Can we have a non-meme thread about actually funny women?

Can we have a non-meme thread about actually funny women?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J-4WQnI5oJI
youtube.com/watch?v=s__wjYoNQ10
youtu.be/eA1UHiAl8Bg
youtube.com/watch?v=JxGk81TJwvw
youtube.com/watch?v=c5edmA3ABSE
youtube.com/watch?v=0OHQJXy3Dzc
youtube.com/watch?v=lNU5KVa_Tu8
youtube.com/watch?v=bqqThuH_qGI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

/thread

She was a racemixer

Tina Fey
Dawn French
Jennifer Saunders
Amy Poehler
Sandi Toksvig

And you are inbred whose in the wrong here motherfucker

i think i want to date a female comedian and then cheat on her a lot so she puts me in her act and just trashes me.

Okay, you start !

Carrol Burnett was funny, talented and genuinely qt as fuck when she was in her prime

Lucille Ball sucked. She was just a dumb fashion model.

Desi Arnaz had all the real talent, carried Lucy, and that's why Lucille Ball was never funny on any of her other shows after the divorce.

I like Carrie brownstein

Oh god, she was great. Wish she still performed.

youtube.com/watch?v=J-4WQnI5oJI

That show triggers the fuck out of me because that was my mom 100%

she stole the tv?

She and Sessler had GOAT chemistry on X-Play

>that twilight zone episode she was in

cute as fuck t b h

her face is a trainwreck

Splitting hairs, but Ball wasn't funny, she just ACTED funny. According to several people she would spend hours in front of a mirror practicing, and she would have to ask people constantly if what she was doing was funny because she honestly had no idea if it was. She could never be funny spontaneously and in interviews she comes off very dull and dry.

You have to give her tons of credit for her acting and entertaining ability because she comes off like a natural. Plus she was a media mogul and owned her own studio, which produced tons of other shows.

Bitch got shit done.

>Desi was talented.
lol, no.
>thats why blah blah blah never funny blah blah blah after divorce.
yeah right.. and his bongo playing career really took off.

Emma Thompson

Fucking " Free spirit " prostitute drug addict trying to start over but fucking up completely over and over again.

My sweet 16 was getting a phonecall from her drugdealer that she was ODing and I had to drive over there and take her to a hospital

>sweet 16

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

Tina Fey
Sarah Silverman
Garfunkel and Oats
Birdcloud

these bitches

also, best sitcom of all time

A lot of Jennifier Anniston's delivery in pre season 5 Friends was very numerous, but after S5 the writing just isn't there to let her be funny, and she starts acting a lot less feminine for some reason (can anyone explain this? She sounds very manish later on, and still does so today. She always seems a little moody).

>she had to ask all her handlers if she was funny

Right, because she didn't know what was funny. And after Arnaz, she wasn't.

As for Desilu and production abilities, again that was Arnaz.

youtube.com/watch?v=s__wjYoNQ10

*humorous
not numerous

Go listen to her riffing Abbott & Costello. Pur genius.

Comfy show

National fucking treasure Shari Lewis:
youtu.be/eA1UHiAl8Bg

I love watching reruns of Carol Burnett and Friends. I feel like I'll never run out of episodes.
Totally forgot about this.

This is the song that doesn't end...

Funnier than men desu.

youtube.com/watch?v=JxGk81TJwvw

Christina Ricci was a thing once. Greatest actress I've ever seen until see cut her face up.

ah, i loved that episode.

Just saw her on Johnny Carson again, she was way funnier than I remember.
Love her.
youtube.com/watch?v=c5edmA3ABSE

I've been hooked on old Carson shows on youtube lately. Johnny really was the greatest

Even outside of Garfunkel and Oats, Kate Micucci has some legit funny stuff, while also still being super cute. "E.P. Phone Home" and "Songs - EP" are my go-to for happy chuckles.

Not to mention her roles in Scrubs and Don't Think Twice, and the Garfunkel and Oats TV show.

I'm finally getting around to watching Arrested Development, and her and Michael's episodes are gold

It just goes on and on my friends...

Oh, also saw this gal on Carson. Also very funny. Didn't pull any punches.

>funny

>Christina Ricci

We can't count amazing character actors now?

I honestly haven't watched her new show at all, cause I don't have cable right now, but some of her Daily show bits were fucking gold

It's the difference between being a comedian and being a comedic actress. I think both quallify you as "funny"

Applegate is a good comedic actress.

GOAT comedic actress of all time: pic related

Because I'd argue Michael Keaton is one of the funniest men on this planet.

Jeff Goldbum too.

Not memeing. Her twitter is gold, she just needs to tone down the "girl eating unhealthy = quirky and funny" shit

She absolutely perfect in What's Up Doc.

sounds like something off a popsicle stick

her, Stephen Colbert and Rob Corrdry were always the best members of the original Daily Show cast.

the new correspondants are so fucking unfunny it's painful

but what movie was she fuynny in? adams family? thats about it. shes not known for comedy.

she used to be so beautiful though. hate the vegan diet.

There hasn't been a comedic actress like her since she died.

Yes

Bucky Larson
Penelope
Pumpkin
200 Cigarettes
Pecker
Fear & Loathing in Los Vegas
Buffalo 66
The Ice Storm
That Darn Cat
Mermaids

shame about the roastie

those are hardly comedies. and ice storm? mermaids? those are dramas, lol.

Maybe Pecker, but she wasn't the funny one in the movie. I was pissed she was hardly in it. I only saw it for her. even dragged my friend to the theater with me.

youtube.com/watch?v=0OHQJXy3Dzc

She could do It all & made comedy look easy is what my point is.

I would add Jason Jones to that list, cause I'm a sucker for his very stupid brand of comedy, and willingness to publicly be the fool.

Hasan Minaj actually kills it sometimes. Klepper is on and off.

But yeah, the rest fall pretty flat. Unlike Colbert, Cordry, Jones, Bee, and most of the old correspondents, I feel like the new team doesn't like to "be stupid". Every segment seems to be focused more and more on being "more right" or "more clever" than the audience. It makes them come off as full of themselves. I think Hasan has a pretty good sense of humor about making fun of himself, and Jordan used to be pretty good at playing the idiot, but he does it less and less now. The rest of the staff seems to always want to espouse the "clever and correct" position.

I have a .gif of that shot saved as a reaction pic.

You can have it.

meh. she's not that great of an actress to me. she's good at taking direction and saying her lines but not anything that is believable imo.

adams family movies are her only real comedies. and thats an ensemble cast. not like where those actors are the main source of comedy in their movies.

I'd love to see Christina in a real comedy where she's the focus.

>no Victoria Wood

Still never seen a funnier musical comedian than her of any gender tbqh.

youtube.com/watch?v=lNU5KVa_Tu8

Came here to post this. Legit fucking funny.

Smack The Pony was wonderful, some of the cast of which turn up in Green Wing, another show with exceptionally funny women.

I also love Julia Davis who you might not know by name but you'd recognize her if you've seen any of Chris Morris's seminal work. She had her own brilliant but short lived sitcom called Nighty Night.

Also I loved Pam Brady's/Mitch Hurwitz's netflix show Lady Dynamite starring Maria Bamford. More laughs per scene than any other sitcom in recent memory.

Good call. The original (and still the best) "edgy" woman comedian. She did it right, genuinely laughing at herself and inviting her audience to do the same. She's weird as well, like a loud female Norm MacDonald.

youtube.com/watch?v=bqqThuH_qGI

There's a bit of "MUH VAG" shit but at least she started it.

Seconded.

Most of these broads aren't even funny

What are you gonna do about it?

It's weird when you say [actress known for one show] was a funny person because they have a team of writers. I'm not saying it isn't true, I really enjoyed some classic Lucy, but it would be like if I answered your OP question by suggestion "Pam from Archer"

That's a funny female character but obviously the VA has nothing to do with the content of the jokes

Oh

a wed wose

How womantic

Not just anybody can read a line and be funny. There's delivery and facial expressions that require real talent. Sure all her jokes were written, but none of the writers could deliver the lines and have them be as funny as she could.

Mae West.

based

THIS!

Marcy wins though.