>one day bored, surfing netflix
>come across it
>eh, mite b cool.jpg
>Its wonderful

What does Cred Forums think of Amadeus?

Top kino.

Long and boring, just being honest.

AMADEUS AMADEUS

>I enjoy capekino and cannot place my emotions into any other characters than superheroes or cartoon villains.
wew lad stop being so non white

Not enough quips or guys in colorful suits punching each other? It's alright. Not everyone is smart enough to watch a film that isn't explosions.

I enjoyed it. I got pretentious and watched the shorter PG theatrical cut though.

I have a feeling I should have just with the R rated Blu Ray cut.

The theatrical cut is superior.

you missed out on some nice titties

Oh. Well then I definitely liked it, but Cred Forums probably overhyped it.

This movie used to be super popular around here.

I think the ending is shit and WOLFIEE ugh.

Other than that though, great.

It's a fucking masterpiece. The creative use of accents was subtle and cool.

kino gold but don't watch it in one sitting cuz its pretty long and theres only so many frames the human brain can take in at once

Same kinda happened to me. I saw the run time and I thought I would sleep before the movie ended. Movie was fucking great.

maybe im not smart enough but why does mozart's wife have such a obvious american accent? Was this a deliberate choice made by the director or was it just overlooked?

Top kino
Constanze tits are goat

>ending is shit
Why?

I haven't seen it in a while but I remember the end being Old Salieri being wheeled around the asylum saying to the other patients something along the lines of " Bless you, Salieri, king of mediocrity blesses you!" and then fading to black as we hear Mozart's obscene giggle one last time.

I thought it was fucking perfect.

its good

salieri did nothing wrong

It took me a few viewings before it really sunk in. I'm an oldfag who remembers it being in the rotation on HBO and Cinemax, so I had it playing in the background for much of my youth.

American accents: the king, Mozart, and his wife - all representatives of a more progressive future.

Italian Accents: the stodgy, easily offended composers of the court - all representatives of the past.

English accents: Salieri and the King's man - representatives of the present status quo.

Also, the American accents all happen to replace what would have otherwise been German accents, which served to make them appear as the prevalent culture in which the film takes place.

Who else literally salieri here?

The posters for the play intrigued me. I never got to see it in the theater, but the movie was good.

I absolve you, Cred Forums

Great kino. One of my favs.

Too Hollywood at times; the very opening features a comedic pair of servants eating cupcakes. The tone feels a bit all over the place, but other than that it is a rather delightful movie.

Actual film discussion...ON MY Cred Forums??

How?

That's a big quote.

Change is in the air.
/film/ has galvanized the oldfags.

Salieri died a virgin

DUDE FART NOISE LMAO

>reply chaining
Fuck off faggot.

I'm . When I make these same observations about certain more cape-oriented fare, they're dismissed as coincidence. I don't disagree with you, though. This board should discuss films for their artistic and even technical merit and leave petty rivalries at the door.

>they're dismissed as coincidence
Because capefriends are too hostile to have discussions with.

If you're the BvS analyzer, I like your posts.
Great film imo.

dude just shut the fuck up

why do you have to relate everything to marvel?

Are dc drones this fucking salty?

Not even the guy you responded to but damn.

Anyway, I loved Amadeus. It doesnt take itself too seriously, but it is still a great historical piece and an essential piece of the music and history genres.

Only thing that I didnt like was some of the accents, but oh well.

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoy them.

there are several BvS analyzers

I'm one of them.

Well, you both noticed a lot that I did not, so thanks.

>opening features a comedic pair of servants eating cupcakes. The tone feels a bit all over the place
That shit is pretty darn Shakespearean, which is generally considered to be quite good.

I don't really like that aspect of Shakespeare, so I feel you, it was a little weird.

Hello, brother!

And to end the derail, what do you guys think the central message of Amadeus was? Personally, I've always thought it was a very
Zen-type thing: basically that through his ambition, jealousy, and self-imposed austerity, Salieri was making himself unworthy of being "God's voice." while Mozart, who embraced life to its fullest, was a living celebration of the "Divine." In other words, Salieri built his own prison of mediocrity.

This is why you BvS people are fags

Salleri thought he was the best
Mozard fucking blitzes him in every way, at a much younger age
Salleri is wrought with jealousy

A toddler could figure that out. Every time you go into some overly elaborate 'analysis' you make yourself look like a retard.

I wish you fags would stop making me cringe every time I open Cred Forums

>capitalization without punctuation

I want phone posters to leave.

Did no one notice
>Cred Forums
Reeeeeee get out!

Saved.