be rewriting JL?

>mfw it surpasses Deadpool

Suicide Squad's marketing budget was $150 million, which is about average/below average for a movie this size. In fact, the production's overall budget (production + marketing) of $320 million is relatively cheap compared to other summer blockbusters. For comparison, Guardians of the Galaxy cost $232.3 million BEFORE marketing. The general rule of thumb for blockbuster films is that the marketing budget is roughly the same as the production budget, which would (theoretically, although Disney remains tight lipped about the marketing costs on this one) put Guardian's of the Galaxy's total costs at well over $400 million. By that metric, Suicide Squad has been more profitable than GotG even if you DON'T factor out the extra $90ish million it made in China.

>being this butthurt

and not one Evansposter in sight either

I love when Marlelfags use meme accounting because if you apply the same to Marvel...pretty much only a couple of their movies made profit for Disney...top kek

No, it's Terrio again, but this time David S. Goyer is not involved at all. He got kicked off of BvS, but appealed it with the WGA and won, meaning much of his script remained in the finished product.

>Strawmanning

Why would you be happy a bad movie is making money? Wouldn't a real DC fan want, you know, actual good movies?

Funny how nobody ever mentions Disney's marketing costs.

eh...if it works for Marvelfags...

Except those are well made movies.

>DC/Warner Brothers thinks Suicide Squad is a hit because of their meddling
>they cut Justice League up just as bad and throw in as many unnecessary introduction songs and "pony fetish" gags as they can

Even when we win, we lose.

Simply put, you have a low cinematic IQ, or some sort of Stockholm Syndrome, from overexposure to bland, safe, PC and soulless mass-produced blockbusters, which has conditioned you into accepting the absolute lowest common denominator standards in filmmaking, writing and cinematography as somehow acceptable, when you should in fact feel nothing but contempt or disgust for any Kevin Feige-conceived product.

Even strictly in the field of capeshit entertainment, where the bar has always been pretty low, since they're primarly a children media, the level of genuine quality and creative abilities (which comes from studios giving freedom to an auteur with a strong personality and vision towards the material) has kept dropping since the 90's.

When Raimi's Darkman/Spider-Man, Del Toro's Blade 2/Hellboy, Burton's Batman 2 or Bird's The Incredibles offered innovative and playful set pieces, meaningful and relevant themes, each with a very distinct, appropriate tone and truly cinematic aesthetics (simply compare the lighting or editing to today's equivalents), none of these qualities are to be found in Avengers or any of the previous MCU entries. This is why Edgar Wright got fired from Ant-Man. This is why Feige keeps hiring visionless point-and-shoot directors who come from TV or comedy, colorblind cinematographers and art/set design teams who seem to be in love with grey, sterile hangars for some unexplainable reason. Action scenes are now being conceived by CGI teams months before the movie begins shooting and all follow the exact same formula.

Even as a child, I couldn't imagine being dazzled or amused by those turds, as they're utterly devoid of any charm, colors, magic or imagination.

who cares how much the movie makes? it was shit. if anything, it's a bad thing - the studio will think it doesn't have to make decent movies to make money. just make it loud + colorful + superhero cameos = $$$

hahahahahaaha...

>beat Winter Soldier

ehem, whwre the fuck are your Laughing Evans now marvelfaggots?

>Avengers 2 makes less than first
>Captain America + Iron Man + Spiderman makes less than Iron Man

Its painfully clear Marvel support is dwindling.

Youre fucking finished Marvel

Are you autism?

pasta aside, that image is golden.
also
the pasta is on point.

Uh-huh. Okay DCfag.

Can we at least make the factual distinction that Burton and Nolan Batman movies aren't in any way connected to the DCU?

I can't wait for it to come on bluray so I can make a cinegrid of it

Not as such, true, but they're all still properties owned by Warner Bros,, aren't they?

These movies look so fucking good...i really don't get why Marvel NEVER even tries.

Saw someone post this one the other day and really liked it.

Those are better alternatives

Because DC has actual filmmakers instead of hack corporate "directors" with absolutely no visual style or flair

Well I guess all the shit DC pulled was successful, they pulled a Deadpool. Too bad any sequels will flop since most people didn't enjoy it and only watched it because of marketing and big name actors.

I really don't give a shit either way.
I hardly make any money off those films.

>female lead
~300 million

In the end DC wont see the same profits as Marvel because none of their heroes are as marketable for toys and other gimmicks...

LEGS
E
G
S

It has also beaten Winter Soldier by now.

> none of their heroes are as marketable for toys and other gimmicks
>TOP 100 COMIC BOOKS Based on Total Unit Sales of Products August 2016
> 1. HARLEY QUINN #1 [*] (DC)
> 2. ALL STAR BATMAN #1 [*] (DC)
> 3. SUICIDE SQUAD #1 [*] (DC)
> 4. AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #16 (MAR)
> 5. SUICIDE SQUAD REBIRTH #1 [*] (DC)

I read someone calling them sexy legs.

Marvel is literally getting beat by a girl in the comic department. An unhinged, battered wife, to be precise.

Marvel Comics just serves as a clickbait/PR to promote their movies. I'm counting down the days when one of those Marvel comic fem leads they've been pushing punches a Trump analog just to get a days worth of press.

>Trying to argue that Superman and Batman aren't popular

What a time to be alive

It won't beat Deadpool as far as profitability goes.

Remember, Deadpool basically made 10x it's production budget. To put that in perspective, Batman v Superman would have had to make 2.5 billion to reach that level of profitability.

I suspect that's part of the reason why Skwad was suddenly trying to come across as a Deadpool ripoff in marketing.

Quit the bullshit. Superman and Batman always ranked as the most popular characters. Spiderman is always top three with them as well.

>toys

It's confirmed

forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2016/05/06/ben-affleck-executive-producing-justice-league-will-assist-with-rewrites/#5405d05a34ce

>

Mark Hughes , CONTRIBUTOR
I write about films, especially superhero films, & Hollywood.

Opinions expressed by Forbes Contributors are their own.
Ben Affleck — who portrays Batman in Warner Bros.’ current superhero release Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and will reprise the role in Suicide Squad later this year, as well as in next year’s Justice League: Part 1 movie — has moved into the role of executive producer of the Justice League project. Affleck will also assist screenwriter Chris Terrio in rewrites to the Justice League script, partly to help better align the Justice League film with Affleck’s solo Batman project

youtube.com/watch?v=uY7zSB8Ud5o

>Last 3 DC films
>2.3 billion on 625 mil budget
>Last 3 MCU films
>3.1 billion on 700 mil budget

I bet he doesn't even stand during the national anthem.

BTFO

Currently Harley Quinn is the most popular.

DC had Will Smith, Ben Affleck

Black Panther #1 was the most sold comic of the year so far

This film actually sucked, I banged the whole way through it and wasn't interested at all.

& Marvel had the Quiptastic RDJ, Samuel L Jackson, & ScarJo in tight leather. your point?

I stand corrected
It was outsold by Batman and Batman was outsold by Civil War II

lol no, it was most ordered copy from comic book stores, because they had to order variant cover copies & had to buy x copies of BP for 1 Star Wars comic which was what everyone wanted anyway. All just so they could get a puff piece on CBR for being the champions of diversity.

The best PR money could buy I guess.

>it was just the most ordered because of some gimmick

You realize that it's still money coming in, right?

Either way, I corrected myself

literally copypasta. kill yourself

>You realize that it's still money coming in, right?
only by jew foolery by Marvel Comics utilizing Star Wars hype in their favor. BP is just a shelf warmer.

And now Harley and SS are dominating.

Where did he mention Batman's popularity, faggot? He was talking about Superman. Made some damn good points about him too.

Didn't outsell BP, Batman or Civil War II

>the last minute rewriters and very likely reshoots
There are no reshoots, the cast have moved on

Looks like dogshit. If you want to talk about niggers Luke Cage is the only marvel shit this year that looks like it could be good.

CW had Captain America, Iron Man and Spider-Man and still didn't manage to beat Iron Man 3. Your point is irrelevant.

>Harley and Friends ft. The Joker as a guest star beats Avengers 2.5

How could this happen?

he was bretty gud in civil war

the setting alone of high tec in a jungle of tribesmen is refreshing alone

really sick of city block carnage

>Winter Soldier
>Avengers 2.5

retard

Kill yourself.

I think he's talking about civil war...

It hasn't and won't.

keep crying

OP is about SS passing Winter Soldier

She is though.

Oh, then op is retarded comparing a march release to a summer movie.

SS has the legs to do more than BvS domestically.

If it had China, oh boy.

She literally isn't.

Well there's Japan. It opens up this Tuesday but they probably won't gain much from them.

BvS grossed 16M in Japan
I expect a little less
around 10-15M

Nearly kills all capeshit. Occupying landfill 3 months after theatrical release.

BOM already shows 6.6M for Japan. It get a limited release already or something?

just checked
apparently it debuted September 10 in Japan

not sure if limited or user simply mixed up his info

Honestly, I'm guessing this wont make a lot of money since China hates black protagonists. Look how The Force Awakens flopped over there

The movie is such fucking garbage. I pirated it. Who is going to the theaters to see this garbage?

non-basement dwellers

Anyone got more pics of Enchantress? I love the dirty look Carla has throughout the movie.

I saw returns in theaters w some buds, all of us were disappointing due to JL/bats & supes adventures.

MoS was flawed but a step in the right direction by being an action flick.

I got this one. It was my favorite Enchantress moment along with the meeting room scene.

what gotg didn't even make 800m

This. It is also the worse cape flick I have seen, yet normies love it. WTF

the fact that you're a basement dweller doesn't automatically mean you have good taste and vice-versa

sorry to pop your bubble

Man, I thought Enchantress was such a fucking cutie when she had the whole swampy look with the smoke and embers, then they went and ruined it with that ridiculous outfit and hairdo she got later on.

Yeah, worse movies sometimes do make more.

Legit hyped for black panther, ryan coogler track record so far is great and boseman blew the other bland marvel actors out of the water in civil war

I was happy when it came back at the end. Also, is this look an homage to Metropolis?

Ditto

ha

really makes you think

Aquaman vs Black Panther

The dawn of capekino

Indeed.

Enchantress: Now they worship machines, so I will build a machine that will destroy them all.

This is w/o China?

Wow.. really makes you think.

This is literally proof that meme marketing works
Just look at deadpool as another example

& DC had quiptastic Eisenberg, Irons & Margot Robbie in tight skimpy and wet clothing, your point?

Maybe its just time to admit we were all wrong about Suicide Squad - maybe our standards are all too high as fans, people got what they wanted out of it on average, you can't get 720million without a lot of repeat viewings and if Word of Mouth was that bad it could have easily died at 500 million, so obviously a lot of people said it was good to their friends.

Was it really that bad btw? I really didn't notice most of the editing mistakes that people called mistakes, I enjoyed Harley and Deadshot quite a bit, there was a lot of shit blown up good, the Joker scenes were disappointing but he could have potential, I am just saying.

We don't have to like it but its not worse then say, Transformers. Its not a 2/10 or anything like that.

Really don't get the internets pure rage at this doing well, its actually not the cinematic abortion most people are saying. Its just ok but since its DC people feel like it needs to give them literal orgasms.

No its a garbage movie

>thinking transformers having a built in audience makes it a good movie
>thinking Transformers is good

sales does not mean a movie is good,

and thats without china.

>if you take China out of the equation
Why would you?

Because DC's not altering their storylines just to pander to them?

I'm assuming Dr. Strange is going to get a pass on magic and time travel because they wrote out Tibet.

>Because DC's not altering their storylines just to pander to them?
That seems irrelevant to the whole "how much money did they make" question.

Pretty relevant when you're discussing a market that excludes films based solely on their own retarded ideology. What's wrong with a market-by-market comparison?

DC has the most iconic superheroes along the most popular villains, your point now?

>this movie made more money than the movie I liked so I'm just not going to count the money it made here so that way the movie I liked made more money even when it really didn't!
That's what's wrong with it. Don't do that, it's petty.

That's not what anyone is saying but you. Grow the fuck up.

>That's not what anyone is saying but you
You're the one who wanted to disregard the Chinese market, but okay?

And you're the one defending a company so scared of offending China that they wouldn't even make a villain named "The Mandarin" Chinese. Really sit back and let that sink in for a moment.

I don't think I defended that Mandarin shit at any point, can you show me the post where I said that was an okay thing to do?
Thanks.

No, I've only got posts of you rationalizing away the fairness of a market-by-market comparison and acting like a child. Reference any post you please.

>market-by-market comparison
You never made this. You just removed the Chinese market to make the movie of your favorite company appear to have made more. Which is dumb and fallacious.
Bye now.

Don't retreat so quickly. Show me another market where one got play and the other didn't and I'll gladly exclude that one, too, regardless of whose side it favors.

Who gives a shit, it was a massive pile of shit that even most DC fans I talked to didn't like.

Why the fuck are you going to have your company wars over such schlock, at least argue over half decent movies ffs.

>Disney's marketing costs.
None of these numbers really mean anything and they are all skewed to fuck and back.

Look at production and marketing for lets say Star Wars

Lots of the FX are done by ILM (owned by Disney) and the audio work is done by THX (owned by Disney) So Disney are paying themselves to work on their own movie. They charge top dollar so they can go to investors and say it cost top dollar to make. They then advertise on ABC (owned by Disney) and in books like Marvel comics (owned by Disney) and again charge top dollar to themselves so at the end of the day they can say the movie cost $400m to make (when over half of that was paying themselves) and when they pay back investors they are only paying back on their inflated cost so their profits seem minimal.
This is why a "flop" can be profitable and a movie that breaks even can get greenlit for a sequel. This is also why movies that do well can get canned if they aren't for a major studio. because they couldn't cheat the books as much (ie. Dredd).

good, i want Marvel desperate so i can get an Iron Man 4