Noir Kino

I'm very interested in the genre, but I'm not really sure where exactly to start. My only actual condition is for the Femme Fatale to play a major role in the film.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X6UrlgpATKU
youtube.com/watch?v=gK7e36DXe0w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

BvS

Is that Lea Seydoux?

Brick

watch van trier's element of crime

Double Indemnity
The Postman Always Rings Twice
Out of the Past
The Big Sleep
Basic Instinct

yes

Thanks! I've reed the Big Sleep(novel) does the film differ much from the book? Not that I mind, just interested.

>van trier's element of crime
I can't say I've heard of it, but it seems interesting. Thanks!

The Maltese Falcon

I've never read the novel, but can guarantee you that it's different from the film. Movies had to follow the production code in those days, so I'm sure there is salacious material in the book that isn't in the film

Interesting, I'm already searching for a torrent site. I'm glad there are other fans of the genre ^^

I distinctly remember seeing at least parts of it when I was younger, thanks for reminding me!

I enjoy her body of work

>Robert E McGinnis
love that guy

With good resason ^^ I have an entire noir-themed older.

L.A. Confidential

The Kevin Spacey movie?

Well fucking watch Brian dengo Palma's Femme Fatale then OP

yes

I'll fucking watch it, then.

GOAT incoming

I cannot believe Chinatown has not been mentioned yet.

The Stranger is really good,, and it stars Orson Wells.

You might also want to watch Citizen Kane. It is not Noir, but a lot of the lighting and camera angles were first used in it.

Is it one of the best?
Thanks for the recs! Orson's a very talented guy, from what I've been hearing. This entire thread has been great - always to the point with no shitposting.

Chinatown is such an obvious choice though, everyone knows that movie. Also I don't recall much in the way of femme fatales

>is it one of the best?
It's perfection, the greatest noir of them all

youtube.com/watch?v=X6UrlgpATKU

wew

Obvious choices are welcome, I'm that out of the loop. :D So, if you have any obvious choices, feel free to share them^^
I'll make sure to start with it, then!

goat "Femme Fatale fucks it up for everyone" noir coming through.

Liz Scott is sexy as fuck, check out her other films too.

Murder, my Sweet

Neo-Noir my boy

youtube.com/watch?v=gK7e36DXe0w

here you go

Seems interesting. It's going to be interesting seeing a film focused on her. Poor guy, though :D

>Fucks it up for everyone
I'm dying to see how. Thanks!
Danke
Can't believe I missed out on seeing in at the cinema. Danke!
That's a lotta movies! I'm going to take my sweet time in watching them :D

Are there any noir horror movies? I feel like the noir style really lends itself to interesting horror movies.

I can only think of two, and they are both neo-noir. Angel Heart and The Ninth Gate, they aren't necessarily horror, but they're as close as you can probably get

Straight up horror? Doubtfully. A psychological, surrealistic thriller on the other hand...

The Wailing has some elements of noir I suppose

Out of the Past.

Avoid any color or neo until you'reach 5 movies deep.

>Out of the Past.
Why is that? I planned on starting with neo and making my way towards the classics.I'm curious.

It's just that good, probably the ultimate noir

Now you've got me excited. Thanks, man!

Neo by nature is a modern play on old style, so I think seeing and knowing the old style will inform viewing of Neo. Plus it's called Noir due to the shadows in monochrome.

Double Indemnity
Touch of Evil
Out of the Past

Perhaps you're right. I'm not that well-aquinted with the genre to start with newer ones. Thank you for your thoughtful reply!