Delbert Grady General

"Perhaps they need a good talking to, if you don't mind my saying so. Perhaps a bit more. My girls, sir, they didn't care for the Overlook at first. One of them actually stole a pack of matches, and tried to burn it down. But I "corrected" them sir. And when my wife tried to prevent me from doing my duty, I "corrected" her. "

This is a Delbert Grady thread. Post your favorite Delberts, fanart, etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XmXqf768bjE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This is now a Lloyd thread.

He's the best damn bartender from Timbuktu to Portland, Maine. or Portland Oregon for that matter.

It's also probably the end of your thread.

A Black Man.

a black man?

>I "corrected" her

What did he mean by that?

A cotton-picker?

youtube.com/watch?v=XmXqf768bjE

I believe African-American is the preferred nomenclature, Dude.

Or maybe it's person of color. Fuck if I know. Also Scatman died like a bitch in the movie.

He put an axe into her forehead.

The following is not some SJW thing, I'm being serious: just the other day I was thinking about Jack's "White Man's Burden" banter, and how this relates to the Indian burial ground shtick as it is permuted in this case, white mastery of the location (and the west in general), and the more explicit racism of Grady which is then fed back to Jack. After all, a little while later, a white man kills a black man in living color.

There's a thing, since I haven't read the book. The hotel and Hallorann obviously have a shining-history, but Hallorann had been able to make peace enough with it to continue to work at the place. They "know" one another, it would seem. Did the hotel claim Hallorann's soul?

Philip Stone and Joe Turkel share the rare honor of each having collaborated with Kubrick on three separate occasions. Kubrick did not have as much of a steady "stable" of actors as other directors, but he re-used these two during his career. Here, Stone and Turkel both occupy similar positions within the story: phantoms, seducing and bewitching Jack, aiding and abetting him.

Joe Turkel is still /alive/. Stone left this vale of tears some thirteen years ago.

Yessss

>The following is not some SJW thing, I'm being serious: just the other day I was thinking about Jack's "White Man's Burden" banter, and how this relates to the Indian burial ground shtick as it is permuted in this case, white mastery of the location (and the west in general), and the more explicit racism of Grady which is then fed back to Jack. After all, a little while later, a white man kills a black man in living color.

What was Kubrick trying to say with this?

One could choose to interpret all of this as a subtle, artful way of making the white male lead into the unsympathetic villain that he is, without going completely ham-fisted about it.

Basically SJW politics before we had SJW politics as-such. The culture had already basically blown up via the sixties, but we still didn't have political-correctness as-such (which led to SJW-dom), or it was in its infancy circa 1980.

Kubrick is a jew, after all.

Hallorann is the hero of the novel. there's all sorts of additional supernatural shit going on in the novel too.

I think killing Hallorann in the movie was a cue to readers of the novel that "oh shit, this isn't the same story"

>Kubrick did not have as much of a steady "stable" of actors as other directors

this is because he demanded like 50 cuts of every scene. no one wanted to work with him twice.

>Kubrick is a jew, after all.

This premise is wrong. He wasn't a religious jew, heck he wasn't even a "true" jew. There are multiple non-SJW ways to look at historical events.

Please. Although Kubrick was of course a very broad minded you know, Hitler was right about pretty much everything sort, his fascination with culture in general, together with his prescient imagination, would very well have led him to entertain such narratives, even if only as back-fodder, or perhaps even on some subliminal level in his own creative process. But there is plenty in The Shining to make this Muh Racism subtext quite explicit

You do yourself great disservice when you underestimate the extent of the jewish hivemind. Half of jews are not observant (their intelligence predisposes them to atheism, skepticism) but they are still in the circle. This entails passing historical ideas around at certain epochs..

"A nigger cook".

Was Delbert Grady racist or did he not like having black people cook for him?

Charles Grady. You mean Charles. The caretaker.

Idk, dude, nothing I saw in The Shining made me question White Man vs. Redskins. Maybe I don't look too deep into movies or maybe I simply cannot be influenced by that degree by something I see in fucking movies.

>This entails passing historical ideas around at certain epochs..

you sound like a fucking marxist

>You do yourself great disservice when you underestimate the extent of the jewish hivemind
Jews are bee to Cred Forums

You're right, I didn't just go to college and practice using written words in certain ways. the words contain in themselves the sound of "Marxism" because they're pretentious, or something. Despite actually being pretty simple as you yourself know.

Anyway your complaint is double-misguided since you seem to want to accuse me of being leftist, when my whole thing is about criticism and skepticism of jews, which is more commonly associated with Cred Forums, the far-right, and so on. In short, you've mistaken me for a Marxist because I have a vocabulary.

>wanting the negro to mess with your food

One would be autistic.

a nigger. cuck.

Heh.

Delbert Grady? You mean Charles Grady? Get it right.