Westworld

I am legitimately concerned that JJ Abrams's influence will somehow ruin what could have been the best new science fiction series on TV.
Should I be less worried?
Can JJ Arams executive produce without turning something into mindless drivel?

god damnit fuck I was so excited, and literally nothing JJ has touched has been better than mediocre

I really hope they are just borrowing his name or something, he is literally metaphorically cancer

Think for yourself you loser.

>JJ, NOLAN
Its going to be shit

It'll either go the way of Fringe, or the way of Lost. Pray for the former.

I'm from the future. It's going to be a soap opera with robots on the side.

get ready for a LOT of unanswered questions that lead no where

I'm a congenital idiot but doesn't "Executive Producer" basically just translate to "financier"

The degree to which producers influence production varies. But JJ Abrams is an experienced television and film hand who knows how to create popular schlock, and if he's putting his own money on the line, it's difficult to imagine him not interfering to an extent.

It's gonna be garbage.

>Jonah Nolan

I'm literally only watching this to potentially get more Person of Interest hype. Also, lmao at all these people who think JJ has his hands in everything -- his role as an EP is minimal on almost every project he's attached to. The people you should be worried about are Lindelof, Orci, and Kurtzman, none of whom are working on Westworld.

But JJ Abrams had very little to do with Lost after the structure of the first pilot episode. After that he basically let it go to the writers.

fringe sucked

How are they going to make this into a ongoing series?

>lost
>mediocre

boi

>The people you should be worried about are Lindelof, Orci, and Kurtzman, none of whom are working on Westworld.
Now this is true. I can't remember much about Boborci or Kurtzmann but Lindelof violently raped and left Tomorrowland for dead in a backalley dumpster somewhere in Toronto, so fuck him for all eternity.

The Leftovers

I recently watched the original and thought it was pretty terrible. It's a stretch to even call it science fiction.

I appreciate what he did with The Leftovers, and Prometheus.

>implying JJ Abrams isn't a master of characterization and tension building

name one bad thing he's ever made

Star Trek, Super 8, Mission Impossible 3, and the screenplay for Armageddon just to name a few.

>t. pleb

>.t thinks b grade action movies are science fiction

literally every movie he has ever made.

hell, some idiots on netflix took his idea for super 8 and made it actually watchable.

>he is literally metaphorically cancer

This is so true

>It's a stretch to even call it science fiction.
What would you call it?

It's really a baffling choice for a TV show. Is there more to the universe than the movie? Because the movie was a pretty forgettable chase flick at best.

Supposedly it will explore the concept of artificial intelligence more in-depth from the AI's perspective.

>executive producer

It can literally mean a dozen of things, and sometimes they are literally NOT involved in day-to-day operations whatsoever.

You're right. Lost is garbage.

Think this but for TV, with a bit more action.

I haven't seen the movie but I really doubt they're just going to take that story and try to stretch across, what, 10 episodes? Is that how many they're doing? I bet in the end of the season some of the bots will discover medievalworld or some shit like that

It starts as a western but one of the characters realises everything is fake.

Woof. Is there anything sexier than the skinless female form?

my point is that there isn't a whole lot there in the movie in the first place

>let's use these sets we use for westerns and medieval movies
>but the cowboys and knights pretend to be robots for some reason
>the evil gunslinger will chase the main guy around for the last 50 minutes
>and there's like 10 minutes of guys fucking around in a generic control room suffocating to death for some reason
that's literally the whole movie

"Shit"

And medieval world will be a got ripoff.

>Lindelof, Orci, and Kurtzman
>the fucking axis of evil

Those motherfuckers can ruin pretty much anything with their stupid twisted shit logic and poor writting.