BvS

So now that the dust has settled, what are your thoughts Cred Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

nationalreview.com/article/433246/batman-v-superman-culture-war-gets-mythic?target=author&tid=1152026
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

its shit.

Ben did a fantastic job and is the best Batman, was my favourite capeshit movie up until the actual square off. Hate Wonder Woman and Doomsday in this. Overall 7\10.

/thread

fpbptbh

Would have been kino without Wonder Woman, the shoehorned justice league shit and the CGI monster at the end. Ultimate cut makes some good changes but ultimately they'd need to do reshoots to really fix it.

From a 3/10 to a 4/10 with the extended.

I like it a lot. Doubt they'll be another superhero movie like it (seeing as WB is intent on trying neuter Justice League to appease the press). Nolan's urban realism looks quaint in comparison to Snyder's apocalyptic dirge. 9/10.

>Fags that write 'this', /thread, fpbp in threads while contributing nothing to discussion

Man, this shit is worse than the cheese pizza spam. What the fuck is the matter with you? This crap was worse than watching swap.avi while eating.
Get out of here you sick fuck.

Probably the best film in the last 5 years

Only marvelcucks and plebs would say otherwise

this

No. No, bro, it was the best film in the last 50 years. Perhaps ever. It was solid film and it made me kino really, really hard.

I unironically liked it more than civil war

Of course you did, it was the film of a generation. Snyder made Kubrick look like a fucking gimp.

I still haven't seen it and I never will. I've been sufficiently convinced that it's shit by the amount of kino memes.

There's no discussion to be had, that's why I said "/thread".

suck my fat fuckin COCK you pleb(s)

MEMES! OH GOD THE MEMES!

Literally Wasted potential: the movie.

>all those mental gymnastics
Are you trying to prove it was a good movie, or that you have OCD?

How hard does your father fuck you up your tight little ASS???

The memes, Jack.

You're so emotionally invested in this shit, holy fuck. Stop embarrassing yourself, garbage boy.

Missing the Point: The Movie

Edgy fanfiction with a clickbait title.

An attempt to force continuity that only makes the universe feel flat.

The first movie to make me think that superhero movies aren't really a good idea.

The original release they did in the cinemas had good parts but didn't sit right.

the 'Ultimate Cut' I loved very much and should be what was originally intended rather than added content for fuck all reasons. It is one of my favourite films this year simply because it actually attempting to take a different look on a superhero story.

>OH FUCK ME HARDER DADDY

The two big problems are this:

1. It's a cliche that when two superheros meet for the first time, they fight. Snyder tried to avoid this by making the conflict about big issues, but he couldn't solve those issues in a reasonable way and the film ends with Batman joining superman because their mothers have the same name and fighting a cave troll.

2. Miller's A Dark Knight returns is a right wing comic. Batman v Superman is made by left Hollywood. It's an awkward mix.

Wew, the second fucking sentence is completely incorrect.

Why would anyone keep reading?

>His religious imagery isn't indulgent or masturbatory

Fucking kek.

No, I'm pretty sure the problems were a terrible screenplay, incompetent directing, scatterbrained editing and trying to push like a dozen characters in a single movie.
It's funny because once you read a few of those posts, you realize they say nothing about the movie. They desperately try to find outside reasons for the movie not being up to par, instead of analyzing the movie itself. The only people who can't see the movie's many flaws are obsessed with the brand wars to the point of incoherence.

Zack Snyder dares to infuse the comic-book genre with moral and political substance. Fanboys do not own the franchises of Batman and Superman movies, so director Zack Snyder went against the mob and dared to raise the genre to a level of adult sophistication in 2013’s Man of Steel, the most emotionally powerful superhero movie ever made. (Fanboys hated it.) Snyder’s sequel, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice adds politics, bringing to the fantasy some contemporary, real-world concerns. This is not conventional comic-book allegory; rather, Snyder uses the figures of Batman (Ben Affleck) and Superman (Henry Cavill) walloping each other to give visible substance to social and moral issues, much as Greek tragedy does. He takes the wildest, Bizarro World fiction — of two superheroes turned super foes — and uses the premise to explicate our current dilemmas concerning power, principles, and divinity.

It helps that Snyder is also visionary, inclined to extravagant spectacle and gifted with a signature erotic touch. An early montage equates violence, wealth, loss, and grief through symbolic images of bullets, pearls, blood, and tears. It is witnessed by the young Bruce Wayne, a paranoid orphaned millionaire who misconstrues Superman’s involvement in the previous film’s battle that devastated Metropolis (and traumatized nearby Gotham City), and so he vows a vigilante’s revenge. With its legal-brief title, Batman v Superman reflects the confusion that pits secularists against believers, and the partisanship that inhibits national alliance. This tension is so visually amped up that the opposition of Batman to Superman feels revelatory: Man versus the god in Man.

Why was Lois in this movie so much?
Is Wonder Woman not enough for Zack SJWder?

Ugh, you just know she's going to be all over Justice League too.

You know what would be great?
If Talia rapes Batman on the big screen.

>Using Armond White as a defense.
Is this desperation-kino?

Snyder’s opening sequences interweave the origin stories of these mythic heroes and their alter egos. What has become overly familiar through years of repetition acquires new dynamism — and new understanding — that particularizes and personalizes each wounded man’s suffering. Not only are these time-shifts audacious (movie marquees announce the 1940 The Mark of Zorro and the 1981 Excalibur — implying the evolution of history), but so is Snyder’s proposition about the nature of heroism and vengeance: Both stem from the way individuals react to and comprehend their experiences. Snyder’s thrillingly intelligent use of interior conflict and political antagonism vastly outclasses Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy: Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and The Dark Knight Rises — all noxious — which were bellwethers of our culture’s decline.

Fanboys prefer the Nolan films for their “darkness,” which emphasized the sophomoric, pseudo-tragic elements of the Batman graphic novels. But Snyder’s more adult treatment finds the material’s emotional core. This displeases the fanboy/hipster whose adolescent embarrassment about feelings was exploited through Nolan’s emotionless violence and post–9/11 nihilism. Snyder counters that cultural crisis and (through the script by Chris Terrio and David S. Goyer) visualizes the millennial moral struggle as pop myth. His essential subject is mankind’s struggle to discover compassion as well as common obligation — or dare I use the non-political term: brotherhood?

Shit, that's the equivalent of claiming a movie is great because it swept the razzies.

rather than going with the shitty rotten tomatoes curve, isn't it better to regurgitate the review of a critic one likes?

I hate it as a movie and despise it as an adaptation of the characters.

That's Watchmen.

The pain of post–9/11 as reflected in Nolan’s Batman films was a paradigm shift. But fantasy cannot conscientiously be enjoyed Nolan’s way, without any sense of social, historical, or moral consequence. Snyder manipulates this new paradigm so that mankind’s sense of mortality is embodied by Batman, Superman, and their arch-nemesis, Lex Luthor. (All three characterization performances are, well, perfect.) When Superman’s motives are questioned, the skepticism and vilification create an antagonism between him and Batman that Snyder lays out as an ideological conflict and that Luthor exacerbates. Luthor (Jesse Eisenberg, who played Mark Zuckerberg in The Social Network and thus personifies the craven millennium) cynically whines about “The oldest lie in America: that power can be innocent.” He even threatens a senator (Holly Hunter) who heads an investigation into Superman’s guilt. Luthor’s obsession with Superman (“He answers to no one. Not even, I think, to God”) reveals envy that is unmistakably demonic; a development that coheres with Snyder’s spiritual-social vision of post–9/11 grief and desire for salvation. He creates the year’s first great movie image by examining Superman’s “divinity” when he is surrounded by Day of the Dead multitudes. The image echoes our current desperation regarding “populism” — and that’s truly audacious.

One of the only legitimately good capeshit, just below watchmen, the dark knight, the winter soldier, and unbreakable. 8/10 (ultimate cut)

Among today’s outstanding American filmmakers, Snyder has an eccentric interest in the spiritual expression of his characters’ conflicts. From the erotic antiquity saga 300 to the anthropomorphic fable Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole, Snyder demonstrates a caricaturist’s knack for elaborating Good vs. Evil. It takes just such dreamlike moral clarity to reprove the Nolan trilogy’s chaos. Look at Snyder’s second high point: Batman’s nightmare of battling Superman plus his own enigmatic demons imagined as Stymphalian wasps. The scene spins agonizingly slowly (though not in slow motion), becoming ever more hallucinatory. It fuses comic-book imagery to the oldest Western myths.

In this age of petty Marvels, most comic-book movies merely perpetrate fantasies of power, but Snyder, enacting his personal aesthetic, braves a film that examines those fantasies. He boldly challenges popular culture’s current decay. Man of Steel was a magnificent, hugely satisfying response to what’s often missing in pop culture, and Batman v Superman raises more ideas without (yet) resolving them. An attempt to invoke other superheroes from the DC Comics stable, starting with Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot, accompanied by tribal drums that recall Snyder’s overawed feminist fantasia, Sucker Punch), ultimately goes unfulfilled. And Snyder, obliged to placate the Marvel hordes, lets a couple of fight scenes devolve into Avengers-trite turmoil.

Still, the equation of moral myth and contemporary political catastrophe marks an important advance. Snyder intends to resolve the conflict between commerce and art, power and morality. “Knowledge with no power is paradoxical,” one character says. “Man made a world where standing together is impossible,” frets another. With Batman v Superman, the battle for the soul of American culture is on.

In an interview, Snyder described Batman’s hatred for Superman as “finding reinforcement of those feelings in the media.” So Snyder employed a supporting cast of political pundits who expand Batman v Superman into a kind of meta-media commentary: Anderson Cooper, Charlie Rose, and Nancy Grace are among those crossing the line from TV news to Hollywood fantasy. They frequently, brazenly blur the distinction between fact and fiction, objectivity and venality, mendacity and truth. This has been going on at least since the 1990s, and it still is a problem for both journalism and Hollywood (Nancy Grace, Lawrence O’Donnell, and Dr. Drew Pinsky popped up last week in Midnight Special). Soledad O’Brien and Neil deGrasse Tyson also appear in Batman v Superman, along with Andrew Sullivan, seen shouting, “Every act is a political act!” That may be so (Snyder’s a sly dog), but pundits who don’t stick to their day-jobs lose credibility.

Read more at: nationalreview.com/article/433246/batman-v-superman-culture-war-gets-mythic?target=author&tid=1152026

Oh yeah, he totally doesn't react to whatever the consensus is over there. What a rebel.

All the Batman scenes were 10/10

Armond writes a well articulate and expansive review, all you can do is strawman at a max of 16 words.

pic related is probably you

Does anyone have an actual criticism of Armond's reviews that isn't "he gave good reviews to some shit films and bad reviews to popular films!"?

>Is it really surprising that the most powerful movie in the world should be a figure of controversy ?

>plebs literally CAN'T refute this

I found it interesting. The storytelling is nuanced in a way you don't often see in these kinds of films with layered themes and lots of subtext instead of exposition, which angered a lot of plebs because they couldn't make sense of the plot or character motivations on their own. So when other people point out things they didn't notice, it makes them feel lNSECURE and they get very loud and angry.

>Armond writes a well articulate and expansive review, all you can do is strawman at a max of 16 words.
Being articulate and expansive is exactly his problem, he could write these reviews about absolutely anything. He still praises garbage to get a rise out of people, he even waits for the general consensus to settle so he can go against it. He does a much better job of it than the collection of mouthbreathers that post here, that's for sure.

/thread

>Does anyone have an actual criticism of Armond's reviews
Yes, he gives shit raving reviews to get a reaction, it's impossible to take his reviews as authentic because of it. Hell, he pretended to like Superman v Batman.

> shoehorned just league shit

Is there a meme more stupid about BvS ?

Cool straw man. Do you ever discuss the movie itself or just the "h8rz"?

It's absolutely true. Did you even watch the fucking movie?

>still reading

Is this DCuck admitting that the fight between Batman and Superman is completely pointless?

>no Moby Dick
>no Superman For All Seasons
Shit image.

How is it shoehorned you litteral retards ?

Lex luthor is aware of the meta humans and want either to control them or destroy them would it be out of characther for him to have Info on them ?

WW knew that such a files existed she told superman.

you are just a salty plebs trying to find flaws to this capekino

In 2 words you are a pitiful MarvelDrone

Daily reminder that DCfriends are either children, retards or filthy ESLs.

I know this is trolling but there is nothing about light in the bible and Gabriel.

The betas don't even comprehend what is an alpha

kind of like when gohan couldn't even comprehend the power level of frieza on Namek.

I like the aestethics of DC movies and that they're trying to go a bit beyond basic superheroes movies.
But I don't like the movies, because they're shit at doing it. Terrible scripts, poor editing, indulgent imagery.. Watchmen was the best capeshit of Snyder, let that sink in.

this

Fuck off. The movie is shit

End thread

this tbqh

>Still

Great film, don't get the hate

>I know all about being alpha. let me prove it with a Dragon Ball Z analogy.
DC fanboys are fucking zeta

I liked the movie but hate the fanbase.

It's still shit

It was bad, and felt rushed.

Maybe the 8 hour extended version would have been better, but I don't have that much time to watch something that was spoiled in the trailers.

Visually some of it worked, but storywise, no. Also that Lex was cringey. How does Jesse Eisenberg keep getting work?

Theatrical 3/10

UCE 8/10

IMO, it's WAAY better than CW but maybe it's just me getting tired of Marvel's formulaic quip play it safe crap.

I really liked it, if anything just for the fact that it tried something different. Have yet to see the ultimate cut.

>this butthurt when the beta realized his beta level on the social hierarchy on an image board with no hierarchy.

Still love it over most capeflicks

There is a hierarchy. It's simple. Marvel bros>DC Fanboys.