Are there any reclusive directors

Are there any reclusive directors

dozens and dozens. don't bother to do any research or anything. go be a dithering idiot somewhere else. maybe reddit.

Yes and autistic as well

Kubrick would literally be posting pictures of smug anime girls dressed as nazis and pepe on Cred Forums if he was born in this age

Fun fact about Terence Malick. He never allowed people to take his photograph as he believed that doing that meant that his soul would be stolen. Someone took one of him one day and he collapsed in pain due to his soul flying out of his body.

Months later, when he received his first paycheck for directing Badlands, the first thing he went and bought was a soul

>Terrence will never direct a cartel kino with Benicio as the drug lord and Goose and Fassbender as corrupt DEA agents

Carruth

Let's settle this, one and 4all

You have to boss people around and still have them like you to be a director. Not really a job for an introvert.

All artists are introverts who couldn't hold an average job.

Bunch of losers.

He's not reclusive at all for being a cult indie director

Greeks

Pynchon, DFW is a hack.

there's a difference between being a recluse and being someone no one cares about

Larry Clark

Seltzer and Friedberg don't do interviews and very little is known about their life before they started making movies

that's because he's a pedo

You can't really be a recluse like Pinecone in filmmaking because making a movie is almost always a collaborative project. Unless of course you're like Don Hertzfeldt who does everything from home.
Only Malick really appears to be a recluse in as much as he completely shuns public appearances outside the film set.

Why do you believe this? I'm genuinely interested.

Lynch is pretty reclusive.

Here in Australia there would be warnings previous to any show featuring an Aboriginal because they have that exact belief about photographs. I guess it was so confronting that the warning needed to put in place.

>Ausfailia

Nobody cares, faggot.

Kill yourself.

Lynch did a guest appearance on Louie

sorry

Person you were replying to here, never mind that cretin, I care.

Lynch is on the fucking Cleveland Show as a regular character

Malick. Carruth.