Opinions on Creed Cred Forums?

Opinions on Creed Cred Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WgEH95t6m34
youtu.be/QE5b_KaUiPk?t=18
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

We enjoyed it

It was pretty good, if a safe retread of the original Rocky

Michael B Jordan and Stallone both turned in great performances, and the movie was aesthetically pleasing overall. The only thing I didn't like was the dumb scene where BabbyCreed is jogging and a ton of niglets show up out of nowhere and start doing wheelies on their ATVs

they didnt show up out of nowhere he passed them on his jog and motioned to them

i havent even seen this film except for that youtube clip, not only that but I think all of them were fully grown men on them

it's like you turn the other way when you're watching something, seriously man?

The girlfriend character was useless.
Overall it was all right I guess. Rocky 6 was better though.

It's okay. Stallone is good in it.

What's with the shitty editing? Hell, what's with their really awkward stances?

So he made it out of the projects afterall

It's good. Not nearly as good as Rocky Balboa but a solid movie none the less.

Would've been the GOAT Rocky movie if it wasn't for the completely unnecessary love interest

On its own merits, it's a very solid boxing movie with really good fight sequences (the one area where it actually excels the original movie). Stallone's performance as Rocky and the tasteful, poignant handling of the character bumps the whole thing up another level for anyone who loves the original movies.

I know there's been talk of a sequel, but honestly I hope it never happens. This movie was a really nice, unexpected extra epilogue to the series and I think it should be left to die with dignity rather than being dragged out into a franchise again.

post the pasta about your wife and her daughter watching it please

Rocky: BLACKED™

What does this even mean?

WE

WUZ

This is a clear statement that Racemixing is wrong

God bless Rocky ''The Italian Stallion'' Balboa

>literally a retread of Rocky V and the unused cancer subplot from Rocky Balboa
>killing off Paulie between movies
>useless love interest
>hip-hop video editing

it's alright, but a massive step-down from the previous one.

Paulie was an annoying racist sexist asshole. Good riddance.

NO

really liked it

>Are you still mad Adrian left you?
>She didn't leave me Paulie she DIED

And I'm supposed to like this guy? Fuck him.

hip hop editing? the fight scenes have several 1min+ shots

youtu.be/WgEH95t6m34

Why is boxing the best sport for cinema?

I really liked the movie. Always thought that there should be a continuation of the franchise with a descendant of Rocky or Creed, though making it about Rocky's son or something would have been tasteless considering what happened to Stallone's son.

fighting in all its forms is universally understood, but best expressed through actual fighting.

Did anybody else see Hands Of Stone? Pretty meh movie.

Can exaggerate it but still keep it grounded in "reality" unlike kick-boxing and stuff that gradually turns into chinese wires shit.
Also a really easy sport to pick up in a short time, in 6 months you can already get the basics down and look pretty decent doing forms, which makes for better directed scenes that don't need to be edited to hell and back like shitty Bourne movies.

I disagree

oriental martial arts are

Good movie. Doesn't really do anything new with the Rocky formula, but the writing/acting/direction are on point

also rockys kid in the movie is a dickhead banker

oh no, this movie is a rocky reboot. the next movie will undoubtedly have Rocky die and be about dealing with his death and will go to the shitters immediately afterward.

we will have
Creed 2
Creed 3 (rocky dies) (redneck opponent)
Creed 4 (national hero)(wins against ISIS)
Creed 5 (tries to teach a negro the art of battle but he fails)
Creed 6 (basically Rocky 6 with a bunch of old racemixed friend who mock him for being pure black)(also his son is obsessed with white pussy, basically a delusion)
Rocky (he starts teaching to a honest but proud white guy the art of boxing)

I don't consider most martial arts movies to be sports movies because they're rarely about entering tournaments like Karate Kid.

>"ROCKY" (1976).
>"ROCKY II" (1979).
>"ROCKY III" (1982).
>"ROCKY IV" (1985).
>"ROCKY V" (1990).
>"ROCKY BALBOA" (2006).
>"CREED" (2015).
>"CREED II" (2017).
>"CREED III" (2020).
>"ADONIS CREED: PART ONE" (2025).
>"ADONIS CREED: PART TWO" (2026).

>I know there's been talk of a sequel, but honestly I hope it never happens. This movie was a really nice, unexpected extra epilogue to the series and I think it should be left to die with dignity rather than being dragged out into a franchise again.

You're delusional. It's a spinoff franchise.

>Karate Kid

I know you're not posting an image of a JCVD movie like it belongs in a conversation about legitimately good films.

it was fucking awesome

The boxing looks pretty good, aside from when he's supposed to take clean shots, then you kind off can see that the actor knows its coming.

It was already set up before that they hang out there
Not to mention the obligatory hype scene in every Rocky movie

Tactical Genius.

My husband's daughter and I loved it.

me on the left

Well he is just an actor, after all (the opponents are actual pro boxers). And that scene was almost 5 minutes long and was shot all in one take. The boxing generally looks more realistic in the scenes where they use cuts.

MBJ got knocked out while filming this movie
youtu.be/QE5b_KaUiPk?t=18

HP*

That's the name of the company. How can you get a two letter word wrong?

Coogler and Stallone suggested MBJ take punches that he legally wasn't allowed to take, so I'm cool with a bit of flinching desu.

>The only thing I didn't like was the dumb scene where BabbyCreed is jogging and a ton of niglets show up out of nowhere and start doing wheelies on their ATVs

They were always hanging about and encouraging him and it's the new movie's version of the steps scene, get real.

>They were always hanging about and encouraging him and it's the new movie's version of the steps scene, get real.

It showed that the movie makers didn't actually understand Philly because those people are universally despised. Even black people fucking hate them

a high-stakes boxing match is just such a physical and emotional ordeal for the fighters

roy jones jr was a god damn machine

Loved it. There were a couple little things I didn't like but they were forgivable.

Creed and Warrior are my two favorite sports movies