The entire premise of Voyager is that Janeway violates the prime directive and ends up stranding her entire crew in the...

The entire premise of Voyager is that Janeway violates the prime directive and ends up stranding her entire crew in the Delta quadrant, but for the next 7 years she refuses to use numerous faster ways home as she thinks it violates the prime directive. Massive plot hole?

Why didn't she just call Starfleet, say she needs a new Warp drive, and have them warp a ship carrying it to her and warp back?

or she learnt from her mistake. prime directive is talked about like its the literal word of god for starfleet. no doubt she is feeling massive amounts of guilt for what she has done to her crew hence the coffee addiction(and the implied rum thats in it

Did you even watch the show. At the full warp capabilities of the ship it would take 70 years to get home. They were stranded by someone else's technology!

>Did you even watch the show.
No. How did she get home then? A super mega Warp drive?

Or some wormhole magic?

Because even at the absolute maximum possible theoretical speed it would have taken them seventy five years to get home. They managed to reduce it to seven through magical plot contrivances.

imagine being a member of that crew

>after half a dozen years of hell, you've almost given up any hope of seeing your friends and family again
>suddenly, a chance to get home appears
>you start daydreaming about what a relief it's going to be to see and touch your loved ones again, and not be fighting for your life every day
>the captain ruins the opportunity (again) due to some "principle" she flip-flops on every other day

how would you not despise that woman with a burning passion?

In the 23rd century women are still insane. The more Trek I watch, the more I realize how redpilled it is, especially DS9.

Commander Chipotle should've taken over, the crew would have been home in seconds with akoochemoya to guide them

>A super mega Warp drive?
this

>the more I realize how redpilled it is, especially DS9.

If you noticed too that in star trek the humans have wholesome heterosexual relationships and traditional families. It's usually the aliens that are degenerate

If some STfag doesn't mind explaining it to me, how exactly did she violate the prime directive and get everyone stuck in the middle of nowhere?

Also they had no counselor aboard. Half the crew probably murdered Janeway on the holodeck as a hobby.

>find instant way home
>captain fucks off with the pilot
>find them on a planet with their weird lizard babies
>incredibly awkward ever since
>never try Warp 10 again

By destroying alien technology which technically is interfering in alien affairs.
She did it to save a pretty primitive (compared to the federation) race but lost her chance to use it to get home instantly.

Funny you say that. There was an episode which it appeared star fleet had sent them an advance warp ship for this purpose, but it was a hoax. Janeway caused the borg to take over this guy's species and he was out for revenge. Janeway is the biggest cunt in the galaxy.

Why didn't they just use the Cryo-chambers?

I wonder how people would react to these decisions if it were a man making these choices.
(Not baiting, just genuinely curious, nobody seems to mind when Picard violates the prime directive, although he didn't get his crew lost half way across the galaxy)

>No. How did she get home then? A super mega Warp drive?
Yes.

>Or some wormhole magic?
Yes.

>first woman captain with own show
>gets lost

Because they're explorers, you don't join starfleet just because

>No. How did she get home then? A super mega Warp drive?
>
>Or some wormhole magic?
both, Borg mapped and used wormholes to pop up in distant places in the galaxy. They had a hub and from there they jump to distant places to fuck shit up.
They got info on how to enter the hub and they collapsed the wormholes as they went through to fuck Borg up and leave them stranded in the Delta Quadrant.

they got home by not giving a shit not only on the prime directive but also on the time directive. In the end Janeway learnt that she got almost everyone killed or fucked in the ass by just following the prime directive, she traveled back in time and gave herself a shortcut to save everyone.

No plothole.

They had Neelix as a distraction.

Plot hook

>No plothole.

Expect now the borg are familiar with highly advanced and futuristic federation tech thanks to Janeway traveling back in time and introducing it to them

DEVILISH

I feel like Star Trek could make a good sci-fi setting that's outside their comfy atmosphere the show seems to take on. Like they go on wacky adventures to fuck up the Borg and shit. Every time I've watched any, it just seems slow and very episodic with not much of an over arcing story. Which is fine, that's Star Trek. I dunno, the universe seems cool I just could never get into it.

Again, coming from someone who hasn't seen many episodes of any of them, so I could be wayyy off.

Thanks famalam, enjoy your dubs

>having to travel through unknown empires plus borg space
>lets put everyone asleep and let the doctor fly the ship!

sounds like a good idea to me..

besides starfleet never used cryo chambers
they only encountered people from the past in them

there must have been something wrong with those people and the thats the reason they gave up on them

She continues to violate the prime directed unless and until it provides a way to get home, in which case it's time for a speech about the principals of starfleet.

You basically described DS9. Its still slow and episodic, because thats a staple of trek, but its also got all the things you mentioned.

Generally the same. Most Trek fans who hate VOY don't hate it because a woman was captain. They hate it because of shit like how they made a big deal about having to integrate a Starfleet crew and a terrorist crew, how few resources they have (like irreplaceable photon torpedoes), and how none of that actually got explored. By season 2, the crew is basically the same as any Starfleet ship, barring a few mentions of terrorist pasts. We never see them build new torpedoes or even trade for them, they just magically have a ton of them to do "Full spread!"s all the time.

There is also the fact that Janeway destroyed their easiest way home in the pilot, for sensible reasons, but with poorly thought out methods.

They could have gone home and saved the people Janeway wanted to save. She just didn't bother to consider any other options.

And it's the writer's fault. The whole VOY writing staff was generally bad.

Neat I should give it a go.

Is it true that many writers were angry in which direction the show went and left for Battlestar Galactica? I heard something along the lines that there they took the surviving aspect more serious.

>voyager
>consistent

its the most reviled for a reason

Because warp drive means you're never that far away from help or a hospitable planet. And there are plenty of things to keep them busy during travel, both on and off duty.

Plus they're explorers. Can't explore shit if you're asleep.

T A R K A N A I V
A__A
R A P E G A N G S
K__E
A__G
N__A
A__N

I__G
V__S

Only one: Ronald D. Moore. He was a writer on TNG, moved to DS9, stayed with that until it's conclusion, then worked on VOY for a couple of episodes before becoming fed up with the behind-the-scenes bs with that show that led to its sub-par quality, including what you described. He then went to create and be the show runner of BSG, no doubt showing what VOY should've been like in some respects.