DUDE ITS A MASTERPIECE LMAO

>DUDE ITS A MASTERPIECE LMAO

>DUDE IT WAS ALL A DREAM LOL

There Will be Blood was easily one of the dullest movie in the history of movies. Each minute following old man Daniel and his family as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the movie's only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make oil unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Upton Sinclair vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the movie; he made sure the movie would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for his book. There Will be Blood might be anti-Christian (or not), but it's certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the book is g-g-good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Sinclair's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that he has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Oil! by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Oil! at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Oil!" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King

Nice pasta

btw, Steven Spielberg is the anti-thesis of art.

>DUDE SO MANY PLOT HOLES LMAO

>not being able to understand why TWBB is good
you have to be over 18 to post on this site.

Never saw it, was there blood?

>DUDE IT'S FULL OF STARS LMAO

literally nothing happens and its so fucking boring

DUDE ALL STYLE NO SUBSTANCE LMAO

>being this vapid

Are you fucking stupid?

>DUDE BIG HUNKY MEN IN SPANDEX BUT IM NOT GAY PROMISE LMAO

it was literally the smartest film of all time

Go back to your Transformers movies.

>it was all a dream

????? I don't get the joke.

you say this but odds are you like jj abrahms and nicolas refn and they are the epitome of style over substance

>that scene where he beats the shit out of classic paul
kino

made me audibly laugh

>it's an Cred Forums gets triggered because of a poor troll saying PTA is boring

Every single day.

his films are pretty drab. have you seen the master? biggest pile of shit ive ever seen. literally nothing happens

how can you logically put jj abarams and refn in the same category?

Chigurh is the sheriff.

>Another great thread on Cred Forums

go back to your capeshit and dumb blockbusters, if PTA is honestly above your comprehension level, to the point where you say stuff like "nothing happens" you shouldn't even bother with actually good films.

i dont like capeshit and enjoy the occaisonal blockbuster but just let it be known that PTA is the most overrated hack working in hollywood. keep your meme director

wot

You probably love Refn and think Only God Forgives is the best film of the decade.

see you in the next one kiddo

I love Nolan and Intersellar is probably the best film of the decade if not century.

2001 is my favorite movie of all time and I love Refn.

Also JJ Abrams sucks balls.