Is it kino?

Is it kino?

Nothing is kino. NOTHING!

If nothing is kino then everything is kino, therefore The Strain is kino.

the first season was pretty good, im still following it but theres a pretty obvious decline in quality

This. Actors are all phoning it in now too

Nonsense. It has been kino steadily since the beginning. Quality is still top.

hey i still enjoy and look forward to watching it every week but go back and watch season one and tell me there isnt a huge fall

Aw that's too bad. I just started it.

Goodweather, Fet, Setrakian, Quinlan, and Eichorst are all fantastic. I'm even coming around to Dutch this season. Hell, I should hate Faraldo but she is even ok too. You don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Quality has been increasing, perhaps it is just your opinion which has changed.

The pacing is hot garbage. Nothing happens 80% of the time.

And I wish I could just fast forward through every scene involving the son and exwife. Goodweather would be a much better character if he was just an unhinged slayer with nothing to lose and bent on revenge. But instead it's just him fucking everything up over his kid and getting plastered at Fet's place.

It's been a while but the show's writing has always been bad to me. It has some great visuals though and I guess I like seeing a more disgusting vampire portrayed on screen.

Are they going to go full Bible mode in the show like the books?

And why is Quinlan such a bitch?

Do they pay you for this or what?

Ut'sboring if thatcounts.

I agree. See, I think it's because Season 1 was more like Salem's Lot plot wise, with a slow build and steady vampire takeover,
while in Season 2 the jig is up and now it's more like a Blade movie.

And as the other user said I still like it too, but it's definitely a decline.

i want some feraldo ass shes a milf

I never get the feeling that new York is fucked beyond all hope, which it is. They need to nuke Manhattan at this point. There's never a sense of urgency. People are still sitting around doing nothing. An episode of The Originals has more action in it than an entire season of this.

Yeah it's rather unrealistic that the military is still standing and they haven't so much as napalmed NYC yet, even though they abandoned it.

Also, what the fuck was with them not acknowledging the giant worm that came out of The Master at the end of the last ep until like halfway into the episode? And why were they calling it a crimson worm? It was just a big white worm.

Also the chick surviving the worm was BULLSHIT. This most recent ep pissed me off more than any of the others.

Realistically people would want out of the city. There'd be no solidarity and fighting to take back what's theirs. What they've seen is far too horrifying and nobody would want to see any more of it or risk turning into a monster themselves. I think that's why the stakes feel so low, because nobody's acting in a realistic manner.

i think this new season and 4 is going to be where all shit hits the fan and humanity is on the brink of losing. im not too familar with the book series but dont they use a nuke as a last resort and ephrims kid is turned in the last series also isnt the tv series only supposed to be 6 seasons so i see 1-2 as the first series bookwise and 3-4 as the second then 5-6

i just started season 2, and so far I like it but I have a feeling it will soon go to shit. Am I right? The stinger-mouth thing is no longer shocking or scary and vampires are more like zombies, slow and easily killed. Please tell me they make some new changes soon

no nigga if you dont like it then fuck off

>master was ultra fast in the flashbacks
>has thousands of years to improve
>second in command is faster than bullets, so one would imagine he's even faster
>stands there with his thumb up his ass while a human casually tosses a light grenade within range of him

also same scene

>Master's son character should hypothetically be faster than bullets too
>Stands around with his thumb up his ass
>Immediately shot a bunch of times by slow-moving Strigoi when he KNEW there was going to be an ambush

Why the fuck they are bothering to make the ultra-fast moving Strigoi thing canon if they aren't going to utilize it AT ALL?

at best it'd be mass evacuations out of the city into quarantine camps followed my heavy military presence to starve out and kill the creatures if not out right leveling the city.

If the city was to be cleared sector by sector it wouldn't just be small groups going underground, it'd be dozens of guys in together and flamethrowers would probably make a big comeback.

Show wise Palmer is supposed to make sure it never reaches that level but realistically he'd lose control pretty damn fast to the military and scientific research

Has ANY franchise with super speed characters consistently got this right?

How many times has The Flash completely dropped the ball?

I like horror movies, should I watch the first season of this?

If you can tolerate shit characters like a sexy edgy british 'hacker' then by all means. Not to mention the plot. I dropped it at the cliffhanger for series 2.

Did you like Blade 2?

Because The Strain is more or less a series version of that, complete with the same unusual breed of vampire

Not terrible but not great either. It has its moments though.

The really good vampire show is Dusk Til Dawn the series
>Jake Busey is Sex Machine
>Tom Savini is Burt the monster hunter who is a vampire

I've seen shows with some pretty dookie characters

Never saw it tb h

Is it better or worse than the first two seasons of AHS?

Third season really unfucked itself. I recommend to watch it.

I understand the premise that Eichorst and Kelly are basically supervampires that function as The Master's left and right hands and therefore have all the mental faculties of a human being, and the Ancient Ones employed similarly competent agents.

But the others, the endless horde of "street vamps," are terribly inconsistent. Sometimes they're swarming biting ants as easily tricked or distracted as Walking Dead zombies and sometimes... Well we just saw a full SWAT team with assault rifles marching in formation.

The CGI, and practical effects are embarrassingly bad. The plot is an utter shower of shit too.

>supervampires
But how can they be if being a vampire in this show means you're infected with parasites?

I know it's not a question to you, but still.

Also, the only exception should be the Ancients/Master since they're literally Angels.

Vampires can be manually controlled by master, whose who are not controlled are just dumb, others might have bit more conscious mind left.

Is this the one with the Jew woman getting hung? Or am I just gettign well confused

it is

I noticed that the "best" vampires didn't die in their turning.

Kelly caught a tequila worm in the eyeball, Eichorst accepted one into a cut in his arm, Bolivar survived being bitten. They were all walking around, alive and conscious as they slowly transformed into vampires.

The regular retard vampire plebs on the other hand all seem to just get their throats ripped out and crumple dead in the street only to crawl back to their feet a couple days later.

I also remember the dorky guy on the plane survived being bitten, and he became a vampire that was self-aware enough to lock himself in the shed after he ate the dog and beg his wife to stay away from him.

basically the master turning you into a vampire is similar to being a red lantern in the DC universe
>mindless fucking beasts acting on instinct more than anything else
>unless the leader decides to give you back your mind

Only thing unexplained is why newly turned vamps have the urge to turn loved ones, even vampires thats been given back their mind like Kelly still have the strong urge to turn their family.

Could he BE any more /ourguy/?

>I noticed that the "best" vampires didn't die in their turning.
oh I see

The Master is such a shitter that part of me hoped they would derail the books so hard that they really did manage to just randomly murder him on a pier, and the rest of the series would be a battle with Eichorst and whatever vampires he could control himself.

Or even a vampire civil war with Eichorst and Kelly throwing a million of their lemmings at each other to see who becomes boss.

>why newly turned vamps have the urge to turn loved ones
it's basically same with zombies "going to places they were used to go as living". It's infection after all, it doesn't kill you immediately. Dunno how it is in the books

From what I remember in the books/comics didn't the other Ancient ones only turn those they thought was worthy enough to turn, either thanks to their wealth, intelligence, strength, skills, etc and allow them to keep their mind, whereas the Master freely turns anyone and everyone but only lets those of use to him have their minds?

because its not.
The vampires can only come out at night. People know at this point how they get infected and how to protect themselves.
Even with the masters guidance the vamps are more or less just a horde of unarmed pawns.
What you do is call in the military equip them with flame throwers and hazmat suits and just sweep every building and underground tunnel starting from the outside and working towards the centre block by block during day time hours.
Before the sunsets establish a perimetre with machine gun nests, land mines motion dectectors sentries, barbed wire and heat vision.
Give all your soldiers basic body armor with strong neck gorgets. Think about this fucking full plate armor invented in the middle ages would fuck the strigoi right up in their ability to infect.
The only bad part is they would probably have to demolish the entire subway system but doing so would be very easy.

Faralda did nothing wrong.
trying to sow dissent when humanity is facing extinction, deserves punishment.

also the ancients are fucking morons.
halfbreed was their best chance of killing the master and they failed because they never mentioned the worm.

the best chance of killing the master would be the 3 Ancients getting off their asses and working as a team.

Unfortunately they're to comfy in their chairs to give a shit.

I truly wonder what was the original reason that lead to Born like Quinlin being such hated things to the Ancients
>can walk in the day
>can't infect others
>stronger than turned vampires but not as strong as the ancients

MORE LIKE IT WAS PINO....PINO GRIGIO

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Can't use direct mind control on them

They're not telling him how to kill master because they can die the same way. But if he is going to kill master he will find out either way.

still raised right and to the cause by their fathers they'd have made power assets.

Come to think of it you'd think the Master would have attempted to make more and raised em as his elite guard since he's so rebellious himself

>master dies
>can still coordinate attacks even though eichorst has no mind control and just gave them vague instructions
kinda lame desu

the period where the master was 'powerless' should have been longer, then he could have come back next ep and it would have been more of a shock to the good guys

exactly, it was pointless

did they think he'd immediately kill them all if he knew?

>not as strong as the ancients
It's established in canon all over the place that Quinlan would shit on the Master 1v1, which is why he so insistently avoids ever ending up in a 1v1 fight.

And the Master is definitely younger, stronger and more athletic than his brothers.

>hacker grill will use the tazer to kill eichorst
callling it now

DID YOU GUYS GET IT

PINO....PINO GRIGIO

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

N-no

Setrakian and Eichorst killing each other at the same moment has too much pottery

Who cares about rivalry and drama if you can have strong girls being Independent?

Oh man I just realized that was stupid too.
>Eichorst rips out Setrakian's throat then starts walking away completely smug
>Setrakian calls out to him, Eichorst turns around surprised and with his last ounce of strength Setrakian hurls his sword right through Eichorst's torso, then they both drop dead
It'd be cool to see but one last absurd failure of a guy who can literally dodge bullets.

what was with the 2 mexicans and the infected mother, they took the helmet off and a cop got bit then it moved to the next scene like nothing happened

they literally got some random guy killed for no reason

Well like you said, he was surprised that the old man could still yell to him - maybe his reflexes weren't on edge

>poison self while eichorst is monologing
>he drinks your blood
>yfw

Why did he take her shoes?

No-one should kill our nazi manlet husbando!

The strain is far better than AHS. Not that that says much.

Not sure what to think of this season so far. On one hand, there are some really interesting storylines, but then we have shit like Zack and his mother or the retarded mexican who after 2 seasons still doesn't get it that his mother is fucking dead.

are you looking forward to Gus's mum becoming the new host for the Master?

You're joking, right?

Everybody was joking about it but it's dumb enough to be true.

Eichorst is too good in his role, Kelly has too much drama ahead, what other recurring vampire character is there?

Foot fetish.

The real question you should ask yourself is, where's the toilet in that room? He IS German after all.

Its so stupid that its entirely plausible
>Master knows about Gus's mom because he knows everything
>she escaped when they got arrested an ain't been seen since
>took over Gus's mom purposely after loosing his current body
>ties Gus and Angel back into the other characters

Gotta play by tv show rules and go the long about most retarded way possible to solve a plot

i read the books, and the first season is pretty good, it follows the first book fairly closely....but these last seasons are completely different. all in all an ok show, no problem watching it

Is the whole thing with him losing his host body a tv show original plot? Or which body does he take over in the comics?

In the stories he loses the Russian Giant body after getting his ass kicked a few times and switches to Bolivar, which is the body he keeps all the way to the final battle

With flashbacks mentioning that he was once a oracle slave boy that mentored Caligula, a big stocky centurion, and a Native American brave

The room is THE toilet.

i can't remember which season i watched

is it season 2 when eph and the gang shoot the master or whatever and he runs down the side of some building during sunlight?

i wanna watch season 3 but i'm not sure where i left off and i don't wanna rewatch all of it

>mfw the vamp allahu akbar scene

What kind of fucking HQ doesn't have UV lights to screen visitors.

Also how on earth are we losing, we have fucking helicopters, tanks, flamethrowers, plate armor, entire factories pumping out silver

That was the Season 1 finale you're describing

British "consume" far more scat than germans tho

>The really good vampire show is Dusk Til Dawn the series
No nigga, it is a moderately good tv show if you see it as it is, and an awful one if you want to compare to the original movie. For example I thought that Ash vs evil dead is a good adaptation but this one...
I'm currently watching the first season of The strain and it is a thousand times better, even if it has its flaws

It was explained by Eldritch and other powerful and influential humans working for the Master to keep information from getting out or sabotaging attempts at creating weapons. But yeah, now that it's an all out war it's kind of silly. One trained military squad was able to easily purge one nest after the other before they met Eichorst and the Master.

I generally don't get how the situation can get that much worse after the initial impact when nobody knew what was happening.

By now the Strigoyim should have a far higher loss than gain ratio.

On the other hand look how well Dutch's friends did in their scrounging

Well, the police keeps sending prisoners armed with sticks into the sewers to be turned. I doubt the average prisoner has a positive kill / death ratio, so that whole project is a net gain for the strigoi.

fuck guess i'll have to watch season 2 as well then, thanks

>Has ANY franchise with super speed characters consistently got this right?
Nope. Because it is an overpowered ability that can solve virtually any situation.

I was hoping the wrestler guy would wear his costume

So why don't the 3 ancients fucking do something?

Also
>suicide bomb vampires
>main HQ doesn't have UV scanners for people coming in
the fuck?

They've never reveled in their nature, like the Master has.They're waiting to die, essentially.

Strain?

uh, you don't get to bring worms.

It was shit from the start. But its unintentional ridiculousness makes it fun to watch.

he was a big guy

If they want to die why not just cut each other worms and get it over with?

Kino is a dumb buzzword for pretentious retards

Someone please extradite this hothead

>Sometimes they're swarming biting ants as easily tricked or distracted as Walking Dead zombies and sometimes... Well we just saw a full SWAT team with assault rifles marching in formation.

Well yeah, they are formerly real people with real skills or lack thereof. infest a swat team and you get something that at least can use hard drilled training. Infest a random dude who decided that sleeping down in the subway was a good idea and you get crazy people who really have no idea what is going on.

What exactly is this show? Some Necroscope-y shit?

it's a vampire show but they bite with a tentacle shooting out they mouth

shittiest opinion on Cred Forums award goes to

(You)

Your logic is wrong. If nothing in the universe is made of tiny greasy dwarfs with tusks, it doesn't mean tiny greasy dwarfs with tusks are the building material of the cosmos.

you can't just ignore a man's quads like that, this is Cred Forums mate

>NEW YORK STRONG BROTHER!

It's actually canon that the Master is pretty much like a guy playing StarCraft, all of his minions have free will and do whatever they want all day but the Master can see what they see and psychically control them whenever he wants. The strigoi that attacked the gas station who were smart enough to destroy the transformer and tunnel in through the roof were being directly commanded by the Master, they hinted at that with the one who smirked at Setrakian in the parking lot (I think you also heard a faint echo of the Master saying "professor" but I don't remember).

It comes down to whether or not the Master gives enough of a shit about something to personally intervene like that. The ones who waited to assault the police holdout until after Eichhorst turned off the power for the UV lamps, the ones who jumped off the roof so they wouldn't spread Eph's virus, the ones who blocked the train from leaving New York City so Zach could be kidnapped and traded for the Lumen, the turned SEALs who attacked Quinlan, they were all orchestrated by the Master. Random strigoi on the street are basically just animals though. What exactly the limitations of the Master controlling them is up in the air though, I doubt he can control more than a few dozen at once.

The Lumen in the show has mentioned "the face of God" being able to vanquish the Master/Ancients like in the books, so no one will probably be able to kill a "master worm" by conventional means even if they tried. I don't know how that will work but I'm guessing if they do physically destroy it, some random worm in its strain will probably just inherit that Ancient/Master's consciousness.

Just put em in a glassjar then

shill posters please go

>"the face of God
nukes?