letterboxd.com/white_water/
letterboxd.com/ggeecckkoo/
letterboxd.com/GenlyAi/
letterboxd.com/vanchirak/
letterboxd.com/josiahmorgan11/film/cat-people/
letterboxd.com/machill54/film/blood-feast/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

taxation is theft

I hate films but I watch them because I can't read books.

>letterboxd

Sorkin is so bad

Are you me?

Might be.

What did they mean by this

this is true

"Anne, punch me in the face" - President of Harvard Univeristy

are u retarded

I'm not jewish why they do dis

good thread

indeed

letterboxd.com/bvgf/

Spin Out got a nationwide release, and that tells you all you need to know about the quality of Australian film.

Miracle was a solid Disney flick, nothing exceptional.

Soul Plane was trash, but had an occasionally decent gag or two.

Gone With The Wind was excellent. Got to see it on the big screen on the weekend with a packed audience. Clark Gable pretty much dominates the screen the entire time he's there.

why does my profile list "recent likes" instead of "recent activity"?

All good and correct assessments

You aren't logging the films with dates

>anime ranked

what up fellow moviegoers

The Haunting fucking sucked. One of the most overrated horror movies I have ever seen.

letterboxd.com/white_water/

white_water = embryo

The Innocents over that schlock anyday fite me m8

letterboxd.com/ggeecckkoo/

Yes, The Innocents is better, this is true.
But it isn't this comparison that shows your embryoness. It's the 'overrating' position and the ridiculous 4/10.

This used to be a running joke and still is where I'm from (not France). Then it goes like 'why do you need 200? Here, take 100.' Or he ends up shunning the kid away not giving him anything.

letterboxd.com/GenlyAi/

Nice ratings

Anyone seen this and where did you watch it?

I can't tell if that's sarcasm or not

>there are no ratings there
>he can't be sure if it's sarcasm or not

He could have been talking about the linked profile, not the picture. Hence confusion.

damn, you're stupid

>finland

Yep, and that's the way of the world. Confusion reigns!

letterboxd.com/vanchirak/

What did you guys thought about Ordet?

Ok

Include a relevant insult at least if you're going after my country

For some countries, to be from there is already the insult. Not that I would fit Finland in that category myself.

What did you guys think of this?

>My first Tourneur, an exploration of the dimension of humanity. Fear is derived from perception: she litters, and he pointedly notes the sign focal on human contamination - a sign which would otherwise have gone unseen (every image comes from the screenplay, but not directly - this film is great because the images are merely suggested by the words, hinted at, Tourneur teases them out, finds their home). Scary because it capitalizes on the fear of You not being You, a fear that Your Body which you own actually belongs to some One or Thing else. History stalks us, and so we suppress it, we repress everything internal until it is forced to manifest within the external. This is human nature.

letterboxd.com/josiahmorgan11/film/cat-people/

*Ordet.

also, to give it a 4/10- while 10/10s like candy to fucking VG- only shows that you have a long way to go, embryo.

I'm sure that there is no human being that honestly rates Chronicle of Anna Magdalena Bach 5/5 and Ordet 2/5

What is it about Vincent Gallo's movies that you like so much?

not that guy but Buffalo 66 is a very good movie

That doesn't mean a 10/10

t. mashill

t. macuck

Sure, but to rate both that and The Brown Bunny 5/5, I just wonder what it is about his films that user likes to that degree.

I haven't even seen it

It's not that they're made by Gallo per se, in fact I find them to be very different in tone and scope, both good character studies on their own terms, and innovative.

maybe if you read my review of Anna Magdalena it'll change your appreciation for that film user. Straub and Guillet make incredibly complex films even if they don't look like at first glance.

:test:

My top ten of the year so far.
Any recommendations?

Good to see 10 Cloverfield Lane on there and even in the position it's in. I feel like that one has been kind of forgotten about by most. It's great.

The first cloverfield is one of my favourite movies of all time and this one fucking destroyed it in my opinion.

t. plebs tb.h

Overpraising the latest memethriller as having any kind of greatness, sm.h

it's well directed, paced and has the ability to build genuine tension
I'm not calling it a masterpiece, I'm just saying it's a very well constructed film something not a lot of films of the same ilk made today do not have. In that sense, it deserves some praise.

^ this

The Haunting is pretty bad, I only made it like 45 minutes in. A lot of extremely hokey pseudo-psychology as I remember

It's got that beautiful 60s black and white though that made me think it would be better than it was. I love that era of light grays for everything

>emanating a hot opinion when he doesn't have the most minimal capacity to do such
Nice

these are my picks.

It was a late night TCM watch, not worth literally losing sleep over it

And saying you need to see an entire film to know you won't like it is a meme.

>2 stars to Ordet
>5 stars to a Straub/Guillet joint and Vincent Gallo shit

you are trying way way too hard

For knowing if you will like it or not sure, a teaser can do the job if you want.
But to have a real claim on evaluating quality, the rule, obviously, is to watch the complete work.

A trailer is purposefully edited to portray the movie a certain way, they aren't reliable. But I think 20-30 minutes is plenty of time to get a grasp on the tone and ambitions of the film and decide if it's to my liking. Not to say I turn everything I don't love off, but I know if I'm not into something

Anypony have the Criterion Designs pdf/epub?

I need to watch the invitation, the trailer looked great.

better taste

me to

letterboxd.com/machill54/film/blood-feast/

Shame this week fell before the Arrow HG Lewis coffret is released (and an even bigger shame that I bought the something weird blu-ray shortly before the announcement). Think I'll watch the films from the early Murnau set the rest of this week, pretty excited to watch the last laugh in particular

Oops forgot pic

Heard it wasn't good.

Why did no one tell me about this masterpiece?

I think you meant to look for embryo faggot general. This is /lbg/.

Well, that's the clearly and definitely the place then

hating on It's such a beautiful day won't make you a patrician

ok

ok embryo

Neither does liking it

Kes >>>>>>> The 400 Blows
Fight me

word up