How would you make a Fallout movie?

How would you make a Fallout movie?

Cast Idris Elba as the main char.

make The Road Warrior even more sillier

Film every day life in San Francisco.

cast lesbians and call it The 100

cast lesbians and call it The 100

Make it a trilogy and follow the plots of New Vegas.

So make it boring as shit?

you start by picking a game form the series that has an actually interesting plot and characters. id suggest 2 or new vegas. 2 would be better to start with.

the grandmother could explain to the chosen one the legend of the vault dweller and the nuclear war which would give you all the back story you'd need for the film, then you could just follow the plot of the game.

as long as you got competent writers, director, and actors i think it could make a decent movie. id suggest trying to shoot it like mad max, specifically the second one.

You wouldn't
I absolutely love fallout 1, 2 & NV
But they wouldn't convert to movies well

Fallout is about decisions, which can't be done through film

Just watch the Book of Eli

I wouldn't, video game movies are objectively a bad idea

Honestly a Fallout 3 story would be the most cinematic.

The main storyline was basically written like a movie.

Fallout 4 is utter liquid garbage

fuck Bethesda for making this trash POS

Good jokes mate real funny See u at FUCK YOUJ

Fallout is largely already influenced by a lot of post-apocalyptic, science fiction and serial films.

I wouldn't adapt any of the games because that's pointless. You've already played the games. I'd make it a high end TV series. 10 episodes a season, guest stars people would know from the movies that inspired Fallout, practical effects, puppets and elaborate makeup for the Super Mutants and other creatures. It would be set in a new Vault created for the show with an ensemble cast. The pilot introduces the premise and main characters, then the Vault begins to fail and the survivors evacuate into the Wasteland. Spend a season or two having them try to find a new place to live. One season has a Raider faction as antagonists, then introduce the Enclave, Caesar's Legion, etc in future seasons.

I wouldn't. Vidya movies are all shit.

Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad

It's gotta have that weird light hearted jest tho, which is really only discoverable through reading and exploring which wpuld be hard to cover in a full movie. I'd get worried it would come out a biiiit too edgy where it shouldn't be. I'm talking naff references to drugs and characters that seem forced. Plus regardless of game they were basing it on they would defs have a feral ghoul zombie bit which would be horrible. The only time they should have feral ghouls is if they do NV and they go to that rocket station to help out that weird cult of ghouls.

Base it on the plot of fallout 2, keep the ncr, enclave and Reno content in. Make Marcus a friend and old lady Tandi a love interest. Somehow mash that into a movies story.

I'd say start with the first game but judging with how Bethesdkiddies reacted to the dam being a major aspect of the plot of New Vegas I cant see them getting excited over a water chip.

I'd start by going back to Cred Forums

>The enclave
>Ceasars legion

Pick one. They can't come into contact with both.

Make it an anthology series taking place at a different location each episode where the main character is one of the companions from the game as the viewpoint character who is either trying to solve the places problems or is just there so we can explore the faction and world. Either make each episode stand-alone or advance the plot along the way. For example have an episode or two take place in Diamond City where we follow Nick Valentine investigating a murder and in the background its revealed that the Institute has infiltrated the city government while in another episode we follow Danse as he and the Brotherhood prepare for war with it all coming together at the end of the season

That wouldn't work with normies, the show would need a devoted audience that knows all the background in advance.

it's the objective truth though, which is why people didn't like the 3rd one, because it wasn't like the other more rpg oriented games.

That is what bethesda does for writing.

Wasteland savior giving water back to the people fits well in the universe and it is easy for people to understand.

But the people have water
There is no mention of the wastes needing water except for those beggars

Beyond that it's megaton which literally has water leaking into the streets 24/7
And Mr handys who can apparently just make water from scratch through humidity.
So.... How is there a water shortage again?

It also doesn't fit well into the universe.
It's 200 years after the bombs dropping. 200 years is a long time.
A long enough time for nature and society to return
The capital being a desert makes no fucking sense
They just copied the motifs of the first two being set in the deserts of California.

And caps are back? Why wtf that makes no sense. None. Zero

Sure they can, meet up with enclave and then in some other episode gets caught be legion and has to break out.

Best you could do is dramatize some characters story arc such as ulysses or Graham. Otherwise it would be some drama bore with intermingle gunfights

Bethesda can't even make up their minds on ghoul cannon and have changed it every game. It would make just as much sense if they were just mindless zombies as Bethesda's flip flopping every game does

would use the story of fallout 1 as a baseline, i think it would make a really good tv show tbqh

have kino scenes of the vault dewller rescuing tandi from the khans, making a deal with killian to clean up the town and getting a shotgun as a reward, flashback story with harold foreshadowing the master

would be really cool

honestly the nukes were a lot dirtier in terms of hard radiation, which is why china is still a nuked out hole of death.

At least that is what it looks like. You're applying real world physics to a game that is operating in a world that has aliens and laser guns in 1940s.

I think I should have said good water. They have a lot of shitty water but good water and land being healed by geck seems to be the main thrust of the story and giving the world a chance to heal and humanity a chance to truly reconcile.

So basically if you take movie Postman but instead make it about water instead of a mailman.

So take waterwold and postman together senpai.

I've never played any of the games.
I would make every character black/transexual/jewish or maybe all at the same time, and in the end they would brutally murder Sean Connery.

How would you do it though? Would it just be their past or would it be their story arc from the games and how would they change? Would a protagonist come along to help them not be crazy or would they take over the protagonists role and overcome their problems themselves?

Think he means because of the time periods during which the two factions were powerful + the fact that there is supposed to be a big pretty much impassibly radioactive zone right down the middle of the US preventing East/West factions from coming into contact.

>which is why china is still a nuked out hole of death

If you're referring to that glowing area seen in the cockpit in Mothership Zeta, that's America

I would obtain the film rights to the game, then commission a script from a screenwriter, then get funding, then hire a director become making the movie.

For Joshua Graham it could be the story of him meeting and helping Caesar form the Legion. That could be done in a single movie.

Im thinking just thier story arc to just before the game takes place. Have them meet maybe abother nameless courier/wanderer to help just for the sake of the fallout name

Original lore of ghouls is so interesting. I don't think both sentient and feral ghouls can't coexist in a movie. Possibly just one ghoul sidekick esk character to prove they arnt all fucked.

I'd rip off the Steven King's 'The Gunslinger'

>replace Roland with The Courier
>replace The Man in Black with Joshua Graham or Ulysses
>replace Jake with ED-E

A movie about ulysses would be pure kino.

I have always named my Courier Roland and specked him into small guns with a Duster and Sheriff's hat.

No one likes the story in the game so what makes you think anyone would care about a shit movie adaptation

MORE LIKE PINO...

PINO GRIGIO

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA