The DCEU's whole schtick is "what if superheroes existed in our world" as a way of being realistic. Despite this...

The DCEU's whole schtick is "what if superheroes existed in our world" as a way of being realistic. Despite this, does anyone feel the MCU has done this better and more realistically? I feel IRL our world be more like MCU and eventually adapt to the idea of having superheroes and treat them like celebrities. The whole idea of people worshipping and talking about Superman as a god after he's been public for two years just seems incredibly unrealistic and silly to me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QfubcZaU1is
youtube.com/watch?v=cZ12ghCqO3o
deadline.com/2008/04/paramount-thinks-iron-man-will-be-platinum-5572/
ew.com/article/2008/05/06/update-iron-man-opened-986-mil
youtube.com/watch?v=KAE5ymVLmZg
boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3724&p=.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Blame hack snyder for that.
Nolan's trilogy treated batman as a vigilante in a normal world.

DC films have a comic book feel to them

marvel movies have a cloverfield, blair witch project feel to them

Snyder thinks realism means grimdark photography

Stay in highschool.

So in the MCU are all the backgrounds of the heros public?

Did thor explain Asgard and shit to a bunch of reporters?

>image.jpg

No, it would be a humanity changing God on Earth event that would change mankind not just a quip about le Battle of New York.

Thor became public when he appeared alongside two world famous superheroes Captain America and Iron Man in NYC. The general public probably assumes Norse mythology is his gimmick.

>72 people died in the battle of NY

A guy running around in tights and saving people is not a humanity changing event. Phoenix Jones exists.

We are still seeing remains of Jesus and Muhammed, don't you think a person with indisputable magical powers and near infinite power would shake up society?

Yes. 6 superheroes showed up and saved the day and preventing casualties their priority. Your point?

pathetic 2bqh, senapai

DC: gods on earth
Marvel: Science giving men powers

>an ayy army with flying death worms descend on Manhattan
>hulk is involved
>under a hundred people die
It's laughable.

>entire buildings fall to the ground
>only 72 people
I mean I get it, it's fucking disney, but you people making up serious excuses for this is really pathetic

That was my assumption.

Considering he was mentioned as a walking nuke, they don't seem to realize they can't actually tell him what he's allowed to do, even legally. What with not being a citizen of any country on Earth.

DC films have a old paper smell to them
Marvel Movies smell more like cinnomn and Peppermints.

Marvel movies feel more like steadicam horror movies.... you may have a mental disorder.

No buildings fell to the ground, though. I watched it yesterday on TV. They graze a lot of buildings, smash a lot of windows, but nothing ever collapses.

>grimdark photography

LITERALLY THE BATMAN COMIC

IT WAS A SUNDAY

no they have a reality tv show feel to them. they probably use the same camera The View uses

>The whole idea of people worshipping and talking about Superman as a god after he's been public for two years just seems incredibly unrealistic and silly to me.
I'm sure the whole "superpowered alien shtick" would get old very fast indeed, especially after an attempted terraformation by a bunch of aliens. In two years, that's old news. Just look at 9/11, who cares about it anymore?

72 human beings died. It mattered.

Meanwhile, Man of Destruction watched a billion people died in the first movie and then in his second movie. If only every person that gets killed meant a dollar in the box office, the DCEU wouldn't be a laughing stock.

no.

I mean David Copperfield and MINDFREAK guys do that shit all the time.

It's good for a lark, but unless they're going to go full on tony stark and end war, who the fuck cares.

Helicopter Rescue teams save people more then superman does because it's their job, not just because they saw tv and thought it was neat, but because there's a radio crew set up to deploy them at a moments notice.

>people died in a movie! THE HUMANITY!

lol marvel redditors are so liberal

People are unfortunately prone to accepting authority figures so yes. Marvel glosses over this except in Captain America stories. I think what Marvel did right was a pick a tone early on and run with it.

I think Zack Snyder wanted to be Alan Moore, but he also wanted his characters or needed his characters to feel heroic at the same time and the problem is realism and heroics are at an odds with one another so you need to pick a side. So instead of something compelling either way we get a flat experience that exaggerates the worst aspects of both and feels more goofy than marvels McDonald toy heroics.

DC: Jesus has arrived
Marvel: Science and literally Gods on earth.

Superheroes wouldn't say quipshit in real life user

The Marvel heroes simply don't present themselves as authority figures, aside from Captain America and maybe Iron Man. Thor is almost never on Earth, Hulk wouldn't inspire any following, Black Widow and Hawkeye are spies lurking in the shadows.

Saturation, is sort of the term you mean. It's not just desaturated and colorized in only shades of brown and blue, but has a color scheme set up like normal reality would look like.

It's true, the power of the aliens technology was devastating, who the fuck would be caring about a Football game at that time. Shit would be like post-9/11.

Instead it seemed more like a small crisis like a school shooting happened. Yeah the world was almost destroyed, but...

>AYY LAMO are real, but Superman is god, God is an Alien?

The DCCU shtick so far isn't if superheroes were real, it's if superman was. No way would MoS superman be treated like a celebrity. People would worship him when he flies and drags cargo ships easily.

Not only could Superman trash the entire Avengers roster easily but so far he's the only one too so the world can't handle it.

yeah so OP has it backwards. marvel movies look like if you went outside right now you could see a thor fight happening in traffic.

the Snyderverse looks like a comic book

Snyder is trying to be deep as a countermeasure, but he's pretty damn pleb to attempt something like that. He repeats ideas from other sources he hopes people will recognize (Supes/Jesus from Donner Superman, Luthor's motivation from the Man of Steel comic, people fearing Superman like he's Doctor Manhattan, etc) but he doesn't really know what to do with them other than just repeat them and like "isn't this cool".

Not even saying Marvel is better, just that Snyder is a shit.

i disagree. Snyder is the Kubrick of our generation

>I feel IRL our world be more like MCU and eventually adapt to the idea of having superheroes and treat them like celebrities. The whole idea of people worshipping and talking about Superman as a god after he's been public for two years
absolutely not
the mcu is nothing like reality except for the superficial way in which people consume entertainment media

and the point of the depiction of superman in the movies is more about how humans react to not only power but things that are literally beyond us, in this way these movies are sci-fi in that there's the introduction of some sort of supernatural element and the way that people act in relation to it is used to some end

so in bvs you have natural reactions to superman, both vitriol and praise, as well as a commentary on how the character actually functions.

it's hilarious yet strange that the reactions to the movie prove that he functions as a sort of deity, and the conversations around what he should or shouldn't be sometimes sound exactly like theological discourse

Let's go tet a tet

Post a scene from any Marvel movie as good as this

youtube.com/watch?v=QfubcZaU1is

>public decries "asshole depressed" Superman for succumbing to world's criticisms
>celebrates fascist Captain American for being a terrorist

there isnt a scene like this in the Marvel Reddit Universe

if there was it would be ruined with a comedic quip when it's supposed to be a serious moment

You should read Garth Ennis' comic book The Boys. That's what the world with superheroes would be like. Runner up would be MCU then DCEU

>Snyder has a focus on emotion and hyper-stylized visuals with emphasis on light and color
>Kubrick has a focus on the mechanical filmmaking where everything must be in focus and everything must be static symmetrical paintings or else close ups of crazy faces
>thinking these directors are at all similar

>he whole idea of people worshipping and talking about Superman as a god after he's been public for two years just seems incredibly unrealistic and silly to me.

If superman existed you wouldnt prey during an earthquake, god can0t save you, Superman can

>implying shit like "so falls the house of wayne" is above quips

Snyder shouldn't you be working on JL right now?

can we please put capeshit wars aside, there's no need for it

Not in terms of technical skills, in terms of revolutionizing the industry

Loki and thanos army killed less people than a terrorist in NORWAY.
That's how shitty that army was

>implying it's not

Seriously it's funny how these DCucks resort to "le quips!" ad if it actually means something. At least characters in the MCU talk like real people. Nobody talks like a DCEU character IRL unless you're a autistic edgelord.

You're right, that's why Marvel's characters are more believable, they're real people with real personalities the public treats like they do public personalities irl, DC characters are all unrealistic personalities treated like Gods, it's all very unconvincing.

yeah because DC won

marvel can have their SJW BLM movies. DC directors actually have integrity for their works and wont sacrifice it for a paycheck

>movies characters should talk like we do on reddit!

how does this type of posting help anyone?

lol so you need your superhero movies to be somewhat believable? LMAO

i want to see the movie where tony stark loses his fortune because he and his buddies destroyed billions of dollars worth of infrastructure and played a part in the deaths of hundreds of people without buy the right level of public liability insurance, and then uncle sam bails them out and they effectively become a US goon squad pursuing explicitly american interests as opposed to >muh hyoomanadee

especially if the time he and his buddies are in this goon squad is time they're basically doing community service because of all the felony violations and serious arrestable offences they committed without a mandate from the government.

the notion of a superman who is not bound by the laws the rest of us have to abide by really, really irks me.

its supposed to help brainwashed marvelfanboys snap out of their delusions that marvel kids movies are better than DC FILMS

>"it's the Wi-Fi password. We are not niggers, you know?

>Helicopter Rescue teams save people more then superman

you dumb fuck

A single individual who is ostensibly invincible and has the power to topple any government is most certainly world changing.

I think Civil War is like Arrow

>"I never hung out with friends"
Yeah it's called being able to relate to a character. Something the DCEU lacks.

both marvel and dc are for kids, user. ain't no shame in enjoying either (or, oh shit, both!) but acting like one side is superior is retarded

exactly. can you imagine a gay ass quip like that in a DC film? looool

>i don't have superpowers. how can I relate to these characters?

MY FUCKING SIDES

and how the fuck doesaccomplish that? by antagonizing people and making them stick to their opinions even more?

you and posters like you perpetuate a very easily dismissible persona that people use to affirm their own thoughts

look at any thread with anyone talking seriously about bvs, and immediately people refer to your type of posts

how does this help the case of showing that these movies have merit?

and i'm only replying in this way on the off chance you're sincere, as rarely do these types of posts serve any other purpose than to take advantage of already held negative attitudes

3 hour movie for kids? sure...

The fact that he's let his home go to shit is pretty dark.

Show's how detached Bruce is.

This. Superman is proof that not only do aliens exist, but they're infinitely superior to us even *without* their tech. Marvel had a chance to do this sort of thing with Thor, but they decided to turn him into a punchline instead.

fuck them. let them get brainwashed by the next BLM diversity spiderman movie

No, it's
>the people with super powers don't behave like people at all
That's what makes them unrelatable. Thor is an actual god and is still more human than Superman.

none of my friends talk like the mcu
and the characters through mos and bvs are plenty relatable

fucking vernacular alone in movies doesn't make a movie bad, and you're twisting a few moments of dialogue between specific characters to make out the movies to be something they are not

great. at least hopefully people will realize that people who post about these movies aren't one homogenous group

>3 hours of snyder's style-over substance editing with shallow badassery and AWESOME™ shots

yeah, basically

Marvel is simple laid back action flick.
DC is a more cynical universe that focuses on character and style.

Both can be good, and both good movies, can we please stop arguing over which is better? I thought this board was meant to be contrarian.

Superman is not from earth user. of course he's going to be different from other humans.

and thor is a god? his fight scenes are like a WWE match. some god marvel has

the editing between scenes was good in the movie, as every next scene was always related to the one before it

>style-over substance editing
what did he mean by this?

it seems you kids are bored by them and dont really like BvS though?

my point proved again that they are for the 25+ audience

In the MCU the heroes are like wrestlers in the wwe. They all have their gimmicks, characters and heel turns

Hell in Ultron they even set up the next PPV angle of Tony v Steve with Bucky at ring side

he didnt mean anything. pulling stuff from his ass

he's getting his evans laugh and rotten tomatoes folders ready

The DCEU is only dark on the surface. It's Zack Snyder's idea of maturity. Edgy and nothing personnal kid
The MCU is infantile on the surface, but has a darker undercurrent. Like an adult trying to explain the world to a child while shielding him from fear.
Or some bullshit like that. The MCU is fun and the DCEU is a boring snooze fest either way.

The DCEU is full of pretentious hacks like Snyder who are embarrassed they're making superhero movies so they're trying to "elevate" the genre in hamfisted, infantile ways, like DUDE WHAT IF SUPERMAN CAUSED SUICIDE BOMBINGS and DUDE WHAT IF BATMAN WAS A MASS MURDERER LOL

The Marvel movies have no illusions that they're making capeshit movies, and portraying the characters unironically and straight forward somehow makes them come off as more mature and intelligent.

>The Marvel movies have no illusions that they're making capeshit movies
Then why did they cell Civil War as a political thriller?

>Superman is not from earth user
He was raised on Earth and Earth culture is the only one he has ever known.
He is more from Earth than he will ever be from Krypton.

god that was so fucking annoying, they did it with AoU too.

They should just embrace it and go full camp/comedy, like spiderman and ant-man.

maybe the marketing was that way, but even if Civil War was the "dark" chapter of the series it still remained relatively lighthearted and hopeful.

Batman v Superman is cynical and dark all the way through.

>Batman v Superman is cynical and dark all the way through.
nah not really, there are scenes that are really fucking inspiring and hopeful, the end in particular is very raw and hopeful.

>does anyone feel the MCU has done this better and more realistically?
no, you must be retarded

>*unsheathes katana*

They who?

It's creepy how many people on the internet claim to mentally tune-out when watching Snyder films (against their will it seems like since they keep coming back for more).

Zack Snyder is also an Ayn Rand fanboy, so he can't understand altruism, let alone heroics.

then it's a better depiction of real life

i hate ayn rand but love Zack Snyder films. weird how you don't have to like or agree with everything

>character uses a katana
>her name is katana

>he can't understand altruism, let alone heroics.
have you watched any of his movies

>The DCEU's whole schtick is "what if superheroes existed in our world" as a way of being realistic.
This whole idea is also immediately destroyed when Batman is introduced by climbing on a ceiling at superspeed like he's Dracula's bride.

I can't believe there are anons here that aren't memeing and genuinely think snyder movies are good.

And you can't understand the difference between an external versus an internal motivation for heroism.

I love how they literally gave no reason why his house is ruined

ok friend, get back to shilling civil war

That's the Marvel way of making movies. They do genre movies and drop superheroes in them. Winter Soldier was a spy thriller. Iron Man 3 was a buddy cop movie.
And it works.

The Russos and Marvel studios

Well I'm sure Hitler would have hated Ayn Rand too...................

>MCU more realistic
>IRL everybody quips every 3 secs
>Superheroes are just commonly accepted and beloved with no oversight despite their fabulous powers and a city being destroyed by them a week

there is literally no proof of zack snyder being an ayn rand fanboy. it's the same shit as the obama and the birther shit

>Batman is introduced by climbing on a ceiling at superspeed like he's Dracula's bride.
Even cartoon Batman never looked that stupid.

hitler would probably hate Snyder and love the marvel reddit universe

>implying people dont really make stupid jokes constantly irl to avoid being serious or uncomfortable

>user has no friends to quip with.
Pretty sad to be quite honest famiglia.

that was the best entrance for Batman of all time. Snyder knows how to direct maaane

Only an Ayn Rand fanboy would want to make a Fountainhead movie.

haha you got me there.

People joke around IRL yes, but Marvel quips are a very specific style of quips that normal people just don't do. It's a mix of contextless remarks and pop culture advertisements

the only way to like a book is to completely adore every thought a the writer has had?

and you think this is a serious dismissal of zack as a filmmaker?

Marvel's world was eased into it
Cap was a super powered person in the 40s
Iron man is just a man in a suit and he had a to go before a tribunal just like Superman did. He also became a celebrity because he was already famous and was a show off .
Hulk was covered up until Abomination, nobody died and then people just seemed to ignore it.
Thor got into one fight in a town in the middle of nowhere and doesn't show up on Earth often.

DC chronologically had Batman known first but was more of a myth that people didn't believe
Superman is an alien that can destroy a city in minutes and was first revealed getting into a fight with several other people with similar power and thousands of died and despite people blaming him for all those deaths they made a giat statue of him in the middle of the city.

That's how I talk IRL all the time. All my brain has learned is sarcasm. Everyone hates me, needless to say. But they love their Marvel movies.

that dr. strange wifi password just sealed it for you didn't it?

to me it proved marvel is the hipster numale studio

Batman v Superman's tone is justified by the content of it's story

and even then it used all of it in order to say that something better is possible for humanity

how the fuck is this an appropriate argument for any movie,

Looks like it was actually destroyed rather than he just left it.

I'm 40 years old. The only mode my friends and me have is sarcastic quips and Simpsons references.
Maybe it's something Nu Male millenials like you can't understand.

>calling hack a filmmaker

I'm 20 and it's the same. The only difference is I'm constantly berated for being autistic even though 2/3 of them are sincerely autistic too.

sarcastic quipery in real life is the epitome of numale redditry

>the entirety of NY is leveled and only 72 people die
>two towers fall over and 3000 people die

What?

>he's a person who puts together moving images for the bigscreen

eh

I only watched Civil War but in that civilians seem to only exist when they are a tool for the plot. Like that empty airport.

I don't think the MCU has done it more realistically as such, but they've certainly done it in a way that's less likely break your suspension of disbelief. If you want your serious tone then you have to do a better job of explaining a few things, like why a grown man would don a cape and bat ears to fight crime, or why a top secret organization would send a petite woman with a baseball bat and pigtails to go and fight a supernatural demon woman threatening all of humanity.

On the other hand, if you tip your hat and hang a lantern on the silliness of the premise, then the audience is able to forgive far more. Marvel may arguably aim lower, but they make a solid good-to-great action movie every single time, while the DCU aims for Dark Knight-level stuff and fails continuously.

it would disturb the children if people were to die in a marvel movie

even people and things died in disney movies back in the day. shows what pussies people will be in the future

>Guys look, i copied a cool pose in my movie
>That makes me cool right?
>I don't have to make anything new, i just have to copy good things that other people made

>Guys look how much Snyder triggers me

Fighters and any athletes talk shit to each other all the time. It's pretty much the same thing.

>entertainers hype up entertainment before a fight or game

lol

Are you seriously this much of a nerd that you don't know about players shit talking each other throughout games?

how the fuck do you equate that to athlete trashtalk

>players

entertainers user

The airport is evacuated so team Cap can't slip out amongst civilians. Bucky says as much in the scene directly before the confrontation there.

he was talking about all the movies and how no one dies in them. not just the airport scene

But people do die in Marvel movies. Wite Soldier is shown brutally caving in Tony's dad's skull before choking the mom to death. Crossbones gets trapped in a fire filled bubble and we see him burning alive before exploding. Zemo attempts to shoot himself (suicide being pretty heavy for a kid's movie).

Face it, DCucks, Marvel does serious better than DC's edgy try-hard approach (see: pic related)

how old are you

but yet somehow all the civilians survive avengers manage to evacuate everyone

thats superhero disaster management

Nice argument. I can see why you prefer the works of Zack Snyder.

youtube.com/watch?v=cZ12ghCqO3o

>rotten tomatoes

yeah no redditor

>avengers manage to evacuate everyone
>people die in NY
>people die in whatever euro shithole Ultron dropped a rock on
>people die in Wakanda
>Civil War is literally the result of all the collateral damage
>Tony signs because he killed Tyrone

But, yes, no one dies. And we all know a movie is only as good as as many people die over its course.

>Wakanda, Tyrone

lol enjoy your SJW movies

Tony was almost a villian but not really in Civil War

They've talked about a Civil War 2. it would nice if he went full vilian and really unleashed his arsenal

Are you fucking dumb? That was the best Batman introduction of all time. Showed how harsh this new Batman is, giving disgusting child predator traffickers a death sentence. And looks like a fucking demon crawling across the wall.

How are they SJW movies? Please detail your reasoning and list exact scenes that support your claim. I'll wait.

asking your age =/= an argument

nnnn nice argument
judging by how quick you are to twist words around to suit an agenda, i can see why you're so eager to malign these movies and anyone who likes them

>i can see why you're so eager to malign these movies

Well, it's not like they make it hard.

JEWS, man! Don't you GET it?? They're behind everything

Wake up shmeepol

How old are you? There was nothing "edgy" about that death scene. Really showed how Pa Kent was willing to go because the world wasn't ready. Everyone would know that Superman was the son of Jonathan Kent, and would be an easy target

black disney starlet mary jane in the upcoming BLM spiderman

>Really showed how Pa Kent was willing to pointlessly die and leave a wife and confused son alone in the world just to teach said son a lesson he could have also learned later with a little more rearing from his adoptive father

Nah, let's kill him for the forced drama.

We're on like 3 or 4 levels of sarcasm. If we could just take it back to 2, or 1 even, that'd be great.

You're the cynic, not the movie.

it's easy to point and say bad things about anything bro

wtf i hate tornadoes now

this is due to the core of the characters, doesn't matter how shit snyder is or how amazing he is. doesn't matter how bad the russos are or how amazing they are

marvel heroes are always normal individuals trying to be perfect heroes and failing

dc heroes are always perfect heroes trying to be normal individuals and failing

this will always be the essence of their character in any medium. it's only made worse in the films because is doing a great job and dc is doing a shit job so the gap looks even bigger.

this is a shit scene because it completely fails at what batman is at his core. bruce gives ZERO shits about his legacy. that's his whole goddamn character. he pushes people aside all the time. he has no family but alfred. all the robins & batgirls end up growing up and getting sick of his shit and strike out on their own. he doesn't care what history will think of him, all he cares about is his war on crime. any time somebody gets close to him he doesn't let them in.

the 2nd reason it fails is MUH HUNTERS is bullshit. if you traded with the french for furs and pelts in the 1600/1700s you were indian not colonists. it's bad writing to justify his hatred of superman, which the film does a poor job of doing. bruce is logical and the world's greatest detective, he should know that clark's battle was zod was just collateral damage and that superman isn't a criminal. zod's fucking message was beamed to every person on earth about how they would crush the planet unless superman turned himself in, which he did. that makes superman a good person

I generally dislike the DCEU, but I do think that people's reaction to Superman is way more realistic. He's an alien from space with (from the average person's POV) unlimited strength, speed, and senses, he can fly, and defy the laws of physics. Oh, and he turned against his own people to save all 7 billion of us from extinction. You think people would just let that die down in two years?

One of my biggest worldbuilding sticking points with the MCU is that the world should be chimping out over Thor. He's indisputably THE Thor from Norse mythology, he's from Asgard, his adopted brother is Loki, his mother is Freya and his father in Odin. There should be mass conversions to the Norse religion, people should be making pilgrimages to Scandanavia, Christians and Muslims should be flipping their shit about what this means theologically for them. People should be wondering whether Jesus was an alien as well.

I can see people getting over Iron Man, Cap, Wanda, even Hulk. But Thor? His presence should be influencing religions.

Lmao, you never gave a single fuck about Mary Jane until they cast some black chick as her.

You're such a victim, user. If only there was some safe space, hug box for you to vent. Oh, wait:

But it's, like, REALLY easy with a DC movie post-Nolan.

>Superman is not from earth user. of course he's going to be different from other humans.

There's nothing to suggest that unaltered Kryptonian psychology is any different from that of a human's. A huge point in all Superman books is that Superman is psychology an average Joe with a good upbringing that's in the body of a god.

it shows your marvel reddit universe is geared towards children

and yes i do care because kirsten dunst as MJ is the last time marvel made good casting decisions

Yeah, he gives no fucks about his legacy. That's why he doesn't get pissed when his "apprentice" strikes out on his own instead of sticking around to learn and inherit the Batman role.

If that was too long for you, let's just leave it at this: you're a fucking moron.

>the movies based on children's books are for children

WOW, who would have thought?

yes but the guy i was talking to said he couldnt identify with superman. i agree that superman was raised here on earth so he's just like us in some ways but will always be different because of his powers

> superman vs the kryptonians plothole hivemind

movie and comic thor are basically space ayy lmaos. i think marvel people understand that asgardians just live a long time, and came to earth once in a while back in the viking days and were the inspiration for the norse mythology

but the movies don't do a good job of explaining that to be fair. red skull knew it in cap 1, and thor tells jane foster that. and shield knows it when loki tells them. it's possible he did interviews and stuff when he was doing avengers stuff. perhaps the info was dumped on the internet after winter soldier, but the movies don't really explain it that well yeah.

>kirsten dunst as MJ is the last time marvel made good casting decisions

This is wrong on so many levels. The first being that Dunst was a terrible, snaggletooth MJ. Also, Marvel Studios didn't even exist when Spider-Man was made. Those movies were made by Sony.

MANCHILDREN read comic books not actual children you idiot

bvs had batman at his lowest point and looking for something to justify the life mission he had
superman got the point where he doubted if his life mission was even feasible

they both could very easily live normal lives if they wanted to, there is no such tension in the movie

legacy is also about the the long lasting affects of one's actions

here, the legacy is the long lasting outcome of taking down superman
>this is about the future of the world
he's still protecting the world in his own mind, which alfred calls him out on

so no nonnative person hunted/traded pelts? come the fuck on dude.
>twenty years in gotham, how many good guys are left
>we know what promises are worth
>you let your family die
bruce is looking on something to pin his life on and conveniently places all his own baggage onto superman

it's not a bad scene at all, hell, even if a lot of what you posted is true it still wouldn't be a bad scene as it provided continuing characterization

and even better still, there have been numerous moments of introspection where bruce thinks about himself and his action in relation to his family. that moment is no different

That notwithstanding, in the space of a couple of years, Earth just found out Norse gods are real and aliens are not only a thing, but they come in riding fuckhuge repto-spacewhales, but yeah, business as usual, I guess.

that where they went wrong then. you just know marvel studios was made to push diversity and SJW propaganda

i feel sorry for kids that are being brainwashed by marvel movies

copy paste insults that can be said about anything aren't representative of any movie's merit

i swear to fucking god you people annoy me in ways that people who disagree with me on these movies can't

you and me have more or less the 'same' opinion on the movie but you make my effort to argue in favor of the movie that much fucking harder

im watching MNF and there are beer and batman video game commercials

more proof that DC is the studio for masculine strong men

you're a moron

that's not him getting mad about his legacy that's him getting mad about one of his untrained "soldiers" going out and endangering themselves and civilians

i've forgotten more about comics than you'll ever know you pleb

batman beyond
kingdom come
the dark knight returns
every other elseworld
even in nolan's trilogy, he's a recluse in dkr

there is a reason in every fucking incarnation of older batman that he ends up alone, with no allies, bitter, and broken. because it's entirely in character. just because sometimes a robin takes up the mantle doesn't mean he has a say in it. that's because THEY want to do it

or maybe it's proof that the same demographics that watch football drink beer and play action based videogames

BvS speaks for itself it doesnt need you to defend it. marvel redditors know its better than civil war

lol but it needs you to call people names and never actually discuss the movie?
dude

it works in its own film's logic but overall it is still a symbol of the problem that DC/WB don't "get it" when it comes to their movies

batman does have introspective moments occasionally and you're right they usually do involve his extended "family" but there are no such things introduced in BvS, just alfred who is always there. it's shitty exposition for the audience that's why it's bad

> you just know marvel studios was made to push diversity and SJW propaganda

this is entirely wrong. marvel studios was just marvel studios before they were bought by disney. they just wanted control over their own IP. the comics are now MUH SJW but the films are far from it.

>marvel studios was made to push diversity and SJW propaganda

This would carry a little more weight if the Justice League didn't look like a UN meeting.

The core of the Batman is an acknowledgement of his own mortality. The symbol must outlive him or it's meaningless. It's why he's so about training the Sons of the Bat with Ollie's help at the end of DKR.

You seriously don't want to go toe-to-toe with me on comics lore. He was so pissed at Grayson being his own man that he let that nut Valley fill in for him. That's the act of an angry, headstrong father, denying his own "son," say it with me, his legacy.

you cant discuss it with them seriously. how new are you?

Mr. robot is probably when they show marvel trailers, mikes hard lemonade and tampon commercials

They can't discuss the movie. Or any movie. They can only repeat the word "kino" over and over again.

why wouldn't people worship supes as god?Rich celebrities listen to L. Ron Hubbard but humans wouldn't worship a literal superhuman chad E.T.?

there is no problem with the understanding of characters
shit, in many ways i thought the movie cut the shit in regards to what these characters are as cultural phenomena and as individual characters

these characters aren't esoteric at all

bruce thinks about the waynes and his own choices all the time
the only difference here is the hunter bit, which isn't exposition anyway, it's a conversation where a guy muses on his family and how it relates to his current life.

all 5 lead characters in BvS are white

the 5 leads in the upcoming spiderman only tom holland is white

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Trips of absolute truth.

And I post checks for Lex.

>yeah, business as usual, I guess.

Exactly! Things shouldn't be settling down into a steady state for at LEAST a decade. There's a guy riding around on a flaming motorcycle with a skull on fire for a head and I can bet you that SHIELD characters won't look twice.

HAHAHAHAHA
i'm actually personally responsible for some of the pasta either directly or indirectly, and not once have i have name called or used memes

how fucking surreal that you guys prove the point i had been trying to make to that fucking guy, that his own shitposting is the only thing people want to see in relation to this movie. i can't talk about it in a positive way without immediately getting lumped in with that kind of posting

this

marvel is more or less following their characters' arcs in the comics.

example: stark is introduced, and his supporting cast which is widow and war machine. cap is introduced, and his supporting cast which includes falcon. thor and hulk. they are founding avengers from the early 60s (and in cap's case 40s)

now they're starting to get to their later stuff. black panther is late 60s/early 70s. thanos, captain marvel, and the gaurdians were all 70s/80s. civil war and winter soldier were 2000s story. they're basically playing catch-up

DC's justice league team is ignoring 50+ years of history because muh shekels. but by trying to rush out a super movie like to copy marvel, they're basically adapting a justice league story that was written 5 years ago. which has more modern diversity but it's still hollow

asian flash, token black cyborg who has never served on the league is obvious bullshit. muh pacific islander aquaman is another one. it's way worse

>Jews
>white

ashkenazi jews are white. they hail from eastern europe

Yes more of the fake tech carries over to the world in the MCU than DC so its more believable .

at least years pass between DC movies. you turn your back for one second and another turd marvel movie has dropped

he's using his ancestors as justification to answer alfred/the audience's perfectly legitimate problem in why does he have to go after superman

zod broadcast a message to everybody on earth, you bet your ass bruce was watching it too.

BvS takes place 18 months after the battle of metropolis. if anything it's MORE of an insult to the audience that batman doesn't ALREADY have all this anti-superman gear, tons of kryptonite in his bunker/cave, and has been prepping non-stop for over a year. he needed a "push" from lex fucking luthor to go to battle

instead snyder has bruce do a crossfit montage to show him getting ready to try and fight a space god. it's laughable

I think he was talking about the comics, not the movies

Batman's greatest ally is prep time. This time, we actually got to see some of it. Stop complaining.

how the fuck do you seriously post this bullshit?
the marvel movies at large have in no way been representative of the totality of any of their characters or team history
which is absolutely okay

the dc justice league movie isn't representative of the totality of justice league history either, and that's also okay

none of these movies made good or bad by the way they adhere to the specifics of total comic history

here's your
> you

marvel puts out TWO movies a year. next year will be the first time they have 3 but technically spider-man is still a sony pictures

meanwhile DC is rushing 3 movies to motherfucking justice league, because suicide squad doesn't have anything to do with it

face it, WB saw the success of marvel and panicked instead of drawing up a gameplan and now they're trying to adjust on the fly

Lmao, fucking Hack Snyder apologists. You guys kill me.

He could have filmed a hardcore bareback sex scene where Batman rips off Superman's tights and fucks his little pink superboy hole full of bat jizz and you'd still all defend him "cause . . . w-well, it's not Marvel . . ."

noooooooooo
wait a minute here

that's absolutely not what's happening in that scene
his reasoning for taking down superman was already presented in *the rest of the movie prior*

that moment was him connecting his own life to the rest of his family history, they all had their own accomplishments, his is taking down superman

and fuck off, the movie explicitly states that the >first piece of kryptonite to mean anything was discovered within the time frame of the movie
bruce already had the seeds of resentment against superman, being manipulated to fully follow a path he was already on doesn't make the movie bad

The dc tv universe is so much better. Cant wait for the cw justice League movie

3 years between the superman movies
2 years between the justice league movies

thanks for proving my point. also everyone is playing catch up to Apple Inc. business model of releasing redundant products every year to the stupid masses, even marvel.

what the fuck does that have to do with anything?

how the fuck do you respond to someone disagreeing with you by talking about some irrelevant bullshit that's so far off what's being discussed
its shameful that you somehow think this is a legitimate point against the movie and those who like it
besides there's already like a bunch of porn parodies there's no need for that like bro c'mon

>The whole idea of people worshipping and talking about Superman as a god after he's been public for two years just seems incredibly unrealistic and silly to me.
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or just retarded. The major plot point of Batman V Superman is that Batman thinks of superman as nothing but an alien that can potentially destroy the world. But later in the movie, he finds out that superman has a human side as well, that he was raised on earth, that he has parents like everyone else.
He thought superman was potentially evil because of the secret identity ; from his point of view, Superman never takes off his cape and just saves people all day, but he knows nothing about his personality, he didn't even know he had a private life.
The general public would assume the same. They don't know he has a identity as Clark Kent, they just think he's a godlike creature.

In marvel movies, everyone's identity is public. Nobody thinks iron-man is a cyborg or an android. They know it's Tony stark in a suit.

you're just mad that DC has this generations Stanley Kubrick directing their movies.

and if you want buttsex scenes just watch ryan reynolds taking it up the ass in marvel's Deadpool

You just don't get it.

Batman raping Superman is symbolic of Batman's control over Superman, he's establishing himself as the leader of the Justice League by giving Superman a big, kryptonite laced creampie. It's actually very deep and dramatic and kino.

dc/wb has been trying to make a justice league movie for years, the last and closest time being 2012

they're not doing anything wrong in any way whatsoever

you don't need standalone movies for every member of the fellowship of the ring, it's absolute bullshit that now everyone uses standalone movies as a serious talking point

>Fox's Deadpool

Don't ever respond to me again unless you know what you're talking about.

That's an incredibly valid point.

explains why it was world's better than any marvel movie

>they're not doing anything wrong in any way whatsoever

You mean besides them being 0-3 so far.

>suddenly the movie is ok because Marvel didn't make it

You brand whores are pathetic.

according to what? (((rotten tomatoes)))?

lol

Wtf movies are you watching

That "0 for 3" you're talking about has outstripped the box office of the MCU's first three movies by better than a half billion and climbing.

According to anyone with taste and perspective.

>says the marvel brand whore

I agree

t. the fedora'd gentleman

>cherry picking the most retarded specifics

Let's compare overall box office, shall we? Then let's look at those profit margin declines for each subsequent DC movie. And have any individual DC movies even hit a billion? No. Well, they tried.

t. intellectually stunted manchild

I'll never understand this. Why are there people who can only enjoy one thing? DC fanboys, Marvel fanboys, Sony, Microsoft, PC, Mac.

Fuck that shit.

>in this moment. i am euphoric

There isn't a single fully developed character in ANY Snyder film, let alone his DC abortions.

What's cherry-picked about a chronological comparison? If there were only three movies from each franchise, DC would be ahead by well over a half billion dollars. That's not cherry-picked. It's just a fucking fact.

You insist that's somehow an unfair comparison while in the same breath insist we compare them in toto. Over a dozen movies to three. You're pathetic and worth no more of my time, you hypocritical fuck.

>"did i forget to turn off the gas?"

DC is if you like Pink Floyd

how the hell can you like Marvel/Nickelback too?

it doesnt matter how drunk or stoned i am Marvel movies will always be diarrhea to me

>needing stand alone movies for capeshit characters

wew

>the only way DC comes out on top is if I only count these three first movies and don't take into account inflation or the fact that Marvel started their CU with a bunch of C-list heroes and DC can't even get their shit together with the holy fucking trinity of capeshit

Yes, you're totally not cherry picking at all.

I have the ability to like a wide range of things

Account for all the inflation you want. It's still better than half a billion.

Where did I day that, you braindead DCuck?

They don't need standalone movies. They'd help. But no you don't need them. That is, if you have a halfway decent director that can juggle several characters at once. Snyder isn't that director.

marvel version: someone tipped off the senator about the wheelchair bomb and the building was evacuated. no one dies in Disney's marvel movies.

>What's cherry-picked about a chronological comparison?

A few things.

Comparing first three to first three ignores the fact marvel spent five years unfucking the reputation of comic book movies.

Comparing iron man to man of steel is horrid because iron man was a completely new-to-cinema franchise, while superman has had tons of movies.

Then BvS and "batman side character movie: with references and cameos from all the best batman characters" to incredible hulk and iron man 2, franchises with one movie each, one of which is so hilariously bad everyone wants to forget it happened, is also quite fucked.

Not even mentioning the fact WB spend more on marketing their movies than marvel spent making their movies.

>no one dies in Disney's marvel movies.
Yeah except for all those people who died when those bombs went off in the last one.

have you seen Watchmen? Snyder is godly with an ensemble of characters

Go to bed, Zack.

so now they start copying the dark world of DC films. about time

>not being able to laugh at a witty joke

man what has Cred Forums become. also i dont really like the marvel movies they are all to samey

it's an election year. our buttholes are clenched tight

>it's an election year
>you have two clowns running for president

if you cant laugh now then when can you? as soon as either one of them gets into power theres gonna be ww3 you gotta enjoy life now while you can famalam.

Are you guys seriously this retarded?

>asking if people are retarded
>on Cred Forums

who's retarded now? :^)

What?

I can't hear you way down there under a billion, DC. Speak up.

funtime is over imo. a world war would actually be good for humans. parachuting into china and fucking their shit up sounds really fun

I think Batman Begins had already begun that process for them. Also, making the assertion that any franchise has to fight uphill against some pre-established blanket expectation of quality is simply asinine, though tonal preconceptions might be another matter entirely.

I know that I, for one, am real tired of hearing critics, fanboys, and fanboys disguised as critics, telling everyone what comic book movies are supposed to be.

why do so many here have a hate boner for china? what am i missing?

>4 family movies top the list

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What would WW3 look like? China/Russia/NK vs Everyone else?

they are soulless creatures. watch chinese liveleak videos you will see

plus they are so passive against their totalitarian government. they would put up with it forever.

western people will only put up with it for so long before they overthrow it

yeah asia vs north and south america

europe would fall to russia

The main difference is nobody in the MCU has a secret identity. Well, until Spiderman that is. Tony Stark straight up announced himself as ironman before the general public even had time to debate the deeper dilemma of vigilantism and unchecked power. The first time the Avengers came together, none of the main six had secret alter egos; all were publically known. Even the black panther had to reveal himself five minutes after appearing on screen. Again, with the sole exception of spiderman the MCU has altogether dispelled the notion and need of secret identities - all their heroes are open and public. It softens the debate over vigilantism. Compare this to the DCEU where more than half of its slated heroes have or will have secret identities; the public doesn't know who batman or superman really are. It evokes the suspicion that these superheroes have sonething to hide. It means they are utterly unaccountable.

If super heroes were real
Marvel
>theyd save people and fight evil
Dc
>theyd get raped in prison

Thats cuz the avengers actually ya know actively rescue people and try to minimize casualties like super fucking heroes.

are you fucking retarded?

man of steel WAS supposed to be the iron man for WB, the launch point of the DCU. it underperformed

and like everything DC does in a panic, they threw batman at it. they went to the drawing board and made BvS, that's why it took a little longer

then suicide squad which is normally a great comic for DC, what do they do? THROW BATFAGS AT IT with muh harley and joker and croc

nobody can copy apple because it takes too long for pre and post-production in movies, you idiot

gee, if only they had explained that in the movie...

DCEU > MCU

Batman v Superman was better than any MCU movie, especially the dogshit that was Civil War.

I'm also a kinoisseur who hates popular movies.

Man of Steel
Budget: 225M
Box Office: 668M

Iron Man:
Budget: 140M
Box Office: 585M

Does this mean Iron Man underperformed, too?You live in a fantasy world.

wut dude? How many times in a Marvel movie have they cut to talking heads talking about the character? Not that much. Winter Soldier had none of that shit and they say it's realistic.

>MCU has done this better and more realistically?

NO

DCEU isn't more realistic superheroes. That was sort of what Nolan was trying to do. Synder movies are just schlocky Synder tone.

superman saved around 7 billion people from death in man of steel, literally saved man-kind from extinction

>"what if superheroes existed in our world"
You could have fooled me, because nothing I see in those movies brings OUR world to mind.

Wasn't there a comic where people were thinking he was just a guy with an EMP-inducing hammer?

And other than based Colonel Hardy and the brave crew of that C-17, he had to do it alone.

DC: powers shaped like people.
Marvel: people with powers.

Why not? Soldiers and cops do.

I agree with this MCU is more real. DCEU is more comicbooky.

Iron Man performed way better than anyone expected though, didn't it?

this will never get addressed bc disney but i'm wondering how religion is affected in the MCU.
you had aliens come out of a wormhole and a norse god who flies around with a hammer - that had to raise a few eye brows.

>and like everything DC does in a panic, they threw batman at it.
Name one time this hasn't worked.

This is very much like the comics, where Marvel's first heroes, the Fantastic Four, never tried to hide their identities.

I don't know. Did it? For all we know, they projected it to do way more. That's the annoying thing about the whole "underperformed" discussion - all a bunch of bullshit, unsubstantiated supposition. only no one had the MCU under a fucking microscope.

>no green lantern until 2020

God fucking damnit, why did they have to ruin the first one.

"My god has a hammer."
>For all we know
Why would they expect that though? Superman, Batman and Spider-Man may be expected to make money, but who is Iron Man? Nobody, until that movie came out.

>than based Colonel Hardy and the brave crew of that C-17, he had to do it alone.
this is actually pretty interesting, as man of steel showed a bunch of people being heroic but of course the myopic criticisms only focus on petty bullshit

How does that make it substantially different than literally any movie released ever?

>Implying Green Lantern Corps = Green Lantern
I could very easily see them doing Green Lantern Corps as a more specific Guardians of the Galaxy parallel, showcasing the Corps at large without introducing any human Green Lanterns

>tfw the movie is about Abin Sur, and the movie ends with his heroic death, crash on Earth, and whispering to the Ring, to go find his successor, with it flying off as the screen turns black

>than any movie released ever?
It doesn't. It was just another movie. Which is why there was no reason to expect it would make the kind of money these things ended up making later on.

"a good death is its own reward"

my personal opinion: i didnt like MoS that much when it came out, i didnt rate the phone-thrower as Jor-el, it felt a bit long, and the obvious departure from the tone of Reeves-era Superman didn't trigger my nostalgia.

But, iv seen it 3 or 4 times now, and watching it with BvS makes me glad they left the nostalgia behind with the camp.

I'v been waiting most of my life for a good superman/batman movie - and aside from the Dr Pepper product placements, they delivered.

DC seems to be getting better and building to something awesome

Marvel, whilst i really enjoyed RDJ and CE in their early stand alone films, seems to be getting stale

Oh, and just so you guys knnow - i dont even click on the obvious evans-laughing.gifs anymore

Fight Me

My favorite working class hero moment came when Hardy called an airstrike on his own location and emptied his guns on Faora, then pulled a fucking knife, a fucking knife, just in hopes of keeping her there long enough for all that ordinance to land.

Then Supes zoomed in and saved him. That shit was fucking awesome.

I see you are a master baiter. I also master bait myself.

And by that same logic, Man of Steel performed significantly better than its predecessor. I've said it before and I'll keep saying it - Superman has never been guaranteed bank, no matter what people say to the contrary.

But you're not taking into account the fact that MoS came out after the Nolan trilogy and was advertised as being made by "the director of Watchmen". It had hype behind it. Iron Man didn't.
And MoS made more money, like you'd expect.

Literally this>>>spent many a time quipping with squadmates whilst rpgs and bullets fly over head. There's even a vid on youtube of an entire company of Army grunts quipping in the middle of a firefight at their FOB while one guy is on a grill cooking steaks and hamburgers.

actualy sir - its my first time - please go easy on me

Im only here cause i really enjoyed the DC movies (havent seen SS yet)
and i love reading sperg-on-sperg hostility

evans.wemb : nice - i've not seen that one before

Are there any MCU scenes as powerful and beautiful as the first 15 minutes of Bvs?

I don't see how that's a party.

>The Marvel heroes simply don't present themselves as authority figures

Because they're not Authority figures. An Authority figure implies that said figure works for a defined organization that expresses and enforces said authority. Al the Avengers do is deal with big time world catastrophe level emergencies.

you're an idiot

studios have expectations, iron man SHATTERED what marvel and paramount thought it was going to make

deadline.com/2008/04/paramount-thinks-iron-man-will-be-platinum-5572/

> Distributor Paramount has now revised upwards its opening estimates for Marvel’s Iron Man when it opens May 2nd: from $45M-$55M tops, to now $60M-$70M which sounds about right.

ew.com/article/2008/05/06/update-iron-man-opened-986-mil

> The 2008 summer movie season started off on a historic note as Iron Man opened with huge box office numbers that propelled it to a weekend win and landed it in the company of the most impressive movie premieres of all time. The Marvel comic adaptation grossed $101 million from Friday to Sunday, according to early estimates. When Thursday evening’s screenings are added in, the film’s full weekend total comes to $104 mil.

you forget this was 2008. RDJ wasn't didn't turn into a phoenix yet, favreau was coming off a flop, marvel didn't have the disney machine backing it, and comic book movies were still a niche compared to other blockbusters and coming off of spider-man 3 and x-men 3, both were critically shit on

there's a reason RDJ is the 50 million dollar man, because he put marvel on the map.

man of steel did underperform, it had a huge drop the 2nd weekend and monsters university AND world war z blew it out of the water. if it was a bigger hit that WB wanted they would've greenlit a sequel immediately instead they did BvS

Iron Man not having any hype behind it might be pushing it a bit. I, personally was hype after seeing this trailer:

youtube.com/watch?v=KAE5ymVLmZg

Fucking fantastic.

the soldiers putting their guns down as superman stepped out from behind the train was a great moment too
>this man is not our enemy
>thank your colonel

>muh Marvel
>muh Marvel
>muh Marvel
>muh Marvel
>muh Marvel

A trailer is not the same as what I mentioned there, user.

batman being part of the next movie was already part of the plan even during production of man of steel,
we have no way of knowing exactly what the expectations were and how plans changed

But I remember when they started giving us news about adding all the JL members into BvS and how silly it sounded even then.

>that young(er) gwyneth

supposedly there are a bunch of references already in man of steel, with the only one i'm aware of is a batman reference at the moment zod used his heat vision

funny how that worked out

You were doing so well until you danced right back off into unsubstantiated speculation about what WB had planned. You don't know any of that.

By the by, was anyone shouting from the rooftops about Paramount fucking up and having to sell out to Disney and how this all spelled the doom of the franchise?

No?

While we're at it, will you please, for the love of all that's holy, stop talking about the performance of other films within the "niche" as if they say jack shit about the performance of any unrelated film? It's really, really stupid. Just because GB16 bombed doesn't say a single solitary thing about how the public will respond to another action/fantasy/comedy. The absolute best you can say is that its performance will influence the suits and beancounters greenlighting the projects.

>europe would fall to Russia

A country with only 150 million people, severe population decline, a collapsing economy, and aging military infrastructure, and a major food shortage, is going to take all of Europe...........right!

Just because you say so? Don't misunderstand, I'm not saying you're wrong. I'd just like for you to provide some examples of the hype you're talking about.

>Snyder
>revolutionizing anything
wew lad

that was Winter Soldier, and it was a political thriller. the idea of state sanctioned invasion of privacy and shadowy government secret keeping were at the very core of that movie. you could sum it up as "government sponsored spying pisses off the phyisical embodiment of all that is good and just in America"
Civil War still had a political message, but as a whole the movie was about personal choice vs "the greater good"

That's also a Wayne Enterprises satellite Zod trashes.

lol yeah that too

shit....i wonder if these elements,

the batman poster in the building and the satellite are SUBTLE foreshadowing

i mean, yeah they're references, but are is their placement very intentional?

like that possibility is just clicked for me.....holy shit

That sorta pissed me off. He thinks he can boss Thor around. Thor is literally an otherwordly crown prince and Joe smith from logistics thinks that he's now his boss's boss. I hope they address that satisfyingly in ragnarok.

we do know because there was this whole 6 month aura of uncertainty, sequels are automatic in hollywood if it's a hit

boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3724&p=.htm
> Unfortunately, lukewarm word-of-mouth caused the movie to collapse after opening weekend, and it will wind up earning less than $300 million at the domestic box office. Add in good overseas figures ($360 million and counting) and Man of Steel is absolutely going to turn a profit. Still, the much-publicized decision to add Batman to the Man of Steel sequel suggests that this wasn't the kind of runaway success that Warner Bros. was hoping for.

why would WB add batman to it and potentially risk 2 franchises when the plan was obviously have new superman and batman trilogies. batman is WB's ultimate trump card. we all know this, just look at how many bat comics they publish every month

the next movie being BvS surprised everybody. WB didn't want to take another risk which means they didn't have the highest confidence in MoS

> By the by, was anyone shouting from the rooftops about Paramount fucking up and having to sell out to Disney and how this all spelled the doom of the franchise?
paramount didn't fuck up. marvel had a deal with them for their phase 1 movies, if those movies flopped out of the gate with iron man, the deal was that paramount would get the rights to those characters just like how sony had spider-man and fox had f4/x-men. marvel bet on themselves and it paid off. after their success disney obviously took notice and bought them out, and the rest is history. marvel-disney let paramount's distribution rights end and they just didn't renew the contract.

LexCorp tanker truck, too. Zod literally throws "Batman" and "Luthor" at Superman at different points in the fight.

It was obvious, was it? You missed your calling user. You should be calling all the shots in Hollywood. Shit, even your article is making suppositions.

isn't this a thing in the comics, even in civil war, and since, how no one call tell him what to do?

you use a plausible point of underperformance to claim something you don't know, good job

as stated above, batman being part of the sequel was already part of the plan, and there's no way we can now to what extent that changed

Because he's THOR. THOR don't give a shit. He has a great sense of personal sovereignty.

easter eggs =/= seed-planting

it's nice a sequel can go back and callback stuff from before but scripts and stories aren't written yet. things change during production more frequently than people realize

suicide squad references argus, doesn't necessarily mean we're getting them showing up in a sequel. hell iron man had the infamous cap shield that the cgi guys threw in as a gag and that turned into its own meme that was addressed in iron man 2

i fucking swear man
shit keeps coming up about these movies that make me incapable of talking bad about the filmmakers

Doesn't mean they're not, either. Just like so much else with these films, fans will point out things and detractors will dismiss it as sheer coincidence. Again.

i never made that direct equivalence? i just speculated on the possibility considering these things were PRECISELY placed and batman was already part of the plan via post credit scene that got scapped

there's a difference between a throwaway bit and these references that came back in bvs in a big way

i'm not saying it's necessarily the case, but it does seem very plausible

that's the whole point

the studios put these things in as easter eggs and then can go back and say "see we were planning this all along!" as a backdoor for sequels. which is fun for the hardcore fans and whatever

but in reality nothing in hollywood is a guarantee.

the female air force colonel is named carrie ferris but that doesn't mean it's carol just because she's involved with the air force

it gives them plausible license to play coy.

for example loki's staff was never meant to be an infinity stone. but whedon made it so when he was writing age of ultron. rarely do you get franchise movies that are planned out so far in advance

it was just a general statement, i know the other replies weren't the same user

if you look at the logo on the satellite in man of steel it's the same Wayne logo from nolan's trilogy because at that point nobody was sure if christian bale would come back or not. snyder even addressed it in an interview

> “It does say Wayne Enterprises on the satellite, but you can only see half of it,” explains Snyder. “I really just wanted to say, ‘This is the DC Universe.’ And whether or not it’s the Wayne Enterprises of Chris Nolan’s movies or whether it’s the Wayne Enterprises of DC in general, that’s yet to be seen.”

remember the general audiences are dumb, studios aren't going to bank an entire sequel on a throwaway easter egg. sometimes people reach too much. i remember people in my theater were getting confused/then realizing that the battle of metropolis in BvS was from the other POV in man of steel via flashback and not happening in "real time"

to me that's typical snyder being ambiguous whenever he doesn't want to reveal something

just to reiterate; the SPECIFICITY of these easter eggs lends itself to this speculation, not the mere presence of easter eggs but their precise placement within the movie

i can't remember the last time something was placed so precisely without some sort of intent, so i lean towards thinking that there was intent behind their placement, which i think is fair considering small connections are throughout the movie in general anyway

but of course none of us have certainty about this