Is this any good? The poster caught my attention on the way home from the bus while passing buy a movie store

Is this any good? The poster caught my attention on the way home from the bus while passing buy a movie store

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paprika_(novel)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's a solid little flick.

Anime version of inception.
Christopher nolan is a plagarist.

It's a bundle of good ideas, but poor execution.

Anyway yes it is good. Satashi Kon is like the 18+ version of Hayao Miyazaki. They have very similar ideological mindests. Well... had.

Also the score by Susumu Hirisawa is 10/10.

Please do yourself a favor and watch the Sub version by the way. The dub for this isnt that great.

Yup
Satoshi Kon was fucking solid director. It's a shame the anime industry doesn't have more like him.

Bane?

Agreed. If you watch Paranoia Agent (Mousou Dairinin) you see he ended up re-using a lot of the themes from Paprika but more in his own style (Paprika being an adaptation of a Japanese book).

Studio Ghibli suffers the same when they try to adapt from a source rather than create an original story. Its always just missing that last piece of oompth to elevate it from good to a masterpiece.

No. It's a few hours of a fever dream those doesn't fit together, lots of useless dream scenes for no reason to be trippy, and overall concept doesn't really add up in the end.

Anime inception only it doesn't make sense.

And Satoshi Kon has the idea from a book
Plagio di plagio

> that ending

it's fucking garbage

do wou know which book?

Yeah for animu it's pretty good. The music and visuals are great and the plot is pretty neat.

here en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paprika_(novel)

Great cuts. Kon loves that shit.
Tokyo Godfathers, personal fave.

That looks like a great comic book cover.
What's this?

it's okay.

I liked it, pretty surreal and fun. Better than most the weeb trash Cred Forums jerks off to.

Yep.

No its trash

>What's this?
Negro can you not read

So like how Peter Jackson plagiarized a book with LotR?

>If you watch Paranoia Agent (Mousou Dairinin) you see he ended up re-using a lot of the themes from Paprika

I'm confused. I looked it up and Paprika came out in 2006 while Paranoia Agent came out in 2004. How could he have re-used themes from the former in the latter? Or do you mean he re-used themes from the original Paprika novel (which came out in 1993)?

It's great, Kon's stuff is great.

it's super weird (expectedly) but it's a good fun watch, great animation and some interesting characters.

Paprika a cute

CUTE!

I don't know why everything thinks it ripped off Inception, the concept of entering someone else's dreams isn't that difficult to come up with, this isn't the first time someone had ever thought of that.

I was expecting a summary

Post Cred Forumscore anime.

None, Cred Forums

Inception is the only movie that that right, which is why people refer to inception as THEY Dream entering movie

The less you know the better, in short it's about detectives entering people's dreams to solve a mystery. It gets pretty trippy and surreal.

WEEABOO GO HOME

Personally I love surreal movies so don't really care about movies having a non-linear plot that doesn't always make sense. There's more to movies then just a straight forward story that any 12 year old could understand.

Peter Hackson