Th-thoughts?

Th-thoughts?

Scary

Shame it was a rehash though.

Good flick. Slow first half is made up for by the intense second half. Also glad they showed glimpses of the witch, first film was enjoyably vague and mysterious, a second one would have been repetitious and boring. Nice to see a director have the balls to go full supernatural rather than just cop out with a 'spoopy mystery' ending then shill forums with half arsed conversation starters.

Shit like Babadook and It Follows.

Spoopy: the Film

>Nice to see a director have the balls to go full supernatural rather than just cop out with a 'spoopy mystery' ending

Did you see the movie?

3rd act was brilliant and made the film

did they re-release that shit movie that started the horrible found footage genre?

>calling blair witch project shit
found the normie

Anyone got caps of the witch? I remember seeing her twice, once in the house and once outside. Still can't find any good caps

Taken as it's own movie it's pretty good.

As a sequel it's a miserable failure.

This is actually what the witch looks like and I love her design. Very spoopy

there was no witch in the first movie, just a guy that hunted them.
at the start of the movie they interview people and they were told there was a killed that killed people and while he was killing he had the other prisonner standing face against a wall.

nostaligia google much?

You only see for less than a second though.

Nah, I think there was a woman surrounded by kids taunting them. Obviously, that's what I made up in my head but it works for me.

Especially with the sounds of children outside the tents and that handprint on the tent wall before they leg it into the woods.

well no fucking shit. did you want to see a full close up of her? i sure didn't. that would have ruined

I watched the original again last night and I just watched the trailer for this new one and fuck that, seriously fuck that shit.

The biggest problem in this (and most modern horror movies) is how they employ jump scares.

I hate when movies use the protagonists as a jump scare especially in this one.

One goes missing, and someone then goes looking for them while they're repeatedly screaming out for their names. Meanwhile someone is left at camp in silence where they notice/hear something creepy then all of a sudden one of the protagonists just shows up out of nowhere (frantically breathing too) acting surprised that their friend is scared.

Why did they all of a sudden sneak in quietly into camp when they where just screaming a couple seconds ago?

>Jump scare number 127 happens
>Female lead says "I wish everyone would stop doing that"

It's like they know how overdone, cheap, and annoying it is, chose to do it anyway, then thought they were being clever by drawing attention to it.

I really, really hate those 'longmouth' ghosts/monsters. Its not scary, its annoying, and a cheap fucking copout for a creature design
It always looks so fucking photoshopped and stupid that it ruins the movie

So she was just bullshitting?

Yes. Which is too bad since her description is spoopier than the Uncharted mutant design in the movie.

fuck that. It probably wasnt the hairy woman or any of that but there was definitely children's voices outside the tent and Josh was like 6ft. No way he was dragged off by a single guy and then tortured metres from the camp.

there was definitely a supernatural presence that got them. Also the house with all the child's hand prints etc.

Ok, it's a horror movie and "credibility" goes out the window just because of the very nature of the genre but I don't think there's enough evidence it was some guy, or guys, chasing them.

This happened at the start of You're Next. It's the audio cues that are the worst for it.
The Guest still best

Babadook is very explicitly supernatural.

Torrent when?

It's heavily implied that the "witch" can distort reality and warp people to different dimensions.

Actually, it's the opposite. It's pretty much explicitly said that the "monster" is the mother, who's psychotic and imagining the whole thing while terrifying her child and the rest of the neighborhood with her episodes.

That's my point though. People here are claiming it was some guy hunting them through the woods and I disagree. Never mind the lore expanded in the dossier ststes that the footage was found by uni students on an archiology field trip behind a wall 100 odd years old.

If anyone hasn't read the dossier I really recommend it.

The monster is a metaphor for giref apparently.

>The monster is a metaphor for giref apparently.
Nailed it.

I knew they were gonna do some dumb shit like pack in jumpscares and "reveal" the witch as a fucking longmouth ghost. So stupid. It's a disgrace to the rawness and intrepid experimentation of the original.

I'll just wait for the torrent.

checked.

Also: If you have any claustrophobia issues there's a scene that'll fuck you right up

genuine spoiler if you're planning to see it:

I fucking loved taht bit when she broke the stickman and the girl snapped in two

Can someone please explain how Lane had survived up to that point, and why he threw Lisa down intot he pit only to be waiting for her on the other end. Also, who did James see in the upstairs room? It looked to be a girl but it didnt appear to be Heather or the witch.

Lane was just being batshit insane which I guess the entity was ok with.

I think James was tricked into seeing his sister as it used her voice to make him turn around.

Nah i meant the scene before we switch to Lisa's perspective. James is running through the house chasing a girl until he ends up being trapped in a room by himself. He turns around and comes face to face with a being cloaked in shadow until it just leaves for no reason. It couldnt'v been the blair witch cause it wouldve just killed him, and like i said it really didnt lookvlike Heather from the first movie.

I reckoned that through time dilation and that the Witch had driven Lane insane and also made him compliant to her wishes. Like how he screams at the girl to do what she says.
I

I really enjoyed the 2nd half or so. Honestly some of the most intense horror film making I'd ever seen.

I'll hit some highs, lows, and questions:

Pros:
>Video quality (the first hasn't aged well)
>Atmosphere (wasn't filmed in the winter so the woods really close in around the actors)
>Sound design (the forest warping as well as the various sounds from within the house)
>The entire house sequence at the end.

Cons:
>The beginning is quite frankly annoying, and too cliche
>The acting from the black guy is beyond awful
>Plot holes that never really get solved
>Very little character development

Plot Holes:
>The entire black girl foot sub-plot.
>How did a tunnel under the house lead her back into the house?
>What was going on with the daylight outside of the house when they were in the attic?
>What did James see that he followed into the room he became locked in?

Probably others, it's just too early for me to think right now.

I thought it was a 7/10. First one was a better film overall.

I thought the girl's foot was just one way of showing the malevolent force in the forest.
I don't think you can really object to the tunnel leading back into the house given the forest has an impossible changing layout and so does the house.
The light outside I imagined was further time dilation- the camera and tapes ended up back in time so the footage they filmed on Lane's camera becomes the footage they watch at the start.
Didn't think the black guy was a bad actor, or any worse than anyone else. He was entertaining comic relief for the first part I thought.

>>How did a tunnel under the house lead her back into the house?
>>What was going on with the daylight outside of the house when they were in the attic?
>>What did James see that he followed into the room he became locked in?

Easiest explanation is that they're being fucked with due to the dimension their in.

>>The entire black girl foot sub-plot.
Yeah, that was weird in how it was handled and didn't lead to anything. Might have been leeches?

why does Hollywood think lanky women with long limbs are scary?

>I fucking loved taht bit when she broke the stickman and the girl snapped in two

That's in the trailer, and is one of the biggest red flags that this movie will be a piece of shit. The other red flags being literally everything else about it.

Purple hair girl was super qt

>just a guy that hunted them.
I always thought that the Witch perhaps gained control over Josh like she did Rustin Parr, and had him kill his friends at the end

>If anyone hasn't read the dossier I really recommend it.

Where it at doe?

>I always thought that the Witch perhaps gained control over Josh like she did Rustin Parr, and had him kill his friends at the end

Which appears to be what happened with Lane in this one, with the YOU HAVE TO DO WHAT SHE TELLS YOOOOOU bit and all

>"reveal" the witch as a fucking longmouth ghost.
Longmouth seems like a kinda cool name for a movie, or a short at the least.

>Video quality (the first hasn't aged well)
The video quality in the first wasn't meant to age well. It was meant to be a product of its time. I haven't seen the new movie, but I fucking hate it when found footage movies don't use appropriate cameras. Takes me out of the movie.

>crystal clear audio of everything
>consistent framerate
>excellent lighting
>no need to recharge/change batteries

Everytime

>Hey guys
>Remember that cheap ass movie made with nothing but love that used really inventive filming/directing methods in order to get it's footage?
>Remember how it rose to prominence thanks to fucking inventing viral marketing?
>Remember how it was so ahead of the game that no one was really able to replicate the concept until years later when modern social media made found-footage way easier for lazy writers to justify as a storytelling device?
>here's an idea
>let's remake it
>but let's pretend it's an original movie
>because everyone will be mad that we're remaking Blair Witch and will assume it'll be a cobbled together piece of shit
>so let's not tell them it's Blair Witch until the last possible second
>that way
>it'll look like a cobbled together piece of shit
>a piece of shit that we, the creators, have no faith in
>that we put absolutely zero backbone into, because we have none, since we're way more scared of our own audience than anyone could ever be of our movie
>that is continuing the story of a movie we clearly don't understand even a little, for us to completely invert the marketing method that made the original good
>all while cheating all the people who thought might be getting a breath of fresh air original movie about kids dying in the woods that simply played overt homage to a classic we all know and love
>oh, and let's fill it with jumpscares, longmouths, and show the fucking witch
>BRILLIANT

>>no need to recharge/change batteries
I loved how the original was smart enough to acknowledge this problem and explain it as "Oh, we have a shit load of batteries that would probably last us months."

I could get behind this if it wasn't for all the children noises/handprints etc.

I guess it's plausible though

Amazon I'm afraid unelss there's a .pdf out there

I was hoping the drone would catch sight of something huge staking through the tree. Shame they didn't really do much with it.;

>>a piece of shit that we, the creators, have no faith in
To be fair Wingard/Barrett really wanted this shit to be made but either the studio intervened or he had literally no clue what he was doing.

it's got 5.8 on imdb so, geez

Is it better or worse than Always Watching?

Nah not something huge. Would feel out of place, but perhaps something subtle or anything I guess.

The drone served no direct purpose besides that stupid death.

>I could get behind this if it wasn't for all the children noises/handprints etc.
>I guess it's plausible though
All of this happened after Josh disappeared. What I'm saying is, when Josh disappeared, she gained control over him and lured them to the Cabin by calling for help.

fuck, I meant BEFORE Josh disappeared

It should of showed a mist or dream type scape in the distance the second time it went up to show they were isolated into "witches dimension"

I also wish they ran into either the people from the first movie or another group of random campers stuck out there from like a decade ago and show there is like a eternal time dilation thing going on with multiple Blair witch hauntings going on at anyone time from any number of time lines.

Yeah, the time warping was creepy and really played with your head, but I think it was also used as a little bit of a crutch.

I do like how it could tie in and help explain how they got so lost in the first film. The woods were changing and there was never a way they could escape. Thus they were going in circles.

Oh, I know. I totally appreciate what they did, and understand it's part of the experience. But in today's era of HD and big at-home TV screens, it's not pleasant at all on the eye.

It would of been a good way to end the series by making the case the whole first movie was a plan to kill and rape the girl both the guys played out so much so when this new group arrives at the house they find a new video where it literally shows the ending scene from the first one and instead of cutting out after she hits the ground we see the guy turn around laughing and the other guy come out of the dark corner left of the screen and then after the rape and murder scene we see the guys footage of trying to leave the woods but never get out when the "REAL" witch starts fucking with them and it turns out lane and his girlfriend were satan goth worshippers and had went to the home before and got the idea after seeing this footage and wanted to contact the witch and repeat the same "sacrifice" type murder so they did the same thing an murdered someone in the house and caused the witch to use them to lure the brother of heather into the woods to find the two guys that raped and killed his sister stuck in the time dilation.

:^(

>lucky sevens

you sick fuck, Roth, get out of here; we know it's you

It would even be better if there was no witch. Just some fucked up place (kind Bermuda Triangle esque) that's been fucking with people ever since they stumbled upon the area.

They'll bounce back, r-right?
Death Note will be good, yeah?

THIS two

I just am just in love with the idea of the two guys or the original group still alive stuck in the time dilation out in the woods and we find them all ragged and mentally fucked after seeing years worth of crazy witch shit to the point they are almost feral and trying to survive.

I sort of got the feeling that that was the case. The malevolent location existed before Elly Kedward and once she died she simply became another tool in its arsenal. Her appearances in the film don't annoy me much if that's the case, it's like she's a puppet being dangled to scare them.

That would imply that Josh nor Heather were killed in the first movie, though.

We'd have to assume that the teeth Heather found outside the tent weren't Josh's.

We'd also have to assume that Heather wasn't killed at the ending of the first movie. Which oddly enough is the premise of this movie.

Final question:

The black guy says that he once was in the woods with hundreds of people in a search party years ago. How come nothing happened to any of the people from the search party? They were obviously in the same woods where the original events took place. Do we just say that the witch picks and chooses who and when to mess with people?

Well, he did end up coming back to the area. Perhaps it lures anyone who goes there eventually? Also you might need to spend a night or sleep there to be warped to another dimension.

They never stayed over night this is covered in the movie.

the first part of your post could be answered by the fact the guys would of planned to set up this freaky shit like the teeth and blood and stick figures to scare the girl and to make the video they would leave behind to suggest some paranormal event happened to them related to the lore in the area to excuse them going missing after the crime.

This is also why is would of been interesting if they ran into a small group of people in the woods like some Goth teens or people who wanted to look for the house after the first movie and who stayed over night in the woods and had now had no idea how much time had past just that they had been lost for what felt like a long time.

>there was no witch in the first movie, just a guy that hunted them.
rofl you didnt get the movie ahahahahaha

Shoot, I forgot about that. You're right. You have to spend the night in the forest in order for the witch to take hold of you.