What the fuck was his problem?

What the fuck was his problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4FCLyglO_QY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Literally did nothing wrong

He was trying to keep the bonus situation under control

I dunno, he got himself killed. That's a major whoopsie.

He was a greedy sociopath

It's probably how he was able to rise in the ranks in the corporate/legal world.

He flew too high though and got burned.

Maybe he was actually a nice guy who was just following orders?

>tried to kill a kid
>nice guy

>You know, Burke, I don't know which species is worse. You don't see them fucking each other over for a goddamn percentage unlike you fucking kikes.

Was that really necessary Cameron?

I imagine everyone at the Company is a greedy sociopath.

>stuck in the middle with you

>(((Gutenberg)))

keked

>killed
Xenos in the first two alien movies don't kill, they just take you to their nest

He was trying to make peace with himself after Haimbang '85.

When Alien get role in movie, Alien has 11 dollars in Alien body hole. Courtney Cox buy car. Alien eat Paul Reiser.

>You had your chance, Gorman.

He wanted be the winner

he couldn't drive a ferrari proper

Jew.

Both Parker and Lambert are definitively killed outright by an adult alien in both cuts of the first film. Let's go down the list:

KANE: human killed by chestburst-birthing of new alien juvenille

BRETT and DALLAS: two humans presumably killed outright by the alien (THEATRICAL), OR: brought to a nesting area to be transformed into more eggs (DC).

ASH: robot, decapitated and destroyed.

PARKER: human killed outright by an adult xenomorph (boom, headshot!) He died without ever receiving clarification on the Bonus Situation. Lifeless, freshly killed body is visible in both cuts.

LAMBERT: human killed outright by an adult xenomorph (tail-rape, killing). Lifeless, freshly killed body is clearly visible in both cuts.

Of all the kills/Bad Ends in Alien, there is at least one which is uncontroversially an outright killing: Ferro.

ALIENS:

Frost: killed in battle confusion, plummetting down shaft
Crowe: killed by explosive concussion.
Wierzbowski: presumably taken for cocooning
Dietrich: presumably taken for cocooning
Apone: presumably taken for cocooning
Drake: indirectly killed by adult alien by means of its acid destroying his head (and being subsequently abandoned).

Spunkmeyer: presumably (though not definitively) killed outright by an adult alien
FERRO: DEFINITIVELY KILLED OUTRIGHT BY AN ADULT ALIEN, ON CAMERA. HER MASSIVE BLOOD-SPRAY AND SUBSEQUENT LOSS OF CONTROL OVER THE APC ARE CLEARLY VISIBLE. THE AMOUNT AND VOLUME OF BLOOD SHUT DOWN AND RENDER MOOT ANY FURTHER DISCUSSION AS TO WHETHER SHE WAS STILL ALIVE SECONDS LATER DURING THE CRASH ITSELF (WHICH OF COURSE SEALED HER FATE).

Hudson: presumably taken for cocooning
BURKE: REASONABLE ASSUMPTION OF DEFINITIVE OUTRIGHT KILLING BY ADULT ALIEN, AS OPPOSED TO "CAPTURE". THE JAWS ARE READY TO POUNCE AND BURKE DOESN'T SOUND TOO HAPPY. ALSO WE WANT HIM TO HAVE AN IMMEDIATE COMEUPPANCE.

GORMAN AND VASQUEZ: double suicide, cornered and having run out of options, in a bid to destroy some xenos.

He did a movie about grass.

1980s corporate douche stereotype.

>works for Weyland-Yutani
Take a guess.

(You) made me remember a thing

White beta-cuck-numale

most unrealistic character, desu

i mean, the marines were fucking shitting their pants, but we're supposed to believe that this cuck wanted to bring the face suckers back alive, and even had the stones to release them into the room where ripley and the kid were sleeping? yeah right, he'd have been pissing himself at the first marine's death

First movie didn't have a nest m8, it was a single Xenomorph killing the crew.

didnt it have one in the deleted scenes?

It wasn't his office

well he was an automaton, I dont think he has free will reallly even if it looks like it

He got out-Jewed by an alien

>BURKE: REASONABLE ASSUMPTION OF DEFINITIVE OUTRIGHT KILLING BY ADULT ALIEN, AS OPPOSED TO "CAPTURE"

In the deleted scene, he was cocooned, though.

youtube.com/watch?v=4FCLyglO_QY

>nidnt eet ave wun een dur duleeted denes?

thank fuck that scene was deleted, that is fucking shit

did you type all this?

Yes and no. The best version, the original theatrical release of Alien, does not have any "nest" logic, you are correct on that point. This version also happens to be Scott's actual favorite, and his definitive master version, per him himself.

However, in 2003 Scott cut together a so-called "Director's Cut" in order to cash a check, and although this alternate does have some other interesting stuff, the overall movie isn't quite as good (this gets academic, it's basically the same movie apart from the egg thing). But this version of the movie does show the beginnings of a "nest" as one lone adult alien uses its own mojo to turn some captures into eggs themselves. This "alternate" biology isn't even mutually exclusive from the queen-drone model - who's to say that adult aliens don't get some egg-making mojo going, absent a queen? I mean, it's an Alien.

I've seen Alien twice in the theater, and both times have been the DC, which I've also tended to watch lately. Alien is my single favorite film so I tend to watch it once or twice a year lately, and I've realized that I haven't actually been watching the theatrical as much as I should, over the years. I'd like to see the theatrical in a... theater! at least once before I croak.

Yep, see above.

I did. I enjoy discussing this topic and upon review I realized that I was hard-pressed to come up with an instance of an adult alien actually killing someone outright in Aliens (and not by way of some related accident, indirectly somehow, etc). But Ferro is the example which puts the lie to the other user's assertion.

Actually when you think about the movie's body count this way, how few of the actual deaths are directly caused by the adult aliens, it kind of lends itself to the Vietnam aesthetic. This whole thing is bullshit, why are we here, missions get fucked up, as opposed to Charlie actually getting you. You get yourself.

Neat. Did not know that existed.