Why does Leo star in so many meme movies that are quickly forgotten?

Why does Leo star in so many meme movies that are quickly forgotten?

He is the meme.

It's a normal movie until he's in it.

He doesn't choose 'meme' movies, whatever the fuck that means?

he gets credit for his shit stuff and none for the good stuff (haven't seen Revenant just yet however so this could be horseshit)

He was flailing about for an Oscar, attaching himself to the work of pretty much any major director, no matter how shitty. Look at J. Edgar. Revolutionary Road. Your OP pic.

>implying Shutter Island isn't pure kino

all im saying is that Basketball Diaries is the best i've seen him and ive seen a lot of his stuff

>TITANIC
>GANGS OF NEW YORK
>DJANGO UNCHAINED
>THE DEPARTED
>INCEPTION
>THE GREAT GATSBY

Now, Aviator, catch me if you can, romeo + Juliet, and Body of Lies might be forgotten, but they were not terrible either...

Maybe watch more movies?

English is a hard language, I assume you're ESL.

I like selling myself to old men in bathrooms too user

3 of those were meme movies quickly forgotten

>Cameron isn't going to be forgotten soon
>Gangs of new york might be, but it still probably one of the best movies he's done, if not ever done
>Tarantino isn't gunna be forgotten soon
>The Departed has enough stars in it to be The >Expendables version of crime dramas
>Nolan is god
>and Gatsby? That shits going to be taught in high school forever, ever teens going to watch Leo just to get the jist of the book.

I still don't understand what 'meme' movie is.

>>>/reddit/

>Shutter Island
>meme movie

shut your whore mouth. shutter island is fucking amazing. anyone else besides me been to the hospital where they filmed it? shit's lit.

Is it actually a real hospital?

I wouldn't be able to handle it. Even rewatching it now, I still get this terrible sense of dread and panic. That movie is the definition of atmosphere.

What if hating all DiCaprio's films is a meme unto itself? ... huh... really makes... you think...

who said anything about hating?
meme does not equal bad
it means movies hyped to no end as "modern classics" and shit when they are released, and then sometime later nobody cares

Shutter Island is pretty good imo

Because he's a gay.

It's sad that it's forgotten because it really was a solid, good movie with a bretty decent twist at the end.

>There are people who didn't figure out the "twist" in the first 10 minutes.

it was forgotten because the twist was obvious from the poster as it was clearly just Scorsese seeing what shamalyan was doing and "me-too'ing"

Woah you are so smart

i just watched this today op

this movie really made me think, ya know?

because it came out in february

It has nothing to do with being smart, it has to do with trying to pull off a cliche as a twist. I will say that at least the movie has some redeeming qualities (like, the twist isn't REALLY the end at least, and there are small things to spot on a second watch).

It's like watching an episode of scooby doo. They've introduced a total of one character outside of the gang. You don't need any evidence to figure out who's the ghost.

I think the fact the entire movie just seems like a boring shamalyan knockoff built around the twist that "LOL HES INSANE! WOW!" only to, after that try to go "OR IS HE? WOW THIS IS DEEP!! REMEMBER ME FOREVER PLEASE!!!"