playinglynch.com/
losthighwayhotel.squarespace.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=1RN6pT3zL44
twinpeaks.wikia.com/wiki/Douglas_Milford
welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/sky-atlantic-italy-may-2017-twin-peaks/
soundcloud.com/angelobadalamenti/twin-peaks-theme
youtube.com/watch?v=80yjtJFf-v0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I hope it's even worse than the second season but then it has some mindblowing, paradigm shifting finale.

magnum
opus

I like to think lynch's madness has aged like wine growing deeper and more flavorful

yes, if it's more like the movie

Why do people think this? This is less the return of Twin Peaks and more the return of David Lynch.

Gonna be a similar reaction like Fire Walk with Me

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

THIS IS LITERALLY THE WORST OPINION ABOUT SOMETHING I HAVE EVER HEARD

The movie is better than all of the show, save for the pilot.

The second series was good though, the only parts I didn't like as much were the strong lady. The storyline was funny as fuck but the lady that plays her just makes my skin crawl with that voice

daily reminder that the episodes before laura's killer is revealed in season two are just as good as season one, and and that the finale and fire walk with me are both god-tier

>more flavorful
I guess in a way shit is more flavorful than a lot of things.

youtube.com/watch?v=caWXt9lCVrc

this is kino

Who /hypedasfuck/ here?

welcome aboard! The movie was shit btw.

>It'll be just like in the movies. Pretending to be somebody else.

David Lynch and some user online with the nick "19901992" has been teasing season 3 and very few people seemed to have picked up on it, there are several portal sites that lead to

playinglynch.com/

Which has a 7 day countdown.

>are just as good as season one
Nope, not even close, they started those incredibly awful storylines.

You didn't mind biker dude + MILF? The early reveal of the killer?

>Suzie ripped off her shirt completely
What did he mean by this?

I like the series, but I don't really care for the movie. The surreal imagery is pretty cool but the story itself is just redundant.

Hyped as fuck for the new season though.

"I'll see you again in twenty five years..." what did she mean by this?

What's going on here?

>I'll see you again in twenty five years..
It means that Lynch was 25 years ahead of his time and the show got scrubbed because normies couldn't grasp it.

Dale Cooper goes missing and Diane played by Laura Dern has go come into Twin Peaks and look for him

That's one of the season's theories

The story would only be redundant if the movie was attempting to be the show, but it went out of its way to paint a very bleak picture of Laura's life, her death had been romanticized on the show and while we knew the details of that night, this movie took us through it in a very harrowing and painful way.

It was also really important in the way it painted Leland, because the show completely fucked that up with episode 8 and 9 of Season 2 removing responsibility and turning him into a caricature villain. This was a much more nuanced portrayal of the character and a sobering reminder of just how fucking horrible what he did was.

Movie is really important and reaches heights the show never did.

Isn't lynch both writing and directing all episodes? How could it suck?

>"Do you know what the oldest lie in Twin Peaks is Cooper? That the supernatural does not exist'.

Michael Cera is already reminding me of Jesse Eisenberg's Lex

>mfw he makes a deal with the red room and unleashes evil upon the town

Lynch probably planned it

Meaning he probably wrote season 3 when he finished season 2 and waited

If this is true then Boyhood can fuck off

I'M' BACK

BACK AND READY

Why drag out the identity of the killer? I really liked that they just came out with it

And what the fuck the biker guy's story was hilarious what's wrong with you. I think people don't understand what is meant to be comedy in twin peaks, there's a lot of intentional goofing

>mfw Lynch mindfucks everyone with Season 3 and it just does not make sense at all
I so hope he does this

Is Windom earle /our guy/

How will they address the Bob actor not being present since he passed away?

And Damn Bowie is dead too so we can't get a resolution with his character :(

There's a shitload of comedy, but let's not pretend that was up to par with the rest of the comedic sections.

Me too. I hope this new season just pisses off fans of the show, the same fans that hated the movie, because fuck them. They just want some lame comfy randumb rehash.

Inland Empire is a literal masterpiece of filmmaking to me.

If Season 3 is like that but way more absurd then I love it

How do I enjoy FWWM?
It just took away the mystique of Twin Peaks for me.
All the secrets of the story being shoved in your face like that, it was kind of pointless.
Hints of the sweet homecoming queen being an edgy degenerate was engrossing in the show.
Watching an edgy degenerate be an edgy degenerate in the movie was kind of boring.
The red room/other place stuff seemed overdone.
That Bowie scene was garbage
Why couldn't he leave the mystique of the origin be, and do a film sequel to the series instead?

How was the movie bad again? I haven't seen the deleted scenes yet (I downloaded the 3 hour fan edit so I am gonna get comfy and watch that eventually).

That was the point of it retardo

>How do I enjoy FWWM?
You take the cock out of your butt.

Can someone explain to me about the creamed corn or whatever it was that Bob was eating?

Fuck bowies character

And probably bob takes on a new form

>getting caught wasn't apart of his plan
No

>mfw Bobby has literally become "Bob"

No Coop is our guy

>How was the movie bad again?
It's not. It just didn't pander to fans of the show and instead explored its dark material seriously. It's one of Lynch's best films.

So who is gonna replace the dwarf?

Its been 25 years
Of course its going to be shit

To ruin the series and bore me to tears?

Blue Velvet is no doubt Lynch's best film

shelly > audrey > laura >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> donna

The magic kid in the series explained it.
Can't remember too good, it's like the physical representation of fear or some shit.

SHELLY!

kill yourself

If by "one of his best" you mean "his third worst" then yes.

>ywn be there for Laura and help cheer her up
;_;

I wonder if the hotel in this pic is the same one in losthighwayhotel.squarespace.com/

Depends on what you look for in a film. I'd go with Mulholland Drive, FWWM, and the Elephant Man over Blue Velvet.

Dinkage

How the hell did Lynch find a kid who looks 100% identical to himself?

List his films best to worst so I can laugh at you.

>Don't talk to me or my son again

>mfw the young kid is Lynch's character as a child

BV > MD > EM > IE > EH > LH > WAH > FWWM > TSS > D
come at me bro

SOMEBODY SAAAAAAAAVVVEEEEE MMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It's going to revolutionize television like it did in 90s.Even though a lot of plebs say that tv is in the golden era ,I think it's nowhere near as good as films.Because tv has become a writer oriented medium and director doesn't mean jack shit.So tv has become like books.Everything is copied from someplace else and they have become uninspired.Lynch is going to deliver a surreal,mindfucking masterpiece and push television towards director oriented shows .

My apologies. You were raised by a single mother. I have nothing but pity.

Tv was gold back in 2006-2007 when we got Life On Mars, the first couple seasons of Torchwood

I didn't like the movie
If I wanted to watch a dark, drab and depressing movie I would film my life.

>Because tv has become a writer oriented medium
It always was, even with Twin Peaks.

>I didn't like the movie because it was too depressing
Found the pleb

maybe but people actually wanted to see twin peaks so

Yeah, but your life isn't formally rigorous, beautifully scored, cathartic and perfectly realized. You're just a boring loser covered in Cheetos dust.

There is a great article in which Brian De Palma talks about this topic.Writers are the boss in tv .Execs and writers micromanaging the shit out of everything.There is no room for bold directors/genius filmmakers.I think tv is going backwards.Golden age was between ;late 90s to late 2000s(Twin Peaks being an exception). Prepare your anus cause we are entering the phase which will be the equivalence of capeshit in movies.Example- Stranger Things was full of cliches and copied from all over the place and extremely predictable meant for teenage plebs.

What made Twin Peaks great was the esoteric and strange amalgamation of the quirky characters,offbeat story and surreal and mysteric direction.That's why a lot of other tv shows have tried to copy Twin Peaks but none has even come close.

>formally rigorous, beautifully scored, cathartic and perfectly realized
>fwwm

>Execs and writers micromanaging the shit out of everything.
Television is like that for a reason. They create more content in less time and in doing so have to rely on formulas.
>There is no room for bold directors/genius filmmakers.
There's little room for them in film, let alone tv.
>I think tv is going backwards.Golden age was between ;late 90s to late 2000s
Um, what were these cinematic shows? Twin Peaks and X-Files? Good for television, but neither shows were that interesting cinematically.
>Example- Stranger Things was full of cliches and copied from all over the place and extremely predictable meant for teenage plebs.
Stranger Things was actually pretty cinematic and you're trashing it? You're a dope, kid.

Dumb frogposter. Back to Cred Forums

Does that mean Leland raped laura?

Wasn't that kid actually played by Lynch's son?

I respect your opinion but no.

IE > TSS > MD > LH = EH > EM = BV = FWWM > WAH > D

did you watch the movie

>the 3 hour fan edit
can you please upload a mega?

this please

Search for "q2 fwwm", it edits all the lost scenes back into the movie according to the screenplay's placement.

What was cut out was so necessary to following the movie that anybody who legitimately enjoys the film on anything other than a purely aesthetic level clearly only does so out of some sense of pareidolia.

Could you upload your copy to mega, there's not very many quick downloads out there

>laura
she's way below Donna... with her pancake face

Shelly>Audrey=Norma>Donna>>>>>>...>>>>Laura

don't have it anymore, sorry.

I unironically love this

>Stranger Things was actually pretty cinematic and you're trashing it? You're a dope, kid.
Le looks cool man=cinematic

Knew this was crazy clown without clicking link.

The Movie is perfect Pleb filter. It took characters you're used to from a comfy show and put them into uncomfortable situations.

I asked for no cream corn.

>Garrrr-mann-BOE-zeeaAAA....

Nah, the show also does a decent job of following the rules of film grammar, which is not common at all in television. Or in most films nowadays, for that matter.

It was also the first TV show that took lighting, framing of a shot and shot composition seriously.

>Um, what were these cinematic shows?
Oz, The Sopranos, The Wire

Le looks cool man=cinematic

Le i have no argument man = fuck off

That meme you like is coming back in style

Really though, those shows had an aesthetic but they were clumsily shot. Which is to be expected. They're tv shows. It's about the writing.

it's just a jam

What did they mean by this?

Am I alone in preferring Season 2. I'll admit Season 1 has a much better ratio of good to bad episodes, but the very best episodes are all in S2.

No, but you're alone anyway.

That scene put BOB and The Black Lodge over as the ultimate threat big time. Windom Earle was being built for several episodes as some kind of mad genius big bad villain, and then he gets BTFO the second he enters The Black Lodge.

Who is this new hack fraud?

It's pretty good as a standalone film, but it honestly kind of sucks as a companion to the series. That's an unpopular opinion here, though.

The show is overrated. Way too cute and randumb.

underrated keks

he wishes he had his hair

Written by: David Lynch & Mark Frost
Directed by: David Lynch

While I personally wouldn't mind if Harvey Peyton had contributed to some of the dialogue, first and foremost that of Albert Rosenfeld (Peyton was the best at writing sarcasm of the bunch), the MF + DL episodes still remain the very best from the original show, so theoretically at least this shouldn't go wrong.

sounds cool, but the voice is stupid.

And Pixies did it better on the 90s

BOB is Ray Wise now at least i hope

Yeah

Can't waited to see what Reznor, Atticus and talented Yoko 2.0 will be up to.

>Code Red
>Not Blue Rose
bullshit.

>This is what shilling looks like

h-h-haunted

youtube.com/watch?v=1RN6pT3zL44

Makes me sad to think some people even doubt that this will be absoloutely glorious, it's god emperor Lynch back on television, this time with what looks like full creative freedom unless Frost reigns him in somewhat.

Will take TV with storm just like the original did.

>Trailer makes multiple references to one 'Douglas Milford', who was sold a brand new 1947 Buick Roadmaster Sedan (paid up front, in cash) by a Mr. BOB J. Hart....

twinpeaks.wikia.com/wiki/Douglas_Milford

HEART ATTACK, MY ASS

Sounds like shit

Is there a real release date yet?

I'm actually excited for the book. I love world-building and lore and all of that shit.

welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/sky-atlantic-italy-may-2017-twin-peaks/

May 2017, apparently.

Agreed. The first 30 minutes with Kief Chief were great. Then it just becomes "things you already knew if you watched the TV series, shown in gratuitous detail". Watching evil Leland go apeshit in the train car was so painfully lame.

It's why GoT is so awful. No director with enough authority to compensate for shitty writing. Think only Neil Marshall was the only director to leave his mark.

>tfw I actually liked season 2
>tfw I thought the bits about nadine going back to higschool and ben going insane and reenacting the civil war were great fun

I'm really looking forward to Season 3.

First half of season 2 is god tier desu

The thing is it's quite different to the series in every imaginably way. Different tone, different energy. A lot of people have described it as the antithesis of Twin Peaks and in a way that's the best way to describe it. That's why most people don't like it. If you appreciate it for what it is, it's actually not bad.

>These garbage opinions

I had no idea anyone could be this wrong.

you are not alone user

General Ben was fucking great

my only problem with season 2 is james and donna arc

Bump

THIS, it's obviously different than the rest but not in a bad way, and then it all comes together in the final eps. The only thing i didn't like was james retarded bike adventures

that bike arc was chessy as fuck

damn she is perfect

Lynch's musicc is goat

dye his hair and he's good to go

Keep dreamin', not a chance. Lynch's last work before he dies will be an immaculate compendium of his life's artistic meaning.

That would be interesting if it didn't take her 25 years to go looking for him

F I N E W I N E
I
N
E
W
I
N
E

Leland had been raping Laura since she was 12

It's Lynch, so yes.

Can't wait to see plebs jump on the bandwagon and have no clue what the fuck they are watching

Confederate General Ben Horne was a pretty interesting take on conveying insanity, imo

Twin Peaks is part of the hipster starter pack.

It's suffering manifest.

They literally eat suffering.

Eh I don't really think so, none of my friends have seen it. I would say GoT is the hipster show.

>I would say GoT is the hipster show.
look up histper definition senpai

Honestly senpai:

Windom Earle's Ruse Cruise > Confederate Ben > Josie's Supernatural Noir Tale > Lana's Sex Escapades > Little Nicky > Nadine's Adventures in High School > James' Daytime Soap > shit > Coop and Annie > Audrey and FUCKING BILLY ZANE

While season 2 was plagued by bad decisions, it's not as bad as a lot of people say, it's biggest crime really was just not being as fucking excellent as season 1. Maybe it's because of how much I've repeatedly seen it, but I like it. /spoiler]

It's gonna suck dick
Lynch has gone senile after MD

GoT is a normie scum show.

You sound like a hipster.

>it's a "Windom Earle has made his move" episode

she's ready

>i'm playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers

preview of the new version of the theme?
soundcloud.com/angelobadalamenti/twin-peaks-theme

she looks dead inside.

Daily reminder second series sucked shit

>Killer Revealed
>Muh Milf
>Muh Nadine
>Muh Shut-in plantfag
>Muh mill

In Series 1, these more details and seasoning to the actual murder. Series 2 put this shit front and center, continually interrupting the actual progression with mexican-soap-opera tier interludes.

The opening scene is PURE KINO, 100% non-filtered,bulk KINO

Audrey's dead she exploded with the bank. Lara Flynn doesn't even need to be in it. All that stupid shit with her and James was dumb as fuck. And I hope James doesn't return either that ugly faggot was the worst. "Oh no all these hot ladies are wanting to fuck me but all's I wanna do is ride my bike outta town!"

Naydine

>accept the notion that Mermelstein was the brains behind the Medellin cartel
>accept that there was a Jewish mafia
>accept that there was an Italian mafia
>REEEE THE JEWS DIDNT USE WHOPS AS CANNON FODDER REEEEE U FUCKING NAZI

Lynch was the best part of the original series (with the Pilot and FWWM being the best)

I trust in him to do this well, but if it's anything like FWWM, plebs are gonna freak.

I hope Frost can sneak a few comfy moments in between the absolute madman's shenanigans.

None of the original cast has to return. As long as Lynch is making something again.

I don't get the rabid fanbase for the show. Yeah, it was good, sometimes great, but its conceit had worn thin by the second season.

Meme. The first half of the second season was arguably better than the first, and the second half was still really really good.

uploading it for you senpai keep the thread alive

>The first half of the second season was arguably better than the first,
For contrarian retards. When Lynch abandoned the show it became a subpar Northern Exposure. And again, it wore out its conceit, regardless of quality. It became stretched too thin.
>and the second half was still really really good.
I can take the Lynch directed episodes and leave the rest.
>Meme
If anything, that's your opinion, since it's only something hardcore fans on the internet say.

>majority dictates quality

You dismissed my opinion as a meme, when it's been the prevailing opinion amongst almost everyone outside of a few hardcore fans on the internet. Your's is the meme opinion, if anyone's is.

I never said majority dictates quality, although in this instance the majority is right.

Here's that (You) you wanted

its going to take a long while, ill make a thread about fire walk with me with the final shot of laura as its image when i have the file uploaded

Lynch didn't take a step back till after the death of Leland that happens nine episodes into season 2 those stretch of episodes easily rate equal or higher than the first season.

The inclusion of episodes 10 and 11 automatically put the first season way ahead, but season two was stale to begin with.

This, pure Lynch is pure kino, but it's too out there.
Pure Frost is pure comfy and pure Twin Peaks, but it's always missing something.

That's why both of them together will result in perfection, Frost can continue the lore of the town and people that he loves to write so much and Lynch can make the magic work.

I can't wait famiglia

Not for me. I value both seasons for different reasons. 1 has the breakneck plotting with everything feeling connected to the murder mystery and great balance of all the disparate elements. While 2 at least initially gives more time to surrealism, paranormal aspects and quite character moments. Stuff like Major Briggs's speech, Louise Dombrowski, The Tremonds and the buildup of BOB all make 2 more memorable to me.

wait did he get rid of BASED angelo?

is he /our guy/?

Season 2 was fantastic except for the Donna/ James arc. Dick is by far the best non important character on the show

I actually really like the friendship that blossoms between Dick and Andy despite their rivalry.

no. Dick is.

probably, this can't be as good as season 1, there's no way... and i mean, with digital cameras? they're fucked...
>you will never have another show as comfy and scary at the same time like Twin Peaks

No he's still doing the score but they will likely be playing parts and writing songs for it.

What if they apply a grain filter and crop it to 4:3

test

No way it's better than season two either, because season two is even better than one.

The one thing I do like about Lynch is that he won't bow to pressure to make it too pleb friendly, since he doesn't give a fuck about being commercially viable.

At his age this could likely be his last directorial outing, so I hope he goes all out for it.

Don't jynx it user

I want muh Coop to be great again

>there are people ITT who think Fire Walk With Me wasn't great
wtf

Cred Forums is pleb city.

Based General Ben Horne I loved, some of the other things not so much.

Anyone tried David Lynch Coffee? Is it any good?

Malkovich...

he is the ourest of guys

youtube.com/watch?v=80yjtJFf-v0

>thinking that refered to casting
It was about the doppelgangers

It will be nothing like the original Twin Peaks but I reckon it will be really cool

Blue Velvet and Fire Walk With Me are easily his best btw. Need to re-watch Inland Empire but I remember it being cool

she looks dead outside as well

Ok, I give up, I will watch Twin Peaks. Been avoiding it for ages now because of all the hipster retards that love it.
I'm downloading everything to watching it back to back.

Enjoy it familia

whats the countdown for user? s3 stuff?

He's not on the cast list of season 3
I know it's just another coincidence like 25 years

Have fun, be sure to watch the movie after the show and don't watch the extended fanedit like an autist

FWWM was funny more than just depressing

Norma best girl

why is inland empire so clearly better than md then

I dont think it has pleb appeal. If its Lynch itll be slow and theyll have no idea what's going on and he probably wont explain anything that connects to past seasons.

Say that to my weasel in real life and see what happens

Albert is best character

he asked for an insane amount of money and they refused him, now he's going around saying that david lynch raped his daughter and had jack nance killed, not even fucking with you

That isn't Based Bobby Briggs

Wrong

Probably.

I'll still love every minute of it.

kinda wish lara flynn boyle came back as a corpse or something

im still sad

the only TP character who did literally nothing wrong

What was his endgame?

koksal baba
koksal baba
koksal baba

Pete was our guy

you have a shit opinion. go watch lost.

Wasn't he fooling around with the Asian?

I'm going to miss Pete ;_;

Bobby is easily a Top 5 character.

What was better, Twin peaks or The Killing?

Nah, he just enjoyed flirting with her, and she did genuinely become his friend despite manipulating him emotionally.

Stranger Things

0/10

lol

> 1-st episode - 10m
> 2-nd - 5m
> last episode - 4 lynchfags
> 0.5 star / 10

He had the best arc out of every side character.

How he changes throughout the series is awesome.

Lynch was reminded he wrote that by Frost actually and that was what convinced him it was worth coming back. Frost and a few others were the ones that first got the idea of a revival season going.

I'm betting Bowie's character was recast and will appear. Maybe that's who Tim Roth is playing.