What is the worst and best Star Trek series?

What is the worst and best Star Trek series?

Other urls found in this thread:

archived.moe/tv/thread/19758593
chakoteya.net/Voyager/301.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=PIGxMENwq1k
youtube.com/watch?v=d9EbGd1AlMg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Best
>voyager
Worst
>voyager

>swn pin you down and rape you during pon farr

pic related is best user. Worst is voyager.

Best is TOS.

Worst is DS9.

Enterprise had the most potential but was cut short, episode telling us the entire show is a riker holo novel that deanna told him would be theraputically stop being a puss makes it the worst series.

Who /hated the show but wanted to heat her ass/ here?

Best
>voyager
There is no worst, but I don't care for ds9 all that much.

t. Someone who's never actually watched ds9

>nudity in star trek

this is why i hated it

What does swn mean?

>nobody listing enterprise as worst
how

shoogie woogie nigga

Because Voyager exists.

Because enterprise was still more internally consistent and lore respecting than the pile of shit that is Voyager.

she started looking bad as time went on and her fake tits always bothered me. If you look at her now she looks awful.

bruh there's mad nips and cleav in DS9

I would never call voyager good but enterprise was pretty much unwatchable for me
yeah I can see your point I guess, I wasn't taking into account lore and world building
we can all agree they are both shit though

if you look at any female star trek actor now (except jadzia and kira) they look like shit

She will never

>best
TOS
>worst
VOY

None can best the power trio that is Kirk, Spock, and McCoy.

Best is probably TNG but Voyager is my favorite.

Enterprise got really good towards the end and it was only one season so you can't really judge it. (TNGs first season was trash too)
TOS is the worst. No contest

>Voyager is my favorite

TOS is awesomely campy but the pacing of 60s television was abysmal, I guess it holds up better than Gilligan's island or something but people have some serious nostalgia glasses when they talk about it

Kate Mulgrew basically looks the same and Nichelle Nichols is 83.

Thanks user.

fair point, I guess it's just the TNG actors

I just watched TOS for the first time and it was really really good.

Yeah that's the problem, it's way too dated. I love the TOS movies though.

I really don't get why people on here hate on Voyager so much.

>aged like milk
Crusher
Troi
Yar
Janeway
Kes
T'Pol

>aged like wine
Uhura
Kira
Jadzia
Ezri
B'Elanna
7 of 9
Hoshi

>Kate Mulgrew basically looks the same

What did he mean by this?

Best
>Whichever Bryan Fuller has not touch
Worst
>Whichever Bryan Fuller has touch with his "Look I'm so liberal" hand

>I really don't get why people on here hate on Voyager so much.
Voyager is a good series.

The problem is that every other Star Trek is better.

I'm watching Enterprise right now and I'm enjoying it.

My immediate thoughts-- It's interesting to see a captain who makes mistakes, and I like that the NX class is hopelessly underpowered compared to other vessels they encounter--it makes the show feel like the stakes are higher than, say, TNG. Also, the human-Vulcan tension is refreshing. On another note, I just watched the mirror universe episode and boy was that entertaining!

>there actually is a Star Trek thread on /trash/
really gets the ol hamster wheel spinning

Best
>TNG
Worst
>Ent
Meme Best
>DS9
Meme Worst
>Voyager

TOS is special because it has some of the best and some of the worst episodes of all the series, and of course it kicked off the series. On top of that, it's a more obvious product of its time because it didn't last very long.

No way. TOS is incredibly dated and campy and

DS9 is extremely limited (being on a station) and boring

Enterprise is fucking garbage

voyager took some risks to try to get more ratings and as a result had some great episodes at the expense of a lot of dumb ones.

T&A pandering is not a risk.

I agree the intro is horrible. Otherwise, I don't see what's so bad about it.

Seven's character is way better than 90% of the other main cast

I couldn't get into TOS because the pace is so slow. Like scenes often go on twice as long as they should and often you figure out the twist only for the characters to be oblivious for 30 minutes. I loved all the TOS movies except final frontier though.

The only thing limited is you, as you are limited by the limits that you choose to place upon yourself.

Her character is better, which is why its so tragic that they didn't just give her a regular uniform

when I first heard that theme my jaw dropped. I couldn't believe they chose that shit. so cheesy.

She looks like the same disgusting blob as always desu

But not risky in the slightest.

>Early 2000's
>Famous sci-fi series shits the bed with a prequel

What is it with Ricks?

ENT
I still think it's worth watching though. It has plenty of good episodes/characters

All of them are simultaneously the best and worst depending on the season and episode.

by risky I mostly meant plotwise, like tuvix or the space goo or the evil aliens from the 5th dimension or pirate holograms. Sometimes it was cool and sometimes it didn't make any sense

>I really don't get why people on here hate on Voyager so much.
It didn't used to be that way. back in 2012 / 2013 Cred Forums loved voyager. Manly do to the doctor. I got into Star Trek because Cred Forums would make daly threads using a screenshot of 7of9 kissing the Doctor.
>Image very related.

Than around late 2014 new anons from more mainstream sites started visiting this site. Soon after every trek thread would just turn into one big ds9 circul jerk. Than one day out of the blue those new anons started leaving hateful comments about voyager. It's been that way ever since.

>Uses Mirror episode as an example of a good episode

The fuck is with her right elbow?

>tuvix
I like this one, it had an actual ethical dilemma.
>or the space goo or the evil aliens from the 5th dimension or pirate holograms
What's risky about any of these?

they fuck with the lore and established norms of the show

This disturbs me greatly.

Nice try, AlyDoLLGc161. I've been here longer than you and you're still full of shit.

I like to imagine her doing this with my lips planted firmly on her cunt.

Inconsistency isn't a risk. Voyager is well known for the inconsistencies that developed as a result of lazy hack writers.

Shit taste, fampai.

I guess one thing I'm enjoying about Enterprise is that alien species are actually alien. The crew has trouble communicating with other species and has to undergo decompression/acclimation in order to go on alien ships. In TNG, all species can communicate with one another and all their environments are the same...

>Enterprise coming to that ship where the crew was being bled and harvested.

the later series get the benefits of cgi and effects but the writing almost suffers for it

>muh 2012
Here's a typical thread from 2011, showing Cred Forums laughing at Voyager and recognizing it for the shitshow that it was.

archived.moe/tv/thread/19758593

Only one without enough cringe to kill a rhino: enterprise
Worst: voyager
>stargate and star trek JUST in the same way
>face annihlation of entire planet in space
>alien race who kill at all costs
>maintain and parade liberal ethics
>female commanders
>this is believable
>everything works out hehe
"Oh no our ratings are 1.2/10 hmmmmm"

Newfig

Not at all mon ami.

>fall asleep during some ds9 episodes
>suddently sisko has a goatee and seems skinnier

what the fuck

Me.

Go to bed, Erin !W1MmioNU0A. Sleep deprivation is a hell of a drug.

Yeah I mean it's not like they quickly got their own warship, started exploring the Gamma Quadrant and then got into an interstellar war or anything. They were stuck on that station the entire time.

it was the first half of DS9 that was disrespectful and disgusting to the franchise. I can understand the hate on it if someone saw those episodes.

I've Marathoned all of Star Trek over the past few months and just finished DS9 yesterday.

My view?

DS9 is easily, by far the best written of all Star Trek shows, also the fact around Season 4 it starts to become more multi-episode arc oriented is a good thing. DS9 really kicks into super high gear in Season 5 though which is just top-tier Trek.

The biggest let down of DS9 is that because it's stuck on a space station, too many episodes revolve around the characters going into a coma but their minds being transported to another place, or going to the mirror universe, or travelling back in time to Terok Nor. The amount it relies on "Character gets shocked, transports to fan-fiction tier alt-universe" meme just gets stale.

TNG is probably the "truest" Star Trek as it's the one most about travelling around space finding new life and new civilizations. That said, it's aged terribly and it's just so visually bland. That said, some of the best (and worst) episodes of Trek and doesn't rely on so heavily on repetitive tropes like DS9.

Both Voy and ENT suffer from being in that weird period of the late 90s-mid 00s where TV was shifting from episodic to serial. Both also just give heavily the vibe of shows of the era like SG-1 and Buffy, but Voy and ENT just don't live up to that at all. Both also just suffer from poor, boring writing overall. Though I don't mind them that much, because Trek's writing in general is rarely top-tier and I'm used to it, but even next to DS9 and TNG, Voy and ENT just have meh, writing and acting. There just isn't any chemistry in those crews as well.

Oh also ENT is way too heavy with "Muh American exceptionalism, Muh 9/11" shit.

TOS on the other hand is absolutely fucking awesome just for being a 60s retro futuristic time piece. Though it really comes off as a super "cartoony" show compared to later Trek shows and is hard to even think how they are in the same universe.

But how do you respond to showing that you're still full of shit?

Daily reminder that Enterprise was the very best Star Trek series ever produced.

It was Star Trek done right.

No faggots.
No feminism
No PC
Less technobabble
More realism
More character
Interesting aliens
Solid storytelling

Trektards hate it because it isn't gay enough.

DS9 best episodes were the mediocre ones in the other series. There was never a time I was like, FUCK YEAH. Capt when Sisko used Biogenic weapons and had no fallout from it, cept the guy he was fighting wasn't really interesting nor was the story arc at all.

Odo was the guy I was watching all the time hoping that something good would happen. He was a boring character and I mean that as a true fan of the series. There was so much potential there. SO MUCH.

DS9 never really used the show to postulate in the philosophical realm like the other shows. There was almost no allegory what so ever.

The prophets were real, the miracles were real, the region was REAL. Star Trek always does that with regions make them real, if not then it's always some smoke screen to an evil plot, like Klingon Jesus and what not.

The story was coherant and in the later half of the series it seem to get it shit together, there was just so much more I wanted it to be. TNG and ENT and VOY all explored exactly what I wanted to see and then some. Some really mind bending episodes.

But even the best episodes of DS9 with Dukat as a yuppie looking satan was seriously not a fantastic mind blowing episode. It just seem like a last ditch to tie up a significant arc.

As opposed to Dr or Seven learning about humanity it was done better then Data who never really got an episode it was always split with some other side arc like no one like Data episodes. They were some of the best.

ENT was surprising in how the story went, a bit slow in the start, but even the time travel episodes were doing something different with not a bad feel to em.

The only good episode I really enjoyed in DS9 was the Pulp Writer one, that still lacked compared to Frame of Mind with Riker or when Beverly was in a micro universe. And the Trouble With Trible episode that was good in DS9. I think that's more what a lot of ENT was going for.

I just wish they did that more then the evil universe shit.

It's so weird too, because VOY really was the most consistent of the Star Trek, and DS9 is one of the LEAST consistent. The quality in the show changes almost as much as TNG except it isn't just the first 2 seasons it's the first 4.

What's with all the reposts?

true, I enjoyed it except for the xindi episodes, the suliban episodes were stretching it but not awful

Voyager is the worst thing ever to hit TV
>female captain
>entire operation isn't redundant, useless, lazy and corrupt within the first two episodes

She was fine though. All of Voyager's problems stem from hack writers (who were male btw).

VOY doesn't have chemistry? A lot of it makes sense though, but the only cringe I have about the romance in the show is Seska. What the fuck, she raped him right?! Why was she so infatuated with Chekota?

But the writting was one of the best, from the holonovel revolt, the fluid space and borg arcs, the hunters, everything felt like they had a GOOD grasp on what they were writting. DS9 had them acting like it was the first time they encountered aliens for the first time, with Odo always changing into some animal with an earth name like 'vulture or rhino' and aliens having saying that were the exact same as earth sayings.

It doesn't make sense from a 'hard' sci-fi point of view, but to normies it must seem really 'fun' but VOY explained a lot more of it's 'hard' sci-fi a lot better. It might be 'borg upgrades' but it's still better of an explanation then most. A lot less god like powered aliens too.

I also like the intellgent character a show and since they had both doter and seven and even Tuvok it also explains a lot more shit. Like having a Data around or even Skip from ENT since he helped design the engine.

DS9 most intellgent chracters like Bashir had some interesting moments but he was more Green then Harry Kim at times, and Jadzia was just a dits. The girl was like a cheerleader that was suppose to have like 4 doctorates and 8 lives experience.

She could hardly manage mature, let alone wise in her demeanour. I don't think autistic noticed. But there's a reason her character 'died' off. That doesn't happen often because most are good actors. Worf actor even said he could have been fired at any time. They do have standards.

Just because your moms that way, doesn't mean all females are that way. When you kiss a girl, you'll know.

This times a thousand.

And keeping Tucker in permanent blue balls and then killing him in the most anti-climatic way possible just twisted the knife. I still watch Next Gen, Voyager, and even Deep9. But never this again.

Trip was to Enterprise that Cyclops was to Xmen.

I'd believe that cause males can be bad writers however
>females can be good captains
Kek, she was horrible and an idiot, no wonder the show was unwatchable.

How very convenient that you were able to find that thread at the drop of a hat. Almost like you had it bookmarked or something. Could it be that you were a part of it. Could it be that you were a major contributor to that thread, and others like it. I'm sure you've got a few others just like that one bookmarked.

>(who were male btw)

Reddit alert.

>liking the Borg in Voyager
Ha ha ha, wew?

Also, I don't believe that you know what "hard" scifi is.

Trip got a lot of love in the books, it turned out alright user.

>Just because your moms that way, doesn't mean all females are that way. When you kiss a girl, you'll know.
A little upset there?
"You'll know women can be good captains once you've kissed one"
By the way you're shilling over a kiss, you're the one who needs a root mate

>how very convenient that search engines exist
Okay.

Alright, continue claiming that Cred Forums loved Voyager, even though you'll never back it up because it was never true. Maybe all the anti-Voyager jokes just went over your head at the time because you didn't have enough /trek/ knowledge to know that we were actually mocking it.

To be honest, you could say the same thing about TNG and its French captain, played by a British actor.

>TOS is incredibly dated and camp
this is true and I'm glad people that don't have nostalgia heads up their asses and can admit it.

TOS movies except for the first one were all pretty good though....

V was the worst though.

>and DS9 is one of the LEAST consistent
I think that may have a lot to do with the larger cast in DS9. Some episodes just couldn't hold it together on characters alone even though most of the actors were pretty solid, sometimes they just tried to do too much with them.

France & Britain both have a history of naval prowess.
So no, you couldn't say the same thing about Jean Luc.

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet

>I know nothing about French and British military history or stereotypes outside the hip new ones from Hollywood Blockbusters: The Post

Seriously though, you should read up a bit. French and British naval history is very fascinating and hilarious at times. Including such great times as when a British destroyer managed to torpedo itself.

>tuvix
>I like this one, it had an actual ethical dilemma.

No it wasn't. It was a fucking abomination. Only bad thing was Neelix survived the incidence.

TOS>DS9>TNG>VOY>Enterprise

Very easy. I really liked the semi-twilight zony eerie vibe of TOS. Plus it had the highest consistent episode Quality. Voyager was mostly shitty episodes, but had some of the best overall episodes. TNG was a little better, but just has an absolute shit ton of cringe worthy episodes.

DS9 had Bajor. Any episodes involving Bajor was almost guaranteed to be absolute shit. DS9 had some of the best characters.

>search engines
You are really into the archives, and filenames aren't you.

>Maybe all the anti-Voyager jokes just went over your head at the time

I'll admit that it's a possibility. It's also a Possibility that you could have been samefagging or at the very least fanning the voy hate flames in those threads.

ITT: Scenes that women will never understand

I can't stand Picard's acting, so:

VOY > TOS > ENT > DS9 > TNG

>French and British naval history is very fascinating and hilarious at times
>who rules the waves???
>desribing them as incompetant
>1000x more competent than any female alive or dead
Idiot.
It's well known as the most hated, you are obviously a high level plebbitor

And every pro-Voyager thread could have just been you and that "actionbabby plebs" poster samefagging. Why even go down that route of accusations, unless you really do have zero evidence that Cred Forums was pro-Voyager other than your gut feeling and desperate wishes?

"hard" sci-fi

>>French and British naval history is very fascinating and hilarious at times
>>who rules the waves???
>>desribing them as incompetant
x more competent than any female alive or dead
>Not grasping the concept of a joke this hard or genuinely not knowing that just by the sheer size of those navies they also have some of the best stories for how pathetically bad a navy can do and sparked stereotypes to reflect that

>I read about one thing and now judge an entire nations history

This post reads like reddit historical revisionism.
You're probably a 16 year old who thinks they've stumbled upon some hidden knowledge that others don't share, but really your just a moron focusing on a small part of the whole.

>putting two meme chevrons before a number
>accidentally turning your greentext into redtext
You blew it.

This conversation ends now.

TOS > DS9 > TNG > TAS > ENT > Petrified Dogshit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> VOY

>Describes everything that makes the joke a joke
>Still thinks it's a genuine statement and not a joke
What the hell kind of people did you grow up around that you have so little faith?

>what the hell kind of people did you grow up around that you have so little faith

I went to uni.

>Why even go down that route
It's all about convince really. I'm not a "search engine" pro like yourself, and I don't have threads which are that old bookmarked. What I do know is that if it wasn't for what seemed like a never ending stream of pro voyager threads in 2013, and Cred Forums I might have never gotten into Star Trek. I wish I knew who the op of those threads was so I could thank him, and I wish I was a search engine enthusiast like you so I could relieve some of those threads which I'm still to this very day very thankful for.

>Exposing yourself to the infinite spiral of madness that is a large number of people who though fortune or money got into higher education, though not really merriting the opportunity, only to take this as proof that they are the smartest possible people and everything they say is law for they are the masters of the universe
Well that explains it.
The trick is to find a few actually clever or at least humble people and then stick to them. Few things are as soul crushing as realizing how the fabled arcane world of Academia works by constantly being exposed to its all of its people

I don't dispute that pro-Voyager threads and posters existed, but I don't ever recall a time when Cred Forums (or even just /trek/) as a whole "loved" Voyager. It just seems like your own wishful thinking. And then you blame the change on "more mainstream sites" and the "ds9 circul jerk", like you have to pin the blame on someone when it turns out that your desperate fantasy was never real. Let's not forget that you never even tried DS9, you just saw one episode from season 7 and decided to hate it on principle, because your imaginary narrative NEEDS an enemy or it all falls apart.

I think he is mis-remembering the fact that more people like ent now compared to how it was hated early on.

The fact that /trek/ likes Enterprise is proof that we are NOT becoming that other site.

Dan is the worst Star Treck

Not him, and hating on DS9 is as much bullshit has hating on Voyager, but you got to admit there are SOME things that are weirdly over exagurated about Voyager but ignored in other series.

Hell, Jadzia from day one was a bigger sex appeal character than Seven of Nine ever would be.

Hell, in Season 1, she had an entire episode dedicated to her, and yet the closest she got to being a relevant part of a story was when Bashir dreamed up a playmate version of her in the episode with the imagination aliens.

Addendum: I hope I don't come off as if I was disagreeing with you.

What is it that you think accounts for the shifting pro-Enterprise opinions in /trek/? I really can't deny that we seem to like it more now than we used to.

>Hell, Jadzia from day one was a bigger sex appeal character than Seven of Nine ever would be.
Dax wore a respectable, professional uniform and not an embarrassing, pandering catsuit.

There're a lot of internal debates about when to start writing about history, in terms of I guess you could call it cultural narration. You need a certain amount of distance/time away from the subject before it can be viewed accurately. At least some people believe that.

With juxtaposition of the JJ movies, and the fact most people thought no more new shows would be made. It was given more of a chance to be viewed individually and against the rest of trek.

Somewhere in there is probably the answer. Also I think until people publicly spoke up about it and people fought against the image of it, other people probably looking to find more material to make fun of it, viewed it. Some changed their minds. I honestly feel that is the same thing that happened with the prequels.

Some people change their minds, some people speak up. It changes the appearance of board culture and how permissive people feel about speaking on the topic. For or against.

Yes, and the camera not at all has ever been placed around Jadzia to emphasise the fact that she is a female.
Nay, when Sisko and Kira has to carry her after her ankle was twisted in "Move Along Home!" for example, not at all did half the shots make sure that the usually contour less black uniforms emphasise the fact.

As a matter of fact, I'm rewatching DS9 right now. It's a great series, but let's not pretend like that's not what Jadzia was there for, at the very least in the first season. (Later seasons too, but I'm only 21 episodes in, and last time I saw it was 3-4 years ago, so I'd rather not judge the future seasons until I get to them.)

It's been a while since I've seen it as well, but from what I can remember, the camera would occasionally emphasize Dax's body, whereas the camera would always emphasize 7's body. Or to go back to your example of playmate Dax, it's just Bashir's fantasy that offers to fuck Bashir, while over on Voyager, it's the real 7 that really offers to fuck Kim. 7 is simply Voyager's fucktoy in ways that Dax isn't.

And of course, you're comparing season 1 of a series (when they had no idea what they were doing) with season 4 of a series (when they knew *exactly* what they were doing). When we all talk about how great TNG was, most of us aren't talking about all the mistakes they made in s1-2, right?

Did he get to see her tits and vag?

Don't know man.
I rewatched Voyager too just a few months ago.
I was not looking forward to Seven of Nine for that very reason, but from what I saw, they surprisingly did just as much or perhaps even less sexualization of her as they did with Kess, and that wasn't much.

Yes, there was the time when Seven of Nine tried to get with Kim, but it was literally a 2 minute scene which was completely deadpan, to emphasise that she's not "seductive" and has no idea what the point in any of this is. It was just part of her arc as learning to be human, and unless it caters specifically to someone's fetish, I don't see how the scene could be interpreted as "sexy".

Not saying there's anything wrong with having a fetish like that, but as someone who apparently doesn't have it, it seemed so clean they could've had Ginger Rogers do it.
There also was a lot less emphasis on her features than I thought there would be.
I imagine it was because I was still a teenager when I last saw it before that and had... Different priorities.

Also in addendum to I'm not sure if saying that they "knew what they were doing" in season 4 more than they'd know in season 1 in this sense is fair.
As far as I know, most people in charge of DS9 were already veterans from TNG, so it was hardly their first season.

>best
DS9
>worst
Voyager.

Fuck you niggas.

>There also was a lot less emphasis on her features than I thought there would be.
I don't think they ever emphasized Dax's features as much as they did 7.

I know Dax's body got exploited too, but can you really say with a straight face that it happened MORE than for 7?

>tfw last episode of season 6 of DS9

Only one season left of DS9

>only 12 more appearances of this guy and then you'll never see him ever again

Here's the thing:
I don't recall her looking this this even once during the show.
I see this image circulated around a lot, but it more represents the PR team's desperation to advertise the show, than the writers' and cast's actual interpretation of the character inside the show.

Also if we're posting pictures, I don't recall her acting quite like this either, and this was actually in the show.

That's still wearing more than the multiple occasions where 7 of 9 got completely nude.

While I don't remember her doing it "multiple times", my greater point, is that while Seven of Nine is hailed as some sort of fall from grace, in a "how dare they stoop so slow as to include a character who 'mainly' exists for sex appeal", I rarely if ever see anyone even mention the fact that Jadzia was doing the same thing years before.
And to me at least, Seven's story was still much more interesting within even just her first season, than the one episode Dax got in season one, most of which she spent completely silent and giving the best possible impression of a toaster with her 1000 yard stare.

>While I don't remember her doing it "multiple times"
At least twice, once for q and once for the Doctor's fantasies.

I'm really not at all disputing that they used Dax for sex appeal. I'm just disputing your claim that they sexualized Dax MORE than 7.

I guess that's fair.

It might just be that I'm still only done with Season 1 in my rewatch of DS9, and while in Voyager by this point there was a ton of story surrounding Seven, for Dax there really isn't much to her beyond the fact that Bashir and Quark want to bone her.

Season 2 begins with Dax and Kira saving the day, kicking ass and taking names. Dax doesn't get much focus though because DS9 tries to find time to develop ALL the characters, even little recurring characters outside the main cast like Garak and Nog and Weyoun.

7 got a bunch of stories because the show became all about her, the EMH and the Captain, while all the other characters in the main cast just fell by the wayside and were forgotten by the writers.

I want to talk about the new show; casting been completed yet?

Abuzz, anything? Rumour has its? Etcets?

Delayed until may. Don't expect any new info now for a while.

well it's being used to launch another online streaming service that nobody will give a fuck about so odds are the series tanks after the first episode since all subsequent ones will be online

>while all the other characters in the main cast just fell by the wayside and were forgotten by the writers.
I don't know about that.
There's the epsiode where Harry and Tom get locked in a prison, trying to break out, only for it to turn out it's a space station, I'm fairly certain that was past that point.
The episode where the crew start to melt and die, only to discover that they are the cloning goo from the planet of death, started with Tom and Bellana's wedding ceremony.
Tom had all that stuff with Captain Proton, designing the Delta Flyer, getting seduced by the sentient neural link ship, entering races, so on. Really the only character I think got less attention after Seven of Nine joined was Tuvok, and that was mostly because Kess was gone and one of the main things about him up to that point, was that he acted as a kind of guide for her, though he did continue to have stuff with Nelix.

>well it's being used to launch another online streaming service
No, it's not.

CBS All Access already exists.

>best
DS9
>worst
Shitterprise

Tuvok and the doctor were lame in the archetype of the rational crew member, and both B/Elanna and Kes were lame in the sexy female archetype. They fixed both issues by introducing 7of9, making Kes fully redundant.
Later on, they developed at least the B'Elanna character a bit more.

The classic Star Trek archetypes include
(1) daring, charismatic captain
(2) sexy female
(3) rational, cool person
(4) engineering guy
(5) medical officer

ST:VOY
(1) Janeway, bad boy/daring: a bit Paris
(2) 7of9, poorly: B'Elanna, Kes
(3) 7of9, poorly: Doctor and Tuvok
(4) poorly: Janeway, 7of9
(5) Doctor

Since TNG there's also the apprentice archetype (Wesley, Sisko's son and his Ferengi friend) - covered by Kim.

So 7of9 actually fixed ST:VOY conceptually. She did much more than adding curves.

Not surprised since they've gotten insta-negative feedback from the YT teasers and trying to find the perfect black female that won't send obese spergs into a frightful fit is going to take quite some time in itself.
They are so, so, so fucking stupid (or I'm just incredibly naive). It will be streamed regardless and most Trekkies are all for the "redistribution of the 'wealth' " so torrents will arise within minutes of shows becoming available.

and who the fuck other than you knew that?

>There's the epsiode where Harry and Tom get locked in a prison, trying to break out, only for it to turn out it's a space station, I'm fairly certain that was past that point.
The Chute, season 3, before 7 of 9 joined the show.

I think we've established by now that your memories are unreliable, perhaps influenced by your desire to root for that underdog Voyager. Oh well.

>What is the worst and best Star Trek series?

There are two very different kinds of ST TV shows:

The parable series, in which the story plots are reflecting real philosophical and society issues.
The action series.

I don't think they got "action" ever better than 70% right, so only TOS and TNG (the philosophical ones, since VOY parables were BS and DS9 hardly ever used that angle) may be considered "best".

The "Enterprise" series with Bakula had horrible plots and was full of wasted opportunities, so it easily was the worst.

What episode is this quote from..
>It feels like I've got fire ants in my brain!
>Good! Make them work for you..

chakoteya.net/Voyager/301.htm

Not saying you're wrong, but if we equate what you call "The Engineering Guy" with say Miles, then Harry and B'Elanna (whose name I keep forgetting how to spell) fit that role rather well together.

Not him, but I think it has something to do with Kes. Isn't it the one where they meet those other Ocampans who mastered their powers with the other Caretaker?

>using google to search the scripts
I bet you use your GPS to go five miles up the road in your automatic Ford Fiesta.

>Not him, but I think it has something to do with Kes.

Good guess, but no.

On a side note, that episode was weird, it almost felt like a made for TV movie because of the opening introduction being like a paragraph read by Majel Barrett plus Gary Graham as madman Ocampan and the shitty voice over little girl "Suspiria".

>get defeated by the #1 Star Trek expert on Cred Forums
>resort to product placement as a deflection
Ahhhhh, you can't stand it.

Something terrible just occurred to me. CBS shows are mostly all the same and the main character for STD is not the captain, but a lower ranking officer. The lead will be in security and we're getting NCIS in space.

best:
voyager
worst:
deep shit 9

You disturb me greatly.

i agree with this man.
the ds9ers are nasty af and love being aggressive to anyone wanting to talk about voyager.

hot

youtube.com/watch?v=PIGxMENwq1k

but it has the most boring cast ever, even more boring than voyager.

weird as fuck belly button. ugly bitch.
wouldn'tpokewithastick/10

How do I into Star Trek
seen some episodes of TOS and the Picard series as a kid

is TOS cheesy af or do I start there?

tng is great because of the actors, but there are not many good episodes.
ds9 story is mediocre but some characters are really great, like dukat, garak, damar, weyoun.
forget about voyager and the new enterprise.

or just watch babylon 5, it has the best science fiction story, but looks a bit dated now.

Friendly reminder that Mollari did nothing wrong.

start with next generation. if the first episodes are too slow maybe skip to season 3 then go back later.
then watch voyager, enterprise, ds9, and end with tos.

this is by far the best opening of any science fiction show ever:

youtube.com/watch?v=d9EbGd1AlMg

That's the inferior Borg Queen.

Friendly reminder that Dukat did nothing wrong.

hotter imo

Best: DS9
Worst: Animated

"Commander, something something?"

Best is TNG
-sexdroid
-medi-milf healslut
-Troi's hot accent and heaving bosom
-token nigger slaving in the bowels of the ship
-Federation unable to figure out that the Holodeck was a serious threat to the ship and crew, much like alcohol today
-epic space combat
-best captain evar

Voyager was the worst
-Woman in charge, immediately gets lost
-Logical nigger (coming up next, generous Jew and r/asianmasculinity)
-Ship's cook is a pedo Guinan ripoff and everyone is cool with that, plus which his stupid eyebrows highlight whoopi goldberg's smooth approach to brow shaving
-B'elahna Torres is a genderflipped Worf
-Harry 'popular as herpes' kim

I still remember getting excited about Voyager until I found that Vulcans were suddenly niggers.

Friendly reminder that Kira burned a nice, innocent old man's house and exploded his grill, both of which he worked years, decades to create with his own two hands.

I would have kicked Porthos if I was a crewman on that ship.

>tfw no cute alien terrorist gf

This basically sums up with TOS is so great. However camp or dated it can feel, Kirk/Spock/McCoy have such great chemistry.

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."

>tfw he's alive in STO with absolutely no explanation, sitting in the bar

>but it has the most boring cast ever

That is the number one complaint among the gay community.

Gay people do seem to have a tendency toward violence.

I've only ever watch a couple episodes of Voyager and Enterprise, but I want to get into ST.

Should I just follow the production order or go with what interests me most?

Watch TOS first. It's the weakest of the Big 3, but the most memorable tebehe.

Just watched the inner light for the first time the other day

Not only is it the best star trek episode I have seen, it could also be the best tv show episode I have ever seen as well.

You just can't resist the feels.

The Visitor>Inner Light=City on the Edge of Forever

The Holy Trinity of ST feels

I haven't watched TOS in a long time, for some reason I cant even remember edge of forever, I can't remember a lot of TOS episodes, I remember liking the gangster episode where someone left a book on a planet and everyone got obsessed with it, and the computer simulated war suicide episode. Then a few of the stinkers like spoks mother fucking brain. But a lot of TOS episodes are super forgettable.

I'll bet you're a real prize, aren't ya, lol.

best: voyager
worst: enterprise

fuck you

How come no one ever talks about TAS? while the plots are simplified a bit because its animated they dont have to work around as many limitations which means there is way more truly alien shit.

No user. Fuck you.

I love enterprise. Welcome to the thread and enjoy your stay.

What was "brain", and why did spoks mother fuck it?

Because spoks mums is a filthy human whore who wanted to punish him after he killed the family pet on a traditional vulcan becoming of age quest that she disagreed wtih.

Ok...

But brain...

brain...

What is brain?

let's say i wanna give enterprise another shot, when does it start gettong not so terrible

I enjoyed the Xindi arc, and thought it was very creative. One of my favorite episodes was "The Shipment", featuring Archer's moving interactions with Gralik Durr.

Enterprise was the only Trek series that was good from the very beginning.

Seasons 1-3 were the best. Season 4 was when the quality started to fade. Most all of the stinkers are in season 4.

I love TOS so far, all of the episodes in the first season are super memorable to me. Like the one where a Romulan warship attack various Federation outposts near the Neutral Zone and Kirk and the Captain of the Romulan vessel spend the episode trying to outwit each other. Edge of Forever is when McCoy goes batshit and Kirk has to let a cutie die to save the future. It wasn't that feelsy for me to be honest.
All time favorite so far is Amok Time which has Kirk help out Spock with his weird fucking mating ritual.

>disrespectful
you sound like a nigger tbqh

I remember when I first watched TOS I really liked it but over time a lot of it has left my brain. I don't think I even finished season 3, the whole show really grinds to a stop towards the end.

There are a lot of bullshit "magic" episodes where some alien traps everyone, or possessed episodes to fill in the gaps between the hard hitters. But TNG also does that. TOS air order is also strange, like time travel episodes or space god episodes being aired in clumps, so you get a couple episodes in a row that are very similar, I also found that weird, I find watching them in a random order to be the best way.

>Personal Favourite
TOS

>Guilty Pleasure
Enterprise

pls no bully

[bullying intensifies]

"The Cage" was the very best episode in TOS.

"Galaxy Quest" was the very best TOS movie.

Enterprise gets good after Season 2.

>TOS
Great episodes found in the average episodes

>TNG
Boring and very repetitive. Everything looks bland. Riker episodes are great

>DS9
Space Opera with drama. Nothing to do with Star Trek. Very well written and great characters.

>Voyager
Garbage

>Enterprise
Forgettable but doesn't offend me like Voyager.

Not only is it the worst Star Trek theme, it was the worst TV show theme period. After 4 shows with neo-classical orchestral theme songs, what were they thinking with a douche-rock ballad?

Fuck off, the alternate universe was great.
And the opening music was way better than the usual shit.

This user gets it.

Even a lot of those "magic" episodes (still not 100% sure what you mean by this) are very good though. The time travel episodes are all nothing less than great so far (don't know if this will change, only halfway through season 2) and I can only think of one real space God episode (one where the crew meets the actual Greek God Apollo).

What does he get?

I respect this ranking, although I personally prefer DS9 over TOS

It.

TOS - 9/10
TNG 9/10
DS9 - 9,5/10
TAS - 7/10
VOY - 7,5/10
ENT - 6,5/10

Not saying the show is bad, but its widely accepted all of the shows quality varies a lot. And the risks they take making the show means there are a few stinkers but it also means you get some truly original shit.

Star Trek has always been hit and miss, most of the time you can tell the quality of an episode by how many writers are credited. If there are one or two its gonna be decent, three or four, kind of mediocre, five or six and you start getting into "why is piccard joining the away team" or territory. And god for bid if there are seven writers get ready for a toris mum episode.

Give me one thousand dollars.

this isnt a very sfw image

It was shown on primetime network TV in the US over a decade ago, how offensive could it be?

I just started watching tos. Every episode so far has had a cheesy fist fight, wtf is this? Nothing prepared me for the excessive violence on tos.

I forgot about B'Elanna being engineer.
Late in the series Janeway and 7of9 figured out the Treknobabble together, with B'Elanna rather sidelined.