Was this movie any good?

Was this movie any good?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/xlcen7_nik-the-greek-allegro-non-troppo-valse-triste-animation_creation
youtube.com/watch?v=_kGOAWnvyWA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

pretty great videoclip
meh movie

Watch it and find out. If you like Floyd then you'll like the film.

It does not stand on it's oen as a movie, but if you like the music you might like it.

In my opinion it was, and still is.

Yeah and it kills me it'll never get a remaster because of rights issues.

what rights?
Pink Floyd holds the rights to all the music

The movie was purely just Gerald Scarfe animated sequences with the music, it would be GOAT.

The music yeah but the movie is caught between like three different companies.

If u like Roger's whiny faggotry yes.

Everything outside the animated sequences are shit, I wish the whole thing was an extended, surreal music video. Something like Fantasia or Allegro non Tropo

>roger's whiny faggotry
how about you take that back immediately you fucking normie shit

>muh daddy issues
>muh fascism

>you fucking normie shit

lmao Pink Floyd is sucked off by millions of 15 year old boys you idiot.

only a normie would call The Wall or any other Waters album "whiny shit"
by the way, you're wrong.
that happened 15~10 years ago.

GOOD MORNING WORM YOUR HONOR

>only a normie would call The Wall or any other Waters album "whiny shit"

Oh my god dude you're so hecking delusional it's not even funny!

>!
completely disregarded

not really a movie, more a videoclip

You're only "disregarding" my post cause you got REKT! REKT SO HARD YOU'RE CRYIN LIKE A LIL BABY! WAAAAAAAH WAAAAAAH IM A BIG OL POOPYFACE BABY MAN WAAAAAAH WAAAAAAH I NEED DADDY TO LICK MY DOODOO OFF MY BUTT CAUSE I'M A BABY WAAAAAAAAAAH WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Cool visuals for a shite album
Rodger Waters is a talentless hack

The Trial sequence is 10/10, rest of the movie is passable as a cheesy music video

Best track.

>Allegro non Tropo
that cat sequence dailymotion.com/video/xlcen7_nik-the-greek-allegro-non-troppo-valse-triste-animation_creation

It's good. Dare you to name one rock and roll musical that is better.

then explain how Roger Waters went on to make 3 GOAT albums and Pink Floyd made 2 mediocre ones that have like 2 good tracks on each of them?

Quadrophenia

The Thin Ice part is incredibly moving. One of the best parts of the movie. The Wall has some incredibly high points.

SO YA
THOUGHT YA
MIGHT LIKE TO
GO TO THE SHOW

I AM JUST A NEW BOY

hell yeah, user, good call. my fave is the goodbye blue sky bomber/bird animation.

Jenny Wright.....she was qt 3.14 in this movie and you saw her nice tits as well!!!

WHOS GONNA SHOW THIS STRANGER AROUND?

too bad she went to shit after
and bob geldof went full JUST

What if i like early Floyd/Syd Barrett?

then you have certified shit taste

I've never seen a movie be so depressing and horrifying at the same time

Upon my first viewing I did feel like I should be drinking whiskey with it instead of just being stoned.

>Syd "The God" Barrett
>Not The God-Tier God of Gods Who Changed God Forever
Certified retard, eat shit and die!

>i'm a david gilmour kind of guy!

literally the worst kind of person

Just blaze it and watch the fucking movie, faggot.

>le Pink Floyd is the best band of all times maymay

It's been spammed for over 30 years can we just stop it already?

It's more of a feature length music video than a movie.

It's great, though.

So I take it you never saw Young Guns II...

If you like Pink Floyd and are okay with watching a bunch of high quality music videos you'll probably love it.

ARE THERE ANY QUEERS IN THE THEATRE TONIGHT?

Trips make it true

Word of advice: Don't EVER watch this in front of your 6 year old kids....it really fucks them up!!! But to be honest, I've grown out of that and love the movie for its artistic value! Gerald Scarfe is fucking BRILLIANT!!!

There must be a pretty amazing reason why, right user?

This

Waiting to cut out the deadwood.
Waiting to clean up the city.
Waiting to follow the worms.
Waiting to put on a black shirt.
Waiting to weed out the weaklings.
Waiting to smash in their windows
And kick in their doors.
Waiting for the final solution
To strengthen the strain.
Waiting to follow the worms.
Waiting to turn on the showers
And fire the ovens.
Waiting for the queens and the coons
and the reds and the jews.

>friend lends me The Wall
>postpone watching it for almost two years because my ps3 can't read it (different region)
>finally decide to watch it
>get stoned out of my mind
>spend half of the time laughing and calling it shit because of how dadish, corny and pointless it is
>spend the other half of the movie sleeping

There's no way I'm going to watch that piece of shit again...on the other hand, Koyanisqaatsi IS the GOAT combination of image and music, also probably the best movie to watch stoned (didn't try it myself though)

Would you like to make America great again, my friend?
All you have to do is build the wall.

Did Trump really say this?

People had fewer options to listen to different music and were influenced by magazines/ media like MTV, Rolling Stone and NME. I guess there might also be a father/son bond related to Pink Floyd.

They are obviously an amazing band...but I'm seriously tired of all the Pink Floyd spouting, they aren't the only good rock band, they aren't the only good band from the 70's and most people have listened to quite a few Pink Floyd albums many times, people should really just try something different for a change

This movie fucked me up as a 6 year old kid. I didn't even know what movie I was watching, just that I remember seeing the bleeding cross and said NOPE!!! And ejected that fucker immediately after.

Sensible policies for a happier 'murrica

It's literally a thread about The Wall on Cred Forums.

>dadish
It's like you WANT to invalidate your entire post with a single word.
Oh wait, (You) do.

I NEED A DIRTY GIRL

Only a normie would like The Wall instead of thinking it's trash compared to Piper At the Gates of Dawn, Meddle, UmmaGumma, etc.

>the piper at the gates of dawn
>ummagumma
Can we stop it with the syd barrett meme?
Floyd objectively improved in david's era

If you like Pink Floyd, this is for you. If you don't, I'm not so sure. My father and I are big Floyd's fans, I grew up listening to them and I fucking loved it.

I think you're confusing him with David Gilmour, mate. Water's solo work is so much shit that when he tours he plays The Wall instead.
Also what are you even talking about, The Division Bell has no bad tracks in it: High Hopes alone is far superior to every track on that piece of shit album that is The Final Cut.

Wait a minute, do you really like UmmaGumma? I was ok with what you were saying until this point. UmmaGumma is pretty bad, actually

It's the first DVD I ever bought and have seen it many times but overall it's just really boring and long. Other then the music, the rest doesn't hold up that well. It's still something everyone should watch at some point.

>are there any queers in the theatre tonight? Get 'em
>up against the wall
>there's one in the spotlight, he don't look right, to me, get 'em
>up against the wall
>and that one looks Jewish, and that one's a coon! Put all of this riff-raff, into the room!
>there's one smoking a joint, and another with spots!
>if I had my way... I'd have all of them shot!

~ Roger Waters expressing his feelings about Cred Forums posters

>Roger after after Cred Forums

Piper is great, and Meddle is alright, but Ummagumma that isn't the live track side is pretty bad.

Atom Heart Mother on the other hand is a pretty solid album

And Tommy

Though Quadrophenia is better than both.

Its pure kino. Didn't even like the album but it works well as a movie.
youtube.com/watch?v=_kGOAWnvyWA

It was good on acid
Meh off it

Yes it's musickino

WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE

BRITANNIA RULE AGAIN, MY FRIEND

WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEND

OUR COLORED COUSINS

HOME AGAIN, MY FRIEND

I guess if you could stand the shitty jams it wouldn't be so bad, there were a couple qts like the groupie and mum