Thoughts on this?

Thoughts on this?

shit's good

good film

I want to lick jakes neck vein so badly

Solid film

One of the best films in recent history. Outstanding soundtrack, Jackman does a terrific job and Jake G took a boring script to a whole new level with his performance.

classic performance, pleb film

>mentally fucked kid is Alex Jones
>end of the movie uncovers a conspiracy

GOAT hair

I don't quite understand it frankly.
1. Is the torture a metaphor for the emergency measures in terrorist situation? about the water boarding issue?
2. The black couple hesitated about torturing but went on. What do they mean by this? Do they mean that black people are more cruel or more kind than the white guys?
3. The other creepy guy had all those drawings. I know he was just a victim but what do those drawings mean?
4. The old lady was so evil but it feels off. She didn't really say why she did those things.

really shitty way to resolve the murder.
he accidentally discovers a secret bunker where the old pedophile is dead and that triggers everything else.
Literally luck / Deus Ex.

dano a cucc

good performance by Jake G and Hugh Jackman

pretty mediocre movie. They could have made it kind of interesting by actually cultivating the theme of Hugh Jackman losing god and slipping into evil out of desperation, but instead they took that and hit you over the fucking head with it

>we wage a war against god
>when we do this it makes good men go mad

come the fuck on, we saw him do it, how about you show instead of tell

I also thought the pacing was kind of weird, they just randomly introduced several seemingly unconnected plotlines

>guy in priest's basement
>guy with the snakes breaking into the houses
>missing kid

that were so OBVIOUSLY going to link up later that it was almost insulting how they tried to paint it as a mystery. Anyone that's ever seen a fucking movie knew they were all going to link up after some twist was revealed. Could've worked in a ten episode tv series that actually delved into these plotlines, but as a movie it felt shallow

overall, pleb core.

Will say the final scene with the whistle is good

>when he's driving the girl to the hospital with blood dripping off his forehead while desperately trying to reassure her that it's all gonna be ok

i cry everytim ;_;

CLASSIC

Jake made my clit throb.

classic

>tv show
>goes to call a movie shallow

end yourself

You might have autism. Also, for the last one, the old lady explicitly says that the death of her and her husband's child caused them to lose faith and they began to abduct children as a means of causing others to lose faith, as part of a 'war against god'

>2. The black couple hesitated about torturing but went on. What do they mean by this? Do they mean that black people are more cruel or more kind than the white guys?

But no really you have autism. It's a pretty basic response for a person to approach a situation like torturing another person with trepidation, but ultimately they went along with it because they felt it may have been necessary to see their child alive again.

I'm confused as to how you comprehended so little about a movie you watched.

>1. Is the torture a metaphor for the emergency measures in terrorist situation? about the water boarding issue?

What.

NEBRASKA
E
B
R
A
S
K
A

Prisoners is THE example of inauthentic sensibility cinema. It doesn't get more juvenile "film buff" than this movie. Everything from the casting, to the themes, to the cinematography. It physically pains me to even think about it. Fincher was always the epitome of IMDB to me until this movie, but then Villenvue managed to topple him.

I don't know if this is just a false rumor or not but apparently the director just gave Jake the script with him being a regular cop, and he added the tattoos/facial twitching/personality all on his own. Definitely made his character awesome.

Jake was really great in giving life to his role

>"Nah homie, you buy childrens clothes"

Please. Elaborate. Care to outline particular examples? I'm interested in your theory. AND your physical pain. Call it a "hobby" of mine.

Best film of 2013 tbqhwyf

Hugh Jackman was the only good character

jake g performed very well but his character was just standard cop with an edgy/weird coat of paint slapped onto him

Can someone photoshop with maggie in the place of c l a s s i c?

Sorry I don't speak to low IQ apes or babies.

I get the war against God part but I feel she should do more in front of the camera.
And if anyone should wage war against God it should be the white dad.

As of the black couple, I don't get why they cast a black couple in this if they are just having regular people's reaction about torturing. I mean what does race or black people have to do with this?

>As of the black couple, I don't get why they cast a black couple in this if they are just having regular people's reaction about torturing.

I really don't know what you mean. Are you saying that the black couple should've responded by selling crack on the street to raise funds for the search for the children? The point was that they were just regular people driven to action by desperate circumstances that they had no means of anticipating.

>And if anyone should wage war against God it should be the white dad.

This is also kind of the whole idea, the erosion of Jackman's faith is actually a big thing through the film. His faith in god and belief in himself as a capable provider and protector are challenged by his daughter's abduction, and through kidnapping classic man he is in a sense succumbing to the same sort of rage that drove the old lady to abduct children as she did.

It seems like you just want to watch a film totally void of any kind of subtlety.

The better movie would have been to have the initial killer in fact BE the killer of Jackman's daughter, then exploring his descent into desperation and evil as he denies the reality of what's happened. The movie had a great premise.

Instead we got some stupid villain with terrible motivation and a protagonist tentatively justified in his actions. Great acting by all, though.

I want to agree, but things like this usually get solved by luck. Someone just happens to find a bloody glove three months later or a person reads something in a newspaper and it triggers a memory from 8 years ago about when they saw something suspicious.

literally did nothing wrong: the movie

Read that in his voice.

10/10 quote

Threadly reminder that Huge Jackedman is the only reason his daughter survived and therefore in some small way his torture of Alex was justified.

Do you view everything through the lens of race? Is your question even serious or are you trying to be sardonic? The crux of your question boils to you asking why black people are acting human, or why black people even exist in that context.

I think you should seek serious help and I'm not trolling.

I get what you mean about the black people.

As of the dad, if he had turned evil like what the old lady said, he should have remained at large and so he can do real evil things to other kids. But instead he got locked up=got punished. And then he got saved=redeemed. I guess it just bothers me that neither the old lady nor the dad was an exciting villain.

I understand what you mean, the old lady wasn't really that satisfying a villain ultimately, even with her motives being apparent.

I think the movie would've been better had paul dano actually been the villain

Looks like a pretty classic film

it isn't a big thing in the film though

they maybe make 2 or 3 references to it possibly being a theme and then fucking chokeslam you with it at the very end

that to me hurt the most, because there was the possibility for a really interesting film below the thriller and stupid final villain

>subtlety
>"WE'RE WAGING A WAR AGAINST GOD. SO THAT THE FAITH OF MEN ERODE WHEN WE KIDNAP THEIR CHILDREN"

get fucking real

The family drama had potential, but the investigation part was not good.

I didn't say that the film was some kind of subtle and enigmatic masterpiece, I simply suggested that the other person seemed to miss out on most of the thematic things because they somehow weren't pushed hard enough for them to get.

thought it was pretty good for a plebywood production, loved the ending, the characters were well played and written, and I want to pound Jake's boi pussy

tips fedora