Blair Witch 2016

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ViOmvnY2JTU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reboot memes

do you see the witch? any pics?

Glimpses, looked like something out of Mama.

So, this confirms that Josh ends up the Witch's lackey in the orignal?

The ending was quite well done. The rest of the film was just glitch noises, false scares and zero creepiness. The finale was nice, though.

Literally everything.

I felt the same way.
The majority of the film is just cheap, tired, scares and little character.
We're supposed to believe that James is really concerned about his sister, and this is the crux of the ending where he might or might not have killed Lisa but most of it is him just fucking around with his friends.

>shit comedy

>random useless jump scares

>blaire witch is a lumber jack seriel killer

>blaire witch straddles a tree with her lumber jack gear and pushes black chick who had pointless Ilness

>followed the plot of the first film to a fucking key- serious force awakens syndrome

>the tunnel scene was overrated as fuck

>pointless Ilness

My friends and I were just waiting for her foot to come off.
Once they mentioned how the Witch had her limbs stretched, we were so sure the same would happen to her.

But nothing.

Just like the original.

I thought this movie was pretty weak, but it was pretty scary at some points, and I think the distorted time thing is interesting. It was so shakey and fast though I couldn't tell what was happening through a lot of it so I'm just going to write some questions I had and maybe people can tell me what was going on.

-what happened to the purple haired chick? Did a tree fall on her or something? it looked like she was arguing and suddenly was broken in half
-what hit the black chicks hand when shes up trying to get the drone loose?
-what did the black chick pull out of her, and did she pull it out of her calf? I thought it would be her foot, but it looked like her calf
-what was the blast of light that came through the windows in the finale when they enter the attic?
-what does the ending mean? Was the witch speaking to the individual characters in other peoples voices to get them to turn around? And what happened with the black chick? The guy told all three of them to get in the corner and then it seemed like she just disappeared.

Also I feel like a better ending would have been if the girl actually managed to escape the house using the camera as a mirror, but then upon escaping they would have THEN showed the split tree outside the house, to show the futility of escape, then just have her camera cut out or something.

a glib facsimile

Just your typical shitty reboot/sequel cash-grab. Constant jump-scares with no build-up, annoying 'error' camera effects everywhere, tries to do everything the original did but 'bigger'. It was incredibly predictable, not the least spooked at any point. Boring acting too. Black guy dies first, you see the witch and it's fucking lame.

The original managed to keep me interested while the characters were spending 10+ minutes shittalking over a map with nothing else happening or jumping out at them. This one tried to throw stuff at you all of the time, and it NEVER worked.

I disagree with the anons thinking the finale had a good payoff. I was all around disappointed. Only me and my two friends+4 other people in the theater..

The only thing I thought was kind of good was the time loop stuff and the one repeating shot of the main guy getting pulled away and saying 'it's ok, you're okay'.

>what happened to the purple haired chick? Did a tree fall on her or something? it looked like she was arguing and suddenly was broken in half
Her hair was used in the Stick Figure the black chick broke in half.
Think Voodoo Magic physics.

>-what hit the black chicks hand when shes up trying to get the drone loose?
Magic?

>-what did the black chick pull out of her, and did she pull it out of her calf? I thought it would be her foot, but it looked like her calf
A parasite. It had hooks, so maybe some sort of flatworm offshoot?
It probably got into her in the river crossing.

>-what was the blast of light that came through the windows in the finale when they enter the attic?
It was Day.
The Witch was making it pass by in an instant.

>-what does the ending mean? Was the witch speaking to the individual characters in other peoples voices to get them to turn around?
My interpretation was that it was luring James by using Heather's voice to make him her new servant.
And so he then killed Lisa.

>And what happened with the black chick? The guy told all three of them to get in the corner and then it seemed like she just disappeared.

The Black Chick was never in the house.

>watch the original movie
>literally the most boring trash I've ever seen
why was it popular again?

>-what happened to the purple haired chick? Did a tree fall on her or something? it looked like she was arguing and suddenly was broken in half
The stick man she grabbed had pieces of her hair in it. The black woman took it off her and snapped it in half, breaking the girl's back. So basically it was a voodoo doll.
>-what hit the black chicks hand when shes up trying to get the drone loose?
The witch's hand grabbed her.
>-what did the black chick pull out of her, and did she pull it out of her calf? I thought it would be her foot, but it looked like her calf
A lot of people are saying it was a centipede but it looked like a fern to me.
>-what was the blast of light that came through the windows in the finale when they enter the attic?
Don't even know. I thought they were being sent back in time but nothing came of it.
>-what does the ending mean? Was the witch speaking to the individual characters in other peoples voices to get them to turn around?
You don't say.
>And what happened with the black chick? The guy told all three of them to get in the corner and then it seemed like she just disappeared.
She was dragged and killed offscreen after she fell out of the tree.

>what happened to the purple haired chick?
The stick doll she picked up had her hair in it, when the black chick broke the doll backwards, the purple haired girl's body did the same - implying it was a voodoo doll.

I thought that was fairly stupid..

The sequel is better.

>Being this much of a pleb.
Not of enough jump scares for you?

Fuck you, you motherfucker. 3 people arguing for most of the film isn't scary. "What you imagine is scarier than what's really there" is just a poor excuse for shit-tier camera work that the directors insisted on. When the spooky stuff happens, you're just staring at a black screen. It's garbage, but the mythology is interesting.

oh oops, I guess I thought one of the shots of lisa was the black chick for some reason. I thought it was weird that she'd just show up hunky dory after falling out of the tree.

Because people legit thought it was real. They made a fake documentary, interviewed supposed witnesses, had missing posters put up of the actors(who's real names were used for the characters) and had them listed as missing, they also created serval websites with more 'information' and had actors dress up as police officers talking about the 'case'. .

>"What you imagine is scarier than what's really there" is just a poor excuse for shit-tier camera work that the directors insisted on.
I hate it when people constantly spout this as if it's some genius piece of psychology. It's often preached by 13 year old boys who have just learned about psychological horror. It blows their mind and they think it's the most genius thing ever so they repeat it over and over on every thread they can find.

Similarly I think it's often used as a crutch for people who aren't creative or talented enough to come up with an interesting / original / creepy villain design. I have way more respect towards a film maker capable of frightening me with an actual villain design than someone who uses psychological horror. Far more effort and talent goes into making a physical entity frightening than psychological horror. When you're able to put something on screen and make me scared of it, that's true talent. Very hard to do and even if they fail I normally appreciate the effort.

Having said that I'm fine with the original movie's approach. Psychological horror is fine but you still have to provide the audience with enough information to stimulate our imagination, otherwise you're a fucking hack. The original movie did just that, IMO. The interviews with the townspeople at the beginning gave us enough information and the subtle shit going on throughout the movie provided enough hints and possibilities about the witch's mythology for us to draw our own interpretations.

So basically like Cannibal Holocaust?
What a ripoff. I guess when you have no talent you just need to imitate people better than you.

I don't find those parts(arguing, walking) scary, but I think it's good impro acting and I like the dogme 95-esque pace it has. Watching the new one really made me appreciate the original for its dialog-heavy scenes and lack of special effects. It created an immersion for me personally.

The new one definitely needed to take it's time.
Every few minutes I thought it would slow down and let the woods and feel take over.

But instead it's a lot of faffing about recapping backstory and making fun of the two locals.

Purple Haired Girl was sooooooo cute

This. Reminded me of a hotter Mary Winstead in Scott Pilgrim.

It was literally the origin of viral marketing and many fell for it

It fucked with the mythos too much with dumb shit like time loops and infinite nights. And the actual design of it being a "found footage" was bad. Why keep your ear cams on if gps is broken? What's with all the digital break up? Why intro a new camera for it to never be used again?
I also took issue with its transitions. The digital break/cut to black up was used way too much to jump to a character or move scenes.

> The digital break/cut to black up was used way too much to jump to a character or move scenes.
This. It also made up 50% of the movie's 'jump-scares' with loud abrupt sounds, which there were a lot of.

Adam Wingard is a legit hack.

You're Next is carried entirely by the DP, and The Guest was like a perfect excercise of an amateur execution of a fun and intersting idea.

he's just a shit director

>random jump scares

When a person would act ninja then jump in frame with a loud noise was fucking dumb.

>student film
>has some bretty nice cameras
>no dedicated sound guy
>LOUDEST DOLBY SURROUND SOUND YOU'VE EVER HEARD

>It was day
no fucking way, it was definitely an alien ship

The only time it was ever justified was when Lisa was looking at herself through the camera she planted in a tree.

The black chick sneaking up behind her is meant to show that the video is being fucked with.
Every other time was trash.

Because it's actually a murder story about how the guys kill the girl. The conflicts in it make no fucking sense.

So did The Blair Witch Project actually exist as a real film within this film's continuity? As in, at the start of TBWP it states that the footage was found in the woods about a year after the people shooting it went missing. Did the characters from Blair Witch see that footage?
Or are we now supposed to assume that the original footage was never found at all? If it was found in 1995 you'd think Heather's relatives would've investigated any leads it provided a long time ago, and also that they wouldn't just recklessly wander into the place it was shot, given what it depicts.

Yeah, it might seem hard to accept that the witch could actually be real, but given Heather and co. actually went missing immediately afterwards, even a skeptic might have to at least consider the possibility. I haven't seen it yet btw I'm just kinda confused.

Totally.
>guy is 3 metres away from camera with back turned
>perfect audio
Also she had the worst direction
>record purple hair chick interview
>go to other side to get her bf's take, only to record more of purple hair chick but from a diff angle

I have no idea either.

That's why I'm wondering why they never mentioned it's clear that Josh was possessed like the local dude in this one.

That's what I mean. It was near pointless like the leg parasite or the lights in the house. Camera seemed useless too like the webcam and drone.

>the lights in the house.

I still say that was "day"

That's why I like the original. It can be viewed in different ways. There's no definitive take on it. This one is just a flat out, it's a witch from [REC]

>pointless Ilness
Fucking this. It seemed like a lot of stuff that happened was just the writers throwing random horror ideas at the wall and just using whatever stuck, even if it had no connection to the Blair Witch or events inspired by the Blair witch

Maybe. But why didn't Lane see lights ever? He said it's been night for 5 days.

>He said it's been night for 5 days.

From the pages of the original Grave Encounters

Lol, that was so stupid. Like there's one time where James is literally running back to camp and screaming, and somehow Lisa doesn't hear him coming, turns around and all the sudden he's in her face and LOUD NOISE

Are you trying to implicate Blair Witch is ripping off Grave Encounters? This time warp stuff is a trope in media, nothing original at all about.

Horror movies are all the fucking same these days. You get some interesting stuff here ans there like Starry Eyes, Der Samurai (not really horror even), The VVitch and It Follows but therest is literally the same movie beat for beat

Horror is the same typically. It's what's inbetween that keeps your attention. Endings are audibly the same.

Off the top of my head it was a found footage horror movie where this was used .

Haven't seen it used much other than films that specifically deal with it as a main theme like Coherence or Triangle which don't use the found footage thing.

Yeah, i mean there are confines of the genres and sub-genres, but this is really getting out of hand, the formulaic nature of jumpscares and horror-cadence literally made it all into the same movie. It's the same movie, Grave Encounters, that Paris catacomb movie, the Blair Witch and all the rest.

It's not really made clear. I'm assuming no, the characters in the sequel have only watched part of a tape some hillbilly found and uploaded to youtube. They've just heard stories about the witch.

Which is a missed opportunity imo.

any pictures of the monster.

Keep asking and it'll get posted again someone posted a pic in the previous BW threads I didn't save it because I saw the movie. So yes you see the witch.

>no, don't you see, it's a FOUND FOOTAGE movie so it can do anything it wants and that makes it original
Do you see how fucking stupid you sound? I wonder what your IQ is.

Cube 2 uses it a lot where characters are walking in on other points of the movie that already happened / are going to happen and sometimes interfere with past / future events that end up with them in an alternate version of the original timeline. Time in certain rooms moves faster than others, etc

Nah, it was more of a cross between the thing in the attic from REC and the monsters at the end of Grave Encounters.

It's just a stupid typical quick shot of a naked 'slenderman'-like woman in the woods.

I actually thought the light was too focussed to be day, I thought it might be the lightening that blew up the tree that was in place of the house at the beginning, because of the witches messing with time and reality maybe the lightening was in like slow motion or something.

Or maybe it was day who the fuck can tell. Whatever it was it's fun to think about.

My idea was that the shaking and focused nature was because it was passing by so fast.

The Earth was being felt or something haha.

>Do you see how fucking stupid you sound? I wonder what your IQ is.

I wonder that too since you had some trouble there with comprehending what my post was about and why i was comparing to Grave Encounters

The characters never saw anything either. Except for one scene where Heather yells "what the fuck is that" apparently at that moment originally we were supposed to see something standing in the trees but they either fucked up filming it or didn't put it in. Other than that however, the characters don't see any more than we do. Which is what makes it terrifying, you know that they don't know any more than you do.

>Endings are audibly the same.

That's why i LOVED the Last Excorcism and found the twist at the end refreshing, while every other pleb and his grandma scratched their heads and went me no likey

>comprehending what my post was about and why i was comparing to Grave Encounters
Should've read my greentext friendo, your belief of adding found footage to a trope makes it original indicates how much of a simpleton you are.

is there a leak yet?

i want to watch it tonight while i'm comfy

or what is the schedule for that?

I was about to be mad at you but your last paragraph redeemed you. I can agree that it's a psychology 101 horror crutch but yes TBWP did it about as right as you possibly could do it.

Me too, actually. When the black dude was checking out her foot, I coulda swore it was just gonna fall off or something.

They have not seen the Blair Witch Project, so I guess within that universe, the footage wasn't found. The main character only believes his sister is perhaps still out in the woods because he's seen some other footage which shows parts of the inside of the house and a woman's face which he thinks is Heather. It's not from the original movie though.

I bet you thought 12 Angry Men was boring too. Transformers and Iron Man seem to be your type of movies.

>your belief of adding found footage to a trope makes it original

Nah i'm saying that this movie was really unoriginal in its decision to resovle the old "how do we keep this in one place" dilemma of "film crew gets in trouble" theme with time warping which took me back to Grave Encounters. Seems like you couldn't see the forest behind the trees here.

I really do think Wingard watched GE and decided to lift that thing, i highly doubt it was an original idea cause he's a fucking hack.

There was reality bending in the original too bucko.

Basically this movie had literally everything from the original but x 2 don't tell me they fucked with the mythos, it's all exactly the same.

No because it had a good plot.

I don't understand why people kept shilling this here and mentioning it's directed by Adam Wingard
He is garbage. Still going to give this a fair chance though.

First HD picture of Witch.

not enough CGI spooky ghosts for you?

fucking pleb

>Still going to give this a fair chance though.
Don't user. I went in with good expectations for some reason. It was shit.

>He is garbage

What did he mean by this?

Heh.

Horror movies stopped being good after the 90's.

>Nah i'm saying that this movie was really unoriginal in its decision to resovle the old "how do we keep this in one place" dilemma of "film crew gets in trouble" theme with time warping which took me back to Grave Encounters.
The first movie had the characters going through a loop too you stupid faggot.

does anyone have the picture of the creature? I cant fucking find it on google anywhere

The main guy did a great job, but the movie itself fell short in every other aspect. It was downright cringe at some moments at how someone could fuck up such a neat concept this bad.

Essentially a mix of these two.

I guess some people think the original is subtle enough with it's 'reality bending' you could see it as the characters simply being lost and confused, not time and space looping in on itself..

THAT'S A BIG WITCH

I don't mind being disappointed by films.
Don't get me even started on that pile of shit.

Space is looping on itself, the characters end up coming back to the same side of the same river.

why is it always humanoids in the dark?

I didn't see it. Everybody knows the thing with the guy in the corner iconic shot, and the rest being some student film and the first succsessful viral marketing bomb. You don't have to actually watch it. It's the literal definition of a meme movie.

I hope they would go somwhere with this one, seeing how Wingard is a hack, but at least has some conceptual thinking, but no, it's the by the numbers screamer found footage movie.

You know what was a cool "there's weird shit happening in the woods" horror movie? The Resolution.

Not that user, but while the first also has time being weird and the characters seemingly being 'transported ' to where they began, it's also mainly dedicated to them getting lost and freaking out about it before things actually start happening.

In this they almost instantly 'get lost' and start walking in a loop.

So your precious Grave Encounters is nothing but a shameless rip off of a 1999 meme movie.

Your opinion of the quality of the movie is irrelevant to me, I'm proving to that faggot Blair Witch 3 did not copy Grave Encounters with the time / space loop shit.

I don't remember any time loops in the original, they ended up back where they began despite heading in one direction all day which suggests some sort of spacial fuckery going on but even then it could've been the witch just using magic to fuck with their perception/overall mental faculties instead.

>So your precious Grave Encounters is nothing but a shameless rip off of a 1999 meme movie.

Sure. It had neat build up though. It's ok. The true kino of found footage is still the second version of the Lake County Incident.

>Meme movie
Wow you're a faggot.

For the record I think Grave Encounters is a solid flick with great atmosphere and tension until the CGI monsters show up at the end. Not on the same level as Blair Witch Project, but enjoyable. But accusing Blair Witch 3 of copying Grave Encounters is asinine when a bunch of movies and even Blair Witch 1 used the trope.

But it is. Divorced from "muh subtlety" and Marshal McLuhan marketing experiments, Blair Witch is a literal meme student film. It's fine that people like it, but don't pretend it's some elevating art thing.

How would you like your Blair Witch senpai?

What is a 'meme' to you?

Holy fuck, 17 years and that's the design they came up with? Someone shop the Gino haircut onto it.

I'm just daying that's where i think where Wingard got this from, outside out of our conversation. Like i think he's that unversed and uninspired guy that wouldn't have picked it up even if it's a established trope.

Second half of You're Next and entirety of The Guest really gives me the vibe that he's an uneducated hick which hampers his own artistic effort.

Forgot to spoiler

This be the blair witch

>"Don't look at her, that's how she kills you!!"
>"Keep looking in the corner!"

Did anyone else laugh? It was so overblown, devoid of any creepiness the scene in the original had.

Blair witch was never good, so a worse sequel 17 year later turned out to be shit. Nothing shocking here

I didn't like The Guest but You're Next was great all throughout.

>completely ripping off darkness falls
Wingard truly is the biggest hack alive.

Is that some kind of smiling dog face?

lol she kinda looks like the stick dolls

Great cinematography, and the twist was fine, but the action itself was all over the place in the end and went into straight up Eli Roth territory at the very end.

>the shady druggie couple with the girl doing everything short of breaking the fourth wall are in cahoots with the hotline miami squad

wow Adam you sure got me there

Still it is the most solid and polished out of all his movies i've seen so far.

Check out The Resolution, now that's a meta-ish horror i can really get behind.

>Check out The Resolution, now that's a meta-ish horror i can really get behind.
>metaish
This better not be a Tucker & Dale vs Evil / Detention / Behind the Mask piece of shit Reddit meta movie.

I think that's the point. In the sequel they mention the original witch was hung from trees and her limbs stretched.

Nah it's played completely straight and is actually good and spooky.

These shots are a bit more flattering I think.

Looks dumb as hell. Limbs stretched, OK. Why just the forearms?

This is why it's better completely unseen.

Because the weights were attached to her wrists and ankles.

It basically copies all of the scenes that were memorable from the originalt, but without understanding why people were affected by those scenes in the first place. Really bad idea to outright show the witch too, it leaves nothing up for the imagination.

Quiet fagboy.
As an extension of this, showing the witch was essentially an obligation at this point. Hiding behind the "what you don't see is scarier" for a second movie is a hack's move.

The whole still turned out to be a hack dime a dozen found footage screamer

And the shin bone is attached to the thigh bone.

I can see you flunked your biology class, lol

So they finally decide that the Blair Witch is 100% real and killing people and a stretched limb creepy person is what they fucking go with?

Does she make spoopy noises?

If the witch was to be seen, it should have been the final shot of the film.

A normal-looking woman would have been more scary than that drider-looking thing.

So am I the inly one who realized that the witch straight up kills the black people but then has rules for the other two characters? I started laughing when I noticed this in the theatre because I could only think of the witch going

>fucking niggers get out of my forest REEEEE

Showing the monster in a horror movie is pointless if that monster design isn't terrifying. It was only for a few seconds anyways, and it was cliche as fuck. Why not just leave it out? This whole movie was a hack's move.

Yes.

Cant remember for certain, think she would make these screeching noises whenever on camera.

I know all you autistic fags always shit on it but I'm quite fond of this toy's depiction.

Not saying the monster design is terrifying, just saying not showing her at all is a bigger hack move than showing something disappointing.

Looks like shit

That's the problem with making sequels where one isn't wanted or needed.

I think a normal-ish looking girl probably would have been more scary. Just walking toward the camera on the ground and gives a ghoulish smile.

Which is still lame, I guess, but if you have to show it, that's what I'd do. Corrupting the normal at the last scene works in some cases.

>I think a normal-ish looking girl probably would have been more scary. Just walking toward the camera on the ground and gives a ghoulish smile.
Giving her a normal humanoid shape is the way to give IMO, but you definitely needed some monstrous qualities, cliché shit but it's cliche because it works, something like slightly elongated arms / fingers, the sunken eyes, rotten decaying flesh, I thing the thing in the attic of REC would've been a genuinely satisfying representation of the witch, but that monster design belongs to REC.

I always pictured the witch to be covered in black soft hair like a horse, that's how the crazy old woman in the original describes her.

Maybe like the wizard in Howl's moving castle, just with horse hair instead of feathers.

No it didn't. That's up to interpretation.
They say the arrived back at the same log crossing but how certain could they be? Hunger and fear could have caused them to jump to that guess.
The first movie was great because it could have been an evil witch with little kids killing people, or the townsfolk doing it, or Parr somehow alive killing them. Or maybe it was the two guys killing Heather. That was the beauty of the first film.
This one cemented the fact that it's supernatural and you're fucked once you enter the forest of infinite nights.

Stop trying to make the movie into something deeper than it is. You sound like an edgy 13 year old boy desperately trying to make himself sound patrician and sophisticated. Like the absolute imbeciles who suggest there was no witch in The VVitch and that the family members went crazy and killed each other.

You're a fucking idiot. Never once been so sure that I'm the smartest person in a thread as I have right now.

That's kind of what I mean. She should appear human until she gets close. Longer limbs, sure, but not freaky long, you know? Eyes that are just a little too big, slightly exaggerated movements.

I don't know, slight ticks to me are scarier than big, flashy prosthetics.

To me a slight distortion is far more creepy than major alterations.

If you were smart you wouldn't be arguing with an obviously contrarian moron.

All this movie did was make me want to go rewatch Curse of the Blair Witch + The Blair Witch Project.

Nothing, except the build up with those fucking annoying jump scares one after another, 3rd act / the last 30 minutes were great and pretty intense and kept me hyped.

Just imagine the dead Cred Forums faggot is the witch and Nightlight is a better Blair Witch sequel.

I dunno, but first thing I said after watching the movie was: the witch looks like the rec attic monster.

Dont they look alike? Elongated limbs and weird gait?

I noticed it. I also thought they wouldnt be cliché and kill the black guy first. They did.

Still not as funny as the super polite ghost in lights out that closed the door behind her in that scene where she tries to take/kill the boyfriend. Literally laughed.

so basically this...

Roars like King Kong and the Rancor double-teaming a bulldozer. Not spoopy at all.

The witch should've looked something like this

youtube.com/watch?v=ViOmvnY2JTU

or not at all.

Wasn't there a quick shot at the end of the movie of someone in rags running into a room? Who was that supposed to be? Can the witch shape shift?

I think that was supposed to be Heather. I guess it's implied the witch 'takes over' the people she catches.

this is the gayest thing ive ever seen

they should have gone with something subtle
like you see the witch from a distance only but you can tell something's wrong
slightly fucked up proportions or only vaguely humanoid in shape or something that looks like it's trying to appear human or something like that
le spoopy skellington monsters are so fucking overdone

Too many jump scares.

POV camera was done in a harsh way and for cheap scares. Not even anything interesting happens during those scenes. They get clobbered or fall off then dragged off.

No actual buildup. No suspense or feeling of dread that sets in once the characters realize they're stuck in an endless nightmare.

Only 4 people in the theater yesterday. Took a long lunch there, at least the recliners were comfy.

They also tunred the witch into a fucking Gorgon near the end.
>DUN LOOK SHE WON KEEL YOU
>Looks anyways

Witch was an emaciated stalky gollum. Later on they turn it into an X-files scenes with oooh so spooky lights through the windows.

It's ridiculous. I don't know. This whole fucking movie barely had any concrete plot to it. They just made things up as they went.

Innawoods there's loud audio of the witch breaking through branches and felling trees.

In the house, barely anything but spooky lights.

I always kind of liked the 'naked woman with a goat skull' witch designs. She could look like that, but with black hair covering her arms and legs.

Whats more shit this movie or the original

The original is good you pleb.

Ahat exactly is the Witch? Just a magical human?

Anywhere I can watch it for free?
Don't feel like shelling out $12 for guaranteed disappointment.

Up for the viewer to decide in the first. It could be a witch, some magic force of the forest, the ghost of the child killer. A bunch of things.

In the sequel it's clearly the 'body' of the witch that was hung from trees and stretched that's shown.

why don't they just fly a b52 over the forest and firebomb the witch?

Because witches ain't real, silly

proof?

Naw, the L4D witches are scary because of their behavior and perceivable threat. Their design is actually really tame.

Gangly white skeletors that are in every shitty horror movie aren't scary because their overused design is just another means to carry a jump scare, especially is garbage like this film.

what was great about the scene in the original is that you have no fucking idea what's going on. why is the guy just staring at the corner? why won't he talk? it's part of the big mystery. but now with this sequel there's no reason he could've have told heather "don't look at her" or anything in these final moments

when i firebombed the forest near my house i didn't get a single witch kill confirmation

check the spam folder on your email

When is this piece of shit gonna be on torrents?

The apparent absence of God is a clear hint.

why did they make the witch an ayyyyyylmao?

Movie was subpar, good flick but no kino. I was laughing through 90% of it, didn't jump once. Pet peeves are as follows

>too many jump scares from people running into each other
>witch genuinely sounded like a trex most of the movie with falling trees to accompany
>nigger bitch kills qt
>everyone constantly splitting up to go innawoods in the dark
>every time it switched cameras hearing that violent screeching, I get it but it was Fucking gay
>witch looked like the jolly green giant

I had fun though except for when the thots behind me were saying "wheres that from" when it showed footage from the first film.

While I don't like the actual demon face, I do like the veiled look alot.

Also tack on what said, the lights from outside while they were on the attic made me think the Blair witch was an ayylmao

it should have been.
every time you make a shit movie that you can't fix you should just add a "it was aliens" twist

i agree, makes more sense than the time travelling bullshit.

It's one of the most unnecessary sequels/reboots ever made.