Saving Private Ryan

Was the murder of "Steamboat Willie" justified?

Other urls found in this thread:

saving.org/inflation/inflation.php?amount=50&year=1940
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lend-Lease
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloodlands
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Jewish_pogroms_in_the_Russian_Empire
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merrill's_Marauders
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_Campaign_(World_War_II)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Strategic_Bombing_Survey
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminder

Why is the guy on the left smiling?

Well done, Upham, WELL –DONE
H O W E V E R
O
W
E
V
E
R

He looks smug.

everyone knows those are not the same people

Germans are lucky we let any of them live. In fact we were too nice to any of our enemies. Too bad we didn't listen to Churchill and start steam rolling the reds back.

>all germans were nazis
Even the children?

How is a baby responsible for Nazism? FYI I make the same argument on Cred Forums when people there say ALL JEWS or ALL BLACKS.

Judge a person by their actions, not their race or religion or nationality.

It's supposed to feel justified when in reality he had no good options: rejoin the Wehrmacht and fight and maybe live, or become a deserter and probably by shot by the SS

Or captured and turned into a POW which probably wouldn't have been that bad

No, Upham was a coward little bitch, and probably shot Steamboat willie so he could feel better about letting Mellish get his heart torn asunder by that other guy

Or go to the POW camp and chill for all of a year before being sent to Best Germany

Over 1 million dead german soldiers from the rhine meadow concentration camps beg to differ (Eisenhower the kike literally stripped them off their POW status so they had no rights and were refered to as "disarmed enermy personnel" instead, they literally starved like animals on open fields thanks to his talmudic revenge frenzy)

Can you cite that figure with an unbiased source?

The germans and their allies were the central cause of multiple world wars. The french/english for the rest.

Honestly every time a giant shit flinging show is caused, we get pulled into it.

People don't really realize how isolationist we were before pearl harbor, it was more pervasive than people really think despite what highschools teach, I picked my great grandfathers brain before he died and image he paints of the world even with probably flawed memories makes me think pearl harbor was the perfect anecdote to get us into another world war.

You're right I guess I'm just angry with how europe treats us knowing how many of our people died for them. Women and children shouldn't be killed..it just makes me angry.

I hope we do not get into a fight with the Russians. I'd rather let them burn.

>Churchill
you mean patton

>they literally starved like animals on open fields

Contemporary records actually indicate German POWs in America were eating better than many Americans...

Krauts are subhumans, murdering them is always justified

it was the french/english in wwii as well. notice how they declared war on germany for invading poland and how the poles ended up being kept by the ussr. not really about poland was it?

Sure if the Americans (who are opening fire on anything in a German uniform) don't wax you before you have the chance to 'surrender'.

His only realistic option was to rejoin his comrades and hope to ride out the war.

FUCK HITLER

Considering Americans took literally 10 times more Germans POW than they killed I'd bet on those odds.

So just take your uniform coat off?? Jesus user think for a moment. They literally told him which way to go

I know, all europeans are to blame, not just the germans. Which is why we had plans to fight the british in the interwar period.

Oh say can you see
Oh say can you see

The USA jumped into WW2 after all the real fighting was over, to take control of the western half of an exhausted Europe. The main objective was to stop the USSR steamrolling Europe and becoming a contender for the position of #1 World Superpower.

If you think the USA ever had charitable intentions during either war, you've fallen prey to propaganda.

Pearl Harbor was a very convenient cassus belli, which led to the USA holding Japan, a vital strategic point in Asia. And the USA action in Europe was purely an exercise in holding back the USSR.

>Steamrollling in the Reds

Lel are you for serious? Every military expert would agree that you get fucked to fuck.

Idi na chui

No one constests the USSR did most of the fighting, but the rest of your post is retarded

Anyone else subscribe to the interpretation that Upham not saving Mellish is supposed to represent Europe and the rest of the world turning a blind eye to the Holocaust?

I think it's an interesting take.

Nolan directed this scene.

The russians entire war machine was powered by us, all they had was manpower. We had nukes, they didn't. We had nukes for years before they did. We would have won easily.

Upham only shot him so what was left of the squad wouldn't frag his bitch ass later

So no, it was not justified.

>The USA jumped into WW2 after all the real fighting was over
Are you legally retarded? All the heaviest fighting was after December 1941.

True, the only good kraut is a dead kraut.

(you)

We could have nuked Moscow back to the Stone Age and prevented Bolshevik domination of Eastern Europe. There wasn't any prohibition against nukes because we were the only ones that had them.

Nukes are bad but Bolshevism was so much worse by every metric

You're retconning history. The U.S. intervention in W. Europe did have the effect of limiting the spread of Communism westward, sure, but it was the USSR that demanded opening a Western front to begin with, because their victory was still not guaranteed at that point.

Lend-Lease

A total of $50.1 billion (equivalent to $659 billion today) Back in the fucking 1940s.

$11.3 billion to the Soviet Union

$11,000,000,000 in 1940 equals $185,841,071,428.57 in 2016.

saving.org/inflation/inflation.php?amount=50&year=1940

According to the Russian historian Boris Vadimovich Sokolov, Lend-Lease played a crucial role in winning the war:

On the whole the following conclusion can be drawn: that without these Western shipments under Lend-Lease the Soviet Union not only would not have been able to win the Great Patriotic War, it would not have been able even to oppose the German invaders, since it could not itself produce sufficient quantities of arms and military equipment or adequate supplies of fuel and ammunition. The Soviet authorities were well aware of this dependency on Lend-Lease. Thus, Stalin told Harry Hopkins [FDR’s emissary to Moscow in July 1941] that the U.S.S.R. could not match Germany’s might as an occupier of Europe and its resources.[24]

Good bye.

Would you venture so far as to say that the Red Army was a proxy for the U.S. during WWII?

Not at first since hitler attacked first and Russians were largely unprepared. Afterwards yes. After the war, no. Stalin realized he could do much grander things with Hitler out of the way but luckily we had bomb first so stuff like Berlin airdrop could go unopposed even though he closed off borders to the city.

Since if he tried to fight us, we could nuke him to death. We didn't have a lot of nukes yet, but only a few could rip his army and war effort apart and he knew it. Which is why they put such a priority on getting them, themselves.

good goys yes! kill those evil white men!

Don't forget the US liberating Italy from fascism and destroying their control over Africa :^)

>If you think the USA ever had charitable intentions during either war, you've fallen prey to propaganda.

>angry soviet supporter who wants everyone to forget the Lend Lease act, and how Russian troops were riding American troop transport trucks into Berlin

Ebin :^)

>And the USA action in Europe was purely an exercise in holding back the USSR

The USSR viewed the Western front as vital to their taking of Berlin because that's where all of their production power was. It wasn't until the US came in with Britain and bombed the shit out of their manufacturing that they started to crumble from within and were unable to hold the line, forcing a retreat from territories they considered "vital".

Nice re-writing of history though.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloodlands

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Jewish_pogroms_in_the_Russian_Empire

Feel free to go into the historiography.

The russians are somehow still controlled by jews even though they killed as many as the germans practically?

Or the fact that the russians secretly setup the camps by the germans to make them look bad? So which is it?

Or were they both in control of the russians and being killed by them at the same time?

Well, the SS was co-created by a Jew, so....

Would he have known that?

Then you risk being shot by Germans also... Think for a moment.

He's not a tragic figure. He just didn't have any good options but chose to do what he knew. Maybe his character speaks to the fact that in war soldiers cannot, and in fact trained not to, act in rational self interest.

Nah, that pussy was responsible for his squadmates getting killed.

Right, and the US wasn't involved in Europe until 1944. The heaviest fighting was on the Eastern Front in 1942-43, the war was literally over by your precious D-day. Amerilards mopped up conscripts and inexperienced reserves, the Soviets were the ones who won the actual war in the East.

Hardest land fighting in the Pacific wasn't the amerifats either, it was the brits/indians in burma, the chinks in chinkland, and finally the soviets again in manchuria (this was what caused japanese surrender, not the atomic bombs). Australians did pretty good in new guinea too and amerifats tried to take all the credit for it lel.

The true redpill is that amerifatlardland did literally nothing in ww2 as far as fighting is concerned. You excelled only in manufacturing, which itself was only possible to that extent because you were only major country involved that did not have fighting on its own land. You fought nobody and contributed nothing. That's what makes it so hilarious that you still make such a big deal out of it in movies and tv.

Quality post.

KEK HAS BEEN HEARD, LET IT BE KNOWN

America haters of WW2 are on Kek's hit-list.

America confirmed for biggest contributor to world war 2

Also You realize Army Rangers were in Burma too, right?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merrill's_Marauders

Fuck no. Pussy is just angry about how much of a pussy he was and in his head that gives him the right to execute people who aren't fighting. Even stairwell guy didn't do anything to him because he was obviously not in the fight. German guys had honor, american guy was very much in the wrong.

>tips trilby

Did you read my post?

>after December 1941
>implying the USA was anywhere near europe before '44

>it was the USSR that demanded opening a Western front to begin with
>after britain had fought for years to resist the nazi war machine
>after french resistance fighters fought and died against german soldiers
>ussr STARTED the western front resistance against germany
FUCK YOU

>Hardest land fighting in the Pacific wasn't the amerifats either, it was the brits/indians in Burma

Top fucking kek, the brits got the shit kicked out of them by the Japanese. New Zealand did more in the Pacific than you tea-sippers.

Only thing the brits did right in World War 2 was piggy-back off of the American's successes.

He is not talking about POWs in America.

>this is considered an argument by american ww2 apologists

>implying the USA was anywhere near europe before '44
>implying you know anything about history

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_Campaign_(World_War_II)

Do I need to? I think the facts that anyone can read speaks for itself.

>irrelevant campaign that STILL took place after stalingrad(i.e. the battle that actually won the war)
kek @ amerifats reaching this hard

I would argue out of all the countries including Germany and Russia, the biggest win was battle of midway. The japanese were the only other group who could impose their will as strongly as we could, for a long time. If it wasn't for a lack of oil, the Japanese could have been scary.

>be the only nation standing against germany for a year
>get bombed by german bombers with no help from anyone
>usa LENDS money to keep the fighting going
>lose the only empire that could keep civilisation a thing in the world
>usa posters are brainwashed by movies into thinking they're the heroes of ww2
>mfw

Thanks for destroying civilisation btw lads.

>bombed third world villages
>compare it to fighting german armies
Holy shit.

We purposely wanted you and france to give up Empire. We considered it one of the causes of the world wars.

>Brit-cucks brain-washed by previous nostalgia of their crumbled empire that they were important in World War 2

Yea, we totally needed you, not like we decimated a third of their fleet in a single battle or anything. Kek.

The delusions brits live under to appear relevant, kek.

>what is a decisive victory

And now the world looks just great, right?

>third world villages

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Strategic_Bombing_Survey

>whoopee we beat third world nips we must be top dog hoooooo
>brits fighting real soldiers don't mean anything
>we wuz kangs

No, we made mistakes in the middle east that has put europe in danger.

Otherwise I'd say for the most part we've done alright, the world is a lot better off.

Lack of major wars except in middle east means the world is in pretty good shape.

Will it stay that way? Most likely not.

Does that have more to do with everyone aiming nukes at eachother more than our behavior in the world for said peace? Maybe.

Peace of the gun.

>third world nips

>brits fighting real soldiers don't mean anything

Yes, I'm sure it was hard while those brits sat back while the Indian Raj's did all the fighting.

:^) For Queen and Country

i am glad that you at least conceded to amerifats not fighting any significant land battles and are resorting to bringing up naval victories which were the result of a manufacturing zerg rush, british codebreaking, and a lackluster, overstretched imperial japanese navy. if that's your claim to fame you are welcome to it, i just hope we can all agree now that the US didn't do anything in europe and you can stop making movies about how you "beat them nazis". go make some movies about how you had more factory workers than the japanese and could make more ships and planes than they could. that's your one true triumph.

If Britain had stood down, Nazi Germany would've taken Europe. You must be a moron not to see that. Britain stood firm, got the USA on side, and fought like maniacs to retake France.

If you don't know this it's because you were lied to.

>WE WUZ SOLDERS

>this is the counter argument
Who's watching the cornershop Achmed?

They spared him earlier because he said he'd go home and not fight anymore. A week later and here he is.

Churchill would never have been able to drag us into the war even with germans attacking our shipping. We kept brits standing up with massive supplies dropped to them to keep them in the war.

Lend lease saved the world for what it is to say, and we never say other allied nations didn't pay for their parts in the war with blood but the fact that people we helped keep out of nazi and russian hands for their descendants to try and shit on us.

Shame on you.

Well there wasn't really anything for me to argue against.

Give me some facts, not your tranny Queen's cum-juice leaking out of your mouth.

I know, it's hard for you, you can't tell the difference, but try.

You realize he would have been executed for desertion, right?

He knows that pussy ass upham is gonna let them all go

It must be hard living in a country where white British men fought to the death to give you a decent life, and still be talking about how Brits are the bad guys.

Say what you want mate, you'd be dead or a slave without us, and you know it.

All Nazi cucks deserve what came to them

That basically supports nazis

Six to one, half a dozen the other. Fuck 'em, he was a nazi.

George Washington was born in North America, as were many of the men you call "British".

>and still be talking about how Brits are the bad guys

Never said that, only said you're an insecure faggot who's grossly negligent about the reality of the Pacific War.

If it wasn't for the man-power of the US securing air-fields, ports, and defensive positions surrounding the main-land, while taking out and hampering their navy, making it more difficult for them to provide support for their troops in places like Burma, you wouldn't of had a Burma campaign to even reach for (which the US also participated).

We fought like fucking lions in Europe and what did you do? Fuck all except try to beat Japs and lend money to Brits and fuck up all over the world.

We helped you when you didn't deserve it and you still wank yourselves over the idea that you won the war.

kek

>Churchill

You mean Patton, my cucked little friend.

He really fucking hates Steamboat Willie

>America wasn't involved in Europe until 1944
>forgetting the air war against Germany
>forgetting the battle of the Atlantic
>forgetting the invasion of Italy

>All German soldiers were Nazis

Alright let me school all you failed historians on WWII since I can't read half the posts in this thread without being in between wincing and vomiting at your stupidity.
Germany did next to nothing wrong except the whole holocaust thing, compare 1940's German people to 2010's German people and notice how strong and inspired they are as compared to the cucked mess they are now if they weren't a super power.
The only thing the Germans did wrong other than genociding a group of people who had been active terrorists years prior, was doing the same shit that would be done to them later. Rape slavic girls, slavs rape German girls with even more violence, bomb British civies, Brits bomb even more German women and children.

Britain did absolutely jack shit during the war with two exceptions: the same shit they did in WWI, getting their allies killed due to absolutely shit tier planning, and bombing German women and children in order to "deplete morale"
The Brits could barely handle the Italians and anybody on Earth could handle the Italians at one point or another, but ESPECIALLY in WWII. The Brits were useless.

Unlike the Brits the Aussies fought hard and well in the Pacific and were great battle buddies to the US. It's good the Brits weren't commanding them like at Gallipoli.

Japan's only crime was doing the same shit they did to the Chinese to Americans and Australians. Japan was fighting to retain Asian culture from Western influence since the subhuman Chinese sold out their culture because they got fucked up by everyone and everything so badly in the past 100 years.

Russia did a lot of work but they did so by dying a fucking lot. They were literal Zergs and would run at Germans and Fins until they ran out of ammo or one slipped through. The K/D ratio of German-Russian battles shows this clear as day. Helps they would just rape and murder all the German women they found too.

France didn't fuck up THAT badly and the French resistance was the most badass part of WWII

And to wrap it up US was the main working force in the Western front. They toppled the Germans alongside the Russians even if the Russians were a bigger part.
The British couldn't fight, the Canadians were surprisingly competent but they didn't play as big of a role as America.
And in the Pacific theater that was basically %80 America. The Aussies were fantastic allies and easily over %19, the Brits made some fantastic POWs for the Japanese.

Anyone who disputes this needs to history the fuck up.

There's no such thing as murder in times of war, just unethical killing.

>it's a Cred Forums is so autistic they need to make infographics reminding each other faces look different episode

did anyone ever actually make this mistake?

It's somewhat understandable in the days of 640x480 CRTs but now that everyone has a 1080p 42 inch TV it's clear they're not the same person.

There were entire threads dedicated this subject in the old days of IMDB.

me when i first saw it

>anglos