What do you think about this movie? And do you like it?

What do you think about this movie? And do you like it?

One of the best psychological horror flicks in recent history.

I would r*pe the monster if you catch my drift

It's pretty good.

Though I will say those last 5 minutes where unnecessary and a shame about the stock monster sounds.

It had some really good moments, like the first appearance of The Babadook and the scene in the car, but it started to lose me near the end. While it was definitely refreshing, I wouldn't say it's my favourite modern horror film.

It Follows > The Witch > The Babadook

Not very scary but it has good atmosphere. The Witch had the same problem

i liked the way the babadook was portrayed and appeared up until the end when it became there pet basement spook
overall a good psychological horror but nothing groundbreaking

How was it refreshing? Serious question.

It was pretty good until you see the monster. Such a piece of shit CGI, it ruined the whole movie.

maybe for pure enjoyment levels but it follows wasnt scary at all

I liked that the babadook could be whatever you wanted it to be, until the end at least.

I pretended it was an alien that targeted unfit mothers

Screaming autistic kid for most of it. Most overrated horror since Blair Witch.

garbage tier drama about a mother and her autistic child mis-represented as a horror film

absolute fucking shit.

Why the fuck do you care?Sometimes you guys are just opening threads just to open threads.Social media is cancer.

This is more of a personal sentiment, but the lack of jump scares was refreshing to me. I'm sure there are plenty of modern horror movies without jump scares that in just too much of a pleb to have seen, but to see a moderately popular horror with no jump scares was a nice change.

any scene involving the monster being shown was shit coupled with the fact it used stock sounds from Doom almost completely ruins the movie

Is this ironic?

Did you genuinely like It Follows?

You are too easily influenced by other's opinions.

The fuck I am. I watched it precisely BECAUSE it was recommend in a horror thread and thought it was pretty weak overall. Plot holes you could drive a truck through. After a string of good recomendations from here I genuinely thought I'd been rused.

Kids face and mannerisms annoyed me, so I understand the mothers actions. The babadook was just an analogy to that dark desire. I also found its phone voice and appearance creepy. Kid AMAF tho, I repeat, AMAF.

Am I the only one who thought it was a dark comedy? It didn't feel like a horror for a single moment. The stupid mom that makes the same stupid face the entire film, the super annoying kid, the weird monster which had a ridiculously funny voice, the mom keeping the monsters for a pet at the end etc. I laughed so many times.

The whole thing is about the mother's depression, guilt and paranoia following the death of her husband which she blames herself and her son for. That's why you can't get rid of the Babadook once you let it in, you can only get it under control and banish it to the basement, but it'll always be there waiting to resurface. Pretty solid film though, they handle the analogy well, it has a decently creeping feeling of dread about it, and the two main characters give good performances that fit well with both the spooky supernatural side of it, and the mental health aspect of the story.

shit. no. another horror flick ruined by the third act

i watched it without sound and dubbed everything with friends
it was pretty funny
but not very scary
i give it 5/10