>soundtrack by Marty O'Donnell and Junkie XL
>Combat Evolved (sequel) directed by Del Toro

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/shared?ci=c0NtSnK3auY
youtube.com/watch?v=phk7di38iv8
youtube.com/watch?v=6GBHkaqBWKI
youtube.com/watch?v=b18Va6bl1Q4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i hope you dont talk to people irl about your dreams. what you just typed is full-strength pussy repellent, money back guaranteed.

Fuck off.

Yeah Hollywood fucked up massively by missing the Halo train.

>blomkamp

Dropped

Elysium and Chappie sucked, but District 9 nailed the hard sci-fi style and this is still impressive:
youtube.com/shared?ci=c0NtSnK3auY

I figured he'd do TFoR well because of all the gritty human elements of the book, while the Covenant remain shrouded in mystery for most of the book. I feel Del Toro would be able to pull off the otherworldy feel of Combat Evolved well, as well as establish the Covenant as a force to be feared despite the pink and purple pallete.

I've been waiting for the Halo 2001 game movie for a while now

Halo was always meant to be Blomkamp's movie. He was going to direct it but then the project got cancelled

My nigga

>you will never see Johnson destroy hundreds of grunts in one single scene

>we were supposed to get the live-action Evangelion movie right after they finished making the Halo movie

>Idras Elba as Master Chief____

I unironicly screen capped that

>full CGI Oddworld movie
>Bruce dern as molluck
>most voices done by lanning
>first half is abe destroying rupture farms
>second half is abe and the mudokons taking on Feeco Depot and Soulstorm

I love me some Oddworld. This is definitely off the table though

>feelsbadman.webm

You forgot
>343i """writers""" not involved in any way

Virgin

>not a movie for Stranger's Wrath the god tier oddworld game

it was all universal's fault. They didn't want to dish out the $300 million they estimated it would cost to produce Neil's script.
I bet it would of killed at the time.
Fucking idiots.

This

It was star wars level at the time desu

It'd get posted here every night like FMJ is. Did Blomkamp ever say who he had in mind for Sgt. Johnson?

This nigger is drunk. But someone answer this

My life will never be complete now. Thanks, user.

Earthbound by David Lynch.

Why would you want this? It'd just be a less fun Dagon.

No. Lynch has to direct a Drakengard movie.

Lee Van Clef as Ocelot

my nigger

too bad it will never happen, halo madness has died down and the best we can hope for are some crappy tv adaptations

>Why would you want this?
RE4 is already a cheesy 80s B-horror movie script with likable characters, and we really need more of those (good ones that is) nowadays, it doesn't need much effort to turn into a movie.

Psuedo-80s nostalgia is a fucking blight on popular culture that can't die quickly enough.

Cabin in the Woods an Mad Max were pretty good.

>directed by either Adrian Lyne or David Lynch
>not shit like the real silent hill movies

Mad Max was its own thing, not a throwback.

And Cabin in the Woods is a 'homage' made for people who never saw the stuff it's riffing on. People think they're so clever for watching ironic and self-aware garbage only because they don't know that 90% of slasher movies were doing that decades earlier. After Jason Voorhees went into space I think that the slasher genre became immune to satire to anybody with a brain, because it was already tearing itself to pieces. Cabin In the Woods just does the same thing but with a gargantuan wink to the audience every 30 seconds so that the smug fucks don't ever forget how fucking clever they are.

And it's not just a failure as satire, as a straight execution of horror tropes it's also fucking garbage.

Who the fuck is going to watch this and why?

Mad Max wasn't really pseudo 80s nostalgia, it was just an actual sequel to an 80s franchise.

I don't see any arguments against Cabin in the Woods in this post.

>>soundtrack by Marty O'Donnell and Junkie XL
Naaah.
youtube.com/watch?v=phk7di38iv8

>Who the fuck is going to watch this and why?
Cause it's Zelda? Duh. Remember the april fools IGN trailer years ago? Even that one made people cream their pants.

Im a massive SH fan and was amused by the first one, but the subsequent release (s?) Were laughable.

Junkie XL is the biggest hack in Hollywood, fuck off underage

It's whole gimmick is taking off a genre which realized it was retarded and started taking off itself decades earlier. It's a shit comedy, it's a shit horror movie and it's a shit satire of the genre.

The movie lives off of its stupid twist and the satire that the average viewer was too ignorant to see through.

I think that the hype is dead now. Video games aren't novel anymore.

I'm sure if it was made people would see it, but true hype doesn't exist in Hollywood. People would see it because it would probably have a marketing budget of $100 million+.

>only one role played by Idris Elba
AREYOUKIDDINGME/10

>pitbull
kek

Ghost in the Shell directed by Michael Mann with Ron Perlman as fucking Bato.

Who'd be Motoko?

Who would you cast Rich Piana as?

Dunno. Lena Headey maybe. It's all cheekbones and big eyes. Olivia Wilde? Zemfira, lol?

>It's all about cheekbones and big eyes
fixed

Fuck I would watch it

Yeah the first one was shit but fun at times. Around the 3rd act it dragged really badly, but the monsters all looked cool and they recreated SH1's opening really, really well.

The 2nd one was the worst movie I have ever seen.

The Fall of the Reach story is far better than Combat Envolved or any Halo Game

that's not saying much.

That's pretty good, but ¿How can you even compare?

youtube.com/watch?v=6GBHkaqBWKI

>he worries about pussy when thinking about a movie he'd like to watch

Haha oh wow, a genuine numale

You know there's a Fall of Reach movie already, right?

Halo games stories are good (Only the ones made by bungie), but the fall of the reach book is awesome, at least i loved it when i read it some years ago

>xenomorph

this is reddit
this is memes
this is reddit
this is memes

>it's poorly disguised videogame thread on a television and film board

i would need a time machine so we could cast the youngversion of the members of monty python
but it would be glorious

Put in Christina Hendricks as Jesse and I'm on board

>George Miller
Filthy Frank?

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Directed by Martin Campbell
Starring Kiefer Sutherland.

a real Resident Evil 1-3 movies adaptation

Especially RE2, done right it could be a fucking great survival horror movie

>tfw Cred Forums writes a book before /lit/

lol

Who be dat Sansa?

>subtle

>John cena as john snow

top lel

Was that what went wrong?

I thought that it never got green lit cause bungie was asking for way too much

Something like 60% of the profits

Get rid of the nigress and depp and it'd be good.

mick foleys daughter

Thanks.

there are now Cred Forums posters who are young enough that halo was their first fps and xbox their first gaming system who are nostalgic for this piece of shit game

not one of those (my first fps was GoldenEye), but Halo was a breddy gud shooter at least in the multiplayer mode. Or maybe it was just such a refreshment after playing Perfect Dark which runs at like 3fps in multiplayer.

wow you are so fucking cool dude

Too bad the Halo novels all suck. There is so much potential for good stories, but like almost all books based on games, the writing is shit. I could commission a high school student to write a fan fiction and it would be indistinguishable in terms of quality.

>there will never be a full budgets 80's Unreal Tournament movie

It was actually Microsoft that got a percent of the grosses, not Bungie. Most studios turned Microsoft down because the terms of the deal were so ridiculous in terms of seceding creative control to MS and MS doing well financially no matter what the movie actually grossed (they were asking for $10 million upfront and 10% first dollar gross). Universal and 20th Century Fox eventually agreed to co-distribute with MS getting $5 million and 10%, but then Peter Jackson came onboard as producer and his company also got gross points. Uni & Fox asked MS and Jackson to reduce their gross points and they refused, so production was cancelled.

Fall of Reach was good, not fucking great but good. Seen worse books made into a movie

Why don't they make a medium budget Halo movie that's a little bit smarter than the games, and have it focus on some ODST's or something's. Then if that does well, they can do a full budget movie with the characters from the games.

Been a while since I read that one. Just try to re-read First Strike and I couldn't because it was so rough.

Also, it's the book that made a typo and gave the Longsword both 120 cannons and "110mm rotary guns", which the idiots in charge of Halo cannon just accepted instead of correcting.

The intro to UT2003 is perfect, mish mash of wrestling and blood sport

youtube.com/watch?v=b18Va6bl1Q4

>87 posts
>no Dune

Fuck sake guys we need a (good) adaption. HBO show when? Who should play who?

>director: probably ridley scott
>producer: brad mcquaid
>soundtrack: Jay Barbeau

kek

He's a good director, it's just that his scripts are garbage and that one South African actor he continually tonguefucks is mediocre. I feel like he'd pull at least a decent job when adapting other material.

>book based on a video game
Cred Forums - Television & Film