Why did NBC fuck this show over? It was the best series they've had in forever

Why did NBC fuck this show over? It was the best series they've had in forever

Everyone was too busy having glorious homosex to keep filming

Network TV is too pleb for Hannibal

It's actually baffling, I'm watching season 2 atm and it's amazing.

Hate gross out shit, seen webms of this show and it seemed like it was for edgy teens

Pleb

Ratings were trash and they only got worse.as the show went on.

Nice arguement

I think 3 seasons was enough 2bh

They didnt fuck it over. They actually were super cool to Hannibal. They "should" have cancelled it after season 1, since it had poor ratings. The ratings actually got worse for s2 but they renewed it again.

I mean, NBC still sucks & any TV-series NOT on cable are almost entirely shit, but whoever handled Hannibal at NBC deserves a fucking medal (not just for renewing it, but for giving them artistic freedom as well)

reddit

better?

>Why did NBC fuck this show over

They didn't. The network loved the show, the head of programming was actually a huge champion of it and was personally really close with Fuller. You just can't justify keeping a show with such awful ratings in a primetime network slot. They actually should have cancelled it after the first season but they gave it three just out of kindness to keep it going but it was no help.

I love Hannibal and wish it lasted forever as much as anyone but you really can't blame NBC. Especially considering the content they let them get away with.

It's actually not, it's really just very A E S T H E T I C

hey you copied my post

NBC didnt fuck Hannibal over. Pleb retard non-viewers did. Its your fucking fault for not watching the show until now, you dumbretard

How long until we get the oft repeated and false opinion that
>Seasons one and two were good but season three was bad
Why? I suppose I can see people not liking the Italy parts but I thought that was a very interesting way of adapting "Hannibal", and the second half of the series was GOAT Red Dragon.

>he thinks Hannibal is edgy and tryhard

listen if you shit on hannibal you should at least get it right and call it pretentious degeneracy

NBC literally kept the show on for three years even though marketing wanted it cancelled during season one.

It never should have been on network tv but if it had been ABC or Fox we wouldn't have more than one season.

The real assholes are Amazon -- Netflix wanted to pick up the show but Amazon wouldn't relinquish the streaming rights.

Season 3
>Hannibal being a raging asshole
>Chilton burned alive
>Femdom Alana
>Punished Jack
>FACE-OFF Mason
>Full Homolust Will
>Bedelia giving no fucks
>literally the best version of Francis Dolarhyde we've had on screen

the only bad part was Chiyoh, which to be fair was a terrible character

Hannibal isn't gross at all

I couldn't believe how based Alana was in season 3. They took the character I hated the most throughout the entire show and turned her into my favorite. And they did it by actually embracing all of the shit I hated about her as part of her character arc. Stellar.

Their pleb show The Blacklist was doing way better in the ratings.

season 3 Alana is literally how to do a strong female character without any of the girl-power bullshit. she actually learns from shit that happens to her and changes all of her behavior to adjust from all her setbacks.

also I want her to step on my balls

>>season 3 Alana is literally how to do a strong female character without any of the girl-power bullshit.
Making her a sociopathic dyke?

They ruined Alana in season 3.

I'm still mad that Will forgave her.

My making her a multidimensional character.

I understand your autism prevents you from understanding the nuances of human emotions but in drama you have often have characters that exist solely to be characters and not as overt political statements about the gender / race / religion / etc.

>My making her a multidimensional character.
What other dimensions did she have apart from that?

this was literally the best soap opera of all time

i loved how it jumped the shark in season two, then blasted through the stratosphere to jump space sharks in season three.

the only subtraction for me was this guy. It was like watching some autismo neckbeard do a heath ledger's joker impression for his friends at a nerdy bar. Cringed at every line.

>implying the camp wasn't what made him great

also why does every fucking person think eccentric characters are ledger's joker impressions now?

The character existed before heath ledgers joker 2bh

he was trying to do the gary oldman voice

>then blasted through the stratosphere to jump space sharks in season three.

The fact that NBC let Fuller air six hours of slow-motion snails, wood panelling, Gillian Anderson taking baths and Will staring into the snow for the first half of the season is all the proof you needed that someone upstairs loved him.

He basically rused the entire fanbase for the beginning of the season, the Cred Forums threads were amazing.

They guy after him was doing it way harder in S3.

>maaaargoooooottttt

I don't think you know what "jumped the shark" means. Especially if you love that it jumped the shark and then think that it somehow jumped the shark again later...

but the entire season was like that

>but the entire season was like that

Nah m8, the Red Dragon arc returned to planet Earth and acted like an actual TV show again.

Watch the show. The first half of S3 was full on avante garde because they blew the entire budget on shooting on location in Italy and couldn't afford for anything to happen. The second half is Red Dragon and is completely different.

I actually preferred the first half 2bh

Fair enough, I loved both halves for different reasons. It was basically two seasons for the price of one, and honestly if either of those plotlines had gotten one full season it would have been bloated.

And I'm fine with no S4. Will and Hannibal are dead, end of story. If Fuller manages to suck enough producer dicks that he eventually gets the rights back where he wants them and amkes it happen, I'm cool with more. But I'm not begging for it.

>because they blew the entire budget on shooting on location in Italy and couldn't afford for anything to happen

Is that why all the Italy stuff seemed to only take place on 4 sets?

I'm still mad they maimed best homolust character chilton

>We will never get Chilton becoming the Buffalo Bill character in Silence of the Lambs Season Four.
jdimsa

>Raul Esparza will never put you in a pit, occasionally feed and bathe you and fuck you in the ass every night

why even live?

Too much gay shit

The books had none of that

>tfw you will never see a Mason Verger spinoff series

Cause NBC hates success

dont try season 3 though

The Red Dragon arc of 3 is ok

I remember watching this movie as a kid and this freaked me the fuck out.

What's his story? I don't remember the movie at all.

He pissed off Hannibal

Hannibal drugged him up and made him cut his face off. I think he then ate his own face.

Hannibal also broke his neck, but it didn't kill him.

As for story, he was some psychopath that inherited a high profile pig farm; his sister, whom he raped and tortured, was a patient of Hannibal

In the movie Hannibal drugged him up and made him cut off his own face with a broken mirror and feed it to dogs. He does kind of the same thing in the TV serial, but you get to see more of Hannibal's reasoning and TBQHF if he'd fucked over my chair like that, I'd have done it too.

Ah yea I remember him cutting up his face with broken glass, fuck.

That movie gave me nightmares.

>tfw no spin off about the adventures of immortal Dr Chilton

JUST

>Will and Hannibal are dead
Lol no. The intent was that at least Hannibal lived through the fall.

>And I'm fine with no S4. Will and Hannibal are dead, end of story.

lol wut? S3 was literally the only season that DOESN'T have a definitive ending.

This. Too edgy for all the normalfags

I feel like season three was meant to be the real beginning of Will and Hannibal.

This is a show about friendship/unconditional love.

Because network tv sucks and in the end, it was another piece of shit made by Bryan Fuller with some kino thrown under, it had the potential to be "Bosch" tier popular, pretty good series with a limited exposure but protected by amazon's monies.

They couldn't get the rights of silence of the lambs

Is American Gods going to be good?

no

maybe

yes

>Cred Forums networks still care about ratings
I am glad Netflix will save weird shows like this because the whole idea of ratings is retarded.

I hate having 1000 different subscription based providers so i just pirate.

If netflix made originals 5 years ago we wouldnt be in the mess we're currently in

I blame Amazon, they bought up the rights to stream the show, and then when it struggled they couldn't be bothered to fund a season 4.