Why is Ron so hated?

Why is Ron so hated?

Other urls found in this thread:

mirror.co.uk/news/real-life-stories/star-gingers-souls-viral-video-8547251
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

And Ginny too.

Because most people have only seen the movies and his character was ruined in them.

He's even more useless in the movies than he is in the books. I think a more developed and troubled Ron would be better as main character, Harry's only personality trait is being the protagonist.

Ginny is annoying because she was a background character then she fucked a nigger then Harry had a lion inside him that exploded into a cum roar.

He dragged Harry down to his level. Harry could have actually been interested in magic and explored it, and focused more on being a proficient wizard.
But after meeting Ron, he just went to shit. The tragedy is Harry really wanted a friend, and he couldn't have picked a less ambitious and lazy friend to mould around than Ron.

This, so much. He and his deviant twin brothers had totally fucked up the life of Harry.
Not to mention their whore of a sister who was just as dumb as them, if not even more.

Harry should have accepted to be Malefoy's friend in the first book desu

Because he's in one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Because of her. People who watch the movies feel like she should've gotten someone better than him.

>cum roar

This.

Film Hermione has corrupted people's view of the characters, film Hermione a SHIT.

"Okay, okay, I’m going to tell you what Hermione sees in Ron.
A trio is a balancing act, right? They’re equalizers of each other. Harry’s like the action, Hermione’s the brains, Ron’s the heart. Hermione has been assassinated in these movies, and I mean that genuinely—by giving her every single positive character trait that Ron has, they have assassinated her character in the movies. She’s been harmed by being made to be less human, because everything good Ron has, she’s been given.
So, for instance: “If you want to kill Harry, you’re going to have to kill me too”—RON, leg is broken, he’s in pain, gets up and stands in front of Harry and says this. Who gets that line in the movie? Hermione.
“Fear of a name increases the fear of the thing itself.” Hermione doesn’t say Voldemort’s name until well into the books—that’s Dumbledore’s line. When does Hermione say it in the movies? Beginning of Movie 2.
When the Devil’s Snare is curling itself around everybody, Hermione panics, and Ron is the one who keeps his head and says “Are you a witch or not?” In the movie, everybody else panics and Hermione keeps her head and does the biggest, brightest flare of sunlight spell there ever was.
So, Hermione—all her flaws were shaved away in the films. And that sounds like you’re making a kick-ass, amazing character, and what you’re doing is dehumanizing her. And it pisses me off. It really does.
In the books, they balance each other out, because where Hermione gets frazzled and maybe her rationality overtakes some of her instinct, Ron has that to back it up; Ron has a kind of emotional grounding that can keep Hermione’s hyper-rationalness in check."

he's worthless in the movies and the books, he's just...there

"Sometimes Hermione’s super-logical nature grates Harry and bothers him, and isn’t the thing he needs even if it’s the right thing, like when she says “You have a saving people thing.” That is the thing that Harry needed to hear, she’s a hundred percent right, but the way she does it is wrong. That’s the classic “she’s super logical, she’s super brilliant, but she doesn’t know how to handle people emotionally,” at least Harry.
So in the books they are this balanced group, and in the movies, in the movies—hell, not even Harry is good enough for Hermione in the movies. No one’s good enough for Hermione in the movies—God isn’t good enough for Hermione in the movies! Hermione is everybody’s everything in the movies.
Harry’s idea to jump on the dragon in the books, who gets it in the movies? Hermione, who hates to fly. Hermione, who overcomes her withering fear of flying to take over Harry’s big idea to get out of the—like, why does Hermione get all these moments?
Here’s a classic example: When Snape in the first book yells at Hermione for being an insufferable know-it-all, do you want to know what Ron says in the book? “Well, you’re asking the questions, and she has to answer. Why ask if you don’t want to be told?” What does he say in the movie? “He’s got a point, you know.” Ron? Would never do that. Would NEVER do that, even before he liked Hermione. Ron would never do that."

lack of personality for ron, his existence in the book is tied to his relationship with other people. beside him being tall and stupid, he has no other discernible qualities.

people hate ginny because it is JK's self insert into the story, subverting the natural progression of the plot("the story write itself") in order to fulfill her teenage fantasy of being the arm candy of the most popular kid

Because hes a ginger, everyone knows gingers smell of piss, are made from precum, and have no souls.

hermione is the self-insert dipshit

Every single time. And I love it. May just be the best pasta ever made desu senpai.

because ron gets the girl, btfo-ing everyone who self-inserted as Harry

It still amazes me how much they were all either perfectly casted based on their personality or they allowed their characters personalities to affect their own.

>Radcliffe, who played the boy just thrown into whatever never wanting the spotlight, now just kind of does whatever and stays out of the spotlight.

>Grint, who plays the goofy but good hearted boy always in the shadow of Harry and Hermione, now loves in the shadow of Radcliffe and Watson and does bro as fucking shit like drive around an ice cream truck giving away free icecream.

>Watson, who played the insufferable know-it-all better-than-you girl who has to oeive herself becayse she was called "mudblood", is now an insufferable better-than-you girl who has to prove herself because she was called "bossy".

this

people fail to realize horny highschool/college girls pretty much make up the vast majority of HP fans, Hermione then serves as their self-insert.

These chicks would have been happier if the series ended up with Hermy with Harry or even Malfoy since they're all obsessed with him.

>mfw the "ginger kids have souls" kid actually got a sex change operation

mirror.co.uk/news/real-life-stories/star-gingers-souls-viral-video-8547251

>dramione is the most popular hetero pairing in the HP fandom

It also got more fuel to it after Watson revealed she had crush on Tom Felton.

The same reason the Malfoy is loved by the "fans." Hypergamy.

Retard. Coppercab is a class A troll and has been doing this ironic SJW shtick for awhile now.

I don't get how Malfoy became so popular anyhow. I mean, I grew up with the books, even I was never as deeply into it as some. But he was a slimey little coward who relied on his big friends and his fathers money/status to carry him. He is literally the worst aspects of a school bully. He is barely even a character. His redeeming moment is not being an utter prick for a moment.

Got and lotr are shit tier?

He is the classical "bad boy" that girls can fix because he is good inside, it's just his evil mean mommy and daddy that made him bad.

>Harry had a lion inside him that exploded into a cum roar.

Explain this.

>being this new

maybe not LOTR(I personally think it is and Hobbitmen is much better) but everyone agrees that ASOIAF is garbage.

I think it came from the movies. Especially in 3rd one. A lot of girls thought he looked hot and of course shipping the good, Muggle born virgin girl with the bad boy Pureblood purist made them excited. They thought of it as the Romeo and Juliet of the HP world.

looks like someone didn't read the books

I would the one on the right

I did, but in Finnish.

you got me man, what am i? an open book to you?

It was actually a snake

>And it pisses me off. It really does.
Calm down, Holden.

Well said user. Top quality post.

>woulding the slutty one who dated blacks and muslims

As you wish, I get the pure one in the middle then.

The great debate.

Because the movies fucked him up in favor of Hermione. They gave her all his good qualities, lines and actions, so he became useless. He's also mostly just an average guy surrounded by bigger than life figures and edgy fucks.

He isn't attractive.

Underated post.

There's no debate, Ravenclaw is the only good house.

>gryffindor: knobheaded chads
>slytherin: edgy faggots
>hufflepuff: useless idiots
>ravenclaw: smart beautiful people.

garbage
garbage
garbage
garbage

That is a pasta that is old as fuck. Always gets posted in HP threads.

How about this for debate: What reason, other than "because the plot required it", was there for Hermione to be in Gryffindor instead of Ravenclaw?

good post friend

Is it true though? is my taste shit? i just bought the got books so now i feel extra guilty.

what the frick

But even in the films he isn't really a bad boy. That would require a spine and some measure of charisma. I guess it was purely the looks thing.

hufflepuff masterrace

Terrible fucking post. This is a film board not a cry babby /lit/ reject board.

Ravenclaws are creative, artistic, open minded and they truly love knowledge.

Hermione is an obnoxious SJW attention whore that only consumes knowledge because she wants to be better than everybody, she is close minded even though she was just introduced to a society where people can literally cheat death and unicorns exist. She isn't fit for Ravenclaw.

Because she wasn't actually so smart, just got good grades because she did progressively more and more erotic things with a genie and sometimes professor Snape.

Who?
Evil
Who?
Good

i would let middle and right crucio my dick for 100 years

Because Rowling is a terrible and lazy writer.

that's a funny meme, friend
I'll save it ;-)

>Harry, always call Lord Voldemort by his name. Fear of a name only increases fear of the thing itself. Btw, Lord Voldemort isn't even his real name, it's the name he chose in order to inspire fear in the masses. I'm not going to tell you his real, non-scary name, because the sequel requires you to think that his teenage version is your friend. If you'll know his name, Hagrid won't have to go to Azkaban and get his soul munched on by demons. I am not a very good friend.

What did he "mean" by that?

What went wrong?

Other than the fact that it was poor writing, one could argue that she chose it mentally just as Harry chose not to go to Slytherin. It is possible that she was "smart" enough to want to be the big fish in a small pond, rather than trying thank swim around with the other big fish in Ravenclaw. She wanted thanks be the best, rather than just fitting in as average. Slytherin was obviously off the table because she is mudblood, and Hufflepuff she say as too far beneath her. That left Gryfindoor.

who the fuck is that on the right

also why does all the malfoys have white hair

It should've been Hermione.

Well thought-out post, reminded me why I used to love the series.

Why would Malfoy marry a disgusting fucking mudblood you dumb hambeast go back to livejournal

British genes, teaboo

>livejournal

more like deadjournal, amirite?

wtf I hate ron now

CUZ HE FUGGED MAI WAIFU

More like BTFOing everyone who self-inserted as Hermione.

Anyone who has read the books knows that Hermione is an insufferable average looking wench who gets on Harry's nerves all the time.

Ravenclaw > Slytherin > Gryffindor > Hufflepuff

She didn't read books because she genuinly valued knowledge and wisdom, but because she wanted to be a good girl

More like Hufflepaint am I right?

You think gilderoy got his wand polished by any of the students?

I laughed. I really did.

One can accomplish a lot with the right reputation and an obliviate spell

He's a wet blanket. Constantly complaining, cutting everything and everyone down, responds to anything interesting with skepticism and close-mindedness like a resentful simpleton, always has a cowardly, miserable expression on his face, he's stupid, ungifted, etc etc...

He's like an extreme caricature of a miserable English person who feels compelled to shit on everything.

or this puts it well too: He's the kind of dead weight that anyone with any potential at all has to drop eventually. Like a toxic friend you knew when you were young who never wants to let you grow or do anything new or adventurous or bold.

Hermione steal all his good lines so in the movie he is fucking shit

Because the movies fucked his character by giving all his best lines to Hermione so she could be the Mary Sue feminist icon the screenwriters wanted.

And then this happened. They built her up so much (and everyone else so little) that fans felt certain she was the only girl for Harry, and Harry was the only boy for her.

So many people in here have only watched the shit movies. Ron was the heart of the trio, Hermione was the brains, Harry was the moral compass.

The wand signifies something.

This. Ron was always the comic relief of the trio, but the movies painted him as a bit of an oaf. Until he became a bit of a jerk, because when they ported over his frustrations with Harry's fame, they didn't port over anything about how he was actually a talented wizard in his own right.

Basically, the movies turned him into what he feared most: Known only for his famous friend.

His looking at you

>what he feared most
Well, okay, that's not true. He's afraid of spiders.

>ugly
>whiny
>redhair
>cuck heromine from harry

>I think it came from the movies. Especially in 3rd one. A lot of girls thought he looked hot

Dude what? He looked like an inbred freak.

>Hermione
>virgin

See am I the only one who knows about this or what?

He wasn't always that bad, but he got worse and worse in the last two books. I think JKR got influenced by Ron's movie version.

>implying Viktor Krum didn't pass her around to his team

Ravenclaws are lonely autists.

Slytherin aren't edgy faggots, they're racist preps. Get it right.

Reminder that Malfoy JUSTed himself yet still bagged the hottest adult wife.

huh never thought of it like that
But we were never going to get a magic focused adventure because thats hard to write and kids would get bored
>we will never get HP Dune

I think I've seen this pasta before

Because the original concept of one of each main characters being from a different house was apparently scrapped.

TROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL IN THE DUNGEON holding two girls hostage

Hufflepuff is honestly slept on.

Everyone thinks they are mediocre idiots, but they put out just as many great wizards as the rest. Dumbledore (aka the most powerful wizard we see in the series) is heavily implied to have been a Hufflepuff.

It has the most cozy common room by far and has easy access to the kitchen and other main thoroughfares of the school.

>Dumbledore (aka the most powerful wizard we see in the series) is heavily implied to have been a Hufflepuff.
Are you having a laugh.

Dumbledore was literally a Gryfindore

Also, the author (J.K. Rowling) has gone on record that the Hufflepuff house isn't just a batch of lazy fools.

Ron is poor, most fanfiction writers are women, women hate poor men. Malfoy is loved for the opposite reason.

Oh god, unexpected kek

An actual discussion? On my Cred Forums???

KEKKKKKK

Jk I agree

>Jk I agree

Are you JK Rowlintg??