Characters who did everything wrong

Characters who did everything wrong

I'll start

His plan is to weed out all muggle ancestry from the wizarding gene pool

Except the strongest wizards are half blooded including himself, harry potter, snape, Lupin, professor McGonagall, and Dumbledore. The pure bloods are the blacks, the weasleys, the Longbottoms and the Malfoys so other than the blacks pretty shit.

There is 0 evidence that muggle blood reduces magical power, as I've said based on what we are given it seems to enhance it.

Its stated multiple times that everyone has muggle ancestry if you look hard enough.

> "And it's codswallop, to boot. 'Dirty blood.' Why, there isn’t a wizard alive today that’s not half-blood or less."

His plan makes no sense

Other urls found in this thread:

harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Harry_Potter
harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Albus_Dumbledore
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Tries to take over a high school
>fails

Is he the most pathetic villain ever?

voldermort = hitler.

Whatever his plan was, he would have won if he had instead used a different want other than the elder wand, why the fuck does he need a special wand anyways? does avada kedavra deal more damage with different wands? or was it because he already made an effort to obtain it so might as well use it?

or was it because it was a strange professional kill streak collector's elder magic wand?

Yeah, and the Jews won in both cases.

RIP

all he had to do was kill James and bone Lilly. Boom, he's Harry's dad. Series over, JK Rowling still living under a bridge.

His goal was to kill Harry because of the prophecy that one of them would have to die. His overall goal was to commit a genocide of muggles. He didn't have a problem with mudbloods co-existing with purebloods, he just considered them inferior.

what i never got is his obsession with killing Harry Potter. its a kid, and not even a particularly bright one. just stay out of his way and you're fine.

but they weren't inferior they were the same in not better.

How did Harry Potter become such a successful fantasy series when it has literally no mythology?

That's the fucking point. It's supposed to be a metaphor for how racism is bullshit.

It's because the Deathly Hallows set gives you a +15 universal stat buff plus autorez at the nearest inn with a 50% item wear reduction.

I don't know why I laughed at this

>There is 0 evidence that muggle blood reduces magical power, as I've said based on what we are given it seems to enhance it

By definition of the word, muggles can't use magic. So if you have say 50% muggle blood, maybe you will still be fine, but at some point, if you then have children with another muggle and you keep thinning the bloodline, it HAS to reduce magic power in the long run, otherwise the muggle world would be full of amazing wizards because everyone has that 0.5% wizard blood in their ancestry.

>but at some point, if you then have children with another muggle and you keep thinning the bloodline, it HAS to reduce magic power in the long run

Yeah, that's not true. In the books, it says that two completely muggle parents can give birth to a magical child. It's really rare, but it still happens.

Several things

Hermione has 100% muggle blood and she was one of the most powerful witches in the book

Theres 0 evidence that magic is in your blood and therefore can be diluted.

This is shown false throughout the entire book.

> it HAS to reduce magic power in the long run

This isn't how magic works in the book.

Wizards are 100% magic no matter who they are.

Rowling has said that all mudbloods have at least one wizard ancestor and that's why they can do magic.

So the magic gene is indeed a thing but given how dominant it is there should be way more wizards.

maybe it's more like sayans, with half-bloods and all...

>Hermione has 100% muggle blood and she was one of the most powerful witches in the book

Nah where are you pulling that from? She was a boffin who knew a shit load of semi decent obscure spells but she wasn't powerful kek

Right but the amount of the pure blood means nothing as long as you are magic sensitive.

If this was true pure bloods would dominate mud bloods in magic but they don't. Hermione is more powerful than the malfoys, weasleys or the longbottoms. And all of the strongest characters are half bloods.

A mudblood by definition must have magical ancestors. Otherwise, they would be a muggle born like Hermione.

Book Hermione is shown to be capable of performing new spells almost instantly with little to no practice

>trying to explain magic with biology

You have to be trolling. Rowling has state multiple times that she was one of the strongest wizards of all time

Ye so can a bunch of wizards, she isn't that special, she just canonically reads shit loads so she has an idea of how to do shit beforehand

Pretty much every major other female character except luna outclassed her in power but she just was a pen knife utility character because she has the power to solve puzzles with 'I read about this!'

Give source, preferably in the books rather than Rowling marketing to the female audience long after

It's an instant death spell, so i guess it has a pretty low chance to hit. Elder wand probably increass that chance

>Ye so can a bunch of wizards, she isn't that special

It's stated multiple times that Hermione has a rare knack for magic. All the professors know this and compliment her on it all the fucking time in the books. They show it in the first movie when she's like the only one in the class who can perform Wingardium Leviosa perfectly.

Even if Hermione was just a mediocre witch (which she's not), the point is that she has two muggle parents. All the evidence points to magical blood having no bearing on the extent of magical ability.

>If this was true pure bloods would dominate mud bloods in magic but they don't. Hermione is more powerful than the malfoys, weasleys or the longbottoms. And all of the strongest characters are half bloods.

It might very well be that having some muggle blood enhances your wizard powers, but that doesn't mean the more muggle blood the better and that there isn't a point of diminishing return. The word muggle is used for normal people who CANNOT use magic, so the closer you get to a 100% muggle bloodline, the less likely it becomes that you will be able to use magic.

If anything Snape and James inventing their own shit as teenagers make Hermione look like not that much of a bright special snowflake.

>. All the evidence points to magical blood having no bearing on the extent of magical ability.

More like all the evidence points to Hermione being an exception that proves the rule, otherwise the muggle world would be full of immensely powerful wizards.

how the fuck were james, sirius and peter were animagus?
would'nt that be too fucking hard for a bunch of kids learn?

Yeah its probable that mud blood wizards have a higher rate of making squibs (non magic children born to magic parents) but they do not have a reduced ability in magic.

Although you'd think they'd think of a spell to reduce the chances of a squib being born. In fact if I was voldemort thats would be one of the first things I would do considering that pure bloods have squibs to just like the Black family.

You really have no idea how magic works in Harry potter do you?

The muggle world doesn't have wizards. Hermione isn't part of the muggle world. Once you have magical abilities you cease to be part of the muggle world

Also lily potter was the same as Hermione and she was very talented. So was Dumbledores mother

What went wrong?

Its like people in COD who want the gold plated guns

He just wants to show off how sick his gear is

>the muggle world would be full of immensely powerful wizard

You can't be a muggle and do magic. The definition of muggle is literally a non-magical person.

>all the evidence points to Hermione being an exception that proves the rule

Being muggle born only affects how likely it is that you can use magic, not how powerful your magic is. If you need more proof, both Ron and Neville are purebloods that are shit at magic.

>"FROM MY POINT OF VIEW DUMBLEDORE IS EVIL!"

What did he mean by this?

>Being muggle born only affects how likely it is that you can use magic, not how powerful your magic is.

Well yes, so Voldemort was right after all. More muggle blood = less wizards.

Biggest fault was his own hubris.

The Elder Wand is pretty much useless to him since his go-to spell is the Killing Curse. You either get hit and die or it misses.

Harry potter is a pure blood. Both parents are wizards.
Dumbledore is a pure blood as well, both parents are wizards.
>Except the strongest wizards are half blooded including himself, harry potter, snape, Lupin, professor McGonagall, and Dumbledore.
I don't see how harry himself was a powerful wizards. He could use about 3 spells. Expecto patronos, expeliarmus and protego. That was about it. The only reason he could stand against voldemort was because a part of voldermorts soul was in him and because he was the master of the deathstick while fighting against voldemort in the end.
>which btw is a huge plot hole because voldemort defeated harry by killing him so he should have become the master of the deathstick.

Okay you are just trolling

>Harry potter is a pure blood. Both parents are wizards.
>Dumbledore is a pure blood as well, both parents are wizards.

No both of their mothers were muggle born making them half blooded which the Death eaters saw as inferior. Stated multiple times.

harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Harry_Potter

harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Albus_Dumbledore

I swear some of you guys didn't even watch to movies or read the books

What? You just said it yourself. "Being muggle born only affects how likely it is that you can use magic"

Meaning the more the wizard bloodlines are diluted with muggle blood, the more likely it is for their children to not be able to use magic.

I know that their mothers were muggle born, but that doesn't make them inferior by voldemorts standard.
Voldemort only hated muggleborn wizards. Harry could have joined the other side on multiple times, but he refused.
Where is it stated by the deatheaters that they are inferior and when?

>nothing wrong
Except for being one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises? Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Voldemort is a half blood ( which he hides from the death eaters). They allow half bloods because they out number them but they do not like them.

Did you miss when Beatrix defased her sisters portrait for making a half blood? Did you miss when she said

>"You dare speak his name with your unworthy lips, you dare besmirch it with your half-blood's tongue, you dare... He dared — he dares — he stands there — filthy half-blood — "

Did you miss when Walburga Black Screamed in her portrait "Filthy little half bloods" when harry walked past her?

When they took over Hogwarts they allowed half bloods to stay there but they didn't treat them the same.

Yeah I actually missed that. I guess you are right.

>Book written with the skill of a 4th grader
>Surprised it has a shit antagonist

>it's a "tumblr disguised as a movie-thread" episode

there have been too many of these lately.

That's exactly why. In his mind he's the most powerful wizard ever but then he fucks up every time he tries to kill a kid. He can't stand it

>most powerful wizard ever

All he did was spam the same death spell over and over.

almost like it's an allegory for something

cherry picking

we don't know the general trend

Like I said, in his mind.

>Meaning the more the wizard bloodlines are diluted with muggle blood, the more likely it is for their children to not be able to use magic.

There's no statistics given in the book proving that more magical blood makes it more likely for someone to become a wizard. It's a moot point. Assuming that it was true, it would make Voldemort's plan for total muggle genocide all the more stupid. If anything, the segregation of the muggle world and the wizarding world is the reason why there are so few wizards left.

Voldemort really doesn't seem to care much about blood purity, he just wants power and goes along with the ideology because it's useful for him. He is half-blood and he definitely doesn't hate himself for it. He values his death eaters based on their abilities and not their ancestry, it's just the muggles he hates.

it was too late

someone post witches who got MUGGLED

are you daft? all it takes is one magical ancestor

the one drop rule applies to wizards and magic sensitivity

>Voldemort had sex with Bellatrix
>time travel

Well done, Cred Forums. Well done.

HOWEVER

>Puts the pieces of his soul, the only way to kill him, in artifacts that can be tracked down instead of random pebbles on the ocean floor
>attacks the most fortified position in the wizarding world head on
>never just steals a nuke

You seem to be well acquainted with how tumblr works

why not just kill the Potters and kidnap Harry to raise him as his dark prince or something?

Because there was a prophecy (which are always correct) that one of them will kill the other.

This frightened him

>blacks
At first I thought this was referring to Dean Thomas.

they were that fucking cool... Hermione has nothing on the Marauders and Snape

His plan makes perfect sense

1st point

The Wizarding population of Britain is in catastrophic decline. The combined number of students at Hogwarts is barely enough to populate a small village, let alone the entire of Wizarding Britain. Wizards have stopped having children, or have ceased to have magical children. No-one seems to address this issue in the films or book, implying it is repressed.

2nd point

The magical gene is recessive. It pops up in Muggle families randomly, this is a defining characteristic of a recessive gene. The reverse, the case of muggle children being born to a wizard family, is much more rare, implying it is the result of a mutation, rather than a gene.

Wizarding families who do not interbreed with muggles therefore have more magical children.

3rd point

If the Wizarding community in Britain is to be saved, it must cease miscegenation with Muggles. This is Voldemort's overriding aim. He wishes the save the magical world.

Dumbledore, on the other hand, loathes the magical world. He saw it as responsible for the death of sister and the destruction of countless live due to random people like Voldemort or Grindelwald being given huge power with no accountability. Following the murder of Harry's parents, he resolves to destroy the magical world by encouraging muggle miscegenation and banning the study of powerful magic (the so called "dark arts").

He succeeds. Within a few generations, the entire Wizarding community is reduced to a couple of thousand people. The ministry collapses and magic dies out forever.

>if not better
Is this what dumb fuck minorities actually think?
Asking this as a minority.

Literally everything

Saw it in the West End as well

>The Wizarding population of Britain is in catastrophic decline.

Cept its not

>The magical gene is recessive

Cept she said it was Dominant as most muggles that breed with wizards produce wizard children.

"Due to the dominance of the magic gene, children born to at least one magical parent will usually be magical themselves"

>He succeeds. Within a few generations, the entire Wizarding community is reduced to a couple of thousand people. The ministry collapses and magic dies out forever.

Cept in the next generations are fine as shown in the new books.

Keep making shit up that wasn't in the books.

if the prophecy had to become real even if Harry is bad or something Voldie still would have his horrocruxes and if He senses harry would kill him or something it would be as easy as slittling his throat while sleeping or just telling nagini to eat him alive while taking a bath or something

Aryan superiority was scientifically proven though.
Do you think third of the world would go to war just because of some theory? Don't delude yourself.

>Aryan superiority was scientifically proven though.

>implying that jews and East asians aren't objectively smarter and more creative

>more creative
>objectively
user, how did you get brain damage?

>Cept its not

It is, there are 1000 kids at Hogwarts, the only magical school in Britain. That's a Children of Men type decline.

>Cept she said it was Dominant

She's an unreliable narrator then, she has no understanding of genetics and the magical gene in the books and film is a recessive gene. In fact, a dominant gene is impossible if Hermione's parents are Muggles.

>Cept in the next generations are fine as shown in the new books.

Did say a few generations. And in the new stage show, wizards not being able to have children is actually a major theme.

All his problems stem from being an unloved and unwanted bastard orphan. No one wants an orphan around and even less want a bastard.

>Aryan superiority was scientifically proven though.

This is false

you made them feel welcome with pleb trash like /got/ and /drwho/ so this is what you get

You either haven't read the books or play or you're baiting

Someone should have shot him, though a kind user pointed out that they were in Britain

I've been to see the play and I've read all the books multiple times.

What is Voldermort end game anyway
>hurr durr let take over England
well shit Im not talking about real world power, but you gotta consider that England is a fucking tiny island. What stop other magic user world wide to come over and stomp his ass.

Also the rule of magic in HPverse is stupid af. The most important point is that what wizards use to created magic? Mana? inner strength? Will power?
Can they just point the wands and shouting non stop? What stop them then? Too tired of shouting?

STOP CALLING US MUGGLES YOU ENTITLED FUCKS

WE ARE MAGICALLY CHALLENGED!

STOP BEING A BUNCH OF GABBYGLATOR PISSBABIES

it has to be a magical item to begin with in order for his soul to reside within

A galleon? A magical dildo that he puts up his ass? Good luck to Harry finding it

it should be powerful magic Item and yes Voldy is retard wanting to collect fancy shit.

oh yeah the logic in the book is stupid, it's for kids and late teen anyway since firearms is much more superior than pointing wands
Hary should have armed the Phoenix order America style and no one on their side may die.
Hell, just hire a hitman and he can snipe Voldy without a fucking sweat

Anyone notice how much wizards are absolute cunts?

In the first movie they literally make food come out of fucking nowhere without any fucking effort. Where the fuck were the Irish wizards during the potato famine? Where were the Chinese wizards?

They can also regrow fucking bones and hands. They also solved aging and death. They know there is a afterlife. Yet they don't share any of this with the muggles?

They hate muggles that much that they couldn't even let them know theres life after death? Or take the two seconds it would take to heal their deformed children? Or to save them from starving to death?

What a bunch of sick fucks

Because normal people don't give a shit about backstory or mythology. They just want to see wizards cast spells and shit.

weren't the death eaters winning anyways? I mean let's be real, harry and his motley band of wizards shouldn't have been to defeat Voldemort's protective charm. that alone should be proof of pureblood superiority.

they cant create food, it's in book 7 and making no sense only to prove that Rowling cant create any worthwhile world building. She must have suddenly remember that letting Wizards create food would make them godlike and no reason for them to rule this society but to hide in shadow like a bunch of cuck they are

idk, voldy's kind of a tragic mulatto. He called his father a "filthy muggle". That's like calling your dad a nigger and then killing him

it's modern fantasy for kids and teens. Just like you typical shounen you just need a reaching plot and some archtypes of character. History of the world and lore is minor thing.

reminder that character mistake =/= filmmaker mistake

So you're retarded

>Gets defeated by a baby
He is undeniably the most pathetic villain ever

Why don't wizards try and steal the philosphers stone from Flammel? I know he's strong but the idea of living forever would make people do crazy things.

Plus I'd bet enough people would want immortality to band together and take him on

>Why don't wizards try and steal the philosphers stone from Flammel?

They do, hence the elaborate traps and puzzles required to get to it in the first book.

And Flammel destroyed the last philosopher stone and let himself die. Thereby preventing anyone from getting the knowledge from him.

Wizards are not that interested in immortality since they are aware of the existence of the afterlife. If they want to live forever, they can become ghosts or embed themselves into paintings. But even ghosts and other bound objects eventually must perish and join the afterlife.

Its a difference between Harry Potter and LotR. In LotR you get the feeling that a normal sword wouldnt really work on Gandalf, even though its never really stated why it wouldnt, while in Harry potter youre always wondering why they make such a big fuzz about the death spell when its just a crappy pistol thats slow to fire.

Harry Potter just doesn't have a well-thought out World period.

Virtually nothing in it makes sense. In the early books, Wizards can make birds appear from nowhere. But in the 7th book it is stated that Wizards can't make make food using magic? The fuck.