Kubo is fucking amazing

Kubo is fucking amazing.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/p4-6qJzeb3A
kernel.com/movies/kubo
youtu.be/fLwTsL1ERJs
youtube.com/watch?v=Y14dDzGPFbs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It is and I constantly have to resist the urge of going on normiebook to admonish every asshole I know who saw shit like Ghostbusters and/or Suicide Squad but passed on this masterpiece.

Animation: 10/10
Voice acting/casting: 5/10
Writing: 4/10

I still rate it a 8/10 overall just for the animation and originality (IP-wise)

i hate when westerners do kitschy asian themes. it's always embarrassing

I was very surprised by the voice acting. They needed star power and they managed to be 7/10 instead of lazy post-Oscar voice acting.

youtu.be/p4-6qJzeb3A

Best animated movie this year. Sucks it's not doing great in the box office. It will also lose awards to Zootopia or some other Disney shit

Actually, Kung fu panda sparked a national debate in China for being a better big-screen depiction of Chinese culture, values, and philosophy than their own movies.

No shit.

I write movie reviews on Facebook. People actually seem to like it, and they turn to me for film advice a fair amount of the time.

I never wrote a review for this, because I was blown away so thoroughly but couldn't figure out exactly why I wasn't seeing it critically.

Then I realized it was the grandpa coming alive without memory at the end. Everything leading up to that was insane, I still get chills when I remember the souls coming out of the lanterns showing how fucking powerful Kubo's gotten, and then...fuck. It didn't do anything for me, that last fight.

The grandpa didn't come alive. He got defeated and lost his memory. He became human.

It makes sense thematically (memory is the strongest power, erasing his made him mortal/"human") but storywise it just feels completely flat.

I dunno.

Well, the reason why he took Kubo's eye in the first place was because he wanted Kubo to live with him. At the end he got his wish.

The ending was so contrived and made the entire quest feel pointless

Went alone a couple hours before work.
>Get a little high to be comfy
>Bring in sour patch kids and Arizona tea
>No one in theater (school day)
>10 minutes into movie, someone walks in
>Clearly should be in school judging by face/body
>Picks up her phone and starts fighting with parents
>Amazing fight scene with giant animatronic skull happens
>Girl pulls phone out again
>"Come the fuck in here and drag me out"
>Miss most of the scene when a manager storms in with her mom
>Mom says I could be a rapist
>I chuckle and take a sip of my drink
>"No outside food or drinks, man"
>I just wave my hands because there's nothing anyone can do now

From what I saw, the movie was amazing.

>>Amazing fight scene with giant animatronic skull happens
I fucking love that thing.

Also BOTH times I saw it I was completely or mostly alone, in the best theaters I've ever set foot in in this state (first one had shit service but I chalk that up to it being a weekday).

I don't think I could have seen this movie in better circumstances.

Watching it made me feel like I was playing one of the Legend of Zelda games. Kubo is basically as close as your are going to get to a Western film adaptation of that game series.

kernel.com/movies/kubo

>tfw I don't have $10k

youtu.be/fLwTsL1ERJs

>Writing: 4/10
make sense considering the director was a shit rapper
youtube.com/watch?v=Y14dDzGPFbs

I need to play those games at some point.

It's nice that for once a rich dude whose dad is willing to fund whatever random shit he feels like doing ended up being a guy with legitimate talent and passion in the area he decided to focus on. Thanks for letting your son make movies that make jack shit at the box office daddy Nike.

Well he actually used to be a fucking horrible rapper called Chilly T