What is your opinion on Batman: The Animated Series?

What is your opinion on Batman: The Animated Series?

better than every live action batman film

co's that way

Max Fleischer ripoff

What is batman 1966?

This, 90's Spider-Man and 90's X-Men are the triumvirate of animated capekino.

Best animated superhero series.
Best Batman (or any DC) adaptation.
Best Harley.
Legit art, under the guise of a Saturday morning cartoon.

Best episode

garbage

>not appreciating silver age batman's flawless adaptation
wew lad

what's your point?

Pretty much the best Western cartoon ever.

They need Dini and Timm involved in that Batfleck movie.

I just never liked the way it portrayed Gotham. It's supposed to be a bustling metropolis of millions and the show made it feel a dead city. No lights, no citizens.

the best batman animation,

better than Dark Knight Rises

it had GOAT animation by some Studio Ghibli animators.

Telecom was best anime studio back them.

great great show

Really? I loved it, that timeless art deco aesthetic that is just the right amount of fantastic and grounded.

I think its a shame Nolan gave up on making Gotham feel unique after begins. It just turns into fucking Toronto. Even Batman and Robin, as much of a trainwreck as it is, has a neat vision of gotham.

its fun, but it seems a little over hyped in terms of the maturity of its story telling. throwing in death does not make it great.

theres a few okay moments dont get me wrong, but there are entire episodes that have no arcship to it. just a man chasing a bad guy for no reason, no depth.

I was thinking this earlier, Nolan didn;t even try to make a Gotham City past Begins, something about begins feels so much more like traditional "Batman"

GOAT

>tfw getting all of the DCAU on blu ray

>Amazing. Ii I photoshop this guy to look like the joker he clearly resembles the joker.

The Narrows desu. Nolan said they got the inspiration from the walled city of Kowloon. So its a unique location with some character that looks like it could almost be real, but is just a little bit TOO fantastic... you know, like a capeshit city should be.

Yeah, the tight feeling, steam grates and dark, rainy atmosphere felt like Gotham, then in TDK and TDKR it was like "Batman visits Chicago"

ill take what is your opinion for $800 alex