youtube.com/watch?v=ri4PcmWOS0Q
youtube.com/watch?v=hac2rX_VMuY
youtube.com/watch?v=dK_OKGELcn0
youtube.com/watch?v=2HR4Junqmzg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

correct

The animation is 10/10

Hebrew propaganda

Even as a devout atheist I love this movie.

ONCE I CALLED YOU BROTHER

>tfw actually loving a religious movie
>tfw actually loving a musical
It has no right to be this beautiful, but it so very much is.

Is this the only instance in kinomatheque where god is actually kind?

once jews have power, they forget about their brothers

t. Josephus

You don't have to believe in something to enjoy a story about it. I view religious movies in the same way as I regard any historical fantasy movie.

Based Val Kilmer

I AM WHO I AM

LET MY PEOPLE GO

It sits up there with the best animation films ever. But it's so regularly overlooked. A beautiful, moving film. DreamWorks' peak.

best bible kino that ever was and will be

It's "ALL I EVER WAAANTEEEED!"

Post the grid

Even as a devout anti-Semite, I love this movie.

same here

What about Ben-Hur and The Ten Commandments?

THUS SAITH THE LORD

I WILL NOT

LET

YOUR MY

PEOPLE

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

DELIVER US

Anyone else bothered by the fact that they portrayed the egyptian gods as being all smoke and mirrors while the hebrew god is the "real" god with real powers?

Maybe Egyptian gods abadon their people for the crimes they did

especially since at the time the hebrew god was literally the egyptian Ra.

THERE CAN BE MIRACLES

WHEN YOU BELIEEEEEEEEEVE

Nah, I'm not really anti-Semitic.

How can I dislike a people who produce kino like this?

(((kino)))

they didn't have a stunning soundtrack, visuals and a brotherly relationship that brings me to tears

PLAYING WITH THE BIG BOYS NOW

true hebrew kino incoming
youtube.com/watch?v=S6DmbbmzGQU

"The acquisition of estate is hand-and-hand with the acquisition of quandaries."

t. Christopher George Wallace

YOU'RE PLAYING WITH THE BIG GUYS NOW

Best fucking song out of any Disney/Pixar movie

Reminder that there is no Egyptian record of there being a large number of Jewish/Israelite slaves who left. The Egyptians were meticulous record keepers.

Reminder that the Egyptian pyramids were built by paid, skilled workers who were buried next to the pyramid, a place of honor.

A story from the bible is not true?! Quelle surprise!

youtu.be/Rp5VsqVOu5s

HOLY SHIT

Says (((who)))?

>Reminder that the Egyptian pyramids were built by paid, skilled workers who were buried next to the pyramid, a place of honor.

Bible says nothing about pyramids though.

Yeah I was disappointed there wasnt a big DBZ fight between all the gods that yhwh wins with his sharingan after Moses makes everyone believe in the power of friendship

Animation kino

What is the best song and why is it Deliver Us?

Agreed

That's not how you spell Playing With The Big Boys Now

Is there any other cartoon that tries to humanize its antagonist?

How do you feel about that "God Is Not Dead" propaganda shit, though?

Maybe that's the distinction to be made, though. Like you said, Prince of Egypt is like a well-done historical fantasy, rather than the casual self-indulgent tripe.

when all you've got is nothing, there's a lot to go around

Let me get this straight, does anyone here not like Prince of Egypt?

It says there was a large jewish ghetto in egypt and that the jews were a massive slave race that did slave labor for the egyptians.

None of that is even remotely true. There were never any jews in egypt, judaism did not even exist at the time. It's just another lie the jews tell themselves to perpetrate their victim complex and to allign themselves with other minorities.

>look blacks, we wuz slaves n shieet too!
The real life event that actually caused their butthurt was the siege of jerusalem, which was utterly their own fault and they would have never been banished and sold into slavery if they just surrendered.

Pleb
youtube.com/watch?v=ri4PcmWOS0Q

Hercules has the best songs

>Moses and God both voiced by Val Kilmer

I SEND THE SWARMS I SEND MY SCOURGE THUS SAAAY THE LOOOORD

graceful rooms of alabaster stone
all I ever waaaaaaanted

Weakest track on the joint tbqth

The Plagues > Deliver Us > All I Ever Wanted > Through Heaven's Eyes > Playing with the Big Boys Now > When You Believe

No song is weak though, it's just the lowest of the strongest

Agreed.

I'm surprised people are rating Big Boys higher, but then again it is Cred Forums. Bane version when?

It actually is. I miss old Dreamworks.

LET MY PEOPLE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Big Boys is by far the best song.

>as a devout atheist

As weird as it sounds, I think Prince of Egypt was actually less religious than God's Not Dead, even though it was an adaptation of a story from the Bible. It can easily be watched and enjoyed purely as a fantasy story.

This movie had one of the best foreign dubs I've ever heard. My dad had the latino spanish one, and the songs were absolutely brilliant, even better than some of the English ones imo.

"Liberanos" (Deliver Us) is still my favorite song from a movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=hac2rX_VMuY

It's a powerful movie to watch with kids. Explaining the Azrael scene is always absolutely fascinating. Some kids are terrified by it and some kids, I shit you not, are actually really comforted by it. I'm so glad they didn't shirk on it and just did something like only show Ramses' kid being dead, that they showed him going into the town to every house and then had the low wailing in the background as Ramses brings his son out is really, really bold. You don't get that fearlessness in an honest portrayal in Hollywood these days.

I love that uncertain lead out, "All I ever wanted..."

>in an honest portrayal

an honest portrayal of a fictional story?

This movie got everything wrong about exodus. There's so many liberties taken to chance the source material, what the fuck are you even saying?

I think he means that animated movies these days don't really get that dark. The closest thing I can think of recently was this:

youtube.com/watch?v=dK_OKGELcn0

And even then it's just implied mass murder, you don't actually see the bodies.

As I stated, that they had to portray one of the most questionable, dark moments in a supposed loving god's existence and didn't fucking dance with it or downplay it, they showed it in an honestly brutal yet tasteful way

I'm sorry they didn't include ten hours of walking or something, calm yer tits

I remember being 8 and begging my parents to see this in theatres they were really skeptical but we eventually went and its one of my favorite movie theatre memories. I still remember that feel when moses parted the sea and they saw the whale. Also I remember the goofy Martin short and steve martin song mostky because moses turning his staff into a snek was always my favorite part of the olde cecile b demile flick

Is the live action one out yet?

>I'm sorry they didn't include ten hours of walking or something, calm yer tits

everything about the story is different from the actual exodus story. The original live action movie is actually closer to the original story than the prince of egypt is.

Maybe phrase your praise a little better next time.

Why is old testament God such a dick? Killing all those people and animals for something they know nothing of.

Did anyone else feel sad for Pharaoh when his son died?

Is it the most kino animated film of all time?

It was a different time.

I don't see what's so dark about that.

Yeah, I remember the scene being really dark with some light mostly on Ramses and it looks pretty good (if anyone has a screenshot please post). Also based Ralph Fiennes is great as Ramses.

Old Testament was a very, very different time with a very, very different worldview. Christianity was relatively revolutionary when it started popping up.

No, but this is
youtube.com/watch?v=2HR4Junqmzg

All his friends were lured into the same trap he was and murdered, one by one. It's a little dark.

:(

Sure, but it's a lot more subtle than wailing parents and dead babies.
I think Clayton's death or the death of the wife in Up are better examples in recent animation.
Incredibles is fucking great though, really need to watch it again.

Christianity was created to destroy Rome. Christianity preaches for people to "give no thought for tomorrow" and "if your enemy slaps you, let him slap your other cheek also". It's a suicidal ideology of pacifism and generally not planning for anything. Christianity only works when people are basically good but when morality falls apart so does Christianity.

The relationship between Ramses and Moses is really well done in the movie. Ralph Fiennes and Val Kilmer are fuckin excellent