Is this is one of the worst critically acclaimed movies?

Is this is one of the worst critically acclaimed movies?
>mumble mumble family mumble mumble horse head mumble mumble honor family the end
Any Tarkovsky or Herzog film has more substance in a single shot than this tripe has in its torturous entirety.

Majority of foreign films are much better but these days it's one of the few American classic worth watching. It's the only good movie on imdb's top 10, which consists of Dark Knight, Fight Club and Pulp Fiction.

it's certainly the most overrated gangster picture, give me James Cagney over that shit any day

>it's one of the few American classics worth watching
t. pleb

There are hundreds of classic Hollywood movies better than The Godfather

peasant

Considering 99% of people these days can't sit through the whole thing because it's too slow for them (majority of Cred Forums falls in this category also), no it's not overrated.

>Pulp Fiction.
stopped reading right there

The Godfather is kino. If you find Godfather boring, capeshit might be for you.

>tfw read the entire thread in Vito's voice
>tfw trying to do a shitty Vito impression now

>you come to my thread, on this, the day of my cunny's shitpost

MORE LIKE PINO...

PINO GRIGIO

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Let's just say, there are many kinos with way more punch that came out of the 70's Reneissance

what if I find both Godfather and capeshit boring?

Yes, but Gone With the Wind is worse.

>70's "renaissance"
the 70s were shit, I fucking hate that cheap looking washed-out aesthetic

OP is talking about critics, not general audiences. Although, the line between the two has become blurry since the internet

Anyway, I'd say the worst film that has been canonized by critics is definitely Lawrence of Arabia

t. People who only watch garbage made after the 90's

>he watches film for plot

I can attest to feeling it's grossly overrated. I watched it only recently after watching a shit load of other films and practically every film in lists of top 500s, I always left this one out because I don't tend to enjoy the Italian gangster theme and because it's so highly reviewed and top of many lists that I thought I'd save it for a good day.

It is a good film don't get me wrong but I felt goodfellas was a far better film, and even then I thought that was just an 8/10 watch

What the godfather does have is great cinematography and character building but the plot was weak and the pacing is poor. I think a lot of the love for it comes from it is very artistically packaged with a stellar soundtrack and well thought out framing of scenes.

factually incorrect

My favorite decades are the 30's and 40's, fight me

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

I agree with all of this, although I absolutely love The Godfather Part II. It has better pacing, a more interesting narrative and is just far more entertaining. Also the way it goes back and forth in time along with the scenes in Cuba make it more epic in scope than the first film

>end of the movie
>he just decides to kill all the rival mafia heads
>no explanation as to how

or why

I can understand wanting to off Barzini, Tataglia and Moe Green, but why everyone else? Maybe the book explains it

To be honest Part II was better.

goodfellas is better

It does. The book is pretty much 1 and the beginning of 2, both with a bit more background on everything.