youtu.be/4XdwP7F0eqE
youtu.be/i6jiVT9fQiM
youtube.com/watch?v=8SPBJRzW2HM
youtube.com/watch?v=11aXcupxH-o
youtube.com/watch?v=zaxBNqAdYXE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

childhood

It was decent follow up to dragon ball which was much much superior

Fuck I came here to post this, then as the thread was opening I was going to say nostalgia, but then I saw you stole my original and now I'm sad :(

Being too young to care about actual good shows

pleb

As I tike I wanted to be the strongest. As a result I consumed this show like nothing else before.

That episode where Gohan teaches Videl about energy and flying...

Did you try it Cred Forums?

this, original Dragonball is great especially the manga. DBZ is okay until Trunks shows up then it turns to shit

Dbz should have ended with cell

This
fucking Cred Forums cancer

Soundtrack

he had a hard life, but he overcame it with blind rage

fpbp

dbz is pretty fucking awful. Which is too bad cause it has one of the greatest reversal trope reveals of all time.

I never noticed in this group pic that trunks is looking directly at vegeta

As a tike a wanted to be the strongest so I watched DBZ.

Nah it should have ended with Freeza. Once you get to the point where the characters can destroy planets with no effort you should stop

After that there is no discernible differences in ability except what we are told through exposition, Trunks/Android saga is when shit got stale

Because it was fucking good?

youtube.com/watch?v=JtOwGrQ-25M

>big powerful enemy shows up
>z fighters who arent goku waste time fighting it for some reason
>z fighters get their asses kicked or die
>goku comes and fucks around with the enemy and eventually murders it
>repeat

The revelation of the SS transformation had to absolutely be expanded upon.

its got balls

Not really. Toriyama was going to end the series with Freeza and only decided to continue it because he was greedy.

You watched DBZ after school
You are white
You were an unpopular kid with few friends
You were between 9-14
You watched it and loved it due to the weak becoming strong
the triumph over the bad guys and the hope it gave you over good people beating bad people (ie you and those who bullied you)
You use to try and perform the Kamehamaha wave and go Super Saiyin when no one was around
You are in this thread

You were on a role with the first 4.

It's kind of weird how most of the main characters were middle-aged dudes who hung out in wastelands. Also the protagonist was married with kids. Doesn't fit with most of my anime tropes.

>What made it so good?

You not knowing what "good" means.

The rest is your just not wanting to admit how sad a child you were. It's okay user

cell ark was a lot better than freiza, why? one reason:

5 minutes

the music

youtube.com/watch?v=u868dJG4HFo

skip to 3:27

I watched it with all my chad buddies faggot

is that whilst they railed you in your asshole?

only happens like 3 times in all of DBZ though

That''s obvious

Asshole
You forgot - danced to the theme song when it played on the tv

this is the weeb music. Bruce Faulconer shits on it

Funny you say that considering only really defeats one enemy. Kid Majin Buu

This nigga gets it
youtube.com/watch?v=h2JjjSKh6jM

I was an unpopular nerd user not a camp teenager

i like all the music. Its jazzed up a bit,buts not weeb music

based

THIS

lol you never powered up and became a saiyan. most of us were able to accomplish this. you missed out.
even after you were bullied you didn't become saiyan.

It helped a generation of children with ADD/ADHD focus by taking what amounts to a 5 minute fight and stretching it out to hours and hours and hours of cartoon video.

Goku begins to go super saiyan in single fight and completes it 2 years and 5 seasons later.

Goku is everybody's friend

>tfw you will never be trained by goku to meet your maximum physical potential.
>you will never chill with him after training eating a banquet in the company of good natured heroes

DBZ was one of those shows that only athletes didn't watch. Literally everyone i know who would be considered a Chad I've had a passing remark about the show with them and they've mentioned something they liked about it. The average DBZ fan was not the average weeabo Naruto fan.

where they ever called z fighters in the show, i cant remember

like Dragonball

The Video Games are a major reason. While not the best fighters, the DBZ fighting games came out during a massive drought in the genre. There were no street fighter games coming out and MK was releasing a large quantity of mediocrity. DBZ games took advantage of this by making basic, competent fighters for 10-15 year olds. The other reason why it was "good" was due to the fact that it was one of the first serious action cartoons on TV. The action shows before it were goofy crap like TMNT or He Man. This took away the humor for what at the time was brutal action for kids.Looking back, Dragon ball to the Frieza Saga is a pretty good show. The Cell Saga should have been the last season. Everything after cell is fucking horrible. Also, GT>Super.

BUT OF COURSH
>sitting in my room for an hour trying to focus my ki
>nothing fucking happens
I haven't been that disappointed since not receiving my letter of acceptance for Hogwarts.

Actually, Trunks killed Frieza and Gohan killed Cell.
Goku only killed Buu with the Genki Dama.

Jokes on you I'm not white

the characters, the villains, the humor, the never before seen transformations and ki power build up, the simple yet charming special moves

fuck it even the Goku Black saga is pretty good so far

The fact that I was 9.

>even the Goku Black saga is pretty good so far

its weird when goku was a kid he killed people all the time

Ew.

Except for the fact that everyone watched it.
My chad buddy even let me borrow the Buu saga on a DVD.

what happened to all the dinosaurs and animal people in DBZ?

it is, you are just a jaded nick picking user who thinks everything is shit

Did anyone ever try the fusion dance with one of their friends?

not true, he killed some demons but human beings the only one you could count is Grand Pa Gohan

>Greatest reversal trope reveals of all time.

What exactly areally you referring to?

it repeats itself constantly and autists like repetition.

>Villain can kick good guys ass
>Good guys get powerup (usually from fucking nowhere fuck you "hurr they train fags") see: Kaioken, Guru amping up Gohan and Krillin, Nail fusing with Piccolo, Kami fusing with Piccolo, Goku instantly getting the ability to exponentially increase his power, Gohan suddenly going SS2, and the ol' fan favourite "SHARE YOUR ENERGY WITH ME" etc
>Kick villains ass
>Dohoho but I have another form
>Kicks heroes ass
>Another hero turns up, has gained arbitrary power up
>Kicks villains ass
>Dohoho but I have another form
>Rinse and repeat
>Main hero, usually Goku gets the final huge power up, kills the villain

Rinse. Repeat.

That Vegeta was evil when he became Majin Vegeta simply because he was being controlled by Babidi and had no say in the matter.

It wasn't. Vegeta knew EXACTLY what he was doing and enjoyed it.

This guy should have replaced Buu as the final villain

He killed a lot of humans in the Red Ribbon army finale.

naaa Buu was great, all of them Buus

oh shit I forgot about that

It was supposed to end with the cell games with Gohan becoming the greatest. Dragonball was Goku's tale but DBZ was supposed to culminate into Gohan being the greatest and Goku dying and being at peace. Shuesha got greedy and decided to milk the saga though Toriyama wanted to be done with it. In the end he went along with it and ended the series with the Buu saga. But Shuesha felt they could still milk it resulting in GT which Toriyama had nothing to do with.

The main reason I like Super is because it's effectively negating GT

trips of truth

Why was Satan in DBZ?

Dragonball is superior

>trope reveals

Fuck off to your containment website

I never understood where this devil nigga came from I mean Frieza was the strongest in the universe and then Cell was a new creation, Buu has been sleep for thousands of years everybody forgot about him and the energy to resurrect him was not easy to obtain but where did Dabura came from? the devil realm? I initially though he was like that judge who sents people to hell or that he was the one punishing people on hell and was not allowed to exit that place, was it that?

But black people absolutely loved DBZ

It's rising action, but they're not all the same arcs.

You don't just fusion dance with anyone, it's gotta be someone you really LIKE like.

Then explain why Krillin is there.

FUUUUUUUUUUUSION
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Because Toriyama can't into multiple characters

We're talking about a man who literally forgot Launch existed

The two parts of Firestom from The Flash/Legends of Tomorrow

>yfw Goku's first kill was grandpa Gohan

excellent pacing, always fresh and intense combat sequences, break neck pacing, shakespeare level dialogue that never dragged on too long, top notch animation

In all seriousness though I think it was mostly cause of the distinctive character design

there was a demon world in DB but some vampire looking guy was in charge.

I want to say there's a world opposite to the Kaioshin planet.
although the idea of the demon Kai is never really explored, the biggest one being that villain from xenoverse.

>Excellent pacing

Are you fucking high mate?

Watch it again, no really, do and tell me its excellent pacing

Kai was made for a reason

>You are in this thread
How the fuck did you know?!!

Nice linkin park amv faggot.

>Toriyama teases us with the most badass character ever
>Kid Gohan nearly reaches that level when he lets his rage fly in the Cell games
>"I promise, dad, I'll become the saviour of Earth"
>Fuck yeah fuck yeah
>10 years later
>Yesss!!
>Completely emasculated proto Nu-male Gohan
Fuck you Toriyama

>there was a demon world in DB but some vampire looking guy was in charge
I dont remember this was it some filler episode?

Gohan was always a pussy bitch

Character development

Especially Gohan and Vegeta

yeah, before the second world tournament in DB I believe

>Gohan
>Character development
You mean character retrogression, right?

>>In all seriousness though

>Conveniently forgetting about the Cell Games

That'll teach me for assuming someone is high when I myself am high

Apologies mate

Anyone feel like had DBZ tier power level growth in this show?

>Conveniently forgetting about after Cell Games
Congrats, Gohan became a man for like 2 episodes, to then go back to a whiny baby

Tfw Gohan gets his power handed back to him without doing anything and it ends up being a waste two eps later.

youtube.com/watch?v=eZx4Lu1V-0Y

My god, he is right

Toriyama explicity said that he hates Gohan, which is odd taking into account that nobody forced him to create him, come up with the idea of hybrids being ubermench, etc

Actually those were like 6 episodes, and Gohan even had a last moment of doubt when he felt guilty for the death of his own dad

>3x stronger than Goku's SSJ3
>Moves slow as fuck
>Punches have no impact
>His aura barely lifts a breeze

This was the best story line on the show.

>Gohan, former strongest person on the planet, is growing up and in high school
>He's basically Clark Kent
>Runs around town stopping crimes in his silly outfit
>Saves Videl a couple of times
>Has a few of those "accidentally showing off his powers" moments like the baseball scene
>Shows Videl how to fly, they're clearly meant for each other and form a relationship

This should have been it's own show. Gohan was a much more interesting character than the "FIGHTING AND EATING ALL THE TIME" characters like Goku and Vegeta.

youtu.be/4XdwP7F0eqE
youtu.be/i6jiVT9fQiM
youtube.com/watch?v=8SPBJRzW2HM

No but like Gohan I brought a girl home and made her believe I could teach her. Then we touched each other pee-pees.

On a side note I was 17 and her 5.

White people didn't watch dbz

I'm black
I wasn't unpopular but I wasn't super popular, most people like me, and we were all into anime

Pokemon
Digimon
Dragonball z
Outlaw Star
Gundam Wing
Big O

it was great

Outlaw Star was the shit. Gene using that caster was one of the coolest things to see on tv at the time. It was like a competitor for Cowboy Bebop but I thought it was better. All the characters were interesting/cool/funny.

retarded fans thinking its good

>Suspense
>Honor and perseverance
>Charisma

>

Gundam wing is still really good. Just recently watched it for the first time in ages

ma nigga knows where its at

Check out the other Gundam series if you enjoyed it.

Gundam Wing is like Gundam-lite. It's entry level as fuck but if you liked it, you should really try some of the other shit.

Toonami, basically.

I have, the original Mobile Suit Gundam is still my favorite
>youtube.com/watch?v=11aXcupxH-o

[angry cat sounds intensify]

>childhood

Wrongo. I didn't grow up with DBZ, but I appreciate the characters and the animation (much more so in the original DB).

youtube.com/watch?v=zaxBNqAdYXE

late 90's early 00's Toonami was so great

>Beautiful color styling
>Electric guitar opening and aggressive narrator giving it a WWE vibe
>Talking about it the next day at Recess
>Getting to watch other classics like Gundam Wing, Big O, and Hamtaro

same place that all of babidi's slaves came from. they were all just random powerful people that he found and turned into his fighters.

animation

But Dabura was a demon king that was insanely strong

dragon ball is still fucking fantastic as an adventure anime. the world, story and characters are so rich and charming as fuck.
dragon ball z is not as good as DB but still is a pretty good action anime, just take out all of the filler.
las voces mexicanas son las mejores

slice of life dragon ball z is the best.
but i have to say, a slice of life show aboutn vegeta and bulma is what i desire the most.

Thank you for introducing me to that term. I didn't know it before and it's perfect

what term? desire?

>You watched DBZ after school
Nope, I had to buy the tapes, because my shitty local cable didn't have CN

>You are white
Yes

>You were an unpopular kid with few friends
Kind of

>You were between 9-14
Yes

>You watched it and loved it due to the weak becoming strong
Partly on a subconscious level, I guess, but it was also just a natural continuation of my childhood love of comics, wrestling, and Street Fighter

>the triumph over the bad guys and the hope it gave you over good people beating bad people (ie you and those who bullied you)
Maybe...I guess?

>You use to try and perform the Kamehamaha wave and go Super Saiyin when no one was around
No, I wasn't young enough for that. I did, however, try to move stuff with my mind.

>You are in this thread
No.

I did all these except in not fucking white

>when no one was around

Bitch please, the male entire population of my gym class was going super sayian on the soccer field after Goku finally did on CN.

I remember Dabura was from hell thats why when he died he was sent to heaven